Story-Focused, Multi-Arc Fantasy Adventure [CLOSED]

Started by King Serperior, March 15, 2017, 03:01:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Serperior

"Six Heroes, great and small, were destined for successes higher than mountains and defeats lower than valleys,
The first is the master of madness, but will always defend her allies,
The second is.....  (NOTE:  this part of the prophecy has been worn away too much to read),
The third is.....  (NOTE:  this part of the prophecy is written in an undecipherable language)
The fourth is.....  (NOTE:  this part of the prophecy was broken away long ago, thus cannot be read),
The fifth is....  (NOTE: this part of the prophecy seems to change depending on who you ask),
And finally, the sixth is...  (NOTE:  this part of the prophecy is widely debated).
Only together can the land be saved, but do these heroes know it?
They could be you or I, the bartender or the merchant, or even a prince or even unsavory sorts.
Whatever the case, the land will soon find itself in need of these cohorts!

~  Prophetic song sung by an oracle bard three ages past where it was written in stone.  The stone has been heavily damaged in a previous war and no one knows of any written versions that might exist.  Thus, the prophecy is widely debated and many bardic songs were written, each one more different than the last....

Welcome, curious eyes!  I am currently looking for a group of four, including myself, to engage on an epic journey inspired by Tabletop Pen-and-Paper Roleplaying Games such as 13th Age and Dungeons & Dragons in a more freeform format with some possible minor dice rolling, depending on the circumstances.

In all honesty, I have not crafted an amazing set adventure nor have I molded the land that the characters will be traveling through.  However, I know a few details:

• Races:  There will be
    13 races

Races:  This land is inhabited by numerous races.  Some races are more friendly with others, some are prejudiced against some, and some generally don't like to work with others.  Each individual doesn't have to follow the generalized thoughts of their people.  In fact, it is entirely possible for a Dwarf to be good friends with an Orc!  Or a High Elf to be as down and dirty as any 'lowly human.'  Heck, even an Orc can be as civilized as a Wood Elf!  However, these are usually the exceptions, not the norm.

• Drow (Dark Elf):  One of the three 'sub-races' of an original race of Elves, they are known for their dark skin and snow-colored hair (though there have been rare instances of silver colored hair) and are most often encountered in the subterranean tunnels and caves known only as the 'Underdark.'  90% of Drow have red eyes, but a select few have green or blue eyes, indicating a recessive gene from when the race once lived on the surface.  Drow generally stand between 5'4" and 6'0" and weigh between 130 and 175lbs.  They are known to live long natural lives averaging at 500 years with an upper limit somewhere between 800 and 1000.  They worship the near god-like being known only as the 'Spider Queen,' ' Lolth,' or 'The Mother.'  They are best known for their abilities of the night, a gift granted by the Mother to her followers.  The Drow are known for silent, swift attacks that often utilize poisons and ambush.
    • Dragonborn (Human/Dragon Hybrid):  Standing between 6 and 7 feet tall and weighing up to 300lbs, these humanoid dragons are never mistaken for any other race.  They possess rough, scaly skin, hands and feet that have three claws with a fourth opposable claw, and always have golden, cat-like eyes.  Where scales don't cover, there is a leathery skin.  Dragonborn are known to possess what is known as a 'Breath Weapon,' which depends on their heritage and have a range of up to 30ft.  The Dragonborn's color denotes what they can breath:  Black - Acid, Blue - Lightning, Red - Fire, Green - Poison, and White - Frost.  There is a recessive trait that few Dragonborn possess that allows them to magically sprout wings from their back to allow for flight.  All Dragonborn are known for being honorable and even the most evil Dragonborn will not stab an opponent in the back and give them a fighting chance.  Of the races, the Dragonborn is among the least numerous since Dragons and Humans rarely reproduce.
    • Dwarf:  It is hard to mistake a Dwarf for any other race because they are short (rarely taller than 4'5" and never taller than 5'0") and stocky (most easily weigh between 160-230lbs).  Females are typically taller than males and males are typically more stocky.  Dwarves are a long-lived group who live average lives of 150 years, though some have been recorded to live up to 400.  Dwarves are known for their resistance to heat and fire and their smithing skills as well as their extreme resistance to poisons and alcohols, making Dwarven brews some of the strongest in the lands.  Most Dwarves favor heavy plate armor and weapons such as hammers and heavy crossbows.  Of the races, Dwarves tend to get along best with humans and don't like the Orcs or any Elven race, the High Elves in particular.  The Wood Elves are the only Elf they respect due to the race's love of hard work.
    • Gnome:  The Gnome is an often forgotten race due not only for their small stature (rarely taller than 3'0" and rarely weigh more than 75lbs), but also for their intense preference for illusionary magic above all others.  Despite that, none will deny that Gnomes are in possession of an eccentric sense of humor, inquisitiveness, and engineering prowess.  Gnomes live in nomadic tribes in the Underdark and it is known that spiders are their mortal foes, which often places themselves at odds with the Drow and their Drider goddess.  Most Gnomes prefer hit-and-run tactics with bows and their illusion magic allows allies better suited for combat to gain the upper hand.  Of the races, they are the most peaceful.
    • Gnoll:  More than any other, the Gnoll is a very tribal-oriented race that resembles humanoid hyenas.  Standing at full height, they can reach up to 7'0", but most hunch over to 6'0".  Though lean and muscular, they are heavy at nearly 300lbs.  The Gnolls have a natural rivalry against the Orcs and often try to outdo them in terms of strength and combat prowess.  Though a Knoll can live for nearly 80 years, most don't live longer than 40 due to their nature.  Unlike the Orcs, the Gnolls often reinforce their combat with tribal magic in the form of objects known as 'fetishes,' which can give an individual a temporary combat boost once a day.  Of the races, Gnolls and Humans get along well, though they distaste the humans' preference for large cities.
    • Half-Elf:  Born of the union between an Elf and a Human, Half-Elves generally take on the traits of the culture they were raised in.  High Elves generally view such individuals as being 'corrupted' and refuse to acknowledge them in most circumstances.  The Half-Elf is usually a little taller than humans, but slightly heavier than Elves.  Due to the mixing of the blood, they live longer than humans, but shorter than Elves averaging at 200 years.  Because they are caught between cultures, they are known for their enduring nature and refuse to send an ally into a situation that they themselves would not walk into.  In terms of general equipment, it depends on the individual and how they were raised.
    • Half-Orc:  The Half-Orc is born of a union between an Orc and a Human, thus combining much of the strength of Orcs with the agility possessed by Humans.  However, they are shunned from Human and Orc societies for being 'too human-like' or 'too Orc-like' in appearance.  The Half-Orc stands on average about 6'0" and usually weigh 180-220lbs.  Their tusks are smaller than those of their Orc brothers and are of more fair skinned like their human lineage.  This unique blending of blood has become the closest thing to culture to Half-Orcs who take great pride in their uniqueness.  The Half-Orc usually combines the ferociousness of their Orc blood with their opportunistic human blood to make them a formidable foe.  In terms of general equipment, they can take on any weapon or wear any armor, though they generally prefer heavier objects.
    • Halfling:  Rarely standing taller than 4'0", they appear to be 'half-sized humans' in appearance.  Of all the races, the Halfling gets along the best with others due to their quick wit and curiosity, which makes them great bards and peddlers.  Halflings are known for being ambidextrous and are very resistant to illusionary magic.  They live slightly longer than humans, but other than those key differences, Halflings are very much like Humans, though they prefer simpler lives, taking pleasure in the here-and-now.  Due to their size and quickness, Halflings prefer sneaking and stealth rather than engagements up front.
    • High Elf:  One of the three 'sub-races' of an original race of Elves, they are known for being tall and graceful and their pupil-less eyes.  They typically stand taller than humans, but are lighter in build.  Unlike the roguish Drow and the hard-working Wood Elves, the High Elves value magic and knowledge above all else.  Of the three races, High Elves view other races with disdain as 'lesser beings.'  In fact, the High Elves have fought wars with the Dwarves, Humans, Wood Elves, Drow, Orcs, Gnolls, and Halflings.  Only the Tieflings, Dragonborn, and Gnomes have never fought the High Elves, if only because the former two don't have an actual nation and are so widespread and the latter are so adept at avoiding conflict in the Underdark, thus making any war costly.  Regardless, the magical power of the High Elves are not questioned, despite their arrogance.
    • Human:  Humans are the most populous of the races and can be found just about anywhere in the land.  Humans are fierce and many races look at them with some contempt, but none will ever argue the fact that Humans will get back up again and again and again when other races would give up.  They are respected in the sense that, while they excel in nothing, they are diverse and adaptable in ways that no other race can boast.  It is not easy to break the human spirit and even when one is certain they are broken, they must always expect a surprise as the human nature comes forth with a fury.  This diversity allows humans to specialize in any weapons, armor, or magical talents.
    • Orc:  Tall and strong, the Orc race is one of the largest and strongest.  Their clan system leaves them seemingly fractured, but each clan leader will meet in times of need.  Because of their war-like nature, the Orcs often find themselves in conflict with the Gnolls, the High Elves, and the Dwarves.  Orc Males are by far the strongest, but Orc Females are more inclined to become shamans and lead the small groups in rough strategy.  Orcs have an odd partial alliance with Humans and Gnomes for the former are so similar to themselves and the Gnomes because....well.....no one actually knows!  Orcs prefer melee weapons and combat to ranged weapons and their battle magic is focused solely on combat-oriented specialties.
    • Tiefling:  Born of the union between Humans and a Demon, Tieflings are known for their cunning and personal allure, which makes them excellent deceivers as well as inspiring leaders when prejudices are laid aside.  Despite their appearances, Tieflings, like humans, can be good, evil, and everything in between.  Despite their rough human appearance, they possess a somewhat unsettling air about them as every Tiefling possesses 1-6 physical features that represent their demonic ancestry and blood.  The most common features are horns, prehensile tails, and pointed teeth, but other features can include:  Eyes that appear to be pupil-less orbs of solid black, red, white, silver, or gold;  a sulfurous odor or the scent of brimstone;  cloven hooves;  unique skin colors such as red, green, blue, purple, and other noticeable colors;  forked tongues;  leathery or scaly skin;  unusually warm flesh;  sometimes the inability to cast shadows or reflections;  furred skin;  feline eyes;  antlers instead of horns;  and many, many other traits!  No matter the appearance, a Tiefling is easily picked out in a crowd unless they are able to hide their demonic features.  In fact, a rare few Tieflings could even magical sprout demonic wings to allow flight!  In any case, Tieflings have a preference for the mystic arts of magic, though a Tiefling can be anything from a sword-wielding warrior to a bard to smiths and politicians.  Tieflings have no true culture and are found wherever humans may be found, but once one befriends a Tiefling, they are considered to be family.
    • Wood Elf:  One of the three 'sub-races' of an original race of Elves, they are known for their copper skin and bright, green eyes.  Wood Elves are most often encountered in their forest homes and generally dress simply.  They rarely wear any armor except what is natural, such as wood or leather.  Other than their fine physical features, they are similar to humans in height and build.  In terms of physical strength and endurance, they are the strongest of the three, yet are known to be among the most calm and level-headed of the Elves.  If there is one thing that signifies the powers of a Wood Elf, it is their bowmanship and their extremely fine craftmanship when it comes to creating bows.  In the forests, nothing can move more silently than a Wood Elf.  Compared to the other Elven 'sub-races,' Wood Elves generally don't enjoy magic and value the strengths of one's own hands and hard work.
    that live in the land, be it in kingdoms or simple towns.  Four of these races will be represented by the player characters.
  • Starting Point:  The characters will meet in a tavern, attracted to a job for varying reasons.  This will be the first story arc.  After that, the arcs will depend on character interaction and player interest.
  • Prophecy:  There is a prophecy, as seen above, but unlike so many stories, this prophecy will NOT be the focus since the words itself are mostly lost and there are hundreds of versions spread around.  Nevertheless, the six the prophecy refer to will be the player characters.
  • Character Strength:  The player characters can be as green as a beginner or they may be a veteran adventurer.  However, the adventure will assuredly test them all for there are always beings who are stronger than others.
  • Magic:  Magic is easily a very overpowering thing, but don't let that make you feel like you must make one or be weak.  Non-magical characters have their own strengths as well.  I will personally be playing a magic user, though most spells rely heavily upon chance and may even backfire!
  • This is simply a check to see who might be interested:  I am the world's slowest writer, so I won't put a serious post rate.  Besides, this is currently a check to see who MIGHT be interested.
  • Story-over-Smut:  Just to make it clear, this game will focus primarily on the story aspects instead of smut.  I won't say that there won't be any, but I will say that I highly doubt that smut will happen on the first in-game month, let alone the first day!  If your goal is smut, I am afraid that I must point you elsewhere.  If you are here for the adventure and story, then please ask questions!
  • Character Creation:  Are you having problems creating a character concept?  Then, I would like to point you to a thread that Blythe created which has hundreds of ideas!

