Rangers Unite! Sci-Fi SuperHero Story! Rp-ers needed!

Started by Gladiator0161, October 17, 2009, 06:34:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gladiator0161

Ok, I know everyone has heard of or atleast seen an episode of Power Rangers. My idea is to make it mature and cool, not with a bunch of stupid noises and the same moves and abilities.

The story goes like this......[/u]

In the year 2038 an alien race invaded the planet Earth. Mutanst on earth were feared for a long time due to their power, but, once the Invasion started Earth's militaries were hard pressed to repel them. The only ones that had a somewhat easy time of repelling the alien invaders were....mutants. Something in the mutant DNA affected the aliens more than human weaponry ever could.

So a team was formed, 6 people with different mutant abilities were trained by earth's militaries to be Space faring commandos, that would sneak behind enemy lines and rid the earth of the invaders. Equipped with the latest weaponry based upon the study of the aliens technology that has been recovered so far, the Rangers donned new form fitting Power Suits that would increase their speed, strength, stamina and double the power of their own abilities.

Where the players pick up

The government of the game is going to select 6 people, hopefully I can get atleast 5 people to join this thread. 2 more guys and 3 girls would be great. I'm not against more guys or girls however, being in the team, such as..2 guys and 4 girls of any variation thereof.
Now obviously the Ranger team is going to have single colored uniforms, like the nrecent G I Joe movie, but, the players can decorate their suit however they want. The style of suit their character wears will also be up to the player, since everyone is going to have different abilities, the suits obviously will vary.

The weapon technology will be Star Wars/Star Trek based mixed with anime fantasy style weaponry. The players will also determine how they get wrapped up in the plot of the story. I'll be giving a short character biography after this explanation, so you can see more of what i'm looking for.

Please don't be shy about asking questions or joining. I really really want to do this RP!

Hunter

Wander over to hulu.com and take a look at a cartoon called Voltron (which I believe to be the inspiration for power rangers.)

Gladiator0161

I already have videos of Voltron, thanks ::)

Not that I hate it but, every time I try and watch it I find myself falling asleep and I love Anime! lol

Hunter

Sleeping through Voltron is like sleeping through Godzilla movies.  HOW CAN YOU!?!   :-[

Gladiator0161

Name: Raelyn Tadakashi
Race: Human Mutant
Sex: Male
Abilities: Control over Fire and Metal
Appearance:

Personality:
Raelyn is sensitive, calm, and a little cocky. He's a nice guy that doesn't allow anyone to push him around.

He knows his place and he sticks to it most of the time. Though once in awhile he does tend to do some rather risky and dangerous things.

He's also very protective of his friends, willing to lay his life down for them at a moments notice.

Character History:

Raelyn was born into a family of contruction workers and swordsmithes who worked for fairs and carnivals with reneissance themes. They'd made enough money from being employed at a construction firm, that they were able to make their own busness and branch out to bunsesses both large and small.

Most of Raelyn's young life was quite normal, he played with the youngsters of the neighborhood, played video games and went to the fairs and carnivals that hired his family to make swords and sell them, as an additional attraction. As he grew up he had the fortunate experience of fighting off bullies in school, which made him a pretty good street brawler by the time he graduated. In addition to street fighting he took training under martial artists after school and swordplay when he got home. His family, which included two older brothers and a younger sister, had always been a little weird. The making of battle ready blades and fighting with them was just a hobby however, but, it was a hobby Raelyn enjoyed immensly.

Raelyn worked his way through college like most students, the lessons of being independant and a provider being driven into him his whole life as he grew. He bought his first motorcycle at the age of 18, with the money he'd earned while working for his family.
It was during this time that he came into his abilities of controlling fire and steel. He trained daily in his abilities, going out into the country so no one would see him, and practicing to control his abilities.

Raelyn worked his way through college like most students, the lessons of being independant and a provider being driven into him his whole life as he grew. When he reached the age of 21 he joined the Marines as a Private, and took basic in boot camp a week later.
The next year the alien's invaded, and Raelyn was drafted into the Ranger program. They equipped him with an Assault Rifle, which was able to equip a sniper and demolitions attachments, a large battle rifle for ground assault and a plasma sword for close combat, training him in their use. He flew through the close combat training with the plasma sword, thanks to his background in swordplay.

They also gave him a form fitting power suit, which enhanced his abilities and increased his running speed and strength by half.
3 Years went into training him with the power suit and his abilities, while he went on missions with other teams.
Now, he waits for his team to be assembled at the rank of Captain.

(Mesh it between these two armors and you're pretty close to what I've imagined, lol)

Wolfy

Gladiator0161

Glad to have you aboard Wolfy4226 and you too Hunter, if you're interested that is.

Pumpkin Seeds

Wolfy

o3o I want to be the Green Ranger. xD

Joking..but I do want to control Water and Ice. :P

senshi32

Gladiator0161

That's fine Wolfy and that's up to Hunter I guess Senshi.

I still need 2 girl characters though, if you're willing to play a female character.

I'd love to have you Askie, if you're still interested.

Pumpkin Seeds

Wolfy

Rachubka

senshi32

Gladiator0161

Yup I guess so Senshi, welcome aboard.
You too Askie, Rachubka and Wolfy XD.

Alright so we currently have 3 guys and I'm assuming two girls. One more spot is open. Anyone else that's interested can play bad guys if they want. I'm not denying anyone interested in the thread, lol.

I was thinking about maybe making this a long term RP and adding a StarGate twist to it. How does that sound everyone?

Pumpkin Seeds

senshi32

sounds good

i want control over Thunder/Electricity & Rock/Earth

Gladiator0161

Sorry Senshi, no more than two abilities, any more and we're treading on "god mode". Which isn't fun for anybody.

As for the StarGate twist...I was thinking of the base either assembling or finding a peice of technology that acts like the Star Gate and sends people to other worlds.

I can think up of all kinds of situations to put our characters in, lol.
I might need a little help with the actual physics, if we want to go that far, and technology.

Same spiel as the show though, we're sent out to find allies and technology.

Pumpkin Seeds

senshi32

no, thunder and electricity are one, and earth and rock are my second, like earth could also be like nature, so i wanted to put i just control the rock part.

Gladiator0161

Oh ok, lol

I thought you were meaning control over electricity, plants and rock for some reason, lol.

Ok, so, I guess as soon as you guys post your bio's on here, I'll put up a thread and we'll just use this as our OOC thread. Is that ok with everyone?

SinXAzgard21

If you know me personally, you know how to contact me.

Korbl

or maybe two more? interesting set up.

and nice... avatar, sig and name, graverobber.
Ons/Offs

My A&As

Find out where I've journeyed
on the Map of Human Sexuality!

Gladiator0161

I have room for a female character and if the other person would like, that person could play the leader of the bad guys or maybe an ally to the Rangers.

I'd leave the creation of said leader bad guy up to that person, as well as technology, appearance, army size and set up. Should anyone choose the bad guy leader role, ofcourse.

Unless ofcourse, that person doesn't want to make all that up and just play the leader, cause that's fine too. I can go either way

The thought of fighting mummy ninja things though is something I'm deeply desiring to do atleast once in this thread, lol.

With those thoughts I leave the decision up to you Korbl and Graverobber21.

