Culture Shock: mixing modern day and fantasy world (still looking for players)

Started by Elf, December 05, 2010, 11:18:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlphaMale

This plot seems very intriguing. I will Participate if desired. My character will be rather lethal and otherworldly, distant with a cold exterior waiting to be broken to release a protective, compassionate male ruled by his need for dominance who’s only weakness is his fear of becoming dependant or affectionate with another. His past will unravel as the story proceeds. I think he ought to be of the fantasy world due to quite animal characteristics and is not quite human. Aeron is his name. Anything you wish changed or added, do feel free to point them out.
Currently no longer taking any more Roleplays or games as i am thoroughly overwhelmed already, many apologies.

If all else perished, and she remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and she were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger.

At your will,
AlphaMale

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=89215.0

Mercurial

Narianna

I think I will play the Zenythri as well, Elf, if that's alright. I'll just make her father a Lord of an area instead of "King." Sound good?

By the way, I swear I messaged women as well as men on that Players area... lol However, I'm really excited about those that have posted interest so far!

PeacethatPowerbrings

Sounds like fun. I'd probably be interested in playing a soldier from the town.
I am filled with recollections of lives I have not lived.

Elf

Quote from: Kate on December 07, 2010, 07:11:04 AM
How about a demoness who is a hermaphrodite who can perform rituals to change peoples bodies for perverted reasons.

These are rituals though - she can't cast things like fireballs.

A shot from a gun hurts her as much as it would others.
Kate, this sounds good. I see no problem with your char. As I see it though it probably only part demon and part mortal, most likely human. Maybe the result of a demon abducting a human male. Transforming him to female, raping and impregnating him/her. But these are just my thoughts. Feel free to choose your own background story.

Quote from: Narianna on December 07, 2010, 10:34:00 AM
Hi Kate!  :-)

I ended up being out much later than I'd planned and had to go to a surprise wedding on top of it. lol But I will see if I can drum up more interest now...

Thanks again, Naria. It looks like you did pretty good.

Quote from: MarcothTalos on December 07, 2010, 10:59:46 AM
Well it seems Narianna has recruited me for some odd reason, might I ask why and also perhaps what all is allowed on this group rp?

Welcome, MarcothTalos. Naria's reason are her own, to which I cannot say.

As to what is allowed, pretty much anything as long as characters are not all powerful and godlike. Characters must be mortal to some extent longevity is allowed, but dead is dead and they must at least somewhat vulnerable to standard attacks. As for play I will be putting it the extreme area so as not to limit anybody's imagination.

Quote from: insaneplots on December 07, 2010, 11:02:34 AM
This would be interesting I don't know if I would play a magic user from the fantasy world or a person from the town. I have plenty of experience playing magic users in an AD&D type setting. I presume listing known spells would be ideal though that would mean a fairly large list. The character I have in mind isn't some apprentice he's fairly well established. (even has a tower in the area.)

Welcome Insaneplots. I'm glad you are interested. Choose either or both it's up to you.

A detailed list of spells will not be needed.

As for the tower near by, I forgot to mention that the exchange is deep with in a very old, very dense, very enchanted forest. It is not near any settlements, or even roads. That does not mean that you could not have a tower near by, I just needed to clarify the situation.

Quote from: AlphaMale on December 07, 2010, 11:16:12 AM
This plot seems very intriguing. I will Participate if desired. My character will be rather lethal and otherworldly, distant with a cold exterior waiting to be broken to release a protective, compassionate male ruled by his need for dominance who’s only weakness is his fear of becoming dependant or affectionate with another. His past will unravel as the story proceeds. I think he ought to be of the fantasy world due to quite animal characteristics and is not quite human. Aeron is his name. Anything you wish changed or added, do feel free to point them out.

Welcome AlphaMale, and thanks for your interest. I see no problem with Aeron at this point.

Quote from: Mercurial on December 07, 2010, 11:16:59 AM
Interesting...

Thank you

Quote from: Narianna on December 07, 2010, 11:32:36 AM
I think I will play the Zenythri as well, Elf, if that's alright. I'll just make her father a Lord of an area instead of "King." Sound good?

By the way, I swear I messaged women as well as men on that Players area... lol However, I'm really excited about those that have posted interest so far!