Character Sheet

[float=left][img height=150 padding=10]IMAGE URL HERE[/img][/float]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Affiliation:[/b]  [i]Who or what is your character affiliated with?  A government?  A school?  A guild?  Themselves?  A Town?  No one at all?[/i]
[b]Class:[/b]  [i]What class is your character?  A Sorcerer?  A Rogue?  A Cleric?  A Necromancer?[/i]
[b]Important Notes:[/b]  [i]Just a handful of key notes about the character.  No need to go into lots of detail unless specifically asked or if that is what you want.[/i]
[b]Specific Items / Weapons:[/b]  [i]No one person can be a walking arsenal, so list only specific items.  Everything here will be subject to GM approval.  All characters are assumed to possess the following items:  A small money pouch, a pack/traveling satchel, rations for a handful of days, sleeping roll, and a water/wine skin/flask.[/i]
[b]Notable Spells:[/b]  [i]Only fill out if the character is a spellcaster of some sort.  List no more than FIVE specific spells that the character will use most often.  Basic spells such as a simple spark spell for lighting campfires don't need mentioning.[/i]
[b]Ons/Offs:[/b]  [i]Please link your Ons/Offs thread here.[/i]

So, with that said, if anyone has any questions, please ask and I'll answer!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

King Serperior

Name:  Zheera Khane (Zee-Ra Khan-E)
Race:  Tiefling
Sex:  Female
Affiliation:  Herself for the most part, though she has connections a small merchant guild as well as a black market magic dealer.
Class:  Chaos Mage
Important Notes:  Doesn't care to know who her birth parents were;  Raised by a small merchant guild;  Came to know magic after pilfering a book one day;  Demonic features include:  Pupil-less, white eyes, pale, white skin, spiraling horns, slightly elongated canines, vastly slower aging process, and casts no shadow;  Currently travels around and does what interests her most.
Specific Items / Weapons:  Two daggers;  Fancy robes enchanted to repel dirt, mud, grime, and blood that she paid a small fortune for;
Staff of Madness

An unbreakable, enchanted staff that is said to entrap the mad spirit of a sorcerer from a previous age, the owner of this staff can use it to focus either his own energies through it OR channel the magic that the mad spirit with wields.  In doing the latter, the energies within the staff do completely random things, all on the whims of the sorcerer within.  The staff is topped with a purple gemstone that pulses like a heartbeat.  It glows a bright purple when the spirit within is allowed to use its power.  An individual can only be affected by the staff's power once per day. 
Roll 1d100 for Staff's Effects

