The Dragon Riders Of Pern

Started by Chrystal, July 04, 2010, 10:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrystal

So, while waiting for approval, I came across two others in the unapproved section who shared a common interest with me, namely the Dragon Riders of Pern books, by Anne McCaffrey.

I apologise in advance if there is already a Pern thread on the go here, and if there is would someone please point me to it as there are such a lot of RPs going it's almost impossible to search them all!

But anyway... If not, or if a new Pern thread would be appreciated, I'm thinking of starting one.

So, if you know the rank order of bronze, green, brown, blue and gold, if you know what roast wherrie tastes like, if you drink klah for breakfast, if you know what a watch wher is, if you know who the rightful holder of Ruatha is and why she hasn't taken up her mantle, if you hum Menolly's latest tune as you clear the green around you hold, then this RP is for you.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, then thanks for looking in and maybe we can RP somewhere else, some time...

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Jalyn

Well I guess you know IM IN! And SO excited.  Now to decide what character I want to play??
all I want is you
will you come to me?'

Chrystal

Yeppers... I think OOC threads are the order of the day here, but char info can probably be posted here for the time being...

I think something like:

Name:
sex:
If rider, Dragon's name:
If rider,  Dragon's colour:
Hold of Origin: (Or Wereborn)

I was thinking of setting the RP in Igen Were, in maybe the fifth or sixth pass.

Ideas appreciated...

I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

Jalyn

sounds great! all of it!
and Neryma was a junior goldrider.. still in Weyrling classes so I see no reason not to use her?
all I want is you
will you come to me?'

undisclosedtoyou

I'm glad that there will be a drop game coming up.  I had one up a while back, but it's not going anymore.  Good luck with yours though! 
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Chrystal

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on July 04, 2010, 10:45:40 PM
I'm glad that there will be a drop game coming up.  I had one up a while back, but it's not going anymore.  Good luck with yours though! 

Feel free to join. I was planning on it being a multi-player...

undisclosedtoyou

Maybe I will.  I was thinking about it, but I already have a few games going on right now.  If I have the time I'll definitely look into joining.
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

wretched

Oh yay! -grins- Your little green rider is reporting for duty. -laughs- I've never actually gotten to roleplay in a Pernese setting.

Name: Seyna
Sex: Female
If rider, Dragon's name: Charith
If rider,  Dragon's colour: Green
Hold of Origin: Keroon

Chrystal

Neither have I hun... I hate to say this, but I suspect we may need to have more than one character each... le sigh.

Name: Serrah
sex: F
If rider, Dragon's name: Harath
If rider,  Dragon's colour: Blue
Hold of Origin: Lemos

This is my main character.

If we don't get enough players I shall also have:

Name: T'Fan
sex: M
If rider, Dragon's name: Gorth
If rider,  Dragon's colour: Brown
Hold of Origin: Wereborn

My idea is to centre the RP around T'Fan's wing, both in action, at play and at rest. A fighting wing need to know each other well so the relationship between them needs to be strong...

Oh, and of course, any green dragons are totally at liberty to rise....

If anyone wants to be Wereleader or WereQueen, they are welcome to take those roles. I don't see much obvious interaction with them and I was thinking of having them as NPCs.

Jayln, you are welcome to use your wereling queen rider, but if you want in on the action I suggest you roll up a new character, brown, blue or green, or a young bronze. Remember, queens fight in the queen's wing!

wretched

We could do multiple characters, but maybe it would be easier if we were to simply have our main characters interacting with NPC's rather than trying to get into details with more than one? I know it would be for me, but others might be more up to handling multiple characters in a single storyline.

Daimon de Broken Hearted

Name: K' Sai
sex: M
If rider, Dragon's name: Taloskai
If rider,  Dragon's colour: Bronze

Heart Owned By None, It is a broken shell of what once was. Its Light died.

I have some things going on right now with health, I am sorry replies come slow.
Love is a circle of Trust and Caring, all into both becoming One, in Completion. This is like a Ring, or a Collar.
Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

Paladin

We tried a Pern Thread Game a while back and it died. I did save all the dragon and planet and stuff info from it though. Thought about doing one myself at some point. All the info is like at least 12 pages.

