AD&D 1st Edition: The Kingdom of Iron Campaign [Exotic- NC]

Started by RubySlippers, January 27, 2015, 08:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubySlippers

Its the time after the ocean drank Atlantis and the rise of the Time of Men,
magic is afoot and fantastic creatures walk the lands of the Earth,
the old races slowly lessen as dwarves retreat to their mountains and elves retreat,
in this time adventurers and those with bold heart create legendry.

Yes you read that right AD&D 1st Edition using the Unearthed Arcana, standard 4d6 dropping the low dice character creation and no evil alignments and CN would be iffy although well rogues will be rogues. I do have TN alignment since its pretty common among none adventuring humans.

I can use three to five players and you must know each other.

Togashi

Oh this could be fun, but I must admit I know next to nothing about 1st edition, so someone would need to help me out if I was going to play. But beyond that I could do it with you.

rikka

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 27, 2015, 08:35:51 PM

I can use three to five players and you must know each other.

The players or the characters?

Also will comeliness be used here?
Whatever the outcome, it's on you.

Ons/Offs

RubySlippers

Players, and yes I like Comeliness but will be rolled separately after the other dice rolls are assigned.

Togashi

Blinkin, I found this, since you said you didn't know where to get them

Player's Handbook: <snip>

Unearthed Arcana: <snip>

Hope it helps.

~Please do not link to illegal pdfs/copyrighted material (Staff)

DarknessBorne

I'm in for this drive down Memory Lane.  Bookmarking, character concept to follow.
Currently OPEN to new RPs.

Muse

I'm more into secnod edtion, but I'd like to play too. 

I usualy favor spellcasters, but if others have that covered, I may look into a barbarian gal.
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

RubySlippers

Okay some background details.

1. The Pantheons used and both have followers is the Finnish and Greek Pantheons the later newer cults. Among monsters the Cthulue Mythos and Demons/Devils are most common except specific species. Humans can worship also the non-deity cults the Druids can opt to worship nature or a nature deity (Finnish) and the Dead Cult (a neutral cult worshipping a dozen very mighty Liches who combined hold the power of a Lesser Deity. The last is the State Cult of the Iron Kingdoms since each of the dozen cities has a Lich Temple and Tower with their own Lich-god.

2. Monks get 1d6 as a base hit dice instead of 1d4. And they get a special item Monk's Bracers they count as a Medium Shield if worn as a pair, and can be magical. They cost 10 gp.

3. Each player will get one magic item, a barbarian will get an item later on at 4th Level well more find one by fate since they don't like magic items and I choose the item.

4. Magic-Users start with Cantrips, Read Magic, Armor, one other defensive spell, two offensive spells and one miscellaneous spell. They also get bonus spells using the Wisdom chart but using Intelligence instead. Illusionists get access to Armor as a class spell and get similar benefits.

5. There are bards just like the rules, if you want to be one you must work for it, but must switch classes at 5th level.

6. Last thing, I'm using proficiencies including the non-combat ones, I will suggest some based on your background concept.

Muse

Oh!  The armor spell does exist in first editon then?  Nice. 

So, now I have three concepts that interest me: 
Amazon (Barbarian girl.) 
Cleric of Athena
Elven fighter/mage (maybe bladesinger style.) 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Togashi

I'm torn between...

Paladin
Elf Ranger
and now a Monk.

Also are we just starting off at level 1?

RubySlippers

Note 1st Edition have ability score rules for various classes and you must qualify for the class, so you should roll and then decide.

On the plus side there are ways to role-play most concepts like Amazons are a culture in my game and many classes are covered some more respected than others the only fast rule is the character must be female, social class is determined by class, fighter then clerics (divine agents so enough said) and magic-users (they practice a rare craft) then other sorts. Barbarians are oddly rare since Amazon culture honors the right kinds of magic use, clerics serve their deities so is good magic and their magic-users often bring much to the table they can end a fight with a well placed spell and with clerics craft magic for them.

If you can't make Paladin but can be a Cavalier then be a Cavalier who wanted to be a Paladin but fell short, but strive to be good and look up to them and if you fail that a fighter who tried hard.