• 1% Coin Shower:  Foe explodes into a shower of gold coins that scatter all over a 10 foot area;  Total coins equals about 500.
  • 2% Mice:  Out of every conceivable pocket and pouch of the target come many tiny, squeaking mice!  This lasts for 10 minutes and the mice continue to come out of pockets and pouches even though the amount would never have fit there in the first place!
  • 3% - 4% Chain Link:  The target is suddenly wrapped up in about 50 feet of chains that weigh about 500lbs!
  • 5% - 9% Turn into Harmless Creature:  The target changes into a random, nonthreatening creature;  The target retains all memories and intelligence they originally had.
    Roll 1d100 for Resulting Creature
    1-10 = Pig;  11-20 = Bunny;  21-30 = Rooster;  31-40 = Cow;  41-50 = Horse;  51-60 = Mutt;  61-70 = Donkey;  71-80 = Deer; 81-90 = Small Cat; 91-100 = Goose
  • 10% - 12% Bad Luck (Minor Curse):  The target experiences firsthand that whatever can go wrong for them WILL go wrong for them!  Praying to a deity is generally the best way to remove this curse, depending on the deity.
  • 13% - 14% Halfling:  The target becomes half their normal size;  Weapons, armor, and items remain the same size.
  • 15% - 17% Werewolf:  The target suddenly transforms into a Werewolf, even if there is no full moon at the time of transformation;  The target is forever a Werewolf unless a cure is found!
  • 18% Mute:  The target suddenly loses the ability to speak, or make any verbal sounds for that matter!
  • 19% - 21% Scared:  The target suddenly begins to fear everything, from their own friends and family to children to puppies to even doors and houses;  Target is extremely scared of tunnels, caves, puppies, kittens, and children in the same way that someone would be afraid of a 100ft dragon!
  • 21% - 23% Cross-Eyed:  The target loses all depth perception, so they cannot judge distances further than five feet.
  • 24% - 25% Disbelief:  The target suddenly believes NOTHING that anyone says, even if proof is in front of their face.
  • 26% - 29% Hangover:  The target suddenly feels like like they have the WORST hangover in their life, even if they have never had anything to drink!
  • 30% - 31% Itchy:  The target feels an almost uncontrollable urge to scratch themselves, going so far as to drop weapons, shields, coin-purses, and other valuables in order to scratch that itch!
  • 32% - 34% Believing:  The person effectively becomes the most gullible person in the land, believing everything that is said to him, no matter how crazy it sounds!  Everything they hear is a fact, which is confusing if someone tries to correct him since everyone always tells the truth!
  • 35% - 36% Shrink Weapons:  ALL weapons and shields of the target shrink down to 1/10th their size!
  • 37% - 41% Change Species:  The target suddenly changes into another species!
    Roll 1d100 for results
    1-10 = Human; 11-20 = Orc; 21-30 = Dwarf; 31-40 = Elf
    Roll 1d100 to determine species
    1-33 = High Elf; 34-66 = Dark Elf; 67-99 = Wood Elf; 100 = Roll Again
    ; 41-50 = Dragonborn
    Roll 1d10 to determine Dragon Heritage
    1-2 = Black - Acid; 3-4 = Blue - Lightning; 5-6 = Green - Poisonous Gas; 7-8 = Red - Fire; 9-10 = White - Frost
    ; 51-60 = Kobold; 61-70 = Tiefling (random demon features); 71-80 = Gnoll; 81-90 = Goblin; 91-100 = Gnome[/i]
    Sometimes, the target is lucky and are not changed (human target rolls a 1-10);  Target animals can also be changed this way;  All targets retain memories and intelligence of their previous form;  As far as the mad spirit is aware, these changes are permanent!
  • 42% - 43% Weapons to Beasts: The target's weapons change into beasts:  Swords to Snakes, Daggers to Spiders, Hammers to Bears, Maces to Wolves, Staffs to Big Cats, and Bows to Predatory Birds.
  • 44% Gender Swap:  Males become Females and Females become Males!  If the creature is neither, roll 1d100:  1-50 = Male; 51-100 = Female.
  • 45% - 46% Massive Fireball:  Summons a huge ball of fire that explodes in a 10 foot area upon impact.
  • 47% - 51% Chest of Loot!:  The target's weapons, armor, magical items, and valuable trinkets (coins, necklaces, rings, and the like) all disappear from the target's person and a large, wooden chest appears at the caster's feet;  The chest is full of the items removed from the target.
  • 52% - 54% Return to Master:  The target is cursed so that, upon their death, their body comes back to undeath as a ghoul and seeks out the one who did the killing blow as their servant.
  • 55% - 57% Vampire:  The target falls to the ground, dead;  Once it becomes night, they rise again as a Vampire;  If it is already night, they will rise again in 10 minutes.
  • 58% - 59% Purify:  The target is instantly purified of all that ails them!  If they were changed in any way (species changed or became a vampire/werewolf for example), they are returned to their original forms;  If they are undead, they regain a new, pure body and become living again.
  • 60% - 61% Go to Sleep:  The target falls into an enchanted sleep and will not wake up for 8 hours, or until the sun rises, whichever comes first.
  • 62% Fear of Magic:  The target becomes deathly afraid of all things magical and will throw any magical items on their person on the ground and run from magic users in terror.
  • 63% Tentacles:  1d4 limbs of the target become disturbing, yet functional tentacles.
  • 64% - 67% Confused Protector:  The target suddenly doesn't recognize anyone or anything around them, but thinks the caster is their friend and will do all in their power to protect the caster, even sacrifice their life.
  • 68% - 71% Death Mark (Curse):  Bullies, bandits, and all other unsavory types instantly dislike the targeted person.  They are always the target for animal bites, muggings, brawls, pranks, and everything else that is bad.  The target may or may not live a long life, but they will always be a target.  Clerics and Priests can sense this and only conversion to a religion can save this person from this curse!
  • 72% - 73% Hunted (Curse):  The target will now be attacked, tormented, and eventually killed by creatures and beings of evil:  Vampires, Ghouls, Ghosts, Spirits, Zombies, and all forms of Undead.  Victims of this curse rarely survive for longer than a month.  Clerics and Priests can sense this curse and only conversion to a religion can break the curse.
  • 74% Last Breath (Curse):  The target will die within the week (roll 1d6 + 1 to find how many days the target has to live before the curse kills them), usually by violence!  Clerics and Priests can sense this curse and only conversion to a religion can save them.
  • 75% - 76%Petrify:  The target becomes stone, like a statue!  The target remains a statue for one week before returning to normal.  Damaging the statue will cause damage equal to the target's original to the target upon returning to normal (breaking it's arm off will cause the person to come back without an arm).
  • 77% - 79% Vortex:  A tall, thin tornado is blasted at the target and anything between the tornado and the target.  The tornado seeks the target until it engulfs the them and flings them in a random direction.
  • 80% Blindness:  The target suddenly goes completely blind!
  • 81% - 83% Holy Lightning:  From the heavens, a massive boom of thunder sounds and a large lightning bolt falls from the sky and strikes the target;  Undead and evil beings are hit with twice the bolt's intensity;  Beings of good take no damage.
  • 84% - 86% Sonic Boom:  A blast of pure, sonic energy is sent at the target;  Upon impact, a massive sonic boom centered on the target expands for 20ft in all directions, hurting both fiends and foes with sound;  There is a 50% chance that everyone caught in it will be knocked off their feet and all who are caught in the blast will be temporarily deafened.
  • 87% Horns: If the target has horns or spikes, they loose them all;  If the target has no horns or spikes, they grow 1d20 horns and spikes all over their bodies.
  • 88% - 89% Lightning Arc:  The target is blasted with a bolt of lightning that, after striking the foe, will leap to the closest person within 100ft and continue until it has struck five people.  The arcs will not hit someone it has already struck.
  • 90% Minor Inconvenience (Curse):  The target is suddenly afflicted with a minor physical disorder:
    Roll 1d100 for results
    1-10 = Has a 102 degree fever and feels tired, drained, and uncomfortable; 11-20 = Has gas, indigestion, and feels bloated; 21-30 = Has a dull, throbbing headache, that makes sleeping and concentration difficult; 31-40 = Hiccups constantly, making it annoying, hard to speak, and sneaking becomes impossible; 41-50 = Gets an ingrown toenail, thus the target limps, has trouble walking, and balance and speed are greatly reduced; 51-60 = Has an itchy rash that only vigorous scratching can relieve, making the target extremely distracted; 61-70 = The victim now has dozens of nasty-looking pimples all over their face and arms; 71-80 = The target now has nausea, which leaves them with a stomach-ache, loose bowels, and vomiting; 81-90 = The target now has a nagging, constant cough, watery eyes, and a runny nose, thus sneaking is almost impossible and talking is difficult; 91-100 = The target now has major vertigo, making fast movement nearly impossible and the target becomes near helpless at heights greater than 10ft.
    ; The curse lasts as long as one would expect a natural condition would last given proper treatment, or lack thereof.
  • 91%Giant:  The target grows into a ten foot taller, 1000lb heavier version of themselves and are rippling with muscle, but their armor, weapons, and clothing remain the same size; Their skin is thick, making arrows and bladed weapons difficult to harm the target, but magical attacks are twice as effective!
  • 92% Disharmonious:  The target will soon find out that right is now left and vice versa as well as arms are now legs!  This is because when they try to move their right arm, their left leg moves instead!
  • 93% Doppleganger:  Creates an exact copy of the target in every single way;  If the target moves, so does the Doppleganger;  In order to do anything, the target must kill his Doppleganger, but that will be tough because the Doppleganger will do the same things the target does against it at the same time.
  • 94% Deafen:  The target is now completely and totally deaf!
  • 95% Annihilate:  A black orb flies at the target and, on impact with anything, it explodes and vaporizes everything in a 10ft blast radius, leaving a crater that is three feet deep in the ground!
  • 96% Gust of Wind:  The target is blasted with a 70mph gust of wind that will likely knock them off their feet and send them stumbling backwards.
  • 97% Turn into Deadly Beast (Normal):  The target changes into a random, deadly creature;  The target retains all memories and intelligence they originally had. 
    Roll 1d100 for Resulting Creature
    1-10 = Wolf; 11-20 = Grizzy Bear; 21-30 = Giant Spider (think Skyrim-sized); 31-40 = Large Crocodile; 41-50 = Giant Scorpion (Think as large as Skyrim Spiders); 51-60 = Giant Snake (~40ft long); 61-70 = Large, Predatory Cat (cat depends on environment, otherwise it is a default mountain lion); 71-80 = Giant Bat (About human-sized); 81-90 = Eagle; 91-100 = Giant Boar.[/i]
  • 98% Death Wish (Curse):  The target suddenly has no fear of death and will take unnecessary risks in everything, including combat.
  • 99% Water Spout:  A powerful geyser of water erupts under the target's feet and sprays water all over the battlefield and may send the target flying 50ft in the air, unless there is a ceiling for the target to hit.
  • 100% Turn into Deadly Beast (Monstrous):  The target changes into a random, deadly creature;  The target retains all memories and intelligence they originally had. 
    Roll 1d100 for Resulting Monster
    1-10 = Dire Wolf (a 9ft long, 800lbs wolf); 11-20 = Dire Bear (a 12ft long, 8000lb Grizzly Bear); 21-30 = Owlbear; 31-40 = Griffon; 41-50 = 51-60 = Chimera (10ft long, 4000lb beast with a Dragon's head, a Goat's body, and a venomous snake for a tail: 
    Roll 1d10 for Dragon's head color to know what it breathes (all breath attacks have a 20ft range)
    1-2 = Black - Acid; 3-4 = Blue - Lightning; 5-6 = Green - Poisonous Gas; 7-8 = Red - Fire; 9-10 = White - Frost
    ); 61-70 = Ogre; 71-80 = Wyvern (10ft long, 1 ton cousin to dragons, it has a poisonous stinger in it's tail); 81-90 = Minotaur (10ft tall and 700lbs); 91-100 = Young Dragon (20ft long, 2 ton dragon
    Roll 1d100 for color to find breath attack (all breath attacks have a 30ft range) and preferred attack style (may change depending on target's original preference)
    1-20 = Black-Acid-Ambush; 21-40 = Blue-Lightning-Attacks from above or below (Blue dragons burrow very well); 41-60 = Green-Toxic Gas-Strategic all out offense; 61-80 = Red-Fire-No strategy in attack; 81-100 = White-Frost-Hit and run.
    )

Notable Spells: 

• Mage Hand:  A nonverbal spell, it allows the caster to pick up objects up to the weight of a small tome and either bring it to him or to throw it.  Useful when using throwing daggers.
  • Chaos Bolt:  A bolt of pure energy is fired from the hand of the caster and, upon striking the target, it affects them with a random effect:  Acid [acid], Frost [ice], Flame [fire], Force [kinetic energy knocks them back or down], Holy [good], Negative [evil], Lightning [electric], Poison [poison], Thunder [sonic/sound], or Psychic [psychic energy that assaults the mind].  (Roll 1d10;  The result is the effect).  Perhaps unreliable, but it allows a mage to use energy that they couldn't use normally (I.E. Necromancer using Holy attacks).
  • Horrific Gaze:  Upon making eye contact with a target, this spell can make the caster appear to be the one thing the person fears the most for up to five minutes.
  • Witch Light:  The caster can summon a small ball of light in the palm of their hand that can last for an hour at a time.
  • Turn to Mist:  The caster and all they wear or carry can temporarily turn into a cloud of mist, but this spell takes a little time to cast and the cloud is somewhat slow-moving.
Ons/Offs:  Located here

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

Vlexia

I would be interested, specifically in playing a half-orc. Would it be feasible to have her raised in an orc community/stronghold?