Korbl

well, Graverobber got his post up first, so he's got rights of first refusal, and playing the bad guy leader, eh, not my thing.
Ons/Offs

My A&As

Find out where I've journeyed
on the Map of Human Sexuality!

Pumpkin Seeds

May take me a little bit to get a full background up.  Swamped with school.

SinXAzgard21

Well, I was thinking since we are doing this "Ranger style" and in tradition of that, I was thinking of having a rouge Ranger.  I don't know how you'd feel about that but that was my thought... I can do the leader of the bad guys as well.  I actually have both characters already in mind.

Niki315

I'm interested in this as well.  If there isn't an open slot for another ranger, I could play an officer in the evil army or whatever.

Gladiator0161

Either one is fine with me Graverobber.

It's fine by me Pumpkin Seed, I don't think anyone else really has much of anything up right now anyway, and school can be hectic I know. So, take your time.

Niki315, yes, we do have room for one more Ranger, of the female persuasion though, lol. I hope that's ok.

I'd like to keep the ranger team somewhat even when it comes to male and female characters, that way if anything in the way of erotic situations come up there's atleast one person for every couple. I'm not against threesomes or group sex either though, so whatever.

This thread will be more action/story based though, sex is good and all but, it's not the meat of the story in this RP.

TheGlyphstone

This looks like it could be really entertaining, but the team's full...so if Graverobber decides to play the rogue Ranger, I'll happily play the evil mastermind....mwahahahaha?

Gladiator0161

SinXAzgard21

TheGlyphstone

I guess, if you're going to make a Rogue Ranger then.

I think I know what I'm going to do for a BBEG, to a certain degree.

SinXAzgard21

Well, all know what happens with a rouge ranger... they usually come around to the good guys.... But I am not so sure we should just completely follow 'Ranger Traditions'.

Pumpkin Seeds

This game sounds a bit more gritty than typical Saturday morning Power Rangers.

TheGlyphstone

More importantly, who's the Pink Ranger? :)
Also, villain status confirmed...you will all be mine, Mine! Mwahahahahahahaa.....

*memo - schedule appointment with Evil Voice Coach, losing pitch there at the end...*

Gladiator0161

No, this will defenitely NOT be the typical Power Ranger show. I intend to make this cool, lol. We can have fun with it ofcourse but, if anyone utters the words "Tyranosaurus!" or "Hiyaaa!!!"" every time they kick or punch, I'm gonna scream.

Just so you know, there will be voice commands but it's not gonna be the teams name and then some goofy thing like "SPD Emergency".
It's gonna be easy and military something like "Gear up", then the armored tights will form onto the character, lol. There'll be a quick flash of light and then the your character appears with the suit on.
The voice command will go through a cell phone which will connect to everyone's specially made sun glasses, those two item will form the helmet.

Atleast that is what I had in mind. Now be honest, does that sound goofy or kiddish to anyone?

I'll be putting this thread in the Exotic section in case we want to be a little more detailed. I'm not a fan of any of the SAW movies, so please, don't go overboard with the blood and gore. The most I want is something like this..."He cleaved the troll in half with his axe and the troll's bloody guts spilled onto the road, coating it in grime and blood". You can mention released bodily functions if you want, since that really does happen in death but, please no more than that.

This is supposed to be fun, not sickening.

Gladiator0161

Ok, so these are Glyphstone's Ideas for some bad guys. I'm currently working on a baddey myself, and I'll post it as soon as I think of something that's not so obvious, lol.

Demolisher
The shock troops of the alien army. Ten feet tall, with spiked armor plates surgically grafted into their skin and armor-reinforced bones. No ranged weapons, only two massive clawed fists, but the ability to vomit a spray of super-corrosive acid onto things at close range. Cybernetic speed augments let them charge forward really fast, but only in a straight line - their armored shell makes it so they can't see to their sides or behind them, and they turn slowly, so a coordinated group could keep one distracted while everyone else beats on it from behind. Unfortunately, they hunt in packs.

Screechers:
One of the few completely non-humanoid creatures the aliens have, beasties grown in the labs to fight. Look like oversized scaly vultures with engorged bellies and metallic feathers. They come in two types - Spitter Screechers, who spew blobs of acid from tanks in their bellies out of tubes protruding from their beaks, and Splasher Screechers, who just dive-bomb enemies and explode in a burst of acid goo.

Stalkers:
Elite alien warriors, armed with energy beam sniper rifles and explosive minigrenades. They have armor with a built-in stealth field to hide them from normal senses, and a short-range personal teleporter for escaping from dangerous situations.

Grumblers: The basic grunt infantry, they look like scrawny human-sized bipedal monkeys. Cyborg implants and metal tubes all over their bodies, some leading from an power generator grown together with their stomach to an energy blaster fused into one arm. If it's ruptured, the reactor overloads and explodes, disgusting but harmless to anyone who's not hugging it at the time. They're cheap, disposable, and really stupid. The name comes from the noises that their stomach/reactor makes, since it's constantly hungry.

Bruisers: The next step up, Bruisers are big and powerful, though only a little bit smarter than Grumblers. They're taller, like hairless gorillas with armor, and instead of having a built-in generator, they 'wear' what's basically an armless, legless, eyeless Grumbler surgically sewn onto their back. Their hands are detachable prosthetics, so a Bruiser can have blasters, electroclaws, energy whips, or power hammers attached to the stumps of its wrists. They tend to be squad commanders, directing groups of Grumblers in ground combat.

TheGlyphstone

Gladiator0161

I didn't know I was supposed to keep it a secret. Sorry about that :-(

It can still be epic though XD

Rachubka

Name: Trisha Borland
Race: Human mutant
Sex: Female
Abilities: Control over ice and wind

Personality: Though able to control ice, it was more of reflection of what Trisha's creators wanted her to look, rather than how they wanted her to act. Her upbringing actually made her quite a warm person, always willing to talk to those who wanted to, always willing to listen when others were down. Another apparent quirk that her 'programmers' embedded into her is a rather submissive outlook on virtually everything, agreeable to nearly everything, as long as it fell in line with her moral beliefs. This sort of mental block prevents Trisha from really ever taking a leadership role... in the Ranger Program, at least.

When in combat, Trisha seems to find somewhere deep within herself to draw strength from, essentially causing her to become very quiet and focused. Only commands and relevant speech from her team mates really draw her attention at this point.

Character History: There was always a concern about what the next door neighbours were up to in the United States, which seemed to be a justification for dumping a considerable amount of funds into what they would call a Super Soldier project. This is the reason why Trisha really didn't have much of a typical childhood once her rather poor family discovered her ability to control ice at will. Being sold to a government project was something the girl never had a problem with, as she was far too young to comprehend her own sitation at the age of 6.

Much of her childhood really consisted of well monitored tutoring, earning the education that any child growing up would have. The exception was the behavioural aspect, molding the girl into a well oiled machine, someone that would learn from and listen to her superiors. When the girl became of age, she was taught to use her bodily assets (another part of the girl that was molded by this project), along with a number of weaponry, including her favourites. Just when the project was going to declare their first success, they were required to dissolve, citing a lack of results as reasoning for it.

Not wanting to see their prize go to waste, the directors had ensured that Trisha instead be moved to the 'improvised' Ranger Program, created as the primary force to repel the newest threat to humankind.

