News:

Main Menu

Video Games?

Started by FlaminGlory, May 18, 2009, 04:06:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlaminGlory

I was thinking about getting some new video games for my game systems and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what to get.

My Game systems are:
Wii
Nintendo DS
PSP
Playstation 2

Defiance

Hmm... I spent two years working at EB Games and was just recently offered a spot back. So, I'll gladly offer ya some advice.

But... I have no idea what you like, or what you've already played, or what you're looking for.

Let me know! :D

FlaminGlory

I pretty much play anything had I have a lot of games to many to remember. My newest system is Wii and I don't have a lot of games for PSP, so any games you suggest will be fine.

Defiance

Ohh!

The PSP's got a number of really neat titles.

I tend to gravitate away from general "shoot stuff" kinda games. Not because I don't love shooting stuff, but because there are so many games on the PSP that bring something more than just "shoot stuff" to the table.

If you haven't already, look into Patapon and Patapon 2. Music oriented, strategy based, wonderfully delivered.

Crush is another great one for that. Greatly delivered puzzle game, with an awesome soundtrack.

Puzzle Quest is also great. I think they recently did a Puzzle Quest in space.

If you like RPGs, Valkyrie Profile is pretty good. So is Star Ocean. If you like the turn based kind, Jeanne D'arc was very good. Historical setting in that one too. Umm... Final Fantasy Tactics is a staple. Disgaea is also a very very very very awesome game.

Other general do-not-miss-these games, in no particular order; Daxter, Crisis Core, Metal Gear Portable Ops, Wipeout Pure, Burnout Legends, Tekken, and... hmm... Oh! Hah, Lumines. It will be very hard to find, and if you walk into a store asking for it, the person there might think you're trying a very very old way to hack your PSP. But the game itself is very good.

Tsenta

Psi Ops (I think it's for the PS2) is an interesting quickie. Worth a rent, not too sure if it's worth buying though.  If you like RPG games then there's the .hack series for PS2, awesome series I own the entire series and never get tired of it.
There ain't no rest for the wicked.

[Sic Semper Tyrannis - "Thus always to tyrants"] - Marcus Junius Brutus The Younger.

Defiance

I haven't touched on the Wii, cause a lot of the titles are hit and miss. You generally either have to play them, or know someone that has.

Still, anything first party (Nintendo developed, so Zelda, Mario, Metroid, etc) is generally very good. Special mention for Metroid. I -love- Metroid Prime 3. Very sleek and sexy game. And playing Samus in the first person was just freakin cool.

BazNevermore

I have an archaic PS2 that we just picked up Pirates of the Caribbean: The Legend of Jack Sparrow and Kingdoms Hearts for. I know they are older games sorta but we haven't used it much since my wife and I play the Ragnarok Online MMORPG mostly on our PC's or I play other PC games like Dawn of War, Age of Empires and Sid Meier's Pirates on my own.
I tried the Pirates of the Caribbean Game out and it was fun but other than jack Sparrow the voice acting was pathetic from the other characters and the game play is a bit confusing when it comes to hints and such. Haven't tried Kingdom Hearts yet as I am waiting for my wife to join me for that.

Defiance, you worked at an EB? we may have met sometime in the past then.

"Shinigami eat apples"

FlaminGlory

Thank you guys for all of your suggestions.

Defiance

Quote from: BazNevermore on May 18, 2009, 09:08:29 PM
Defiance, you worked at an EB? we may have met sometime in the past then.

Si senor! Worked at the one in Ajax from Oct 06, till May 08. My manager is why I stayed, because he's an amazing person. They transferred him to the Oshawa Centre, and he just recently asked me to come back. So I'll be at the OC soon!

Raj

I've recently been playing Persona 3 and 4 for the PS2, great games.  For PSP, I have most of the ones Def listed, Disgaea and Prinny: Can I Really Be A Hero? are my latest favorites.  For the DS, I love the old Final Fantasy ports and the Phoenix Wright series.  For Wii, Fitness is a LOT of fun.  Zelda is great, and cheap since it's an older title.  I hear Punch Out is great, too.