And would there be some sort of posting order or rate? It's been frustrating joining recent group games where it falls to a crawl and eventually dissipates after a week or so.

If you cannot honor a No, then you certainly could never honor a Yes.

King Serperior

I would say it would be feasible.  A half-orc raised in an orc stronghold or community would have had a tough life, but it would be possible.

As for posting orders or rates, I don't like making a hard one as I am a slow poster myself.  I'm of the opinion for everyone to be reasonable and not turn a scene into a one-on-one when two posters are far faster than the rest.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Vlexia

Quote from: King Serperior on March 15, 2017, 09:56:00 AM
As for posting orders or rates, I don't like making a hard one as I am a slow poster myself.  I'm of the opinion for everyone to be reasonable and not turn a scene into a one-on-one when two posters are far faster than the rest.

That does happen when people are more excited than others.

King Serperior

True.  That said, do you have any questions or perhaps a concept in mind for your half-orc?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Vlexia

Preliminary concept...

I will admit I've never done a dice roll RP so I have NO idea how that would work. Also, your character's staff was a bit overwhelming lol I wouldn't even know how to begin creating something like that if that's what you're looking for in a weapon.

Vaja-Rul

Full Image
Name: Vaja-Rul (va-ja-Rool)
Race: Half-Orc
Sex: Female
Affiliation:  Warrior's/Mercenary Guild
Class:  Two Handed Berserker
Important Notes:  Vja-Rul is 6'0" in height and weighs around 190 lbs naked. When wearing her armor, she can reach up 230 lbs easily as she wears heavy iron as protection. Her skin is ash green, not as deep as her orc brethren, yet very distinguishable, and her eyes are slanted, slightly further apart than a human's, yet strikingly blue from her mysterious mother. The female has jet black hair that hangs long and very straight, and extended over her upper lip are her two elongated lower canines. Her figure can be described as more voluptuous than curvy as she is not petite by any means, yet muscles in her biceps and thighs are thick with strength. She also wears war paint on occasion as custom to orcs.

Born in an Orcish stronghold, Vaja-Rul has learned the hard way of life. Being one of the many, many illegitimate children born of the chieftain, she herself from a human prisoner who died giving birth to her, the young half-orc was lost in the crowd as she grew up. She worked in the nearby mines, learning to smith and fight with what she could make.

Orcs focused only on their skill, on their tactics, and her training started at a young age and never stopped. She had been giving dual weapons, bow and arrows, and maces, and although she was alright at them, her real talent came with the heavy two-handed weapons. "The Gods gave you two hands," her father told her one day. "You will use them both to hold your weapon."

Able to swing it accurately, her muscles grew everyday. She could not grow lazy in her abilities; a lazy orc is a dead orc. Practicing against her full-blooded brothers and sisters gave her the education needed against heavier and stronger opponents, as well as to not back down from a fight against one. She grew quicker, battling through the injuries, the soreness, the pain, scaring her skin, and getting tougher everyday for years.

When her father, the chief, finally died, she left the next day, leaving the squabble for his replacement behind before finding herself welcomed in her travels by a member of the Fighter's Guild who offered her to come and join them on a present quest. Talent and strength was always welcomed, and she would clearly not disappoint.

Specific Items / Weapons: 
  • Heavy Two handed weaponry. Iron war hammer weighing at 45 lbs
  • Heavy iron armor: Breastplate, gauntlets, boots and greaves. This usually leaves her thighs bare.
  • Power swing (Excellent). She can either smash a skull in using the blunt side of the hammer, stab through the neck using the spiked end in a beheading, or loop the curved spike around the back of her opponents neck, yank them towards her, and headbutt them.
  • Block (Great). It has to be, she carries no shield. Her spiked iron gauntlets also block swinging side attacks if her hammer is currently engaged.
  • Strength (orc bonus, Great)
  • Power Stance (Great) extremely hard to stun or knock over.
  • Durability (Great) Can take a lot of damage before falling
  • Disarm techniques (good)
  • Proficient at long swords, war axes, and maces
  • Night vision is excellent, day vision is average, her human blood enabling her to see better in brighter lights.

Notable Spells:  N/A

Ons/Offs:  Please link your Ons/Offs thread here.

King Serperior

Quote from: Vlexia on March 15, 2017, 10:57:31 AM
I will admit I've never done a dice roll RP so I have NO idea how that would work.
That shouldn't be anything to worry about.  This is NOT a system game where dice are required.  This is 100% a freeform game.  My character's staff will use dice because I want to leave that weapon solely to chance.  It can turn a good situation bad or vice-versa, the definition of chaos!

So, before I get into reading your character, keep in mind that you do not have to treat the character as one you would expect from a pen and paper or tabletop game.  Treat it like you would in a normal, freeform game.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Vlexia

Quote from: King Serperior on March 15, 2017, 11:01:32 AM
That shouldn't be anything to worry about.  This is NOT a system game where dice are required.  This is 100% a freeform game.  My character's staff will use dice because I want to leave that weapon solely to chance.  It can turn a good situation bad or vice-versa, the definition of chaos!

So, before I get into reading your character, keep in mind that you do not have to treat the character as one you would expect from a pen and paper or tabletop game.  Treat it like you would in a normal, freeform game.

Sounds good.

King Serperior

Alright, well, if you need to change anything for your character, feel free to.

And, this goes for other interested parties:  This is not a system.  This is a freeform adventure that is driven by story and characters. 

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

yesiroleplay

King Serperior

Quote from: yesiroleplay on March 15, 2017, 03:37:16 PM
This sounds interesting.
posting for notices
Greetings!  Thanks for expressing interest!

If you have questions, please let me know.  I'm more than willing to help hash out a character concept if one is out of reach.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Vlexia

Quote from: King Serperior on March 15, 2017, 02:57:48 PM
Alright, well, if you need to change anything for your character, feel free to.

How is it so far?

King Serperior

From what I can see, it looks good, though it sounds partially like a system game character when I look at the specific weapons and items.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Geeklet

Fantasy RP with KS? I am most certainly interested.

King Serperior

Quote from: Geeklet on March 15, 2017, 04:14:29 PM
Fantasy RP with KS? I am most certainly interested.
If that's the case, you're more than welcome to join up.   ::)

I'll be gone for a few hours, but if you have questions regarding anything or just want to bounce around a character concept, please feel free to ask them.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Geeklet

My first inclination was towards an orc, but i can see that is already taken ;)

Vlexia

Quote from: Geeklet on March 15, 2017, 05:04:32 PM

If the orc speaks to you, I have an idea for a half elf :)

Let me know.

King Serperior

Quote from: Geeklet on March 15, 2017, 05:04:32 PM
Quote from: Vlexia on March 15, 2017, 05:57:33 PM
If the orc speaks to you, I have an idea for a half elf :)

Let me know.
As a note, this game is about playing the character you want to play.  If you and someone else wants to play an Elf, then play Elves!  Besides, if you want to play an Orc, Geekie, then you can as it seems that Vlexia has a half-orc.

That said, if you want a half-elf, feel free.  As of now, you two and one other are the only ones who have shown interest, so there's still time.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Chulanowa

Interested as well, really eyeballing them gnolls. 'Cause I never get to play one  ;D

King Serperior

Quote from: Chulanowa on March 16, 2017, 04:56:25 AM
Interested as well, really eyeballing them gnolls. 'Cause I never get to play one  ;D
Hello there, Chulanowa!  Glad to see you're showing interest!

So, do you have any questions or concepts in mind?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Diesel Heart

Name:  Savion
Race:  Halfling
Sex:  Male
Affiliation:  Savion belongs to a gang of thieves called 'Cloaks & Daggers' and are pretty notorious in his hometown to the south.  His hometown is called Malacaih, named after the human noble that settled the area as farmland until it gradual prospered into an abundant city full of cutpurses and corrupt officials.
Class:  Rogue
Important Notes:  A life born and raised in illicit activity has taught Savion the necessary skills in order to survive harsh conditions.  The acts of theft and assassination aren't a foreign concept and it's almost all he knows.  In his gang, they advocate and adhere to the concept of survival of the fittest, going far enough to even allow subterfuge and scheming within their own ranks.  As a result, the figures in authority are in constant fluctuation which enables law enforcement to keep guessing on who to approach.  Savion learned from his father early that the ideal way to survive the city was to remain a nobody.  That was a risk too, however, as it kept one scarce for food or shelter.  Nonetheless, when Savion was old enough to strike out on his own, he began to utilize all the skills taught to him by his father.  He stuck to the basics at first, earning food by cutting purses from people in the bazaar or coercing likely targets to give over valuables.

After years of being a petty thief, a new gang started to rise in popularity within the city and actively did anything possible to ruin Cloaks & Daggers successes.  Before long, the new gang was in charge and a war between thieves erupted in the streets at nightfall for two months until the city guard decided to get involved.  Similar to many others, Savion was apprehended during the chaos by authorities and thrown into a cell where he spent years serving out a sentence.  Fortunately, they could only charge him with generalized thievery and resisting arrest.  Upon his release, Savion returned to what remained of the gang but with a new way of operating.  While in prison, he overheard tales of glory from others which inspired him to upgrade from the tedious routine of thievery to questing for something greater.  To this day, he belongs to the gang but only by brand.  The expectations of contributing a percentage of earnings ended after being released to prison and most of his brethren agree their allegiance is nothing more than formality.

In terms of physical appearance, Savion is a clean-shaven halfling with an appreciation for being presentable.  In his opinion, looking the part is more important than playing it and compels him to dress in fine apparel he's purchased throughout his time as an adventurer.  While he's not rich by noble standards, he's been able to afford expensive tastes in recent years.  A jacket with a flared collar, gem-engraved boots and white shirt that gives a hint to a taut musculature are usually worn with everything else varying depending on the weather.

