Crimson Fortune - Recruiting Thread

Started by Esoteric Myobi, October 29, 2009, 11:39:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sinera

I would like a little more clarification on the "mixed." What form do they take, or can they switch from form to form? I was thinking perhaps having human form, but the slightly lessened powers of a myth, or the form of a myth without the powers?

I *really* want to play head of the mixed house, but want to  make sure I have it straight in my head first. :)
O/O | A/A | My Intro | Fairytale Requests
Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Krysia

Name: Tai Xia
Apparent Age: 19 years old
Race: Byakko (Japanese) or Xī Fāng Bái Hǔ (Chinese)
Household: Myth
Position: Adviser of the Myths

Weapons/Abilities:
Serpents Sword – One handed Long sword always carried in human form.
Dual Iron Fan – Folded and carried in human form.
The Dragons Tail – Carried on her hip in human form, also known in the western world as the bull whip.
Jiulong Baguazhang weapon styles include: Double Edge Sword (Used with Serpent Sword), Bagua Iron Fan (Used with Iron Fans).
Human abilities: Teleportation, Extra Strength, Cat Reflexes, Primal Intuition
Natural Form abilities: (Same as Human), Withering Rake: Claw attack causes aging on victim by +10 years, Scent of the Enemy: Can track anything as long as the scent is there to go by, Light: Aura of light surrounds Tai’s tiger form and can be activated on command, Skin of Steel: Reduces damage taken by 10.
Most powerful in the autumn months.
Human Skills: Playing the Lute and bamboo flute. As well as excellent scribing abilities and near perfect calligraphy skills.

Orientation: Straight

Appearance
: True Form & Human Form

Personality: Cold and calculating most of the times, but at the same time is extremely curious about learning the human world around her. Comes off as strange, weird, and mysterious, but will always give advice to her lord and lady. Can be found lots of times sitting on the western side of the castles playing one of her 2 instruments.

Biography: “During the Han Dynasty, people believed the tiger to be the king of all beasts. Legend had it that when a tiger reached 500 years old, its tail would turn white. In this way, the white tiger became a kind of mythological creature. It was said that the white tiger would only appear when the emperor ruled with absolute virtue, or if there was peace throughout the world. Because the color white of the Chinese five elements also represents the west, the white tiger thus became a mythological guardian of the west.” (Wikipedia entry on the White Tiger of the West)

Tai Xia is the first born child to the house of Byakko. Her father was the reigning Byakko of her kind. For the last 500 years until her tail had gone completely white she had learned the ways of her family. Recently allowed to wander into the Human realms and learn from them as well with out their knowing. Tai has taken her place as chief advisor to the current Lord and Lady of the Myths.

Esoteric Myobi

Quote from: sinera on November 02, 2009, 01:22:25 AM
I would like a little more clarification on the "mixed." What form do they take, or can they switch from form to form? I was thinking perhaps having human form, but the slightly lessened powers of a myth, or the form of a myth without the powers?

I *really* want to play head of the mixed house, but want to  make sure I have it straight in my head first. :)

Sorry for the late reply Sinera. I tend to respond to PMs faster. ^^;

Anyway. The mixed are generally more humanoid and tend to stay in human form nearly all the time. They don't feel the need to have to revert to their 'true' forms, being comfortable walking around as a human.

Of course, from time to time they can change to their 'true' forms, which would be whatever mythological creature they come from. Compared to the Myths they pale in comparison.

Since they're half human they don't possess the 100% power that the Myths do. So technically, I guess the answer is that they'll be walking around in human form (keep in mind that whenever in human form your powers are lessened than they are in 'true' form) and are generally weaker than the Myths.

Hope this answers your questions. =)

...I want to be your wet dream, your daydream, your only distraction...
~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

sinera

Apparently some people don't read my O/O before adding me on MSN/Y! - so I'll say it here: IF YOU DON'T TELL ME YOU'RE FROM E, I WILL NOT ACCEPT BUDDY REQUESTS. Please read my O/O before PMing me with ideas, thanks.
Best IRC cybersex come-on line EVER: "I see you're an erotica writer...So, do you ever do any realtime collaborations?"