Armaments
Rather than assign Trisha a vehicle, she had a few additional tweaks applied to her power suit. A stealth field generator is in its infancy stages, and is activated by a panel on her forearm. Her suit also allows increases her aptitude with her mutantesque abilities, as well as heighten her strength. Since the original program responsible for Trisha had intended for her to be a secret weapon, her skills revolve more around being subtle and efficient. Her own equipment reflects that.

• Silenced pistol, worn on her thigh holster
    Assault rifle, with sniper and suppressing capabilities. Used as a primary weapon. Kept on the back of her power suit.

Her abilities to manipulate ice are her tools to combat anything that is within arms length. This keeps the weight she has to carry low, in order for her to move that much faster, that much quieter.

Took a lot of artistic liberties, especially with her upbringing. Hope it's okay! And yeah, not that short, I guess. lol hope you guys approve.

Gladiator0161

Wolfy

Crovonovin

Anymore room in this one?  Particularly for those of a more...villainous mindset?

TheGlyphstone

What sort of proper evil overlord wouldn't welcome a dedicated henchman? ;D

Niki315

Name:  Amber Jamison
Race:  Human-Mutant
Sex:  Female
Abilities:  Telekinesis with limited fine control.  High forces can be generated, but it requires intense concentration for her to manipulate things precisely.  She has a maximum reach of about 100 feet with major reductions in physical strength, and a comfortable range of about 10-12 feet.  Within that comfort zone is a "spill" of telekinetic energy that sort of acts as a sixth sense.  A person moving through this field would notice resistance equal to about the strength of a spider web.  This resistance is a ripple that she can feel on her skin as if someone actually touched her.  This is an ability she can't turn off, making it very difficult for her to relax or sleep around anything moving.

Her second ability is to transfer her own feelings, physical or emotional, to any person she makes physical contact with.  So far, this ability only seems to affect those with human intelligence or higher.  Most tests run on animals proved ineffective.

Personality:  Amber tends to be a very confusing girl to be around.  Despite her appearance she has a very sound understanding of physical science, physics, and higher mathematics.  A lot of that is generated simply by her expanded spatial awareness created by her telekinesis.  On the other hand, Amber can be a total space case.  She can overlook obvious answers and clues seconds after making astounding jumps in logic.

Amber occasionally plays the fool on purpose when she doesn't want to think and may sometimes be offended when treated like an idiot despite this.  In addition, she's grown used to people helping her through things so finds it easy to give up if things get a little too tough.  Usually, someone else will do it for her, or at least help her through it.

Her sex appeal affects her thinking in a lot of ways, simply because she is good looking and knows it.  When she doesn't get special treatment, it's a bit of a surprise to her, though she doesn't depend on it.  If she needs something important, she's not afraid to use her gifts to get it.  There has only been a very few occasions that she couldn't get what she wanted after a little persuasion.

Character History:  Amber's father was in the military, but had never really wanted much to do with his daughter.  Amber's mother happened to be a mutant, unbeknownst to most of the people that knew her.  When Amber's powers finally started to show up around the age of 10, it became very difficult to keep the secret.  Amber and her mother moved frequently during that time, though each time they moved, Amber quickly became popular among her new classmates.  Having sizable breasts in junior high attracted a lot of attention.  Eventually, by her junior year, Amber had begun to accept her powers and understand exactly what they were.  Her intimate relationships through high school were made all the more special from the additional feedback she would feel from her partners, and passing those feelings onto them. 

This continued through college where she majored in fashion design and web design.  Her double major took 5 years to complete, and she graduated at 22.  Through internships and side jobs she had taken throughout college she realized that the working world was just more of the same she had already been through.  While looking for a job, she decided to join the Army on a whim.  After being caught with one of her superiors, she was about to get discharged from the Army until it was noted that she was a mutant.  At first the extents of her abilities were tested by moving military equipment.  Then her potential use grew when she could shield herself from falling objects, gunfire, and other harmful effects.  She was upgraded to the Special Forces Tactical Insurgence Resistance Team, which she preferred to call the Tactical Intelligence Traversing Squad for fun.  From there she was picked into the ranger crew to bring the fight to the enemy despite having less than a year of military experience and no actual time in real combat.

Armaments:  The typical armaments for a soldier include a rifle, a pistol, and a knife.  Amber is proficient with all three of these, though clearly not the best.  Her ineptitude is covered by her ability to feel attacks coming slightly before they happen and in some cases block with a wall of force generated by her mind.

Her powered suit includes a specially designed weapon that utilizes the force that leaks from within her.  It can focus all of that wasted energy into a heavy bolt of energy designed to bludgeon and knock-back enemy units.  Currently in production is a modified barrel capable of spinning the energy into a drilling projectile rather than a blunt shot.  Though the force generated by the weapon is capable of flipping military vehicles, it takes seconds to recharge the area with enough telekinesis for a full-powered shot.  Often, after the first shot, bursts of force are shot in rapid succession with about the force of a solid shotgun slug.

In addition, her suit is equipped with a slightly reinforced chain sword capable of cutting through most metals.  With the application of a little telekinetic force, she can grind into opponents with far greater intensity than normal.

Also equipped into her armor suit is a powerful thrust pack that leeches power from her telekinetic leak as well.  The jet pack does not rely fully on the telekinesis, but only has a short amount of sustainable energy on its own.  If Amber is firing her gun while using the jets, the projectiles fired are weaker, and she runs the risk of the jets running out more quickly.

Niki315

Those pictures are a little bigger than I though... c.c  I might need to fix that.. c.c

Pumpkin Seeds

Subject Name – Dedika Tsitvia
Birthplace on file – Senaki of the Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti region of Georgia
Ethnicity – Eastern European
Sex – Female
Age – 24 (unconfirmed)

Known Abilities – Records indicate the subject has access to the advantages of biokinesis.  Through careful application and with resources provided, she is able to restructure her body.  Observed benefits are heightened strength, reflexes, endurance and durability in combat.  Medical staff has noted enhanced healing capability after her arrest.  Firsthand accounts suggest an ability to resist the affects of poisoned gas and extended lung capacity under water.  Laboratory tests are pending for the exact nature of this restructuring.

Records recovered from Georgia hint at a secondary ability that is not clearly understood.  According to the subject she may sense and witness lines of causality and intention.  Heightened awareness and the ability to sense future events seem to be a positive side effect of this “sense” she claims.  No confirmation has been obtained about these abilities.

Background – Subject is a confirmed participant in the Immortals Project of the late Kushav regime in Georgia.  Documents indicate that she was killed at the projects termination when UN investigators were beginning to inquire about the facility.  The subject then resurfaced within two years with a group called The Setting East and was considered to be of an important position.  This group launched an urban guerilla war on the Kushav regime in Georgia, ultimately leading to rioting and violence in the capital city.  During the fighting Kushav was killed and the subject disappears once more.

Traces of her appear through intelligence networks.  Various terrorist organizations claim to have had her loyalty and attribute many of their deeds to her.  Warrants for her arrest exist in 36 countries and requests for her appearance has been submitted for an additional 24 countries for questioning.  Currently the subject is in holding pending agreement and acceptance by senior staff with the Ranger Project.