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: Paladin on July 05, 2010, 06:18:36 PM
We tried a Pern Thread Game a while back and it died. I did save all the dragon and planet and stuff info from it though. Thought about doing one myself at some point. All the info is like at least 12 pages.

Oh that reminds me, you all can use the old info thread I had up for the last DROP game on E!  Warning though, some of that info was changed or made up to fit in better with the dynamics of the game; but for the most part, it's correct.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Paladin

Quote from: undisclosedtoyou on July 05, 2010, 07:06:26 PM
Oh that reminds me, you all can use the old info thread I had up for the last DROP game on E!  Warning though, some of that info was changed or made up to fit in better with the dynamics of the game; but for the most part, it's correct.

I coppied it ALL. :D

Chrystal

Quote from: wretched on July 05, 2010, 05:55:24 PM
We could do multiple characters, but maybe it would be easier if we were to simply have our main characters interacting with NPC's rather than trying to get into details with more than one? I know it would be for me, but others might be more up to handling multiple characters in a single storyline.

Well, T'Fan is effectively going to be a NPC, I only put his stats there so that they are available.

Of course if anyone wants to take on the wing leader (Glances at Paladin), then they are welcome to do so.

Hi Daimon. Bronze huh? After your own wing, some day I hope or possibly even the Wereleader's chair?

And Paladin. Hi... I was planning on keeping this fairly small, just one wing. That way it stays manageable. Also, I kind-of want to limit it to people who are already familiar with the source material (which runs to a hell of a lot more than 12 pages...): In other words, McCaffrey fans. I was quite surprised to find two while going through approval, and so I'm confident there are more. It's just finding them! (Or getting them to find us!)

But that aside, are you in?

Oh, and does anyone know whether the relationship between two dragons and their riders counts as bestiality? *giggles*

Paladin

hehe I own every book. Yea I'm in. I see your looking at me to be wingleader? I can port my guy over fairly easy.

Chrystal

Quote from: Paladin on July 06, 2010, 08:04:50 AM
hehe I own every book. Yea I'm in. I see your looking at me to be wingleader? I can port my guy over fairly easy.

Only if you want to be, hun. For all I care you can be a gay green rider if that's what floats your boat. I just want enough people to make this happen. Preferably an even number of characters....

If you want to be wing leader, I'll demote T'Fan to Wing Second. He is a brown rider after all.

Paladin

wingleader it is then. but only since your offering. thank you milady.

Daimon de Broken Hearted

Quote from: Chrystal on July 06, 2010, 02:50:54 AM
Well, T'Fan is effectively going to be a NPC, I only put his stats there so that they are available.

Of course if anyone wants to take on the wing leader (Glances at Paladin), then they are welcome to do so.

Hi Daimon. Bronze huh? After your own wing, some day I hope or possibly even the Wereleader's chair?

And Paladin. Hi... I was planning on keeping this fairly small, just one wing. That way it stays manageable. Also, I kind-of want to limit it to people who are already familiar with the source material (which runs to a hell of a lot more than 12 pages...): In other words, McCaffrey fans. I was quite surprised to find two while going through approval, and so I'm confident there are more. It's just finding them! (Or getting them to find us!)

But that aside, are you in?

Oh, and does anyone know whether the relationship between two dragons and their riders counts as bestiality? *giggles*

Hello to you aswell, and yes, I am sure to aspire to lead my own wing. I am refreshing my pern lore and history. For i got more then a few of the series and read them back in highschool. One i really loved was the white Dragon. By way, are you thinking of adding the smaller Drakes as also Npcs?

Heart Owned By None, It is a broken shell of what once was. Its Light died.

I have some things going on right now with health, I am sorry replies come slow.
Love is a circle of Trust and Caring, all into both becoming One, in Completion. This is like a Ring, or a Collar.
Daimon's On's & Off's
Daimon's A/A

Chrystal

Quote from: Daimon de Broken Hearted on July 06, 2010, 08:34:38 PM
Hello to you aswell, and yes, I am sure to aspire to lead my own wing. I am refreshing my pern lore and history. For i got more then a few of the series and read them back in highschool. One i really loved was the white Dragon. By way, are you thinking of adding the smaller Drakes as also Npcs?