That's great, Naria. I like that character. Lord or king makes no difference to me.

I believe you and really do appreciate everything you have done.  :-*

Quote from: PeacethatPowerbrings on December 07, 2010, 11:52:16 AM
Sounds like fun. I'd probably be interested in playing a soldier from the town.

Welcome PeacethatPowerbrings. Sounds good, my human character is also a soldier in the US Army home on leave when the exchange takes place.

Note to all

If you have been reading all the posts, I'm sure it is quite apparent that Naria and I have attempted this story before (actually twice) on different venues. This time it has already gotten far more interest then before and I thank you all for that. I am currently having some difficulty accessing my old files, but due to the interest shown so far I will post the OOC and main thread as soon as possible. Once they are up please post character bios in the OOC thread, then the fun can begin. Once they are up I will put a link to them here.

Narianna

Oooo! Maybe Insaneplots could have a tower in Briana's father's village/town or up on his estate. Maybe he could be Briana's father's magic advisor. Just some ideas.  :-)

P.S. My bios are already out and on the forefront. I have been just itching for that OOC! hehe

TheVillain

My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Ironwolf85

ever read the Ring of fire series might give you some ideas.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1632_series
and I've been wanting to bring in my Cleric Aubert
he was my first anthro and still my favotrite, and when I asked the Dm we came up with a great backstory. basicly leftover magic from this world shaking cataclysim caused a soon to be born warhorse to be given human features, when born given away to the orphanage, and eventually grew up to join the priesthood.
still he might not fit.
if not I might take a female character from the town. I liked a few ladies from the book and might remake them for this.
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Elf

I'm truly sorry, Naria. Maybe if all else fails I can access the old info on the old site.

I still agree with you, Villian. Hopefully more will appear.

Welcome, Ironwolf85. I have read 1633 but not the others yet. It has a lot to do with me coming up with this idea. Your character sounds interesting, although others seem to want more female characters. The choice is however yours and yours alone.

Narianna

Would you like me to find your old threads on the other site, E?

Ironwolf85

both maybe...
omg... I just had the image of Aubert only eighteen, and freshly graduated from a Theological collage being sent by the temple of pelor to investigate, the image of a meeting between him and a one of the girls in town...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.

Narianna

Mmmm... Bet that was a fun image, Ironwolf!

E, I've found both the OOC and actual RP threads on the old site, if you'd like them.

insaneplots

Quote from: Narianna on December 07, 2010, 01:32:46 PM
Oooo! Maybe Insaneplots could have a tower in Briana's father's village/town or up on his estate. Maybe he could be Briana's father's magic advisor. Just some ideas.  :-)

P.S. My bios are already out and on the forefront. I have been just itching for that OOC! hehe

That does sound like an idea I have read a number of books with spell ideas in them and have the towers make figured.

Zelith nafa'rin is a elven mage. he spent the last 300 years learning magic and honing his powers. He is often thought mad due to the occasional use of an unexpected spell to solve a problem Causing a dragon about to breath fire to break into laughter, greasing the top a a stair well as a band of orcs charge towards it.
He often wears dark blues and violets. Personal gear always worn an archmages robe though appearing to just be a finely crafted robe it offers his some protection combined with most of his other protective charms it is hard to deal him harm with normal weapons (he has never been shot at so a gun might not pierce but it would hurt like the dickens. on his belt are a number of pouches seemingly normal yet people have seen him digg up to his elbow in one. the pouches contains pockets that or folds in space that allow for far more gear to be stowed. His one notable weapon is a sword that at first glance would make any onlooker laugh until the little wooden sword hacked off a head. the toy has been magically hardened and sharpened to be finer than any steel blade.