Armament
Modified Berretta P-92 series x2 : Subject has displayed fascinating capabilities with the use of two pistols in operation against security forces.  Currently under design and production are a pair of modified Beretta for her use.  The barrel has been extended for longer range accuracy and balance with the integrated power unit.  Use of magnetized rounds and barrel allow for greater force and reduced muzzle flash in close situations.  Weapon is capable of automatic fire and reduced size of the rounds allows for greater capacity.

Templar Close Combat Armor: Subjects abilities seem best performed in close quarters combat.  The Templar Class A body suit is being modified to suit her particular qualifications.  Lighter alloy metals make the suit more flexible and resistant to smaller arms fire.  Gauntlets have been modified with saber technology to project traces of energy into fingertips to cut through most materials.  By redirecting the flow of energy they can be extended into temporary over the hand claws.  This also provides for defense against similar weapons.  Visual augmentation allows for rapid access to ultraviolet, starlight and thermal imaging.  A link has been crafted to the accompanying rifle and pistols to read out ammunition and second-by-second weapon details. 

Van Berg Medium Assault Weapon System:  Made for use at moderate to close range combat, the weapon system include an under barrel launcher.  Shotgun rounds, fragmentation rounds, flash-bang and white phosphorous rounds can each be loaded into the launcher’s chamber.

Gladiator0161

Nice job Pumpkin Seeds. I love the picture of the armor.

Shihong, ofcourse you can join, we're glad to have you.

Crovonovin

Great!  Glyphstone, could you possibly PM me regarding your evil overlord ideas?  I'd love creating a "Second in Command" sort of character.  What villain could get by with out their own Starscream, eh?

Without the eventual plans of betrayal...of course. 

Pumpkin Seeds

Alright, so the ladies have shown up but where are our hot male co-workers?

Gladiator0161

Well, so far it's just me, lol, isn't that enough?-joking XD

I'll send PM's to the people who're interested and haven't posted a short bio on here yet.

TheVillain

Had a thought of a character who plays both sides off of each other for his own goals, can be a good guy or a bad guy and probably flips multiple times a story line. Heh.

Name: "The Chronomancer" aka "The Traveler" aka Mentalist 1st Order, Arberus Weena-Traveler
Race: Unknown but he's claimed to be Morloi, a Human plus 800,000 more years of evolution.
Abilities: While he's never sat down to be cataloged, some confirmed abilities and attributes include-
-Teleportation and Precognition, this theorized to be be what Time Travel appears to be like to a non-chrononaut.
-Faster reflexes, genius-level intellect, vastly superior night vision, superior sense of smell, shark-like teeth, and a jaw at least strong enough to bite through bone. All believable if extreme consequences of roughly 800,000 years of more evolution.
Weaknesses: The Chronomancer's eyes are very sensitive to light. Easily blinded by bright lights, he needs sunglasses to even live in room light comfortably. Also, the different social norms of Morloi and Human culture make things interesting if he tries to blend in. Morloi see little wrong with cannibalism for example, seeing Morloi as being higher on the food chain then humans. Not that they can't be civilized about it of course, they aren't monsters. Just make sure you are clear that when you say "Lady Fingers" that he known you mean cookies. Having evolved as a cave-dwelling predator, raw meat is a stable of his diet. It's civilization and sophistication as a thin coating over pure animal cunning, very thin at times.

Personality: Sometimes described as like a shark among the chum, layers of sophistication and intelligance hiding animal cunning underneath. Not cruel persee so much as alert and seems to view his surrondings like a predator looking for prey. He has even noted that it's quite possible that Morloi would be higher on the food chain then Humans, depending on whether or not Morloi and Humans count as the same species given the 800,000 years of evolution between them. Not that this is meant to intimidate, noting a dietary quirk of nature is no reason to not be civil after all. Often carries over bits of Morloi culture for comparison to human, much to the dismay of others around him- finds marriage a "cute superstition" and espouses ritual cannibalism for example. Otherwise seems like a bright young man on an intellectual adventure into the distant past. Dresses in the finest of Victorian age gentleman's clothes.

Physical Description: Like typical Morloi, he appears to be an albino that stands roughly six inches shorter then a normal human. While his eyes are blue they do seem much more sensitive to light, enough that he always wears shaded spectacles at all times. Admits to having the reflective retinas of lower animals such as dogs. Morloi fashion is notably influenced by Victorian fashion as a side effect of the Time Traveler's influence, and Arbarus is no exception- preferring the upper-class gentleman look.

Personal History: Victorian England always wondered what happened when The Time Traveller stepped into his machine at the end of the book, brillantly written by his supposed biographer H. G. Wells. The refusal to use the man's name was controversial to say the least but critics would hail it as a brillant artisitic choice. Some even refused to believe it was anything more then fiction, until the first Morloi message arrived.

The story they tell of the fate of the Time Traveller would solve the mystery. Determined to rebuild civilisation in the year 802,701 AD his first approach only succeeded in killing the Eloi he cherished so much. Managing to save only Weena, together they would travel the timeline making changes in hopes of preventing the conflict of Eloi and Morlock from ever occuring. Strangely, she would end up being his guideline as changes he made to the timeline changed her as well. Years would pass for The Time Traveller making changes across millienium until finally such a timeline was formed- one in which by the time 802,701 AD occured the Eloi and Morlocks had long since breed back into one race, calling themselves the Morloi.

Weena, now a Morloi named Omnesta Francium Weena, introduced him to a new civilisation who had long since surpassed the achievements of the humanity he left behind. Going off his personal timeline Arberus says he's the son of the Time Traveller and Weena and the Time Traveller lives a life of luxery among the Morloi, considered almost a godlike figure among the Morloi grateful for his courage to brave the timeline to make their civilisation possible. The Time Traveller wants for nothing, except access to his machine or anything the Morloi have backwards engineered from it. They may be grateful but they aren't stupid.

Arberus, as the son of the Time Traveller, has come back to explore humanity in this important time in it's society, or so he says. Representing the Morloi intellectual curiousity, he sees himself as a sort of anthropologist of this Human creature and adventures for knowledge and to experience humanity on it's own terms. He does his best to assure that the Morloi have no desire to invade, as his combined immune system makes him the only Morloi that can make the journey to this time period without heavy innoculations or years of radiation therapy like the Time Traveller had unwittingly undergone. Very prim and proper, rest assured. Just make sure when you say "Lady Fingers" you make it clear you mean cookies.

My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

TheGlyphstone

And what shall he do when the utter subjugation and annihilation of the entire human race beneath the boots of their oppressive alien overlords renders his timeline defunct and paradoxically irrelevant? Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...... :D ;D :-)

TheVillain

Maybe he's what the survivors of the annihilation evolve into? Maybe by destroying the human race you drive some of them into caves where they evolve into Morloi.

Maybe by trying to prevent him, you create him- and maybe he's fine with that.
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Gladiator0161

Weeelll, I admire your idea and respect it but, the facts are that with a simple click of a button or a summoning of power, your character could virtually play god with this RP.

The time traveling thing is a "no" for now, everything else about your character is fine. He's a different race with different abilites, so that's fine.
Being able to travel through time though, seriously has me worried as the GM of this RP. Simple site to site teleportation is great, time traveling through teleportation is basically playing god.

Unless you can assure me that you won't be using your time warping powers at every spur of the moment and, that you will PM me when wanting to do so. Other than accepting the prerequisites I've just mentioned, time traveling is a no go.