• Dagger - Savion only carries a single dagger at a time, kept in place with a small, leather strap he puts around his wrist when in use.
  • Leather Armaments - Savion wears light armoring around the wrists, shoulders and underneath his trousers.
  • Money Pouch - Savion's savings are kept in a small pouch stuffed into a clasped, internal pocket of his jacket.  He normally stuffs it with small scraps of cloth to muffle the sound of coinage moving around.  It currently holds X gold.
  • Traveling Satchel - Savion prefers to travel light to promote mobility and agility in the event of conflict.  As a result, he carries only the essentials in a traveling satchel tied to his right hip by leather straps and small, iron clasps.  It currently holds:
    • A handful of rations wrapped in lacquered leaves.
    • A set of Thieve's Tools
    • A silver flask of water
    • A hand mirror in a compact, foldable case
    • Hemp Rope
    • A Torch
    Ons/Offs

Submitting my interest with this.

King Serperior

Ah, the rogue-thief type!  Such a person would have very useful skills on a long-term adventure.

Just a couple of questions:
- So, outside of his hometown, he's basically an unknown?
- It appears that he thieves for the challenge and greater glory?  Interesting indeed.
- Finally, his appearance for appearance's sake is that of a somewhat well-off trader/scholar?

Other than those minor questions, I think Savion is pretty great!  His skills should great indeed.

As a note, in terms of gold, remember to be reasonable.  I'm not really expecting characters to start off super rich.  Usually somewhere between 'completely broke' to 'Has some to last a couple of days.'  I'm not going to be making character money a huge issue though as it can bog a game down somewhat.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Diesel Heart

Quote from: King Serperior on March 17, 2017, 12:04:03 PM
Ah, the rogue-thief type!  Such a person would have very useful skills on a long-term adventure.

Just a couple of questions:
- So, outside of his hometown, he's basically an unknown?
- It appears that he thieves for the challenge and greater glory?  Interesting indeed.
- Finally, his appearance for appearance's sake is that of a somewhat well-off trader/scholar?

Other than those minor questions, I think Savion is pretty great!  His skills should great indeed.

As a note, in terms of gold, remember to be reasonable.  I'm not really expecting characters to start off super rich.  Usually somewhere between 'completely broke' to 'Has some to last a couple of days.'  I'm not going to be making character money a huge issue though as it can bog a game down somewhat.

Yeah, he's relatively unknown.  There might be a few ragtag bands of adventurer's out there he's worked with a few times but the extent of their exploits is mundane at best.  He wouldn't call himself a thief anymore, though.  He's just turned his talents toward something else.  What his purpose is, he's practically searching for.  It's a different life that gives him the chance to get the same adrenaline going.  His appearance could be considered lesser nobility.  It's mostly just to boost a charismatic appeal.

King Serperior

Quote from: Diesel Heart on March 17, 2017, 02:28:24 PM
Yeah, he's relatively unknown.  There might be a few ragtag bands of adventurer's out there he's worked with a few times but the extent of their exploits is mundane at best.  He wouldn't call himself a thief anymore, though.  He's just turned his talents toward something else.  What his purpose is, he's practically searching for.  It's a different life that gives him the chance to get the same adrenaline going.  His appearance could be considered lesser nobility.  It's mostly just to boost a charismatic appeal.
Alright, that sounds good.  The somewhat fancy clothes is similar to Zheera because she likes to dress well and magic objects sell for a lot, but most of her money goes back to the merchant guild she grew up in.  Other than a single black market contact and a few friends in the small guild, she's mostly been doing her own thing.

As far as I am concerned, the character is approved.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Supias

I see that there are more than the 5 or 6 you were looking for have already show interest.  I'm interested as well, if only for a small roll or side character should it be needed.  I did have a question on your concept of the magic world used in this thread however.  I noticed the staff abilities and am curious to know more about that aspect of this world and adventure.

King Serperior

Quote from: Supias on March 18, 2017, 06:09:27 PM
I see that there are more than the 5 or 6 you were looking for have already show interest.  I'm interested as well, if only for a small roll or side character should it be needed.  I did have a question on your concept of the magic world used in this thread however.  I noticed the staff abilities and am curious to know more about that aspect of this world and adventure.
Ah, hello Supias!  Glad to see that you're showing interest in this.  Now, there's no need to worry about the number of people as this game will consist of characters I feel will work best.  So far, there's only one complete character and one in-progress one, so there's more than enough time for you to make a character if you want to.  After all, not everyone who shows initial interest will make a character due to possible writing workloads and other reasons.

On that note, when it comes to magic in this setting, I am not going to be doing a system-style in terms of magical points and costs.  However, I like to keep a general rule for small, simple magics like making a small spark to start a campfire being something most magic users learn.  However, advanced magic takes time to learn and the more advanced the magic, the longer the spell takes to cast and the more it takes out of the user.  More powerful magics also should have a downside.

Take my character's Staff of Madness for example:  It has many powerful effects, but there are also a great many downsides.  For example, a person hit by the staff's magic will be immune to future magic attacks by the staff for a full day.  Next, the spirit that lives in the staff is fickle and odd and may not even cast a spell if it doesn't want to.  Finally, the magic spell cast is 100% random, so there's no guarantee that the result will make a situation better or worse, so using the staff is a gamble.

Meanwhile, take a look at simpler spells like Mage Hand and Witch Light.  Those are less risky, but their threat of harm is minimal at best (one could use Mage Hand to make someone trip to their deaths, but there are better uses for the spell). 

So, I suppose the question is:  Are there any specific things you want to know about?

EDIT:  As a note, I will say that should another player character be accidently hit by the Staff's magic, I will make sure that fatal results are nullified and 'permanent' results temporary.  This means that if your character would become an Orc, it might simply last for a few hours to a couple of days ingame.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Supias

YES.  So many questions.  Say I don't want something quite so in depth as the staff, perhaps I would like to have just a few spells like similar to the "magic hands" kind of thing, could this be something worked out as far as the positives and negatives of it?  I'm creating a character in my mind but I'm wanting to make sure I'm in the guidelines of your structure.

King Serperior

In that case, downsides generally depend on the spell.  If it is a spell like my character's Mage Hand, the biggest downside would be range and strength (weight of force it can exert) to balance its wide range of uses.  Just what sort of spells are you thinking of?

Also, depending on your character could depend on the spells.  Spell strength depends generally on how much time the character spends studying it.  A warrior who prefers swords would not likely spend time learning spells.  Meanwhile, a mage that has lived for years studying spells would know stronger ones.  The same goes for someone who is casual where they may have just a couple of spells that helps them in one way or another, but nothing outstandingly strong.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Geeklet

Name: Aria Darkmore
Race: Human
Sex: Female
Affiliation: Ghothas, the Vile, a relatively unknown demonic entity
Class:  Warlock
Important Notes:  When stumbling around in ancient elven ruins, and a mysterious entity offers you immense power in return for setting it free, just be careful what you wish for. While she does retain her free will, there are occasional urges to help out the entity powering her, such as the recent elimination of a cult who worshiped a rival demon.

Specific Items / Weapons: Infernal weapon - Able to summon at will, can take the shape of any weapon desired, and Aria can use it with ease, even if normal weapons of that type would seem unwieldy (note: this does not make the weapon itself more effective than it would otherwise be)
Notable Spells: 

• Eldritch Blast: Fires a blast of raw magical energy from the caster's hands.
  • Armor of Shadows: Shadows swirl around the caster, making them harder to hit.
  • Arms of Hadar: Shadowy tentacles reach out and strike all those around the caster.
  • Darkness: Create an area of unnatural darkness, 15' radius
  • Spider Climb: Affected target can now traverse any surface while keeping their hands free.
Ons/Offs: Clicky (Note, thread is woefully out of date, feel free to PM with any questions)

King Serperior

Ooo!  A very interesting character, Geekie!

I'm pretty sure that this 'Ghothas, the Vile' isn't my character's parent, but who knows with an unknown demonic entity!  *laughs*  But, in all seriousness, I'm liking what I see.  I do have a small question:

- This infernal weapon:  Does it come from a mark on the skin?  An amulet, pendant, or bracelet?  Or does it form from nothing?  In any case, the weapon simply changes into a weapon that is needed as desired, but other than being seemingly well-made, it possesses no special powers other than the shape changing?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Supias

Quote from: King Serperior on March 18, 2017, 07:31:02 PM
  The same goes for someone who is casual where they may have just a couple of spells that helps them in one way or another, but nothing outstandingly strong.

This actually helps quite a bit for the character I'm thinking of thanks. A few spells that art useful but might not be his sole purpose.

Geeklet

It is stored inside its own pocket dimension. Usually a faint smell of sulfur whenever she 'pulls' it out. Automatically goes back there when more than 5 feet away. Its considered a magic weapon, but other than that, nothing special. Other than like, say, if it becomes any weapon that requires a decent amount of training to use properly (for example, a giant 2 handed axe), she can use her weapon, but a normal weapon of the same kind would still be hard to handle.

King Serperior

Quote from: Supias on March 18, 2017, 07:53:01 PM
This actually helps quite a bit for the character I'm thinking of thanks. A few spells that art useful but might not be his sole purpose.
That's about right.  For example, a peddler who knows a spell for loosening or tightening knots to help secure objects to their wagon.  Or perhaps a warrior who knows a minor spell to purify a skin of water.  Or even a hunter who can temporarily remove their scent through a spell.  In those cases, the spells are very useful to the person, but are generally somewhat specific.

