MCU AVENGERS RPG

Started by VoluptuousVixen, January 03, 2018, 02:47:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mathim

Yep, get it while it's hot.

I'm still willing to do Banner if he's needed. I'd like to have played Black Bolt or one of the other Attilan-based Inhumans if they had made the actual movie and given it the budget it needed to not suck but they didn't. Lame.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

Bowen

I'm guessing if you can create your very own character which has nothing to do with cannon you can bring in a straight up character from the comics as long as the GM's haven't decided they are playing for the other team or something.

Mathim

Well the MCU is the only canon I'm intimately familiar with so I generally prefer to stick with that mythos.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

katgrimm

Vixen is going to be stoked!!
Muses welcome; currently in the thick of mastering my Hope Van Dyne-Pym, Natasha Romanov, Felicia Hardy, Lois Lane, Kara Zoe-El and Barbara Gordon.

Mathim

Quote from: katgrimm on January 05, 2018, 09:05:01 PM
Vixen is going to be stoked!!

About anything in particular or just that things seem to be shaping up nicely? In any case, I'm hoping for an OOC thread in the next day or so.

katgrimm

Just in general. It’s looking like ya shaping up wonderfully well. I just hope this activity prior to go live carries over.
Muses welcome; currently in the thick of mastering my Hope Van Dyne-Pym, Natasha Romanov, Felicia Hardy, Lois Lane, Kara Zoe-El and Barbara Gordon.

Mathim

I do remember quite a few years ago, right after the first Avengers film, myself and several others were part of an MCU-specific game and it lasted quite a while, and I think part of the success was the scope being limited to just that universe and not allowing for any original characters to throw monkey wrenches into the works. Hopefully this game follows the same pattern and lasts all the longer for it.

katgrimm

I’m actually not sure. I mean it’s nice to toss in some fresh blood on occasion. I was in a DC themed RP for a good four years. The only reason it fell apart was because the major players ended up getting consumed by real world things. That and two of our OCs were getting into pissing contests..

Oy vey.. those were fun though. I think Vixen has a plan for what she wants to do and I’m just happy to play Hope.

Mathim

I'm hoping one day either I or someone else will be able to get a decent Secret Wars based game going. But Infinity War is good enough.

keyotess

DESCRIPTION:  Scarlet Witch
Group Affiliation: Averngers
Height: 5'6"
Weight: never ask a lady her weight, but she is trim with a bit of nice muscle tone
Arch-Enemies: Hydra, Ultron, sorta/formally Tony Stark
Nickname: Little Witch, Weapon of Mass Destruction

Powers: 
Psionics: As a result of exposure to the cosmic energies from the Scepter, Wanda Maximoff acquired an array of psionic powers, which manifest in the form of reddish, glowing energy currents and mist-like shapes. Wanda's powers are described as "neuro-electric interface." When using her power, her irises sometimes glow a dark, reddish color, especially when using her mental abilities.

Psionic Energy Manipulation:
Maximoff can project energy blasts, waves and bolts projecting her own psionic and telekinetic energy, allowing her to push/pull or blow away her targets, potentially exerting enough force to destroy them. This energy manifests in any shape and form, outlining her telekinetic spheres of influence, as the energy is visible in a reddish color. When a target of hers is hit with her energy, she can use her telekinesis to inflict further damage.

Levitation: Maximoff can use this power to move herself through the air and simulate flight, in order to hover and safely float back to the ground. The use of this power manifests as a blast of psionic energy expelled from her hands onto the ground to propel herself up in the air. It operates more like a enhanced leap similarly to the Hulk, thanks to the force of gravity pushing her down.

Psionic Force-Field Generation: Maximoff can create a highly durable barrier of energy that she can shape and deform as she needs to. She can grab and break apart targets, to protect innocents from enemy fire, contain a target or to cover and deflect attacks from the enemies. The barrier could be broken through extreme brute force.

Telekinesis: Maximoff has the ability to mentally move, levitate and manipulate objects, also can affect and control molecules and particles allowing her to fully control matter and energy, as well as physical forces(such as kinetic energy, gravity, friction, pressure, vectors, etc).She started training this power by moving wooden blocks around while imprisoned in Wolfgang von Strucker's secret facility. She pulled them apart with her power, and suspended them in the air, removing all motion and gravity from the pieces. Maximoff has used this power to create a shield to protect innocents from enemy fire and stop an off-rail train. Her emotions are linked to her powers as she unleashed a wave of reddish energy that disintegrated attacking Ultron Sentries when she sensed Pietro's death and cried out. Her telekinesis allowed Wanda to stop an enemy soldier's gunfire and throw him away, to lift up and temporarily contain an exploding bomb, to hurl aside attackers, hurl entire cars, to extract and dissipate an enormous amount of gas. Wanda's telekinesis is even powerful enough to break through Vibranium.