I'm also concerned about the cannibalism thing but, as long as you don't go into too much detail it should be fine. I don't plan on and will not be making this thread the next Saw Movie thanks.

Another thing-is your character 800,000 years old or is that just how long his race has been around?

I'm sorry if I seem picky. You're character idea is great, it's just I and Glyphstone have spent alot of time trying to come up with things for this RP and we've finally got a little bit of a plan. A simple switch of the time period just shatters everything at this point, lol.

TheVillain

No worries, if I wanted to play god I'd start my own RP. Keeping the temporal aspects down to a dull roar can easily be explained as "Paradoxes are very, very bad". I was planning more on using wits to solve problems anyway. So I have no problem with PMing.

The cannibalism will be more a joke, the idea is that he considers pretty much all the other characters lower on the food chain but is too "civilized" to indulge and there are cultural rules in play. Only the recently dead from other means, family gets first dibs, etc.

And the 800,000 years is how far into the future he's from. Far enough into the future that it takes purposeful acts to have any effect, the rest sort of level out.

Gladiator0161

Then I'm ok with your character, as long as you PM me when considering messing with the time period, we won't have a problem, lol.

You might/might not have to lose the cannibalism though, it depends on how the others feel about that.
I won't pressure others to play if there's an aspect to something they feel uncomfortable with.

I'd rather not lose players though. So, I'm fine with it as long as your not too detailed when coming to those particular scenes a.k.a. if you decide to have your character go for a midnight snack. I hope that sounds reasonable to you.

Glad to have you aboard Villain.

TheVillain

Woo! Like I said, the cannibalism will be more a running gag- being disappointed at Lady Finger cookies. A lot of raw meat in his diet will be the actual squimish thing "on camera".

Edit:- De-ruded.

Gladiator0161

That I've got no problems with, mostly because I was trained as a Certified Nurses Assistant and I got to do some stuff that would make some people squirm, but, some of the others might be more squeemish than me.

I just want others opinions on these characteristics before I slap an official "OK" on your character is all.

Pumpkin Seeds

Character seems pretty creative to me.  I do worry about time travel as I've seen it used to ill effect before, but really that's more a headache for Gladiator than me.  If kept down to teleportation with the potential of a plot device (ie precognition about horrible events to come or stepping back through time to rescue a character or allow us to accomplish some impossible task) then I think it could be fun.

Cannibalism doesn't worry me so much.  I have a good stomach (nursing assistant, nursing student and I've had the rare oppurtunity to work on a cadaver) so he isn't going to disgust me.  My only true concern there is if it comes up on camera, I don't see me character being "open-minded" on the subject.  So, I mean that is my only concern/warning is about character reaction and interaction over the topic.  Though from his writing about it he certainly seems dedicated to it merely being a quirk of his culture and probably just an oddity to set him apart.

Crovonovin

Name: Elnuthka the Everlasting
Position: Second in Command of the Earth Invasion Force
Race: Invader
Sex: Indeterminate
Abilities: Massive Strength, Superb Defenses, Regeneration, Limited Shapeshifting, Adaptive Reincarnation

Appearance (Base Form):

Personality:

Analyzing Elnuthka's personality is a difficult endeavor, for there is no single personality to study.  He is a conglomerate of minds and genetic codes from so many different conquered species that it has evolved into a new sort of consciousness altogether.  From moment to moment he can turn from a brilliant strategist into a mindless butcher, from a dry and witty commander to an incomprehensible jester.  The only psych analysis that can be applied regardless of the situation is that Elnuthka has been driven irredeemably insane from centuries of implants and splicing experiments. 

Character History:

Even the invasion force doesn't have all the records relating to Elnuthka's past.  Great chunks of them have been deleted entirely or put under so many labyrinthine security programs that accessing them becomes a lifetime endeavor.  Nobody knows what species he used to be before the genetic tampering, least of all Elnuthka himself.  His form eventually became so unstable that a massive overhaul of his entire body was required, resulting in the need for fusion with synthetics in order to keep his form contained.  The interaction between the organic and mechanical was breathtaking, as both began to coexist with one another so perfectly that the lines between the two could no longer be easily drawn.

Elnuthka's body grants him many useful talents that have allowed him to rise quickly through the ranks of the Invader military command structure.  It can take extreme amounts of punishment in combat before sustaining fatal damage, and the regenerative properties of his protean tissue and nanotechnology can even negate the damage entirely.  In the event that he receives serious wounds his unstable mass may warp or shift against his will, resulting in total restructuring of his body until it is better suited to deal with the threat at hand. 

But his greatest strength comes from a rather peculiar ability that has many of his would-be replacements baffled and frustrated by.  Whenever his life signs come to a halt, such as after an extremely dangerous encounter, his body will eventually resurrect itself and adapt so that it may not be killed by the same tactics in the future.  This goes for any part of him; severed limbs have been known to become entirely new, if weaker, entities if left unchecked.  They can even develop separate personalities.  Elnuthka has the ability to reabsorb them if necessary, particularly when some get the high-minded idea of helping the very people he has been tasked with subjugating.

Elnuthka's raw strength and nigh-impervious body has afforded him a great deal of power within the Invader Command hierarchy.  He has been known to personally lead armies during assaults on target worlds, cutting a bloody swathe across planets as they turn to ash and fire beneath his rampaging hordes.  When the Invaders have a problem they need to deal with as quickly and efficiently as possible, they throw him at it and hope for the best.  An all-purpose hammer for quelling any and all resistance.

Armaments:

Numerous.  In addition to blades, claws, teeth, tentacles, and any other sort of organic weaponry one can think of, Elnuthka has access to a staggering assortment of projectile weapons.  His nanotechnology can craft them out of his very flesh, or he can simply latch onto whatever he pleases and assimilate it into his core for later use.  Just as his tactics and mind can change at the drop of a hat, so too can his personal armory.

TheGlyphstone

Name: The Subjugator (formerly Marvin the Magnificent)
Position: Chief Warlord of Earth Invasion Force
Race: Modified Human
Abilities: Immersive Illusions

When the Invaders first discovered Earth and began surveying it for an eventual invasion plan, one of the first things they did was take a number of native residents, both two and four-legged, for examination to determine what might be threatening. One of the people they abducted was a failed two-bit stage magician named Marvin, who nonetheless believed that he was destined to be the greatest man alive. Following a principle that had served them well before, he became their prime captive, undergoing dozens of complicated biomedical treatments and surgeries, altering him into something barely human but totally dedicated to the Invader cause, and sent him to lead the armada that would eradicate his former species. Seeing his psychological penchant for legerdemain, they made his power real with psychic grafting and nanobots, letting him create 'illusions' so convincing that opponents subconsciously believe them to be real, going so far as to cause actual psychosomatic damage to people who, say, attack an illusionary wall.

Name: The Arch-Arsonist
Position: Chief Warlord of Earth Invasion Force
Sex: Unknown
Abilities: Pyrokinesis

The leader of the invasion fleet sent against Earth by the galaxy-spanning Invaders empire is one of their rejects, a high command failure intended to kill itself futilely beating against Earth's notable defenses before a competent commander takes over. Grown from a stock race native to a volcano-rich world, it is a scaly, hulking winged brute of a creature, and unfortunately afflicted with what a human would call pyromania, though in its own species this is nothing more than a standard psychological trait. It wants to burn, to see Earth's seismic activity sent into overdrive and the planet reduced to a wasteland, so that it feels more like home. Like its unaugmented fellows, but more so, it can breath fire both in wide gouts and concentrated enough streams to melt through reinforced metal.