Togashi

So how are we deciding the stats? By that I mean I haven't been on here in a very, very long time. How do we do the dice rolling?

Edit: I am an idiot... the dice bot. Should we be sending them to you or..?

rikka

Will comeliness be 3d6, after the first 6 ability scores have been rolled, or will it be 4d6?

Ons/Offs

RubySlippers

Quote from: rikka on January 28, 2015, 11:32:03 PM
Will comeliness be 3d6, after the first 6 ability scores have been rolled, or will it be 4d6?

4d6 placing them dropping the lowest die and re-roll 1's (one time only) placing them where you want for six ability scores then Comeliness separately. Or you can assign these ability scores: 9, 12, 12, 15, 16 and 18 and roll for Comeliness as noted. Racial modifiers not included.

Items getting I will give you all one Legacy item: a +1 magic weapon, +1 armor up to chain mail, for elves a standard suit of elven chain mail, for barbarians at 4th level a legacy item from the gods and goddesses (think Conan when he found that sword in the cave) and for anyone one miscellaneous magic item (I choose).

Come on your adventurers so need to have suitable characters especially with only a few of you.

And you can roll for psionics but use them who knows who or what might take interest.  >:)

DarknessBorne

I have an archer in mind.  A huntress who was raised in a hardscrabble village, where prowess with the longbow could make the difference between eating and going hungry.  In 1E terms, a fighter.

What rules will you use for weapons specialization (if any)?

RubySlippers

UA you must be a fighter, ranger, cavalier or paladin and you can only double specialize in one handed melee weapons (this includes a bastard sword its consider both one or two handed). But you can opt to singe specialize in any weapon and double specialize within the rules.

If your not human and single class in a class you could multiclass in you can make the maximum level gained two higher, since your focusing on it.

A Ranger would be a good option.

rikka

Name: Lauriel Greenleaf
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Fighter/Magic-User

Stats

Str: 13  Int: 14  Wis: 12  AL: CG   hp: 8
Dex: 19  Con: 15  Cha: 9  Com: 15
AC: 0 (-6 elfin chain +1, -4 Dex)
Weapon Prof.: longbow, short bow, long sword, dagger, quarter staff
Non-weapon Prof.: alertness, bowyer/fletcher, foraging
Languages: elvish, gnome, halfling, goblin, hobgoblin, orcish, common
Special Abilities:
darkvision 60'
detect secret doors - 1 in 6 passing one 10'; 2 in 6 searching for one; 3 in 6 for concealed doors
+1 to hit bonus with all bows, long swords, or short swords
when alone, and not in metal armor, or when 90' away from a group not entire composed of elves or halflings, elves are silent in their movement and can surprise opponents 4 in 6 of a time.
Weapons: longbow (Dmg 1d6, Rng 7/14/21, ROF 2), dagger (Dmg 1d4, Rng 1/2/3, ROF 2)
Clothing: belt,  cloak, leather shorts, long soft boots, tunic
Spellbook: Cantrips, Read Magic, Armor, Protection from Evil, Magic Missile, Sleep, Identify
Spells per Level
1st: magic missile (x2), sleep

Description:Having a slight figure, Lauriel is as tall as a typical human female. She has platinum blonde hair which she forms into two knotted braids that frame her heart-shaped face along with elfin ears that are rather smallish for her race. Her pupils are surrounded by irises that sparkle like golden wheat field.

Background:
While the elves are in retreat, Lauriel is quite intrigued by the age of man and takes it upon herself to go out of the confines of her forested home and into an unknown world where adventure awaits her.

Considered a maverick among her people Lauriel has always wondered what the world outside the village and forest was like, earning her shaking heads from elders and ridicule from the young.  But this did not discourage her desire and determination to go and see the outside someday.

When the villagers could no longer tolerate Lauriel’s fervent insistent interest of things outside of their village, they asked the village elder to talk sense into her.  After much thought, the elder decreed the Lauriel be ‘banished’ from the village and not to return until she truly reflects on the errors of her notions regarding the world outside.  In other words the village elder granted the young elf’s fondest wish but at the same time he hopes she finds out for herself if what she greatly desires is what is cracked up to be.