Um... Feel free to add any NPCs you wish. We have a whole Were of characters, including harpers, healers, cooks, A Head Woman, Were Leaders, Queen riders, Wereling Master, Beastmaster, Mastersmith, etc....

I'm going to open the IC thread on this. If anyone else wants to join, please feel free.

Please post character info here. Also, please keep OOC chatter to a minimum in the IC thread. That's what this one is for!

Chrystal

Andol

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG....... A Pern RP.... please let me join... I have a good charater ready to join in :)

Name:And'l
sex:Male
If rider, Dragon's name: Nelth
Hold of Origin: Wereborn

Paladin

Name: A'drew
sex: Male
Occupation: (dragon rider, harper, healer, etc...) Dragonrider Wingleader
If rider, Dragon's name: Zeranth
If rider,  Dragon's colour: Bronze
Hold of Origin: (Or Wereborn) Benden

Andol

Is there going to be firelizard ownership.... I want my charater to have a green one named Leaf :P

Chrystal

Quote from: Andol on July 07, 2010, 07:01:25 PM
Is there going to be firelizard ownership.... I want my charater to have a green one named Leaf :P

From my recollection of Moretta, Dragon Lady Of Pern, fire lizard impression had already died out. There was already doubt about how many crossings there had been and the Southern Continent was pretty much a land of myth. But you are welcome to ride a Green dragon called Leath! *snigger*

Oh, by the way, guys, I apologise for putting us in the Sixth Pass. I did so before checking the chronology. I'm afraid most of us are going to be dead from flu within about ten turns! *eyeroll*

Would those players wishing to join the RP who have not already done so please post rider and dragon (or other character) info?

Jalyn

Oh, I want in on the action! I'll bring in L'iam and Reth. and YAY!!! I am so excited about this!

Name: L'iam
sex: male
If rider, Dragon's name: Reth
If rider,  Dragon's colour:blue
Hold of Origin: Telgar
all I want is you
will you come to me?'

Chrystal

OKAY people.... Please be aware that the RP thread has been open for some time. Wretched and I have RPed a mating flight and Paladin is wanting to play with someone.

BUT NO-ONE ELSE HAS POSTED!

I did actually seriously consider having a one-on-one with Wretched for our mating flight RP, but I figured there might be other players wanting to at least try their hand at catching her green. Or if not that, then I expected you guys to be wandering into the lower caverns for breakfast by now. At the very least, all the commotion of a green dragon rising to mate should have woken you all up!

So come on, get posting!

Paladin

hmm and I need a someone to be a gold rider. Otherwise I am pretty much a third wheel in this RP. Comeon someone female seduce the Wing leader. LOL

Paladin

Jalyn

Name: Neryma
Sex: Female
If rider, Dragon's name: Lyzanth
If rider,  Dragon's colour: Gold
Hold of Origin: Igen Hold

If you post in the weyrling barracks I can reply...
all I want is you
will you come to me?'

Kaiser Maverick

Name: Ren
Sex: Male
If rider, Dragon's name:Hyperior

Chrystal

Sorry, Kaiser, but I can't allow this character as it stands.

Male dragon riders have an "honorific contraction" in their name, and the dragon's name is also wrong.

Plus, you obviously didn't know that green dragons are female and when two dragons mate so do their riders!

I'm sorry but in order to not spoil the enjoyment of the other players, I must regretfully ask you not to take part.

Kaiser Maverick

Jalyn

My appologies for recent absentism... Live got hectic, tryin to get it to calm down... should be soon though!  Ill be able to post friday or saturday for sure!
all I want is you
will you come to me?'

Chrystal

No problem... We seem to have lost Wretched... :'(

Andol

Hey Cyrstal... sorry i have not said anything for awhile. Where do you think I should put up my charater And'l...... i am not sure where would be good to start him. Oh and hopefully someone will have a cute greenrider to spare for him :P

Chrystal

Sorry, hun, but this RP has basically died a natural death....