Name: Elnuthka the Everlasting
Position: Chief Warlord of the Earth Invasion Force
Abilities: Massive Strength, Superb Defenses, Regeneration, Limited Shapeshifting, Adaptive Reincarnation

According to some, the enigmatic and devastating 'Elnuthka', definitely the highest-ranking Invader seen on Earth's surface since the invasion began, is not the second in command, but the actual authority.

Name: The Consumer
Position: Chief Warlord of the Earth Invasion Force
Abilities: Lifeforce absorption, shapeshifting

The Invaders relentlessly attacking Earth are doing so because it is a rich bounty of life and lifeforce, which they need to survive and have already drained most other planets in the galaxy of. Their leader is tall, thin and pale, with prominent vestigal fangs on an otherwise humanoid appearance, and one of the most ravenous of their high command. It is known for interrogating prisoners personally, torturing them before draining them of their life and spirit for sustenance, or using complicated nanotechnologies to restructure its cellular form into that of a huge animal to tear the unfortunate captive apart.

Name: E.T. In Charge
Position: Chief Warlord of Earth
Abilities: Healing Touch, Mind Control, Levitation

The Invaders are the stereotypical "Grey' aliens, who first came in the 50's to steal cattle and do odd experiments on abducted humans, as well as implant suggestions for popular culture icons and medias that would cause humans to underestimate them when they came back. Their leader is the now-promoted original commander of that scout force, who personally supplied the powerful Earth authority known as 'Spielberg' with the subliminally programmed plans for their grassroots misinformation campaign.

----------------------------

Are any or all of the above true, in fragments or combination? It's hard to say, because the Invaders themselves don't speak any Earth language, and the handful of mutant telepaths on hand have only revealed that the Invaders practice an almost religious version of information control - the basic grunts and field commanders barely know anything beyond their current assignment right before they are deployed, and it has so far been impossible to take any higher-ranking individuals alive before they suicide.

Gladiator0161

I like them all Glyphstone. Which ones you keep and which ones you throw away is ultimately up to you, but, I'd keep them all to further throw our characters off track, lol.

Niki315

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Gladiator0161 on November 04, 2009, 08:36:48 PM
I like them all Glyphstone. Which ones you keep and which ones you throw away is ultimately up to you, but, I'd keep them all to further throw our characters off track, lol.

Hehe, that was sorta half IC - I know my real background, but I'm not saying which, if any, of them posted here is accurate.

Gladiator0161

Yes, we're finally close Niki, we're just waiting on Wolfy now, lol.

I guess depending on whether Wolfy is going to be a Ranger or not we can start, I mean we have waited long enough, lol.

What do you guys think? Wait for Wolfy to get his character done? or go ahead and start and let him jump in as soon as he can?

Ofcourse, I don't mean to leave you out of this also Wolfy, so if you read this then please, tell us your opinion on the matter.

Treena

A/A     Ons/Offs     Cravings
Back and open to some rps.
Treena'sWiki

Gladiator0161

Not for the Rangers, but, we have several bad guys openings.

Treena

hrmm, can play a bad girl. ~laughs wickedly as she thinks of the evil things she would do to the rangers~

Treena'sWiki

Wolfy

Start with out me for now..o3o Maybe I can jump in as the 6th ranger. xD

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Treena on November 07, 2009, 02:29:06 AM
hrmm, can play a bad girl. ~laughs wickedly as she thinks of the evil things she would do to the rangers~

As long as you're willing to stretch your definition of 'girl' to accomodate some decidedly non-human biology :) - my 'right-hand brute enforcer' is occupied, but there's plenty of other space to fill in my advisory panel...after all, Evil is a growth industry!

GreenHavok

Treena

Quote from: TheGlyphstone on November 07, 2009, 04:11:41 PM
As long as you're willing to stretch your definition of 'girl' to accomodate some decidedly non-human biology :) - my 'right-hand brute enforcer' is occupied, but there's plenty of other space to fill in my advisory panel...after all, Evil is a growth industry!

she is going to be a mod human i think that was sold to the highest bidder.

Treena'sWiki

TheGlyphstone

Quote from: Treena on November 07, 2009, 08:27:35 PM
she is going to be a mod human i think that was sold to the highest bidder.

If you want to be on Team Evil, I'll send you what's been decided/written so far about the Invaders, though a human 'advisor' is definitely possible.

Treena

ok that would be lovely. I am sure that the invaders have needs just like humans. ~Winks~

Treena'sWiki

TheGlyphstone

Oh, they've got needs, though not the sort you're probably thinking of. :)

Treena

Treena'sWiki

Gladiator0161

Ok Wolfy, join us as soon as you can.

There's a few GreenHavok, but for bad guys only.

I love the thought of Treena playing a bad gurl, lol. This will definetly be fun, lol.

Ok, now finally, everyone who's ready to get this party started say "I", lol.

I'm dying to btw, lol.

Pumpkin Seeds

Rachubka

Treena

Name: Caruneya Amber Slovayk
Race: Human Mutant
Sex: Female
Abilities: control of water, shadow, and telepathy
Appearance:
Personality: She is cold all around. Takes pleasure in torture and is out for a good lay most of the time.
Character History: Caruneya was one of the humans taken dureing the first wave of the invasion. She was already developing her mutant powers when they took her. She is now an advisor for thier council on humans.

Through the time that she has been with the invaders she has lost all sense of morality and senseitvity. She has grown to hate her race and will do anything to destroy them for her now leaders the invaders.

Treena'sWiki

Niki315

Treena

oh yah i and here is my character pic gladiator you seen it before.

Treena'sWiki

Gladiator0161

Ok, awesome!

GreenHavok, you'll just have to jump in when you're ready, take the time you need to develop your character ideas. Talk with Glyphstone for an idea on races if you need to, he's got some pretty awesome ideas in my opinion.

The thread is going to be in the Exotic Large Groups section, I'll be posting in a second.

TheVillain

Large groups is for groups that have accumulated at least 1000 posts in their RP. You never start there.

Gladiator0161

Oh, oops. Too late now, lol. I've got another RP going in there and no ones complained yet.
Anyway, I meant big groups.

Here's the link to the thread. I was going to modify the title to include everybody's names but, it won't fit. XD

Rangers Unite! The Invasion of Earth Thread
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=52464.msg2437859#msg2437859

TheGlyphstone

C'mon good guys/girls, give us a run for our money already! Evil may win because Good is dumb, but that doesn't mean we don't have to work for it. :D

Rachubka

Hmmm, do I have artistic license, or should all of the rangers be in one place at one time? Given Trisha's history, I don't think she needs to be convinced to fight off a threat to humankind, yeah? So PS's intro would be rather inappropriate for her. :O

Gladiator0161

I was planning on a power suit intro for my character actually. I've actually been working on drawing up what his Power Armor would look like the last couple days.

Before I post my character though, those with Ranger characters should get together and discuss how our characters meet up. Raelyn, my character, would most likely still be in college, so I'm thinking a government draft for him.