Before she left, the elder gave her a going away present – an enchanted elven chain armor, which an heirloom to the village chief.  Many were surprised and appalled by this – a social misfit like Lauriel, being exiled, to receive such a prized gift. But the elder dismissed all the naysayers concerns, saying it is better for someone to use it than leave it locked up and kept indefinitely. Lauriel thanked the elder and was both happy and sad.  Happy because she’ll finally get to see a brave new world that she has always dreamed of; and sad that she has to leave the one place which is considered her only home since she was born, and will not be able to return to it for a long while.  Wiping her tears, she banishes her doubts and worries, and set out on brand new adventure!

Personality: Lauriel is rather shy especially towards those outside of her home village, but is curious enough in wanting to explore and experience new things, including meeting new people.  She can be naïve at times since her world view has only been limited to that of her village and home forest, due to that she is not afraid to ask questions to the point of being annoying.

Ons/Offs

RubySlippers

Okay your likely from the Great Northern Forest sharing your land with the mighty Northman barbarian humans and foresters who worship the Finnish gods and druids known for living with their land not against it. And you will start with an heirloom item a suit of Elven Chainmail +1 (can't sell or trade it or give it away without my okay) and you can wear it and cast spells.

The retreat is slower among your people who find the humans decent and your farthest from Atlantis whose lands are fallen to the Old Ones and demons and devils and foul things. Of course YOUR a-lot closer now.  ;D

DarknessBorne

And, as promised:

Name: Rebekah Jaerlon
Race: Human
Class: Ranger

Background: Rebekah grew up where life was tough, on the northern frontier where there was snow on the ground four months a year, and orcish and other raids from time to time.  One day, a few weeks after she turned 14, one such raid finally forced her and her people out of their homes.  She spent three years after that alternating between living off the land and being a sell-sword (well, "sell-bow" would probably be more accurate) to earn some silver now and then.  She stands 5'10" tall, with blonde hair tied back in two ponytails, blue eyes, and fair skin. 

Rebekah's preferred fighting style is the longbow.  When battle gets up close and personal, she has her father's +1 short-sword, as well as a pig-sticker of a long knife she won in a game of chance whilst working as a caravan guard. 

Rebekah has all the normal skills of a ranger (forest is her preferred milieu).  She has also learned climbing, negotiation, and bowyer and fletching skills.

RubySlippers

I choose the magic item properties its a Short Sword +1 that can store healing power for every 2 hit points done with the blade you store a point of healing by touch and can store up to 16 hit points. You can use up 8 hp to cure disease or poison if not magical or supernatural. The harm done must be to evil creatures or be in self-defense.

DarknessBorne

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 30, 2015, 01:18:12 PM
I choose the magic item properties its a Short Sword +1 that can store healing power for every 2 hit points done with the blade you store a point of healing by touch and can store up to 16 hit points. You can use up 8 hp to cure disease or poison if not magical or supernatural. The harm done must be to evil creatures or be in self-defense.

Excellent.  Finding out the history of that exotic item could well be spun into an adventure in its own right.   ;)  So shall I throw the (virtual) dice and write it all up?

RubySlippers

Go ahead with two characters I can run a game, so who wants to find an old one in single combat?  >:)

Just kidding for now. There is plenty of work in the Iron Kingdom as mercenaries and caravan or river barge guards.

rikka

Good! I'm really looking forward to this, it has potential, and for me I really find it very interesting.

So is it first level characters? Randomly rolled hit points?

Ons/Offs

RubySlippers

Invoking my amazing DM powers, to give everyone maximum hit points as per the rules.

DarknessBorne

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 30, 2015, 06:05:17 PM
Invoking my amazing DM powers, to give everyone maximum hit points as per the rules.

Good move.  Otherwise, the adventure could be cut short by a couple hungry mosquitoes...   ;D

rikka

Quote from: DarknessBorne on January 30, 2015, 06:13:21 PM
Good move.  Otherwise, the adventure could be cut short by a couple hungry mosquitoes...   ;D

That would be striges.  :P

Ons/Offs

Togashi

Given the stats you gave us, would it be possible to take maybe 1 or 2 points from one of those stats and move them around just a little bit? Like for example, drop one of the 12's to a 10, to increase the 9 to a 10 and the 15 to a 16? Something like that?

