D&D 5E: Waterborne Adventures

Started by eternaldarkness, June 02, 2015, 02:07:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eternaldarkness

Is there a GM out there willing to run a 5E game who will allow the additional Unearthed Arcana content? In particular, I'm interested in playing a mobile swashbuckling pirate adventurer using the Mariner style from this article: https://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/UA_Waterborne_v3.pdf

Who probably looks like this:

Most likely, he will not be the sharpest tool in the shed, or he'll be of average intelligence at best. He would be strong, nimble, adventurous and somewhat charismatic, so a female companion who is more intelligent would be great.

I'm open to either a solo or two-person game if I can find a GM and a lovely lady to get into trouble with him. Maybe an adventurous, treasure-hunting pirate crew? I'd love to explore a DM's world on a ship, raiding jungle islands and fleeing hostile natives. I even had an idea that my character might be a able to change genders under certain conditions.

For my partner, I would prefer playing opposite a female character, though the player could be male, and once a day posting is preferred. Here's some picture inspiration:

A potential GM should be willing to play more or less by the rules without houseruling major portions of the mechanical content and be willing to post once a day.

EvilBeast

That could be fun. I'd like to play, or even GM if one cannot be found.

eternaldarkness

It'd be awesome to find a GM for this. A ship makes for a highly mobile campaign that can change its focus easily and frequently, and makes it easy to bring in new characters or justify drop-outs leaving.

AndyZ

Eternaldarkness, I didn't even know about the Unearthed Arcana stuff until I saw this.  Thank you.

I don't think I'll attempt to run anything again for a while, but if someone is interested, I wouldn't mind joining in.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

eternaldarkness

Quote from: AndyZ on June 03, 2015, 10:10:14 PM
Eternaldarkness, I didn't even know about the Unearthed Arcana stuff until I saw this.  Thank you.

I don't think I'll attempt to run anything again for a while, but if someone is interested, I wouldn't mind joining in.

No problem Andy!

Still looking for a GM! I'd take this on as a swashbuckling solo or two-player game as well. I'd love to play the bodyguard of some princess on the run or a companion to a girl masquerading as a man to get on a ships crew! Could also be a prince or young boy! I don't mind playing alongside a male character either.

eternaldarkness

Still looking! Either pirates, privateers, or just some fantasy swashbuckling would be great. I have a vague idea for a zorro-esque character I'd love to play, though he's a fifth level or higher character, at a minimum.

Updated the first post with more detail and pictures.

eternaldarkness

Are there no D&D GM's out there willing to run some fun on the high seas? This would make a great group game with an ever-changing supporting cast as the characters travel from place to place on a ship.

Miroque

@Eternal : If you need your ship"mate" I might throw my treepoint hat on the frey.

eternaldarkness

Still looking! This would be a great idea for a duo; two players, maybe my character plus a runaway prince or princess? I'm willing to consider giving up on using the UA content if it will get more potential DM's, or even give up on a nautical adventure entirely.