Telepathy: Maximoff can read minds or mentally communicate and experience memories and thoughts of others or project her own thoughts through a neuro-electric interface that gives her telepathy. While she was using her hypnotic powers in conjunction with this power against others, she herself viewed her targets' memories. When using her power, her irises sometimes glow a dark reddish color, especially when she concentrate it on certain targets. She also used this ability to temporarily merge her consciousness with computers. Maximoff can also sense the minds and emotions of those around her.

Maximoff is able to deploy a form of mental manipulation, often as a type of illusory hypnosis, using the same neuro-electric interface that allows her telepathy. She can use this ability to cripple targets, forcing them to recall the darker events of their past and put them inside daydream-like visions of themselves and that can subdue them. When this ability is in use, Maximoff's reddish energy takes a more mist-like form, floating into the head of the victim in the form of neurons. The effects also distort the victim's iris coloration, causing them to shine a dark reddish color. This also allows her to control other people's actions, causing them to experience a form of sleep walking. Maximoff's mental power is strong enough to reverse the effects of other forms of mind control. She can also manipulate the memory, thoughts, actions, emotions, and senses of others at will, as well as to induce sleep or pain and create illusions without any difficulty.

Fear Manipulation: With her power to manipulate the mind, Maximoff often used it in order to elicit fear or emotional pain in a person in the form of nightmarish hallucinations that could stun and weaken even powerful individuals. These visions can depict things that a person fears, regrets, or general disturbances, though the nature of it is not up to Wanda. She does seem to be able to know what her victim is seeing and be inside the vision with them, seemingly invisible to them.
Skills:
Plays Guitar; mainly spanish guitar and gypsy music.
Survival: she knows how to survive with little to no steady job by finding side jobs in any city she is in, gypsy by nature
Bio:
Wanda Maximoff is a native of the Eastern European country of Sokovia who grew up with her twin brother, Pietro.  At the age of ten, while having dinner with her family, a mortar shell hit their apartment building, killing Maximoff's parents and trapping her and her brother. A second shell hit the apartment near them but did not go off; the Maximoff twins were left trapped for two days staring at the non exploding shell reading the name on it, Stark Industries.

This horrifically traumatic experience gave the twins a great hatred for America, especially Tony Stark and later, the Avengers. They often took part and led protests against the Avengers. They dedicated much of their lives to this hatred and began searching for ways to bring down the Avengers. This constant political activity put them on S.H.I.E.L.D. and HYDRA's radar.

In an effort to help purge their country of strife, the twins agreed to undergo experiments with the Scepter under the supervision of Wolfgang von Strucker's HYDRA cell, and achieved superpowers as a result, with Wanda attaining various abilities including telekinesis, telepathy, and energy manipulation. When HYDRA fell, the twins joined the robot Ultron to get their revenge on Tony Stark, but eventually switched sides and joined the Avengers when they discovered Ultron's true intentions. Although Pietro was killed during the ensuing Ultron Offensive, Wanda survived and became a member of the Avengers. During the Avengers Civil War, she sided with Captain America and after their defeat, Maximoff, Barton, Wilson and Lang were arrested and imprisoned in the Raft, where she was the only one outfitted with a shock collar and put in a straitjacket to prevent her from using her powers. Tony Stark visited the prison to find out where Rogers went and was disturbed to see Maximoff's condition.

Rogers eventually infiltrated the Raft and freed Maximoff, Clint Barton, Sam Wilson and Scott Lang from their imprisonment. Despite being wanted fugitives, Rogers told Stark that should he ever need their help, all he would have to do is ask.

Scarlet Witch's Social Web:
Iron Man:  Distrusted, made the bombs that killed family and incarcerated her in the Raft
Winter Soldier:  Captain America trusts him, so she will for now.
Falcon:  Friend, part of new family.
Black Widow:  friend, part of new family
Thor:  comrade in arms
Hawkeye: father figure
Captain America: father figure, part of new family
Ant-man: friend, part of new family
Ciera Baine/Retribution: acquaintance, possible good friend
By accepting what is and making the best use of every situation, life can be fulfilled without a constant demand for more. --Wen Tzu

In writing, a flaw is not the interesting part of a character.  What is interesting is how a person overcomes a flaw.  I want to read how a person overcomes a flaw, not how the flaw overcomes the person.

My story contribution: FemFour: superheroine, Futa, NC-H

On/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=335439.0

VoluptuousVixen

Anyone wanna take Iron Man as a second char?