Finished

Name: Caelin "Lightning Hands" Alearion
Class: Thief
Sex: Male
Alignment: Neutral Good

HP: 7
AC: 4 : 8(Leather Armor) - 4(Dex)

Strength: 12
Dexterity: 18
Constitution: 15
Intelligence: 16
Wisdom: 9
Charisma: 12

Comeliness: 11

Skills(Including bonuses for Dex)
Pick Pocket: 40%
Open Locks: 40%
Find/Remove Trap: 25%
Move Silently: 25%
Hide in Shadows: 20%
Hear Noise: 10%
Wall Climb: 85%

Languages:
Common(Human)
Thieves' Cant(Class)
Neutral Good(Alignment)

(These below are subject to DM approval)
Dwarvish(High Intelligence)
Elvish(High Intelligence)
Halfling(High Intelligence)
Orcish(High Intelligence)
Lizardman(High Intelligence)

-Money-(Started with 120 Max possible)
G.P: 52
S.P: 4
C.P: 5

-Equipment-
Leather Armor(AC 8)
*Dagger x5(1d4, 1' Space Required, 2 Speed Factor, 0 AC adjustment)/Thrown (1d4, 2 Rate of Fire, 1/2/3 S/M/L range, -1 AC adjustment)
*Short Sword(1d6, 1' Space Required, 3 Speed Factor, 0 AC adjustment)
* = Proficient

Caelin's Mask - Protection from Gaze attacks. Casts Blur.

Leather Backpack
-50' Rope
-Water/Wine Skin
-Standard Rations 2 weeks
-5 Torches
Cloak
Soft Low Boots
Belt
-Large Pouch
--Thieves' Picks & Tools
-Large Pouch
--Empty
-Large Pouch
--Empty

Description: See Picture

Background: Known among his fellow thieves as a man looking for a good time, Caelin is notorious. If told by him, the name Lightning Hands would be for his ability to pick pockets, open lock, and defend himself expertly. But the people that know him say it's because of his womanizing ways. When confronted he tells of how he successfully pinched the butt of a duchess and got away with it. When confronted about the bodyguards she would have had, he waves it off and changes the subject. In truth he's told so many stories he's started to believe them. He has always been skilled with the tools of his trade, and the grope or caress of a beauty's body.

Growing up in a large city, Caelin was an orphan. He honed his skills, taking food from stands for himself and the other children he stayed with. Whenever he could, he would leave money, though often not enough to cover what he took. As he grew, he took it upon himself to provide for the children who grew up like he did, turning to thievery in order to do so. At the age of sixteen he joined the Thieves Guild, hoping that the jobs there would pay better than robing adventurers and merchants. Since then he's been looking for more work to bring in even more money on the side.

Personality: Caelin is often aloof, enjoying himself when he's not needed. Like any man in the age, he enjoys the sights of beauties in armor, of all kinds. But unlike some he's willing to risk a lot for a feel. But when the time for a job comes, and his mask comes on, he becomes a different person. Quiet, deadly, and extremely serious. Gone are the ways of womanizing, the distractions of the flesh. The only thing that remains is the job. And that means killing anyone between himself and his objective.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Togashi on January 30, 2015, 09:29:37 PM
Given the stats you gave us, would it be possible to take maybe 1 or 2 points from one of those stats and move them around just a little bit? Like for example, drop one of the 12's to a 10, to increase the 9 to a 10 and the 15 to a 16? Something like that?

to be finished

Name: Caelin "Lightning Hands" Alearion
Class: Thief
Sex: Male
Alignment: Neutral Good

Strength: 15
Dexterity: 18
Constitution: 12
Intelligence: 16
Wisdom: 9
Charisma: 12

Description:

Background:

Personality:

No but you might want to move the Strength for Con, for the added hit point. And you need to roll Comeliness when done.

Or risk rolling for everything and take your chances.

Togashi

Oh I fully intended to move them around. But I rolled comeliness. Not a terrible score for it.

