F.A.T.A.L. (Extreme, GM/players needed)

Started by Hobbes1266, April 20, 2016, 03:41:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thorne

And be therefore doom- wait. No, that spell takes out /all the things/. Nevermind.
Writer of horrors, artist of mayhem.

Currently available, frequently lurking.
Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies
Ideas and inspirations: small groups

pcnovaes

is the game going already? is there a gm? i got curious after reading about how bad the system was. I mean, it can't possibly be THAT bad.

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: pcnovaes on April 27, 2016, 11:01:03 AM
is the game going already? is there a gm? i got curious after reading about how bad the system was. I mean, it can't possibly be THAT bad.

Yes. Yes it can be that bad.

We have no GM, or game right now, and are currently discussing the options for running a GM-less game if we cannot find a volunteer for that thankless job.

RavenBlackmoon

And some of us are still struggling through character creation.

Thorne

Even the ones who could have sworn we were done. Ugh.

... I need to get back into that, but the numbers.. the numbers, they hurt my head...

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

wander

Finally started working on the sub-attributes, rolling them up and seeing how good and bad my character is at things...

I actually rolled really well considering, nothing too major but most over average at least. He's still a complete thugly guy but then he's also big and strong even if he does have a face only a mother could love.  XD

pcnovaes

well, i can gm. guess it's better than writing two paragraphs of backstory.

TheGlyphstone

Backstory? We dont need no steenking backstory!

Hobbes1266

Quote from: pcnovaes on April 28, 2016, 06:34:43 AM
well, i can gm. guess it's better than writing two paragraphs of backstory.

If you're willing to GM... you're more than welcome to. If you need any help just ask, FATAL is horrible to make characters for, I assume running it is at least as bad.

pcnovaes

I think the players should stick to humans unless everyone wants to make an evil character. All other races either hate or eat humans, the elves never leave their forest and dwarfs can't take sunlight.

RavenBlackmoon

But but... I have been working for about a week on my Troll character already...

Thorne

I was wondering whether that would come up. Now I'm glad I rolled a human... >.>

Raven, grab one of the pre-mades? Might be easier than shattering your brains all over the character generation rules again?

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

RavenBlackmoon

If we are switching to human I am stealing a pre-made. Where can I find those characters, Thorne?

Thorne

Ahhh.. Appendix.. 6. Yes. Appendix 6.
Humans appear to be on page 941.

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies

pcnovaes

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on April 28, 2016, 10:30:03 AM
Backstory? We dont need no steenking backstory!
every game I ever tried to play on this site required at least two paragraphs of back story, so i'm glad to see someone who thinks the same way as I do.

well, i was going to say you could choose some aspects of your characters so you don't end with an aberration. nothing against aberrations, of course, but no one likes to play as an ugly character.

RavenBlackmoon

Can we maybe do a quick sandlot game where all the people who bothered to create non human characters can rape and kill each other off first? After going through all the trouble I want to use that character, even if only briefly.

pcnovaes

sure, why not. it'll also help everyone to get used to the system. or give up after seeing what a total mess it is.
so, where are the characters?

RavenBlackmoon

pcnovaes

So Hobbes1266 shall create the game thread in extreme:small groups. the players can post the characters at the begining(I don't think we need a separate thread for the characters, since it's a test run.) and then we can start playing.

RavenBlackmoon

My character is on page 2 or 3. Does anyone see anything I am missing?

pcnovaes

so we have two humans, two trolls and an exiled bugbear?

pcnovaes

did you know aged urine prevents things from catching fire? I'm really laughing reading through the book.

anyways, i think i though of a plot that maybe will put the characters together.

Hobbes1266

Quote from: pcnovaes on April 28, 2016, 06:44:41 PM
did you know aged urine prevents things from catching fire? I'm really laughing reading through the book.

anyways, i think i though of a plot that maybe will put the characters together.
Don't you mock him! He went to three different Wikipedia pages to research that!

Thorne

Quote from: Hobbes1266 on April 28, 2016, 07:17:48 PM
Don't you mock him! He went to three different Wikipedia pages to research that!

*laughs ass off* That would explain some of the other pearls of wisdom in this book...

You can use old urine like bleach, btw. It's also a tanning agent...

Ons and Offs
Absences and Apologies