Norsegod1839

If no one wants him I can take it

VoluptuousVixen

Mathim

I definitely wouldn't want to juggle 3 characters simultaneously so I don't blame you, LOL.

Val Arden

Hi, fresh meat here! :)

Well, as great Marvel fan I had to look into this topic so here I am.
So I have a question, I see it's Marvel Cinematic Universe but I would like to create character based on comic books, that is Agent Venom, but I know it's quite problematic...
Of course it can't be Flash Thompson (as he's already in this universe) and I can't have Spider Man as my childhood hero (I thought about Captain America here), but I'm not sure what the status quo of Venom is. In comic books there was quite important plot with Guardians of the Galaxy which I guess I can't use so I have to come up with other origin for that kind of character.

So here I am with two questions:
- can I create Agent Venom?
- can I use plot from Planet of the Symbiots or just create earlier version of Venom with his disadvantages?

SweetSerenade

Quote from: Mathim on January 05, 2018, 09:56:29 PM
I do remember quite a few years ago, right after the first Avengers film, myself and several others were part of an MCU-specific game and it lasted quite a while, and I think part of the success was the scope being limited to just that universe and not allowing for any original characters to throw monkey wrenches into the works. Hopefully this game follows the same pattern and lasts all the longer for it.

Actually the most successful Marvel game that I ever saw/took part in was a few years back, was based around both Canons and originals working in tandem. OCs themselves are not the issue, it's how the people running the game handle them. Some people play amazing Canons (I will always love Madmartigan's Loki) and some are really good as OCs. It's not so much the Ocs that are the issue, it's whether or not they are modulated properly. OCs can be amazing characters, just because a series has a long range of characters available, doesn't mean they meet the specific players interests in writing.

I was going to ask if OCs were ok, because i have one that I've played successfully in Marvel based games before, but if you are completely against Ocs... I can see myself out. xD

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

VoluptuousVixen

SweetSerenade feel free to submit youre OC and ValArden, you can have Agent Venom would you be considering the Eddie Brock version we are going to be getting in the upcoming movie played by Tom Hardy?

SweetSerenade

Quote from: VoluptuousVixen on January 07, 2018, 06:17:43 PM
SweetSerenade feel free to submit youre OC and ValArden, you can have Agent Venom would you be considering the Eddie Brock version we are going to be getting in the upcoming movie played by Tom Hardy?

I'll have to do some modifications to fit your profile format. <3 Do you want me to PM it to you for hashing out of details? I prefer having Gm on board for the OC - she's pretty heavy on the Celtic side of things. xD

Bakemono Shiki RP(Lovely Siggy Layout is thanks to Amaris)

Green Goo Theory

Quote from: SweetSerenade on January 07, 2018, 05:54:00 PM
Actually the most successful Marvel game that I ever saw/took part in was a few years back, was based around both Canons and originals working in tandem. OCs themselves are not the issue, it's how the people running the game handle them. Some people play amazing Canons (I will always love Madmartigan's Loki) and some are really good as OCs. It's not so much the Ocs that are the issue, it's whether or not they are modulated properly. OCs can be amazing characters, just because a series has a long range of characters available, doesn't mean they meet the specific players interests in writing.

I was going to ask if OCs were ok, because i have one that I've played successfully in Marvel based games before, but if you are completely against Ocs... I can see myself out. xD

I've seen it swing both ways.  Honestly, some of the people I ended up having the most problems with in groups like this were canon RPers and their attitude about it OOC.  I just don't think there's just one answer and it's a big machine with a lot of things that can malfunction.  I go both directions with who I play and I've enjoyed both canon and OC. 

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Quote from: EroticLiteracy on January 06, 2018, 06:39:44 PM
If no one wants him I can take it

I had actually expressed interest but if you're going that way I'm cool with it.  I hadn't even seen the stand alone Spiderman movie yet. There's quite a few characters I've been contemplating. 

On a slightly unrelated note I'm displeased with the fact that we'll probably never see Beta Ray Bill in the MCU thanks to the events of the latest Thor movie.

Coming soon...

Norsegod1839

Its up to you! He isn't my favorite so if you want to feel free!

Green Goo Theory

He generally is but for the moment my mood's kind of shifted.   Part of the apprehension, I think, is how new this Spiderman is.  Generally when I play the character I'm at college age+ and he's been at it for a few years.  It'd be new for me but not really a bad thing. 

Who would your first choice be?
Coming soon...

Mathim

Are there still any vital characters needed? I would think Black Panther is essential.

Norsegod1839

Ah no my first choice would be Spiderman I was saying I was going to take Tony Stark if no one else wanted him.

Peter Parker is my favorite literary character of all time so I will always choose him lol

katgrimm

From the sounds of it Tony

Mathim