DarknessBorne

Quote from: rikka on January 30, 2015, 09:06:23 PM
That would be striges.  :P

Good point.  I remember one of my first games, all the way back in middle school, featured that particularly nasty pest.  A newly found +1 shield helped my warrior avoid becoming an involuntary blood donor. :)

DarknessBorne

Meta-gaming question from a newbie here: is there any way to get the die roller to drop 1s automatically and re-roll them?  And to roll 6 sets of 4d6?  (I already figured out how to get it to drop the lowest die, woohoo!  :D )

Muse

*pops up* 

Sorry I'm late! 

As much as we could use a cleric, I think I'll put forth a barbarian girl: 

I'm thining one of these two images: 
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/c0/c4/4d/c0c44d35183a0cf748309d9df8df3abe.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/6f/e5/e2/6fe5e2d4ed74b10eac8b34b99aa1a337.jpg

Name: Alissara Ardo?
Class; Barbarian
Profession: Warror Nun
Details: Many Brides of the War God chose that path in life out of a desire to avoid the compny of men.  Many found neither love nor pleasure in a man's embrace.  Others had been scarred by rape or some other abuse.  Alissara--though she does delight in the embrace of her sisters--claims a true love and passion for the god she serves.  She believes taht when the battle is righetous, she can feel her beloved fighting at her side.  It is then that she breaks into song on the battlefield, trying to catch his eye and win his heart. 

Strength   15
Dexterity   18
Constitution   16
Intelligence   12
Wisdom   8
Charisma   12

Hit Points   16

Armor Class: Naked   2
Armor Class: Leather   0

Thac0      20

Weapon Proficiencies:
   Bow (Type?)
   Great Sword
   Hand Ax
   Knife
   Spear
   +1

Class Features: 
   Manaphobic: Extremely uncomfortable with wizards, items they make, and spells they cast, Alissara will eventualy learn that by force of personality alone she can overcome resitneces that would require magic for most to overcome. 
   Movement:   15'
   Climb Cliffs and Trees   
   Hide in Natural Surroundings
   Surpsie Oponts on a 3 in 6,. 4 in sex in famialr terain.  Only surprised 10%/5% of the tie. 
   Back Protection 5%
   Leaping and Striding. 
   DetectIllusions 5%
   Detect Magic 25%
   Leadership

Secondary Abilities: 
   Survival
   First Aid
   Outdoor Craft
   Tracking
Tertiary Abilities: ???

Muse

rikka

Quote from: Muse on January 31, 2015, 08:26:25 AM
If anyone has noticed, can barbarian's specialize?

No.  They cannot.

For Tertiary Abilities are going for a viking style culture?  If so, go for the Ice, Snow, Frost Barbarian model: horsemanship, running and rowed small craft

Ons/Offs

RubySlippers

I need to clarify I'm using the OLD books for AD&D 1st Edition not the reprinted versions. You won't use any magic and let it be used on you and you get more relaxed around it as you gain levels like at 2nd level clerics can use magic on you and at 7th level if you know a magic-user tend to tolerate their magic or they are known to be decent.

Barbarians tend to egalitarian in most areas but the Black Tribes, veils and harems.

For you your likely of the Great Northern Tribe you tertiary abilities would be Running, Animal Signals they are largely bowmen in dense forests and woods.

And no only Fighters and Rangers can specialize, you have loads of other abilities and can run around naked with an AC of 2. And bows are simple Longbows would be the main bow in fact your Tribe are masters of making the finest composite long bows among humans, composite short bows are secondary. The main melee weapon is the Bastard Sword with daggers and light blades as secondary.

I'll give you at 4th level a magical weapon in fact for fun your looking for it, Dracolatus, a sword your brother had when he left for the South a blade empowered by holy magic and you found out he fell in battle and its used by a foul Orc War Chiefton Palescar of the Rockfist Orcs. Likely using it not knowing its noble hands that held it in your family line.

Muse

*smiles*  Awesome, thakn you Ruby. 

Did I say something that confused the magic issue? 

Also, who is this pantheon's god fo war?

RubySlippers

No the sheet was noting they hate magic-user magic that is not true they will use items like Potions as early as Level 3 and at Level 4+ it gets better like if you find a Horn of Valhalla your damn well will use it at some point.