Esoteric Myobi

Krysia, your character is accepted. The only thing I want to point out is your abilities. Just wanted to say that we're not playing any system based game, but a free form. So I don't think we'll be needing abilities to contain stats such as those. ^^; Everyone will hopefully be able to cooperate well enough that when a fighting scene does occur they'll be able to play it out nicely =) And yes, people may end up dying in battle ;o

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~
Status: Currently have my hands full running Bump in the Night. Always recruiting~!

Krysia

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on November 02, 2009, 01:39:38 AM
Krysia, your character is accepted. The only thing I want to point out is your abilities. Just wanted to say that we're not playing any system based game, but a free form. So I don't think we'll be needing abilities to contain stats such as those. ^^; Everyone will hopefully be able to cooperate well enough that when a fighting scene does occur they'll be able to play it out nicely =) And yes, people may end up dying in battle ;o

Wasn't sure how anything was handled so I just put those in for logistics. :) I'd say the aging thing was ok gives you a general idea of what the claw does and I can just say that the Skin of Steel reduces damage.

Esoteric Myobi

I have tweaked the first post slightly once again.

Dark Deception, I'm liking how your character profile is looking so clean and organized now. =)

If anyone knows anyone else who would be interested in playing feel free to invite them as we are still recruiting ^^

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Cassiopeia

Name:Kyla Talise

25, looks about 18 (clearly young for an immortal)

Race:
half human, half mermaid

Household:
Mixed

Position:
Handmaiden

Weapons:
katars

Abilities:
Due to her half-mermaid heritage Kyla is extremely formidable in battle.  She is more agile and flexible than a human, her strength is also increased.  When in battle, or sometimes when angered, her pure aquamarine eyes will turn to black, her nails will extend to sharp claw and her teeth will become longer, sharper and pointed.  She is also able to see clearly in the dark and under the water, even when not in her true form.

Orientation: Straight for the most part

Appearance: About 5'7 in human form, her body has a fluidity about it.  Kyla's skin is fair ivory but has an iridescent shimmer to it in the light.  Her eyes are like glittering aquamarine jewels, with no blacks/pupils.
                     mermaid form pic 1
                     mermaid form pic 2
                     (for human form just add legs ^_^)
                     eyes (her eyes are exactly like the picture except she has no visible pupil)

Personality:
Kyla is a bit rebellious and impulsive, being that she's still a young mermaid. She chafes a slightly under the male hierarchy due to the fact that mermaids are by nature matriarchal and use males mostly as food and breeding stock. She has an independent spirit but a kind heart and does her best to keep her predatory instincts and blood lusts in check. Her mind is calculating during battle and she relies much on her killer instinct when the situation calls for it.

Biography:
Kyla's mother was a legendarily beautiful and blood thirsty mermaid. One night she had a poor soul in her clutches, a young man. But suddenly out of the shadows another young man came forth, brave and caring. He offered his life as sacrifice to the mermaid to save his friend. So surprised by this gesture she did in fact let her victim go free. She did not take the the brave young man's life but asked him to return the next night, and then the night after that. Soon the heartless mermaid realized that she had fallen in love, not only that but the fascinating man had fallen in love with her as well. When the moon was full she used it's power to come onto land and marry the man. Not very long after she gave birth to Kyla. But mermaids by nature are heartless creatures and the more time the mermaid spent in the cold waters of the ocean the colder her soul became. Once it was clear that Kyla could maintain her legs on the land at will, due to her half human heritage, her mother left her in the care of her father. She swam off and was never seen again. Kyla was only two at the time.

For the most part her father kept her away from the water, fearing that one day she, like her mother, would grow cold and leave him. Being without the water though made her sad and, at times, resentful of the father who loved her so dearly. Growing up she was willful and independent, much like her mermaid half. She disliked taking orders from anyone especially her father, a male. When she was 16 he died do to his own shortcomings, she felt. Kyla soon discovered that without his shielding her she was not accepted very well in human society.

Eventually a representative of the Mixed House came across her, struggling to live on the streets of a human town where people both feared and hated her. They took her in and, in spite of her willful and rebellious nature, enrolled her as a candidate for a position as lady in waiting. There were a few instances where she was nearly removed from the program due to her "bad attitude" but the Lady of the Mixed House didn't wish to see the girl turned out on the street so she asked that Kyla be allowed to stay. Knowing that for once SOMEONE had confidence in her Kyla began to straighten up and fought harder against her natural tendencies. She excelled, especially in fighting and assassination training, and eventually rose to top the of her class, earning the coveted position as the Head Wife's lady in waiting.