Quote from: Geeklet on March 18, 2017, 07:54:23 PM
It is stored inside its own pocket dimension. Usually a faint smell of sulfur whenever she 'pulls' it out. Automatically goes back there when more than 5 feet away. Its considered a magic weapon, but other than that, nothing special. Other than like, say, if it becomes any weapon that requires a decent amount of training to use properly (for example, a giant 2 handed axe), she can use her weapon, but a normal weapon of the same kind would still be hard to handle.
Ah, that makes more sense.  Thanks for clarifying!

With that, I say she's approved!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Geeklet

King Serperior

One thing I would like to say is that skilled Priests, demon hunters, and experienced clerics will likely know that the weapon is of demonic origin.  Tieflings will also likely know as well.  As a magic weapons, most mages will know the moment they see it.  Obvious things, but I wanted to make sure that we might be on the same page.  Obviously, demon-origin weapons exist in various forms, but they are uncommon as one either has to make a pact with a demon, kill a demon and steal their weapon, OR kill a follower of a demon and steal the weapon gifted to them.

In any case, it's an interesting weapon indeed.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Geeklet

Oh yeah. Its fully clear that not just the weapon, but her magic as well has some sort of otherworldly source, and isn't "typical" magic.

King Serperior

Just like how a Tiefling's magic has traces of demonic energy as well.  Though, the staff is solely human in origin who somehow was cursed to reside there!

Glad we're on the same page in that regard.  *nodnod*

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Supias

Name: Vreshnah Kentar
Race: Drow
Sex: Male
Affiliation: Assassin’s guild known as Threads End.
Class:  Assassin
Important Notes:  Vreshnah has spent many years in the catacombs of blackened caves. It heightened his since of sound to bat like precision, but also to the point that loud noises are painful.  It has also made him sensitive to bright lights.  A stalker rather than a duelist, he is used to surprising or out witting his target rather than a direct hand to hand attack.

•   Throwing knives used as extensions of his hands rather than weapons.
•   The mirrored box: A set of scalpels, needles, and poisons utilized once his target has been neutralized and typically used for torture and interrogation. 
•   2 Daggers

Notable Spells: 

•   Stolen breath: Typically this spell is only used as a kind of gag to keep his targets from making noise and drawing attention there way.  On two occasions it was used as the means to end a life.  In both instances Vreshnah had to be touching the target and it took some time to complete.
•   Gift of Lolth: Vreshnah has a natural affinity to the eight legged creatures and he has a knack at knowing when any are near, but this spell allows him to see through the eyes of a familiar arachnid while in a sort of trance.  It also gives him some immunity to spider venoms though not to drider.
•   Deepen Shadows:  Moving almost invisibly in darkness(so long as his hair is covered), Vreshnah uses this spell to darken rooms where otherwise light would give his movements away.   

(Feel free to offer suggestions on others incantations or objects that might be helpful for this character. I am open to modifying the objects and spells but not so much the character himself.)

King Serperior

Ah, a Drow!  I was wondering if there would be one submitted here.

At an initial glance, everything looks good.  I do have a few questions to be clarified, but they aren't serious ones:

- Thread's End:  Is he still a full member working on his own time and in occasional contact with them?  Or has he left them, but still has at least a single contact there?  Of course, as an assassin, there may be some parties who may have a bounty against him.
- Gift of Lolth:  Rather than some immunity, perhaps it is an immunity to all spider venom....and perhaps a weakness to Drider venom in case he tries to betray her?  It might be something the spider goddess would do.
- Spider Familiar:  You mentioned a familiar spider and I was wondering if he has one?  Or would any spider do?  If the former, is it a large spider or a smaller one that is somewhere on his person?
- Light Bend:  Perhaps 'Deepen Shadows' would be more appropriate by the description?

Beyond that, I think he looks good!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Gateman

since you've only got one complete character so far, I'ma plant my flag here. I'll have a character ready for you asap, because, honestly, this looks pretty freaking fun.

King Serperior

Quote from: Gateman on March 18, 2017, 11:59:29 PM
since you've only got one complete character so far, I'ma plant my flag here. I'll have a character ready for you asap, because, honestly, this looks pretty freaking fun.
Ah, greetings, Gateman!  Thank you for showing interest in this!

I must correct you in that there are technically three completed characters in addition to my own.  One just needs a couple of questions cleared up, but is otherwise accepted.

Completed characters:
- Tiefling Chaos Mage [Me]
- Halfling Rogue [Diesel Heart]
- Human Warlock [Geeklet]
- Drow Assassin (simply needs a few questions answered) [Supias]
- OPEN
- OPEN

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

yesiroleplay

King Serperior

Oh, please don't thank me.  Thank Blythe for finding it and sharing it with everyone!

That said, take what time you need.  Sundays are my more busy days, so feel free to ponder over your idea and who knows, maybe another randomly generated idea will crop up that you like even more!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

yesiroleplay

Quote from: King Serperior on March 19, 2017, 01:30:11 AM
Oh, please don't thank me.  Thank Blythe for finding it and sharing it with everyone!

That said, take what time you need.  Sundays are my more busy days, so feel free to ponder over your idea and who knows, maybe another randomly generated idea will crop up that you like even more!
I was thinking along the lines of cleric anyway, and that was the 2nd one to come up.  I like it, though I have no idea what royal families are available.

King Serperior

Quote from: yesiroleplay on March 19, 2017, 01:35:20 AM
I was thinking along the lines of cleric anyway, and that was the 2nd one to come up.  I like it, though I have no idea what royal families are available.
If you are looking for a royal family, you could say that one was in a large town or city somewhere in the distant parts of the land.  Some royal families are royal in name only, so it might not even be a king and queen, but rather an independent noble family who viewed themselves as royalty.  Feel free to go with your gut on this and if there are any questions, I'll make sure to ask them.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Gateman

Name: Galen Loesse
Race: Half-Elf (wood-elf)
Sex: Male (androgynous)
Affiliation: Galen is only really affiliated with himself, and whichever local barkeep gives him the best prices on mead.
Class:  Bard
Important Notes: Loves to be the life of the party, will spend most of his gold in taverns; possibly an alcoholic; always has a good story to tell, possibly a habitual liar; Sometimes pretends to be female when trying to escape authorities; can't read music if he loses his ring
Specific Items / Weapons: A red journal, detailing everything Galen's learned in his travels, as well as who he owes money; a songbook; a small sachet of songbird lozenges; a pair of small clubs, both barely bigger than a sorcerer's wand; A goatskin drum, which has been reconfigured into a backpack;
Ring of Eloquence
The ring is a very valuable mystical item, though to the untrained eye, it appears to be a simple silver band. One of many, Galen's particular ring has been inscribed with the letters of the elven, dwarven, and orcish tongue, allowing him to speak each as well as he does Common. Unique to his ring, the fourth language slot is filled with musical scales, allowing him to read music.
won off a fellow bard in a drunken wager.

Notable Spells:
Battle Hymn: An  song to raise the spirits of companions, spurring them on to fight harder and longer. Depending on the song chosen from his songbook, the hymn can have varying effects.
Dreadful Dirge: A mournful song whose piercing notes can shatter the will of those who hear it, leaving them weakened.
Ghostly whisper: With a little concentration, Galen can disguise and throw his voice, making it appear to come from elsewhere.
Sonic Scream: Galen's voice being his weapon, he can let out a disorienting shriek. Doing so makes him unable to sing for a small period of time before and after the scream.
Vocal Alteration: a spell that changes the characteristics of a target's voice. Galen usually uses it on himself.
Ons/Offs:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=60533

King Serperior

I like the idea of a Bard who has a drinking problem and isn't perhaps the most reliable with his money.  I have a few questions about him though:

- Half-Elf:  Nothing serious, but what kind of Elf is in his blood?  Image looks somewhat like a Drow.
- Role:  From what I can tell, he doesn't seem to have a primary fighting role, so a 'Bardbarian' seems a little much.  Being a bard and nothing more would be more than okay as everyone has something they are good at.  Not every character has to be combat oriented, after all.
- Ring of Eloquence:  I'm simply wondering just what this ring is, it's power(s) if you will.
- Journal:  Sounds quite interesting indeed.  Hopefully it won't fall into the wrong hands if it tells who he owes money to!
- Spells:  This one's the big one.  The way I see it, Bards have a subtle magic that is both weaker and stronger than the average spellcaster.  A bard is the kind of person who has an innate magic that only manifests through song, dance, and music because the bard in question is putting their heart and soul into it.  Not all bards can cast such spells, but there are some who can and others who do it better.
- Spell Notes:  In the case of bards needing song, dance, and music to use their spellwork, I just want to make sure that is kept in mind.  Because the magic is vocal, I feel that many bardic magics should have an area-of-effect based on who hears it.  So, the Sonic Scream might hurt allies while the Dreadful Dirge could somewhat affect anyone who is within hearing range.
- O/Os:  You might want to fix the link a little.

Other than that, do you have any questions?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Gateman

Quote from: King Serperior on March 19, 2017, 03:00:26 PM
I like the idea of a Bard who has a drinking problem and isn't perhaps the most reliable with his money.  I have a few questions about him though:

- Half-Elf:  Nothing serious, but what kind of Elf is in his blood?  Image looks somewhat like a Drow.
- Role:  From what I can tell, he doesn't seem to have a primary fighting role, so a 'Bardbarian' seems a little much.  Being a bard and nothing more would be more than okay as everyone has something they are good at.  Not every character has to be combat oriented, after all.
- Ring of Eloquence:  I'm simply wondering just what this ring is, it's power(s) if you will.
- Journal:  Sounds quite interesting indeed.  Hopefully it won't fall into the wrong hands if it tells who he owes money to!
- Spells:  This one's the big one.  The way I see it, Bards have a subtle magic that is both weaker and stronger than the average spellcaster.  A bard is the kind of person who has an innate magic that only manifests through song, dance, and music because the bard in question is putting their heart and soul into it.  Not all bards can cast such spells, but there are some who can and others who do it better.
- Spell Notes:  In the case of bards needing song, dance, and music to use their spellwork, I just want to make sure that is kept in mind.  Because the magic is vocal, I feel that many bardic magics should have an area-of-effect based on who hears it.  So, the Sonic Scream might hurt allies while the Dreadful Dirge could somewhat affect anyone who is within hearing range.
- O/Os:  You might want to fix the link a little.