Oddly no war god at all besides Druids and Death Deities there is Ukko a LG Supreme God and Mielikki the NG nature goddess, among the barbarians. Among the new gods which are not all that common at all up in your lands there is Ares and Athena but they are more for the civilized peoples.

Good barbarians usually worship of male Ukko and if female Mielikki.

Togashi

Hey, Ruby, my character is finished. Let me know if I need to change anything.

RubySlippers

Leather armor is Thieves Skill neutral but not Studded Leather, if you don't mind the penalties let me know.

On another note if anyone reading this who is not in the game yet we need a cleric or a druid, at least a multiclass cleric half-elf, right now the group has no healing capabilities of note in the party other than one magic item.

DarknessBorne

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 31, 2015, 04:29:24 PM
Leather armor is Thieves Skill neutral but not Studded Leather, if you don't mind the penalties let me know.

On another note if anyone reading this who is not in the game yet we need a cleric or a druid, at least a multiclass cleric half-elf, right now the group has no healing capabilities of note in the party other than one magic item.

I'll "take one for the team" here and change my character concept to Cleric.  We doing specialty priests here?  That helps propel the character concept beyond "walking Band-Aid," if they get some special abilities related to the deity they serve...

rikka

Well, problem with turning undead aside, if no one is available as a cleric you could make potions of healing and keoghtom's ointments readily available.

Specialty priests are not available in this edition unless Ruby has something homebrew.

Ons/Offs

RubySlippers

No Specialty clerics in 1st Edition but Greek Deity clergy attach to one temple or holy site and have rivals in some cases with other deities. But if your a Half-elf you can multiclass the Cleric with another Class, I might suggest a Cleric/Fighter or Cleric/Ranger or Cleric/Fighter/Magic-User.

Frankly a Magic-User not in the group is no big deal but a cleric and thief are kind of bread and butter.

Oh and yes for the thief the Thief-Acrobat is allowed once you get to 5th Level.

DarknessBorne

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 31, 2015, 05:06:15 PM
No Specialty clerics in 1st Edition but Greek Deity clergy attach to one temple or holy site and have rivals in some cases with other deities. But if your a Half-elf you can multiclass the Cleric with another Class, I might suggest a Cleric/Fighter or Cleric/Ranger or Cleric/Fighter/Magic-User.

Frankly a Magic-User not in the group is no big deal but a cleric and thief are kind of bread and butter.

Oh and yes for the thief the Thief-Acrobat is allowed once you get to 5th Level.

Okay.  My biggest bone to pick with clerics as interpreted by 1E is that they're cookie-cutter--all the same whether they follow a deity of war, fertility, the moon, the sea, aardvarks, etc.  I suspect a priest of Ares would behave rather differently from a priest of Demeter, who in turn would not be the same as a priestess of Artemis.  Specialty priests add flavor and realism.

If that isn't an option, I suppose I can go for a Cleric/Ranger.  My character concept would be much the same, except that one day whilst wandering in the woods, she had a spiritual experience with the God(dess) of Nature/The Forest/The Hunt and decided to become a worshiper, which evolved into being a priestess.

RubySlippers

Role-play differences.  ;D

But remember your limited to Cleric weapons as a Cleric/Ranger I might suggest a Sling, and paired light one handed weapons and double specialize I do not require a dagger and hand-axe as the only off handed options if you opt to double specialize in a melee weapons you could use two horseman's maces, two clubs, two hammers in fact paired fighting clubs would be excellent.

A Druid/Ranger would offer more weapon options but armor options would be lower not sure if that is an ideal choice.

rikka

@Muse

You're going to have to role for Comeliness too. :P (4d6)

Ons/Offs

RubySlippers

Togashi

Quote from: RubySlippers on January 31, 2015, 04:29:24 PM

Went ahead and changed that.

Muse

Name: Alissara Ardo
Class; Barbarian
Faith: Meiliki
Motivation: Palescar of the Rocky Fist Orcs has slain my brother Morn and taken his blade.  I will avenge him and wield the blessed blade Dacolatus in his stead.