Personality: odd. Zelith will call any human a child no matter how old they are.  He though does have a fondness for young human female their beauty intrigues him, and

Vergil1989

I got a message from one of you find people and I thought I'd throw my hat in.  I don't know anything about AD and D, but it sounds similar to DnD lol.  I don't know much about DnD either but fantasy in general I know quite well.  I'm looking forward to this, though I will say I am in a lot of RPs already, but most have slowed down to a crawl so I should be fairly active.  I can play either guys or gals, so whatever is needed more I'm open, just let me know.
Taker of the Oath of the Drake
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread
IMPORTANT UPDATE as of October 6th 2016 in A/A page

Ironwolf85

ADND  means Advanced Dungeons and Dragons.
and no insane plots the encounter did not involve sex, more of "hello there um... madam" him trying to keep his eyes off her breasts. "I'm here to learn about..."
her first response is "OH MAH GAWD IT'S A TALKIN HORSIE!" running right up to him and looking him over, tugging on his ears to find out if he's real...
it eventually might end up with them in bed togeather.
aubert's spell specializations are Edictic and Healing. Edictic being what me and my friends call holy spells like command, hold person, silence and other cleric spells like that that call on divine law.

lorcan

Well i best follow suit and atleast post the basic Idea of my character. Id like to play a Human noble paladin belonging to a knightly order dedicated to the ideals of Chivalary and pushing back against the encroaching moral corruption through out the lands.  Upon the death of his father he has taken control of the family fiefdom and  by the order of which he is of  uses the land to build a city Garrisson their dedicated to the lofty and honorable code  and these lands  if it would be just on the border of where the modern town crashes into this plane.

Ironwolf85

ever read the ROF....
a democratic modern town dropped in the middle of a bunch of fuding kingdoms... even magical ones. is going to make quite a sturr

Vergil1989

I'm torn between my elven cleric/sacred prostitute I've been using in my temple thread to my half drow/half light elf warrior and spellslinger who happens to be the daughter of Drizzt Do'Urden himself lol.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=85486.0  Absence and Apology...countdown to doom....so to speak.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=123720.msg5435844#msg5435844  Storyteller Cafe thread.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=186829.0  Solo thread request thread

Elf

OK OOC is up Culture Shock OOC
Story is now up Culture Shock

Naria, I found the old threads as well and will get the story up shortly, thank you anyway.

Insaneplots, it sounds very interesting I like it.

Quote from: Vergil1989 on December 07, 2010, 03:15:34 PM
I got a message from one of you find people and I thought I'd throw my hat in.  I don't know anything about AD and D, but it sounds similar to DnD lol.  I don't know much about DnD either but fantasy in general I know quite well.  I'm looking forward to this, though I will say I am in a lot of RPs already, but most have slowed down to a crawl so I should be fairly active.  I can play either guys or gals, so whatever is needed more I'm open, just let me know.

Welcome, Vergil. It basically just pure fantasy, so do not worry about not knowing ADnD. What you play is your choice, but there seem to be more male than female characters.

Lorcan, a paladin is fine if that is what you wish. Although I foresee many times he will be asked to run errands just so he will not be around to witness the activities of the other characters. This became SOP in many ADnD games in my past.

Ironwolf, as I said before, I have read 1633 only. The stir is part of what I think makes this storyline so interesting.

Quote from: Vergil1989 on December 07, 2010, 04:51:43 PM
I'm torn between my elven cleric/sacred prostitute I've been using in my temple thread to my half drow/half light elf warrior and spellslinger who happens to be the daughter of Drizzt Do'Urden himself lol.

Sorry, Vergil. I cannot help with that decision either characters sounds good to me.

Vergil1989

We seem to have a lot of characters already that heal in some fashion or another so I think I'll go with my Drow/Light elf gal lol.  She has a lot of the same qualities as her old man but she's her own person.  You'll see when I start in and provided this gets off the ground of course lol.

MarcothTalos

This looks like it is moving right along, let me know asap when it begins and you need my character!
What would the world be like without a friend like me?

My O/O: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=75208.msg3279774#msg3279774

Hit me up on discord anytime for brainstorming! I am willing to rp there if preferred. Username marcothtalos

lorcan

Thats fine with me I have no problem with that, I was planning on playing the more political side of things and  the side off assessing the new arrivals to judge wether they are good or evil and such.

Narianna

Drizzt! One of my favorite characters of all times!

Marcoth, I believe everyone is putting their character profile/bios in the OOC section that Elf has provided.

Ironwolf85

well I might touch off one or two things from the books, like when the town elects an emergency leader they vote against the high powered executive, and for a normal but well liked guy.

TheVillain

I confess, I'm considering bowing out to balance the gender ratio a bit.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.