Insight

Name: Demogag
Race: Half Dragon (Shenlong, the rain dragon), Half Human
Household: Mixed
Position: Mixed Captain
Weapons/Abilities: The mixed race is a race that knows, out of necessity, how to fight. While he tends to carry two large knives in addition to a katana on his back, he will change that as necessary. If it’s pointy or moves really fast, chances are he can hurt someone with it.
Orientation: Straight.
Appearance: (True Form):As a dragon, there was no question to outsiders as to why he became their military leader. His large scaly body and tail (Over fifteen feet in length) tend  to be complimented by solid steel armor coating his entire form.

(Human form): As a human, he just isn’t that big a guy. Coming in at a solid five foot ten, he is the epitome of the hardened marine. Solid abs and pecs with cropped brown hair. His face is perpetually terse, never quite forgetting battles from ages ago.

Personality: Demogag is a pragmatist. Whatever it takes to get the job done –that is, avoiding a full scale war between the humans and the myths- is what he’ll do. While he is honorable to a fault, don’t put it past him to play dirty if that’s what it takes to win. Demogag is a leader, pure and simple.

Biography: Demogag doesn’t talk about his past. Just over one hundred years ago, he showed up at the doorstep of the house he currently resides in. Wordlessly, they examined him and let him in. They knew he was the child of a male dragon and a human female. He told them nothing, they asked for nothing more. Since then, he has distinguished himself time and time again in battle, elevating him to his current position.
"I doubt, therefore I think, therefore I am"

My Desires: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=159468.0

On and Off Thread

Esoteric Myobi

Cassi, accepted.

Bradten, I'm sorry but we're a bit more in the feudal era, or even 'ancient' times of Asia so your assault rifle will have to go.

Also, I'm not sure if the Homeless Dragon was made up so that it fits with your character's background story but I'd prefer if you chose one of the dragons listed on the two sites that are linked in the first post. There are a variety of different kinds that you can choose from, all except the Celestial Dragon. =) After you've chosen one it shouldn't be too hard to integrate that into your current profile.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Kunoichi

sinera

Character resigned.

Esoteric Myobi

Sinera, accepted. Only thing that would need a bit of a change is that yes, Wives are usually arranged marriages, but Mistresses tend to have been chosen personally. Though of course, that doesn't mean you have to have any sort of special attachment to her =) She just caught your fancy and is nice to have around =P

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

NotoriusBEN

I would be interested in playing.

I'll have a character built up tomorrow, work was brutal today. I notice that you have Japanese/Chinese characters as the mainstay, but I am curious about gaijin characters being allowed. I'd think it would be a given that they would be pretty low on the totem pole for Rankings. (Like, he may be LUCKY to be a captain, and that's as high as he will ever get.)

If you do not want gaijin, no big. Just thought I'd ask.

Esoteric Myobi

Well, first of all, thanks for taking interest!

Secondly, I think I mentioned somewhere in my intro post that I would consider allowing mythological creatures from other regions (that is assuming that you were asking about mythological creatures). You would just have to tell me beforehand what you had in mind and we can talk it over.

However, if you meant a human foreigner, then that would be something quite interesting. As long as you have a story that will be able to back up your character and the reason why they're here, etc, then I don't mind at all.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

sinera

If I'm correct in what I've been told, a gaijin is a light-skinned foreigner, a kokojin is a dark-skinned foreigner, yes?

Kunoichi

sinera

Esoteric Myobi

Lolx, well whichever skin color he chooses...still a foreigner in the end. =)

-Is liking the twists and turns that could entail-

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Tsunami

Name:  Tendo Senou
Race: Mixed (child of seiryu  and a human)
Household : Mixed
Position: Commander of the Mixed
Weapons/Abilities:
Water Control: The potent ability to control small amounts of water around him. Increasing the water or decreasing it in a given space, as well as freezing it and thawing it
Healing:  The ability to heal minor wounds with a touch or major wounds with much more effort.( when combining healing and water control truly fantastic miracles can happen )

Superhuman grace: Gifted with the power and grace of his dragon father, he moves with untold balance, flexibility and grace.
Complete Mastery of Heaven Blade Style: Mastery of a combative style of martial arts that uses the sword.
Blade of the Dragon: Sword given to him by his father, said to be unbreakable