Strength   16
   Damage Adjustment +1, Carrying +350lbs, Open Doors 1-3, Bend Bars 10%)
Dexterity   18
   Reaction/Attacking Adjustment +3, Barbarian Defense Adjustment -8)
Constitution   15
   Hit Point Adjustment +2, Survive System Shock 91%, Survive Resurrection 94%
Intelligence   12

Wisdom   8

Charisma   12

Comeliness   14

Hit Points   14/14

Armor Class: Naked   2

Thac0      20
   Bastard Sword

Composite Longbow

Dagger

Hand Ax

Weapon Proficiencies:
   Bastard Sword
   Composite Longbow
   Composite Short Bow
   Dagger
   Hand Ax
   Spear

Class Features: 
   Back Protection 5%
   Climb Cliffs and Trees 95%
   Code of Conduct
   Detect Illusions 5%
   Detect Magic 25%
   Hide in Natural Surroundings 25%
   Leadership
   Leaping and Striding. 
   Movement:   15'
   Surprise Opponents on a 3 in 6,. 4 in sex in famialr terain.  Only surprised 10%/5% of the time. 
Secondary Abilities: 
   Survival
   First Aid
   Outdoor Craft
   Tracking
Tertiary Abilities:
   Animal Signals
   Running

Gear: 
   Clothing, skimpy, but with a warm, full cloak. 
   Fox fur quiver with a satchel full of survival tools and fletcher tools, along with a few extra bowstrings and an adze. 

Togashi

Muse

I didn't, honestly.  For all i know it's entirely inacurate.  I spent about 20 minutes digging through the book to see if I could confirm it. 

RubySlippers

Its in the DMG the book no player is allowed to view, according to the creator of DnD. Peasants.  :P

But that is right everyone's THAC0 is 20 at 1st level.

rikka

So do we players get to roll THACO, or will it be just the DM? Same thing with saving throws?

Ons/Offs

RubySlippers

I let you roll, once your all done I will note the relative saving throws etc.

DarknessBorne

So there's someone to keep y'all from just bleeding out all over the place after you've been sliced and diced, I've decided I'll just make my character a straight cleric.  More to follow.

RubySlippers

You will get some healing potions and the like in the game, but its usually a good idea to consider them finite assets in case either you need a lot of healing or the cleric is unavailable or eaten by a big monster and being digested.   >:)

rikka

Since your campaign seems well developed, will you give us a premise on how the characters met or know each other?  Or will you leave it for us players to come up with the connections?

Ons/Offs

Togashi

I just want to see what kind of magic stuff I get. So I can see where I stand. Buahaha.

RubySlippers

That is easy all of you so far could easily be from the Great Northern Forests either among the elves, barbarians, woods folk or one of the settlements along the coast or rivers popular with trade with those of the Forests. Its a big trade in furs, exotic woods, crafted items, sustainable farming, rare herbs and mushrooms and some panning of gold and mining among the hills and mountains. So you all could know each other. And mercenaries and adventurers from here are popular.

The only issue is your North of the fallen Atlantis and the old ones, demons, devils and such now left in the mess that is the former mightiest empire on the planet.

RubySlippers

Quote from: Togashi on February 02, 2015, 08:35:08 PM
I just want to see what kind of magic stuff I get. So I can see where I stand. Buahaha.

You have a magical Mask, it besides looking good, it protects from gaze attacks and it can cast a Blur effect on you upon command.

Togashi

Is that Blur once per day or an active ability of wearing it?

RubySlippers

Can be active but it is an illusion so has limits, and makes you look funny, but can help in a pinch.

Muse

*smiles* 

Do you see anything I still need to fix, Ruby? 

I didn't catch if there was a particular way you wanted to do equipment or not? 

RubySlippers

Maximum starting gold, and I will work on saving throws today my father is not feeling well so am kind of preoccupied, mom finally got him to go to the doctor he's so stubborn.

Muse

Meep!  *hugs*  Glad he went to the doctor. 

My father's getting old.  He fell a little while ago, and he's still kinda shaky. 

Anyways, I'll formalize the gold spending soon. 

DarknessBorne

I'm still interested.  Got sidetracked on a project this week, but will flesh out the cleric this weekend.