Treena

Treena'sWiki

TheGlyphstone

Pumpkin Seeds

Well I kind of got the intro for mine already posted.  If anyone wants to be there for her release to the Rangers..that'd be a good introduction for her to the other characters.

Niki315

I was thinking about posting a kind of call to action thing where my character was summoned into action.  Maybe I could do that after meeting your character?

Pumpkin Seeds

Go for it...we definately need more call to action moments going on.  Maybe our characters get called to action and have to go by the college to pick up our fearless leader.  Make for an interesting scene.  Three gorgeous women, a couple of them probably armed, stalking through the halls and kicking open his class room door.

Gladiator0161

Sounds good to me, it's something I can easily write in for my intro.

Sorry I haven't been on lately, I just got back today from a religious assembly and it started at 9:30 in the morning and ended at 5:00 in the evening. Plus, I just kinda needed a break, my brain was not working for RP's.

I'll post my intro now.

Pumpkin Seeds

Rachubka

There was another fellow, no? I'm too lazy to track back. :P Or was it Wolfy who is a wee bit behind?

Pumpkin Seeds

Rachubka

Awww, shame. :( Guess the villains will have to make up for Raelyn's short fall. I mean, he can't entertain three of his squad mates. Right? Right. :I

Treena

Treena'sWiki

Pumpkin Seeds

Crovonovin

Not to much fun!  There's a certain Number 2 looking to spread a bit of misery through the ranks.  But hey, that's in the job description!

Gladiator0161

Now that would be an interesting scenario three girls and one guy, lol.
I'm game if you girls are, lmao.

Pumpkin Seeds

Gladiator0161

Ok, I know it's been a year since I started this thread but, I'd really hate to leave it unfinished because there was so much work put into it.

I still can't believe it's been a whole year since I've written in this thing O.O

So, any chance I could persuade someone to help me start it back up again or possibly revamp it?

Pumpkin Seeds

I actually have been wanting to play this game real bad since it stopped.  So definately count me in.

Muse

A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TheGlyphstone

You might be able to talk me into it, but I can't commit to anything for the next week or so.

Gladiator0161

Awesome, I can wait a week or so until you're free. It'll give me a chance to read what's there and to consider what to do from there.
Pumpkin Seed, Muse you are both welcome to join :)

Once again I'm sorry for just dumping the thread like I did. I didn't realize it had been so long. I'll try and read as much as I can tonight and get an idea or two flowing on what to do next. Love the new profile pic btw Pumpkin Seed ;)

Pumpkin Seeds

Am I still able to bring in my little slavic Power Ranger there?

Gladiator0161

Pumpkin Seeds

Gladiator0161

Kinda bad actually, lol. The last week has been hell, I and my brother clean the local theatre and it's really been a mess, today's the first day that it was semi easy to clean. So, I'll begin reading tonight and hopefully I'll have something within a few hours.

Gladiator0161

Alright, I read over everything that was in the thread and we could easily pick it back up. I do have some newer pictures for both the Ranger's allies and their enemies that I found on Deviant Art.

So, I'll probably be combining the pictures with what has already been set up, and obviously those characters involved with the "bad guys" that have pictures won't change unless they want to.

Oh and I added a couple pictures to my character's armament, since apparently some of the originals were moved or deleted.

So, I guess the only question now is...do we continue on? or do we start completely over?

So, besides deciding whether to continue on or start over, anyone have any questions?

Keaira

Behind every angel stands a devil.                    Scattered Angel A/A updated 8/12/16
Oh's and No's

Gladiator0161

Ofcourse you can, I won't refuse anyone interested.

Btw guys, I have a new thought for the bad guys. How about since I've already written down that they are kidnapping people, how about we make them experiment on their hostages, turn them into zombies and twisted montrous things?

Keaira

Behind every angel stands a devil.                    Scattered Angel A/A updated 8/12/16
Oh's and No's

Treena

Treena'sWiki

Gladiator0161

Awesome, glad to have you back Treena! :D

I'll PM Glyphstone and the others to see if they will continue their characters as well. As far as the plot goes, unless someone's got something they really want to do, the zombie/experimentation thing was my big idea, lol, nothing really has changed beyond putting some pictures of the baddies up. I'll hafta talk to Glyphstone about that, since he did most of the work, it'd be rude if I didn't after all.

Gladiator0161

Yay indeedio! lol.

Also, Idk if I said this already or not but, it doesn't matter to me if we start over or just continue on. If we start over then I can organize a little better and use some of those pics I mentioned right away since some of them are scenery pics but, I can always continue on too if that's what everyone wants and add those later as we come across them.

So, please tell me your opinions and we'll go from there. :D

Unfortunately The Villain has decided not to join back up, so I PM-ed him about his character The Traveller and what we should do with him.
Hopefully he'll give me a reply soon.

Crovonovin

So I hear you may be in need of some returning villains?

Pumpkin Seeds

Gladiator0161

Ok, I guess we'll start over then, shouldn't be too hard for the others to catch up.

Besides, Glyphstone has given me the ok to post up some pictures of the minions of the bad guy army. Alright, this time the intro's gonna be a little different.
I'm gonna skip ahead a little bit though it's still gonna be the same story. The city is going to be in the process of being evacuated, the civilians are going with a military escort to another world Humanity has found to be habitable. Mankind is a little more advanced than what I really had in mind for the first time. We'll run into alot of Marines, Commandos and Helldivers as we make our way through the city.

Our objectives? To locate one of the Alien Invaders Energy Controllers and a jamming device and destroy them.

Now, since the Rangers are the best of the best because of their armor, weaponry, training and mutant abilities, there are two ways we can do this.

1) We can insert into seperate parts of the city in pairs and eventually meet up, or 2) we can all just meet up in the beginning at base and go from there.
Personally, I think it'd bee more interesting if we separated into pairs and met up later but, that's just me. What do you guys want to do?

Gladiator0161

Muse

Did you ever say if you still had an opening for another guy ranger? 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Gladiator0161

I prolly did but, I'll say it again, lol.

Yes we do have openings for rangers, male and female alike.

Muse

Cool. :) 

I was brainstorming you a space folding guy. 

Then Kendra found me a picture, and now i have a Jamaican Base with sonic powers and vibration control coming your way.  :D

Muse

Work in progress.

Name:      Richard Cantor
Ethnicity:   African/Jamaican

Height:      6’6”/198cm
Weight:   300/
Skin:      Ebony
Hair:      Coffee colored curls. 
Eyes:      Liquid black. 

Abilities:   Vibration amplification and control grants him the ability too manipulate both sound and—too a lesser extent—earthquakes.  He cannot create vibrations from nothing.  While capable of both changing and dissipating existing vibrations, most of his effects involve amplifying and retuning his own singing. 

Background:   Born to a middle class family in Jamaica, his abilities at music and dance along with a handsome body easily honed by athletics offered him a comfortable future entertaining tourists.  While Richard never developed the compulsive workaholic syndromes that plague many Americans with higher ambitions, he did have a higher ambition and did the necessary work to achieve it without missing out on the sun and th sand, the music and dancing. 

Richard joined the air force in his nineteenth year and applied to Jamaica’s fledgling space program in his 22nd.  By 23, he had walked on mars and participated in a warp jump.  From there he was selected for this program. 

Cold Heritage

Quote from: Gladiator0161 on December 09, 2010, 02:07:16 AM
Yes we do have openings for rangers, male and female alike.