Appearance: (Human)  Senou stands out not by his average size, but by his innocent face. Even though harden by battle he carries a gentle smile upon his face at all times.  His joyful face is attractive and almost infectious as those around him can’t help but smile in return.   His hair is normally always kept in what could be perceived as a bun at the top of his head with a jade spike going through it . He often wears lose clothing of various shades of blue which makes it hard to determined his body size other then height . (Transformed ) His Size increases  to just about 6’6, his flawless skin takes on a baby blue tint  and small reflective scales start to develop along his flesh (mainly around the temples neck and shoulders.). As his hair lengthens  and turns a bluish color .

Personality: Fun loving and free, thought to have never taken any situation  seriously even the most dire of situations.  Most people who know him respect him for his ability to be able to handle any situation even though he doesn’t take it seriously.

Background:  Senou was a rare child, born completely into the world of humans to widow. The origins of his father was lost to him,  but he grew  none the less shunned by the humans around him.  The young child was highly gifted in various ways, excelling in everything he tried  which only seemed to exile him more .  By his 10 year of life he found himself changing displaying unique skills no one could have imagined, and it was then his father showed himself and explained everything to him and took him from his mortal life and showed him how to use his fathers and soon saw his son leave to grant his power to the Mixed household

To boldly go where no one wants too!!!!

Esoteric Myobi

TaoTsu, accepted. Just wanted to point out that in the appearance section of your profile you used the name Junpei instead of Senou. ^^;

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

Krysia

Quote from: Esoteric Myobi on November 03, 2009, 10:21:14 AM
TaoTsu, accepted. Just wanted to point out that in the appearance section of your profile you used the name Junpei instead of Senou. ^^;

He does that from time to time. :) He probably had several ideas going at once and forgot to fix it. I'll smack him when I see him on MSN!

Esoteric Myobi

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~

LilyPetalLips

Name: Ayame

Household: Human

Position: Lady of the House

Weapons/Abilities: As a human, she has no magical abilities, so I'm just going to list her personal strengths.

• Haggling - Lady Ayame is a shrewd bargainer.
  • Poetry - She is a poet of moderate skill -- nothing legendary, but enough that her writings are held in a regard not solely due to her position.
  • Sais - She is dangerous with her sais, a skill that her father, former Captain of the Humans, taught her since he did not want her to be entirely defenseless.

Orientation:  If asked, straight; however, she and her handmaiden have an almost sexually close relationship...

Appearance: http://heise.deviantart.com/art/maple-girl-19475986

Personality:  In public, Ayame maintains a very cool, almost detached facade.  She is kind to those of a lesser station in the way that one is kind to a pet, has eyes only for her Lord, and stands staunchly against any compromise with the Myth, creatures she despises.  In private, however, Ayame is passionate and outspoken, sometimes so emotional that she is prone to express it physically -- whether through pacing up and down stairs, striking someone, or making love.  She has no problem with the Lord having a physical relationship with his Mistress, since it gives her more time with her Lover, but she believes that those relationships are ones that should be acknowledged in private only.  Hence, she is infuriated if the Mistress appears in public, if the Lord mentions the Mistress to her, and especially if someone else says anything about the Mistress (so basically, Ayame considers the Mistress to be a person of no worth and importance who should never, ever be a part of Ayame's life).  She holds some bitterness and jealousy over being unable to perform magic or shapeshift.

Biography: Ayame is the daughter of the former Captain of the Humans.  She grew up privileged and in noble company, and it came as no surprise when she married the Lord of the Humans.  The human representative killed at the meeting was her cousin (hot-headedness runs in their family) and hence she is privately urging her husband to launch a full-scale war on the House of Myth.

My thoughts: I left age blank, since I assume her age will be somewhat related to that of the Lord?  Ideally I'd like her to be no younger than her mid-20s.  Also, I didn't give her a surname and I'll let the Lord choose that, as I'm kind of completely clueless when it comes to Asian cultures and so if the player of the Lord wants to make their surname something symbolic, I'm totally fine with that.

Esoteric Myobi

LilyPetalLips, accepted. Perfect I might add.

You seem to have completely grasped the idea I had in mind for the Humans. =) Looking forward to see Ayame in action.

~O/O~A/A~Ideas~Cafe~