Other than that, do you have any questions?

Oh, no problem. Please note that, since my laptop is wanting to be a bit uncooperative, I'm typing this on my phone, so i apologize for any spelling or grammar errors that might come up.

- As per his heritage, I hadn't really thought about it. I kinda like the idea of him not knowing his lineage, like your tiefling, but as for OOC business, I'd say make him half drow.

- I originally planned to make him essentially a reskin of a dwarven skald (which i didn't realize is a bad combo until after I'd made him), but as I created him, he came out as more of a bard than a skald. I'll be reclassing him as a bard when i can get online.

- I got the ring of elouence from pathfinder, and according to paizo, it allows the wearer to read and speak the languages of the four alphabets inscribed on the ring, and gives bonuses to diplomacy checks. Since you've got that hatred of dwarves, I swapped out dwarven for infernal. I can change that if needed.

- I couldn't really describe it without sounding really wordy, but the journal actually serves four primary functions for Galen. It tells him who he owes money, who owes him money, what towns he is currently banned from and when said ban expires (think of it like the prison sentence in skyrim), and what bars in each town have the best booze for the best price.

- as for the spells, nothing listed can really be counted as magic, I don't think, so it's less a list of spells and more a description of skills he can use. I thought about giving him a pair of clubs for a percussion element to his songs, but thought it might not fit. I figured since the  songs are vocal they might have a deleritous effect on his allies (which should make for interesting scenes at some point, if he forgets to tell his allies to cover their ears). It's also why I added the caveat that the sonic scream kinda short circuits his singing for a few minutes; I know on the rare occasions I have to scream at the top of my lungs, I'm not exactly able to talk clearly afterward.

I'll make sure to fix the o/o when i get online. Sorry, I'm still a little new to the link system that Elliquy uses.

King Serperior

Quote from: Gateman on March 19, 2017, 03:54:26 PM
Oh, no problem. Please note that, since my laptop is wanting to be a bit uncooperative, I'm typing this on my phone, so i apologize for any spelling or grammar errors that might come up.
Not a problem at all.   I know full well the issues of using a phone to post something.
- As per his heritage, I hadn't really thought about it. I kinda like the idea of him not knowing his lineage, like your tiefling, but as for OOC business, I'd say make him half drow.
Well, for the most part, Half-Elves are easily seen as being such.  It's more subtle traits that can reveal their Elven heritage:  1).  High Elf heritage shows itself in surprisingly fair features, even among elves;  2).  Drow heritage shows itself usually in either eye-color, sensitivity to light, or hair color;  3).  Wood Elf heritage is harder to spot, but often manifests in green eyes and a slight preference for the outdoors.

That said, it would be fine if they didn't know their heritage and only knew that he was a half-elf.  In regards to my Tiefling, most Tieflings don't know their demonic parent unless they go looking for them, which my character could care less about.
- I originally planned to make him essentially a reskin of a dwarven skald (which i didn't realize is a bad combo until after I'd made him), but as I created him, he came out as more of a bard than a skald. I'll be reclassing him as a bard when i can get online.
Not to worry at all.  After all, any systems this might be based from is done so extremely loosely.
- I got the ring of elouence from pathfinder, and according to paizo, it allows the wearer to read and speak the languages of the four alphabets inscribed on the ring, and gives bonuses to diplomacy checks. Since you've got that hatred of dwarves, I swapped out dwarven for infernal. I can change that if needed.
As this isn't a system, this 'bonus' to 'diplomacy checks' won't really factor in.  However, I think a ring that allows him to read and speak the four native would be very useful and very valuable.  I would like to point out that there isn't really an 'Infernal language' in that sense, so Dwarven language would be more fitting.  I don't get where you are coming from with Dwarven Hatred.  Rather, the Dwarves just dislike dealing with Elves and Orcs, but can come to respect one that actually earns it.

That said, that ring would be a valuable enchanted item, so if a spellcaster or someone who knows about such rings discovers it, it would be a good thing in their minds to steal and sell off.   >:)
- I couldn't really describe it without sounding really wordy, but the journal actually serves four primary functions for Galen. It tells him who he owes money, who owes him money, what towns he is currently banned from and when said ban expires (think of it like the prison sentence in skyrim), and what bars in each town have the best booze for the best price.
Alright, that works in my opinion.  Makes me wonder how many bans he has from the various taverns and towns....
- as for the spells, nothing listed can really be counted as magic, I don't think, so it's less a list of spells and more a description of skills he can use. I thought about giving him a pair of clubs for a percussion element to his songs, but thought it might not fit. I figured since the  songs are vocal they might have a deleritous effect on his allies (which should make for interesting scenes at some point, if he forgets to tell his allies to cover their ears). It's also why I added the caveat that the sonic scream kinda short circuits his singing for a few minutes; I know on the rare occasions I have to scream at the top of my lungs, I'm not exactly able to talk clearly afterward.
That is why I said that Bards don't technically have magic in the same sense as most mages since their internal magic comes to form through their songs and music.  That said, the more vocal abilities certainly would have positive and negative impacts depending on what is used and who can hear them. 

In regards to these clubs, I would say to add in what sort of instrument he uses as every good bard has some kind of musical device.  If he uses drums, some sort of clubs could be used, but I don't think a 'one man band' is feasible.
I'll make sure to fix the o/o when i get online. Sorry, I'm still a little new to the link system that Elliquy uses.
Not to worry at all.  Just fix it up when you are able.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Gateman

as far as the heritage goes, I just meant I wanted him to be a little fuzzy on which type of elf his father was, not that he's unaware of the fact he's a half elf. I think I might need that ring to figure out what I wanna say >.<

I figured the diplomacy checks wouldn't be a thing, but figured a magic ring that lets them speak multiple languages and always know what to say might come in handy for a boisterous loudmouth. I'll switch to dwarven though. As for the dwarven hatred, though, I seem to have gotten this RP mixed up with another one I was reading last night. In my defense, I was half asleep when I started browsing last night. Gods help the mage who tries to pry it off his finger though...

I'll be adding back in the clubs to his item list, and make a note somewhere that he will summon drums during battle, either as a song, spell scroll, or whatever. Be sure to take a look and make sure everything's sorted

King Serperior

Ah, okay, that makes sense.  He can simply not know what kind of Elf his blood comes from.

That's a good point, of course and don't worry.  Being half-asleep can make anyone mix up something or another.  Though, the ring is still a useful enchanted item and one that could fetch a good price if someone is bold enough.  That said, such a ring would be useful for a Bard who wants to pretend to be naturally fluent in one or more native tongues.

Rather than summon a drum, he could carry one strapped to his back and keep drumstick-like clubs in his belt or whatnot.  It would make more sense for a Bard to carry their musical instrument with them, would it not?  Besides, the drum could double as a carrying container when not used for its real purpose.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Gateman

Quote from: King Serperior on March 19, 2017, 10:41:10 PM
Ah, okay, that makes sense.  He can simply not know what kind of Elf his blood comes from.

That's a good point, of course and don't worry.  Being half-asleep can make anyone mix up something or another.  Though, the ring is still a useful enchanted item and one that could fetch a good price if someone is bold enough.  That said, such a ring would be useful for a Bard who wants to pretend to be naturally fluent in one or more native tongues.

Rather than summon a drum, he could carry one strapped to his back and keep drumstick-like clubs in his belt or whatnot.  It would make more sense for a Bard to carry their musical instrument with them, would it not?  Besides, the drum could double as a carrying container when not used for its real purpose.

Hmm, a backpack that is actually a drum. I like it! Anything else need to be changed before I do the (hopefully) final edit?

King Serperior

Quote from: Gateman on March 19, 2017, 10:59:45 PM
Hmm, a backpack that is actually a drum. I like it! Anything else need to be changed before I do the (hopefully) final edit?
Of course, to use it, one would likely have to dump the contents to get the sound right, but it makes for a good usage!  But that in it of itself would make for good writing!

As for other changes, I don't have anything of note beyond what I pointed out previously.  Make what edits you feel like making and just post here that you're done.  I'll go back and take a look at the more spruced up sheet.

Again, if you have any questions at all, please don't be afraid to ask!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Gateman

So, I believe that everything is in order now, so I shall be a little presumptive and add this:

If I missed anything, please let me know

Supias

Quote from: King Serperior on March 18, 2017, 09:46:31 PM
Ah, a Drow!  I was wondering if there would be one submitted here.

At an initial glance, everything looks good.  I do have a few questions to be clarified, but they aren't serious ones:

- Thread's End:  Is he still a full member working on his own time and in occasional contact with them?  Or has he left them, but still has at least a single contact there?  Of course, as an assassin, there may be some parties who may have a bounty against him.
- Gift of Lolth:  Rather than some immunity, perhaps it is an immunity to all spider venom....and perhaps a weakness to Drider venom in case he tries to betray her?  It might be something the spider goddess would do.
- Spider Familiar:  You mentioned a familiar spider and I was wondering if he has one?  Or would any spider do?  If the former, is it a large spider or a smaller one that is somewhere on his person?
- Light Bend:  Perhaps 'Deepen Shadows' would be more appropriate by the description?

Beyond that, I think he looks good!