O_O Is this still true?! Inquiring Colds want to know!!!
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Gladiator0161

Ummm, yeah, it's true. I said it didn't I? lol

We have need of bad guys and 1 or 2 Rangers I think. *goes to check*

TheGlyphstone

Yeah, doing a tally of who's here might be a good plan.

Gladiator0161

yes, it would, lol. To make such easier, those that are definetly interested and have a charatcer planned out, please use the Rangers Unite Revamp OOC thread.
All other newly interested ones, please continue to post in here. This will allow me to know who is definetly interested and who are just asking questions.

Thank you for your cooperation :D

Cold Heritage

What's the guideline on mutant powers? Like, what kind of things are okay and so on?

Gladiator0161

each character is allowed two mutant powers, no more.

My character for example can control the element of fire and any metal around him.
I think someone had ice and wind, and another person had lightning and earth.

Cold Heritage

I got permission from Pumpkin Seeds to reference Dedika in the background.

Name: Zmey
Race: NuGene
Abilities: Gene/Nano-Augmented Strength, Gene/Nano-Augmented Durability
Appearance:

Wearing Model OMAC-01 Tactical Suit:

Height: 7'
Weight:   397 lbs.
Skin: White     
Hair: Black     
Eyes: Blue     

Personality:

Zmey is a creature utterly unrestrained by conventional ethical concerns. He has been conditioned through advanced psychological methods to feel no fear when entering a combat zone, and to feel no remorse upon terminating a target. Collateral damage will not cause him to experience guilt or remorse, however, it is an operational concern and he is conditioned to regard excessive collateral damage as undesirable. As a being fabricated, typical motivational factors such as nationalism or reproductive impulse are replaced by the existential certainty of having a purposed existence: Zmey exists to safeguard humanity, even though he is not and cannot ever be a part of it. This has proven to be sufficient to control him.

He's not without a sense of humour - his name, for instance, amuses him to no end. Amongst the others Rangers, Zmey's liable to be easy-going, prone to loafing, and generally lackadaisical.

Character History:

The rise of mutants was, for some, a mathematical certainty. The only uncertainty would be the manner of expression that the eventual mutation would take. And when mutants did arise, for some, it was a wonderful, bold new era for science. For an even smaller subset of this ecstatic group, it meant a type of science that would not be shackled by such petty ethical concerns.

While the Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation was content to kidnap and brainwash mutants into being their operatives, there were other elements in the Putin regime that could never really trust a weapon not wholly of their manufacture. They sought then to leverage the existence of mutants and the brilliance of free science to create soldiers that would be loyal to Russia and Russia alone. Initial genetic experiments were not promising, but science carries on in the face of adversity. Maturing technologies enabled second run test subjects to show more promise. Advances in transgenics enabled hormonally controlled advanced growth that resulted in subjects whose maturation could be dramatically quickened and then halted, so the typical difficulties associated with rushed growth (i.e. extremely shortened lifespans) could be avoided. Additionally, the fast-tracked maturation enabled a wider variety of test subjects, given the shortening of trial turnovers.

Zmey was part of a group of physical augments. The principles of mutation and transgenic alterations led to a clutch of creatures not entirely human, mutant, or otherwise. They were truly a breed unto themselves. And their progress was above expected parameters, although 50% of subjects perished from unforeseen complications in development - excess hypertrophy, insufficient skeletal reinforcement, terminal hormone imbalances, and so forth. But Zmey survived.

His childhood, as such, consisted of a strictly regimented course of exercizes, tactical training, scientific observation, and chemical therapies. After six years he was fully matured, and a regimen of chemical and hormonal therapies brought his metabolism into check - he would age at a rate estimated to be roughly analogous to that of a standard human, but unforeseen complications did not bear this out. Zmey has not outwardly aged since his maturation, and although the evidence of age is present, he may be functionally immortal because his cells resist conventional degeneration of the aging process due to their remarkable durability.

Before being seconded to the Rangers, Zmey and his clutch worked with Russian Special Forces. Their missions were typically ones engaged in abroad, although domestically they did hunt mutants. Zmey has 18 confirmed mutant kills to his tally, although as far as he is concerned they are not worth bragging about - none of them were older than 13. It was more common for Zmey's group to be deployed to kill pirates who had seized Russian oil tankers, assassinate leaders who were not willing to bow to Putin's wishes, or to eliminate enemies of regimes of Putin's political allies. Zmey recalls fondly one day when he and his group simply walked into an African village with flamethrowers and burnt it and everyone in it to ash. He is less pleased about how Dedika Tsitvia evaded his clutch three times: once in Colombia, once in Somalia, and a final time in Chechnya. Some of it was bad intelligence, but enough of it was that Dedika was just that good.

Armament:

Model OMAC-01 Tactical Suit (pictured above):
The OMAC-01 Tactical Suit is the pinnacle of Russian protective garb. It can not only withstand most small arms and melee weapons (including monomolecular edged weaponry and energy weapons), it also houses a second-generation adaptive and regeneration energy shield that can be activated to supplement the armour's physical protection. The suit's internal controls permit the field to be fully or partially generated, enabling as much or as little protection as needed. The suit contains a separate power source exclusively for use with the field, along with the standard power plant (both systems are compatible, and in case of emergency, the suit will draw upon whichever is functioning to maintain vital systems). A small nanohive and high density repair ingots enable the suit to self-repair, provided adequate time. The suit may, through recyclers, support the wearer for 1 standard week without resupply (however unpleasant that may be). The helmet integrates various visual modes, including thermal, active infrared, and an image intensifier, amongst others. The reflective coating upon the helmet's face plate helps to protect against dazzling attacks such as flash bangs.

Model AX-R9 14mm Revolver:

The AX-R9 is intended primarily as a CQC response to heavily armoured infantry targets. It is also useful for breaching. The primary round is 14mm carbide slug, but the weapon can also accept rounds designed to propel shot with no modifications.

Model AX-A13 Assault Rifle with integrated AUX-U13 :

The Model AX-A13 is a weapon intended to serve the dual roles of assault rifle and light machine gun. It fires a 10mm round. The integrated AUX-U13 employs advances in general ballistics technologies to create a man-portable armour-piercing discarding sabot round to provide the soldier carrying the AX-U13 anti-armour and anti-materiel capabilities. The AUX-13 may, in field conditions, be replaced with the AUX-U11, a grenade launcher capable of accepting a variety of 20mm grenades from the AP line, which offers fragmentation, gas, incindiary, and high energy options.

Model AXM-M1 Monomolecular Combat Knife:

The AXM-M1 is a knife crafted with a monomolecular edge, enabling it to cut through virtually any material cleanly and efficiently. A small spool of monofilament wire is located in the handle; the clip at the end can be pulled to draw it out. There is ten inches of wire to the spool. The button on the hilt activates the spool to retract the wire.

Model AXM-M2 Vibrating Combat Knife:

This model combat knife employs a miniaturized generator in the handle to create ultrasonic vibrations along the blade, enabling it to cut through denser materials than would otherwise be possible. An alternate setting results in the friction from the produced vibrations to superheat the blade, which has been shown in some cases to be effective in defeating energy-based protections.

Gladiator0161

Cold Heritage. Character Accepted! :D

Great job on the bio, please copy it and move it to the Revamp Thread.