I just got off my typical double Sunday so I'm hoping to make some sense in my reply.  The Drow were so popular a few years back, I hated to use them just for the ire of popularity.  I think some of that has subsided. 

As far as Threads End, he will still be in some contact with them, an odd job if asked from certain friends in need of his particular flare, but he is mostly separated from them now.   Bounties might make things all the more interesting.  I'm curious to see what he would do with that.

Immunity to all spider venom would be nice but probably too nice for Lolth. You're right, she would make sure there was a check in place particularly for someone like him.  Perhaps he's already felt it.  I imagine at one point in his young and idealized years he might have been allowed to ride a Drider mount, but his fall from grace would have left him feeling betrayed.  No, better to keep him still susceptible to Drider venom.

When I thought of this I suspected he was always somewhat aware of where in the room a few spiders were crawling.  Any of these little creatures would be useful sets of eyes to crawl under door ways or creep within beds.    Of course I say this now and I'm expecting I'm going to have to do a bit of research on what kinds of spiders are common and useful varieties for his needs.  *sighs*  The answer in short is no, he has no specific pet, but he may very well find one that might be carried a long for a while. "Harry" might be one. Who knows.

Deepen shadows sounds perfect.  I was about to borrow/steal the one about unnatural darkness, but I don't know enough here for sharesies yet.

Chulanowa

Supias

Quote from: Gateman on March 19, 2017, 11:35:21 PM

Right, Chulanowa?   Can we please just have this as an Old man Gus Furbottom, the crazy old drunk that lives in the pub? I think he needs to be there in our minds if nothing else.  It just warms the place just thinking about it.   You kind of want to just sit around a while and see what else the ol' fellow does.

Gateman

Quote from: Supias on March 20, 2017, 12:41:44 AM
Right, Chulanowa?   Can we please just have this as an Old man Gus Furbottom, the crazy old drunk that lives in the pub? I think he needs to be there in our minds if nothing else.  It just warms the place just thinking about it.   You kind of want to just sit around a while and see what else the ol' fellow does.

If I get accepted, I will ensure we have an Old Gus type in any bar we hit.

King Serperior

Quote from: Supias on March 19, 2017, 11:52:10 PM
As far as Threads End, he will still be in some contact with them, an odd job if asked from certain friends in need of his particular flare, but he is mostly separated from them now.   Bounties might make things all the more interesting.  I'm curious to see what he would do with that.
That's perfectly alright.  I can see a semi-retired assassin occasionally keeping an ear out, but otherwise not really a part of them anymore.  As for people collecting bounties, that is always something to think of.
Immunity to all spider venom would be nice but probably too nice for Lolth. You're right, she would make sure there was a check in place particularly for someone like him.  Perhaps he's already felt it.  I imagine at one point in his young and idealized years he might have been allowed to ride a Drider mount, but his fall from grace would have left him feeling betrayed.  No, better to keep him still susceptible to Drider venom.
I have high doubt that a Drider would let anyone ride them like a common beast, seeing as they are a monstrous mix of Drow and Spider.  That said, Drider and spider venom are vastly different with that of Driders being far more potent due to magical qualities.  So, he could be immune to normal spider venom, but even a gift like that could be taken away if Lolth were to deem him a problem to be extinguished.
When I thought of this I suspected he was always somewhat aware of where in the room a few spiders were crawling.  Any of these little creatures would be useful sets of eyes to crawl under door ways or creep within beds.    Of course I say this now and I'm expecting I'm going to have to do a bit of research on what kinds of spiders are common and useful varieties for his needs.  *sighs*  The answer in short is no, he has no specific pet, but he may very well find one that might be carried a long for a while. "Harry" might be one. Who knows.
There's no need to do research on spiders and no need to have a familiar.  It was but a simple question after all.  Still, if that is the case of him being able to see through their eyes, I would assume he would need to be in at least some meditative trance, no?  As for sensing the spiders, I can see that being something in the back of his mind.
Deepen shadows sounds perfect.  I was about to borrow/steal the one about unnatural darkness, but I don't know enough here for sharesies yet.
What is this about unnatural darkness?

Other than that, I think your character is approved!

Quote from: Gateman on March 19, 2017, 11:35:21 PM
If I missed anything, please let me know
Okay, I just took a look and there's a couple of things I'd like to point out:

Character Format:  Would you mind fixing the format to what I have set it as?  It keeps things more uniform and nicer to look at.  Thanks!
Ring of Eloquence:  When I was reading the description, it appeared to cut off as follows;
The ring is a very valuable mystical item, though to the untrained eye, it appears to be a simple silver band. One of many, Galen's particular ring has been inscribed with the letters of the elven, dwarven, and orcish tongue, allowing him to speak each as well as he does Common. Unique to his ring, the fourth language slot is filled with musical scales, allowing him to read music. When it came to
Might I ask what it came to?

That's really about it for the time being.

With that, the following characters have been accepted:

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Geeklet

What ever happened to the Half Orc? did she withdraw, and I missed it?

Vlexia

Quote from: Geeklet on March 20, 2017, 12:23:12 PM

No. He just never approved me.

King Serperior

Quote from: Geeklet on March 20, 2017, 12:23:12 PM
I don't know if she did or not.  There were a few small details of the character sheet that needed some addressing such as a link to O/Os thread and less of what feels like a focus on system-based abilities such as 'power swings' and 'blocking.'

Quote from: Vlexia on March 20, 2017, 12:26:13 PM
No. He just never approved me.
There weren't a lot of issues, but there were some small things I'd pointed out to get it finished.  My apologies if it seemed like I'd overlooked anything.  I didn't mean it to come across like that.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Gateman

I actually don't know where that "when it came to" came from o.o I cut it and put the whole thing back to your format, I believe.

Supias

Quote from: King Serperior on March 20, 2017, 12:21:37 PM
I have high doubt that a Drider would let anyone ride them like a common beast, seeing as they are a monstrous mix of Drow and Spider.  That said, Drider and spider venom are vastly different with that of Driders being far more potent due to magical qualities.  So, he could be immune to normal spider venom, but even a gift like that could be taken away if Lolth were to deem him a problem to be extinguished.

I was thinking of Spider Mounts, thanks for clarifying though.  I think we are on the same page with the poison.  Yes, he would need to be in a kind of trance to see with the spider eyes, but be more like an awareness at the back of his thought process for where spiders are. 

It was nothing important about the darkness.  "Deepen shadows"  Is what I'll go with.

King Serperior

Quote from: Gateman on March 20, 2017, 01:26:35 PM
I actually don't know where that "when it came to" came from o.o I cut it and put the whole thing back to your format, I believe.
Alright, everything looks good now.  Thanks for changing it back to the original format.

Quote from: Supias on March 20, 2017, 11:29:02 PM
I was thinking of Spider Mounts, thanks for clarifying though.  I think we are on the same page with the poison.  Yes, he would need to be in a kind of trance to see with the spider eyes, but be more like an awareness at the back of his thought process for where spiders are. 

It was nothing important about the darkness.  "Deepen shadows"  Is what I'll go with.
I'm unsure about spider mounts, but Drider are reasonably intelligent spellcasters who are Lolth's elite troops and guards.  One Drider would be equal to at least 10 Drow warriors since their power comes directly from the spider goddess herself.

Anyway, Supias and Gateman, if that's all the questions you two have, then your characters will be accepted.  It seems that all there is left is one spot.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Gateman

Can't wait for this to start. I'm looking forward to playing a drunk, cross dressing jackass

Chulanowa

King Serperior

Quote from: Gateman on March 22, 2017, 01:36:13 AM
Can't wait for this to start. I'm looking forward to playing a drunk, cross dressing jackass
And that alone will will give him a few strange looks.

Quote from: Chulanowa on March 22, 2017, 06:15:50 AM
I've got ideas, to be worked on on hte morning!
If that's the case, I look forward to what you might come up with.  Please, if you have any questions at all, do ask!  Do you happen to have an idea for a character?

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Gateman

Quote from: King Serperior on March 22, 2017, 11:41:30 AM
And that alone will will give him a few strange looks.

Say what you will, but it can come in handy when we need a distraction.

Geeklet

Even if it distracts your party members with with wanting to jump their bones?

Supias

Distractions are handy for others to swoop in from behind. 

Gateman

Quote from: Geeklet on March 22, 2017, 05:16:27 PM
Even if it distracts your party members with with wanting to jump their bones?

I never said he'd be against that, mind.

Quote from: Supias on March 22, 2017, 05:46:29 PM
Distractions are handy for others to swoop in from behind. 

Exactly, whenever we have to break in somewhere, I get dolled up, use the one spell he knows, and becomes the kind of distraction only a (seemingly) drunk female can be to a group of  brigands/guards. Then, while I've got their attention, you guys break in.

Supias

The question is, do we then rescue said drunk from the brigands or let them come back on their own time?

Gateman

Now what kind of hooligan would I be if I couldn't get myself out of my own shenanigans?

King Serperior

I'm going to give this until Monday before I set everything up and close down recruitment.  Sorry for making everyone wait.  This last week has been hectic and busy for me, so I haven't had much time to get everything done.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

Gateman

Supias

I'm not concerned either.  Take the time you need.

King Serperior

Okay, I have made the OOC Thread and the Character Thread.  Please post your characters and drop into the OOC if you have had your characters accepted.

I'm currently got the IC thread being planned, but it is not yet written.  Come Monday, we're closing recruitment and going to ready ourselves for adventure!

I hope you will enjoy the Chronicles of the Forgotten!

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace

King Serperior

As promised, today is the day the recruitment closes.  Completed and accepted characters may be posted the the aforementioned character thread and players may post in the OOC (both linked above).  The IC will start as soon as I get it written up.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace