Not Exactly What You Were Expecting? An AU Buffy RP seeking players![NC/Exotic]

Started by Craz, August 21, 2009, 11:28:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craz

Not Exactly What You Were Expecting, Huh?

So, with the new season of Dollhouse coming out in a few weeks, I've got Joss cravings. And I figured, hey, why not a Buffy RP? Well, I had an idea, one that has recently popped into my head.

What if, through some goof-up of the Powers That Be, instead of Buffy being chosen, a guy, a high school senior, became the next Slayer? The idea is sort of a gender-swapped Buffy, with the Scoobies being seniors at Sunnydale in the present day.

There would be more than a few character opportunities, all original characters. There'd be the Scoobies, the Big Bad of this plot line(Say, something akin to the Master, someone looking to unleash the Hellmouth underneath the school library?), the Slayer's watcher, and possibly other characters like the 'Angel' of this series.

So, would there be any takers?

Updated: Character List

The Male Slayer: Craz, Ben Winters
Male Scooby: Sacryn, unnamed
Female Scooby: undlisclosedtoyou, Anne Fournier
"Wild Card" Scooby: Open
"Angel": Callie del Noire, Stella Torres
The Watcher: Kia210 Toby Pennyworth III
The Big Bad: RubySlippers, Buffy AKA Lilith

Any other characters, either canons, AU characters, or originals are all open for consideration as well!

Name:
Race:
Sexual Orientation:
Dom/Sub/Switch:
Powers:
Appearance:
Personality:
Background:

rick957

Hi -- sounds like fun.  I'm sending you a PM about this.  Thanks.  :-)

Craz

Thanks! Come on, there's gotta be some Whedon fans out there?

rick957

Hey Craz, just out of curiosity --
Apart from the male slayer, what were you planning for the genders of the other Scoobies, the Watcher, Master, the Angel character, etc.?
Will each real character have an alternate-universe equivalent, or is it more open than that?  What about a Faith character or Spike or Drusilla?  Gender-reversed or not?
Also, were you planning to take a particular character?
And finally ... any ideas about the plot?  Is this an origin of the slayer, first meeting of the Scoobies, big show-down with the Master, all of the above, or something else altogether?  What will be the sexual aspects of the RP?
I was just thinking that maybe more specifics on any of the above topics might help spur interest.
:-)
-- Rick

Craz

Okay, so I've attempted to answer these questions with as concise answers as I can muster.

Okay, so, for the Scoobies, while the Slayer would be male, there will be three scoobies, one of each gender and one wild card, I suppose(The Xander, Willow, and then one more). The Watcher can be any gender, as can the Master character. However, I would prefer that the souled vampire be a female, just for that whole plotline.

Now, this can be more open, but if AU equivalents are what people want to play, sure. Now, as for Faith, I'd prefer to keep her gender the same, but Spike and Dru are debatable. As for myself, I'm going to be playing the Slayer(name pending).

The plot is going to involve the first “big bad” that the Slayer and Scoobies go against. It'll be the first meeting, but will involve the first evil plan that either dooms Sunnydale or brings about some nasty from another dimension.

Lastly, the sex. There can be some of the usual teenage lust and sex, but also there's the vampires to consider. So, this would bump it up to what could be very dark and violent.

rick957

Cool, thanks for all the details, I hope it wasn't too much trouble.  :-) This just keeps sounding more and more fun to me, as long as some good players turn up.

Craz

I added a list of the main characters, just so people can get a good look.

Olivia Nope

I am (as I indicated in PMs) pretty interested in the Angel role, if possible.

Craz

Well, someone else has also requested the Angel role. If he doesn't post here, I'll give it to you, but if he does, we'll have to sort this out.

undisclosedtoyou

This seems really interesting.  Do you mind if I put together a character sheet for the female scooby position?
"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Olivia Nope

No problem; if they do turn up seeking that role after all, and Spike's role is kosher, I'd be pretty okay with going for that also if possible.

RubySlippers

A male slayer how novel, well my character would rather kill him than a female one that would be such a waste.  >:)

Callie Del Noire

undisclosedtoyou

I hope you like it.  I was unsure if I should send it to you through PM or just post it here, but this seemed easier.

Name: Anne Fournier
Race: White- Half Brazilian and half French
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Dom/Sub/Switch: Submissive
Powers: psychokinesis And a very low ability to sense other superhuman powers.

Appearance:

Neither too short, nor too tall, she is rather normal.  And although some may view her as being rather
attractive, all she see's when she looks in the mirror is a normal looking girl. 

Personality:  With a love for all things bright and rich, tangy and spicy, it's rather odd that she presents a darker, subdued personality.  She can be interpretative as being cold, contemplated, and rather standoffish but in reality it's just her trying to keep a cap on all the emotions swirling inside of her.  A fear of something dark seems to always hover over her, and she is constantly at attention, knowing that if she let's down her guard and becomes overwhelmed that people could get hurt.  She also fears that all this is a sign that whatever threw her mother over the edge is taking it's grip on her, and that she is destined to be locked away, never to be seen again.

Saying all this it might be striking to note that drowning under all this doom and gloom is a regular girl who can be unbelievably loyal and dependable, she has even been known to be sarcastic and make funny comments about idiotic actions from others.  But she hasn't had the chance to be that way in a town that for some reason or another puts her on edge.

Background: Born to a rather poor Brazilian immigrant seamstress, and an innovative French baker who opened his own Patisserie, she has an ingrown love for rich, colorful, and vibrant foods and music.   She was born with a twin brother named Aiden, who had been abducted when they where five years old, playing in the small park across the street from where they lived.  Her family had waited four months, expecting some form of ransom to be demanded; but when non came the small light of hope seemed to fizzle out and die.  It had taken two more years, and the institutionalization of her mother, for her father to decide that they needed to move towns.  It also helped that the town they where moving to was closer to the hospital her mother was kept in.

Now with the new shop her father is putting all his concentration on, and Anne being pretty much on her own, she had been able to remain rather invisible in a school, that she can't help but find weird.  From the moment that she had first stepped foot in the town, she has had nothing but an odd tingling feeling, as if something was lurking in every shadow. That mixed in with an alarming tendency to make things "happen" when she gets startled, or under pressure, has her in an almost constant state of anxiety. 

To make things worse her father refuses to admit that there is anything wrong, and continuously pressures her to visit her mother; something she hasn't done since moving towns.  Because of all the strain going on around her, she had adopted a rather cool air of uncaring.  Spending her time in the library studying, and trying to go unnoticed she is almost always on the verge of something dark..and even frightening.

"Not all who wander are aimless.  Especially not those who seek truth beyond tradition, beyond definition, beyond the image."
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

RubySlippers

Name: Buffy Summers aka Lilith aka The First Woman aka Mother of All Demons aka Ruler of the 666th Layer of Hell aka Queen of Hell aka The Concubine of the First

http://www.babylon-x.com/preview/sarah_michelle_gellar.php?id=817&site=14&csp=CelebAds&p=rev

Race: Big Bad

Sexual Orientation: Bisexual (vessel) and Lesbian (Lilith)

Dom/Sub/Switch: Dom

Powers: known to the GM but is a Big Bad so think scary

Appearance: As the pictures but in her demon essence coming out has black shadowy wings, cloak and a crown.

Personality: Was the first wife of Adam but fled when she would not lay below him and demanded she be his equal since then had little use for men except as tools and weapons. Is like most CEO's of the Dark Side in that she is good to her retainers and ruthless to her enemies but prefers to come at the enemy by the sides or back. Under the laws of Hell she must keep her word when given but unless a deal is well worded that can be abused by her, she loves doing that to arrogant bastards that dare try to command her. She tends to use honey over vinegar to run her realm and her business and loves women that choose to serve her. Overall she is proud of her children demons, the ubervampires that God sealed under the Earth and her later children the modern day vampires her less impressive but more crafty creation.

Background: Was forged by God from the Earth and breathed in life as Adams proud equal in her mind and her fall came hard with the First and her beloved fallen angel Lucifer lured her after a falling out. Enmantled in Hell she was the first demon as opposed to a fallen angel a devil and gave life to demons and vampires. Her ubervamps walked the Earth just before being sealed under Sunnydale and only the First can have the power to do that in prophecy. But she had her revenge before the fall of Sodom she lifted her consort at her temple and gave her the power of a vampire and unleashed her onto the Earth. After that God and the angels sealed her into hell but she can be released there are rites in the Bible of Lucifer. Her power keyed to four artifacts the RODS OF LILITH together with some sort of final act she can open up a gate to her realm and unleash hell on Earth so says the prophecy. Over the many centuries she managed through her witches and demons to place fragments of this book enough to summon her and make a deal she owes the summoner one service but there are no known binding rites for her. That was the mistake of a vampire called The Master who dares command her using the Scroll of Thantos one such fragment with both a contact rite and summoning and a false binding right. She chose her vessel a potential Slayer Buffy Summers she needs to be the born onto the Earth and all the pieces are in place ... and nothing will stop her awakening. All The Master asked for is to be freed and she will grant that but he was foolish enough to get one of the rods and thinks that will control her. She intends to keep her agreement taking him kicking and screaming into the suns fire freed but such a child should no better than control the Queen of his race.

Callie Del Noire

Name: Stella Torres (aka Stella Tor (Author), Lady Estella Del Tora)
Race: Caucasian (Spanish)
Sexual Orientation: Bi
Dom/Sub/Switch: Switch (Leans towards Dom)
Powers: Vampire (with a LITTLE understanding of magic, a skilled swordswoman and scholar, knowledgeable in Watcher secrets and traditions)

Appearance: As the picture
Personality: Typically an outgoing woman, playing at being the young woman she appears to be. Makes the effort to stay 'in touch' with trends and technology (unusual for a vampire of her age) When faced with a situation involving the supernatural she is direct, decisive and typically deadly to face. As a result most of the supernatural residents of Sunnydale avoid her.

Backstory:A vampire known to have raided over a dozen Watcher Libraries and is known to involved in the death of at least 2 dozen watchers since she was sired in 1410.  'Lady 'Stella' has had no appearance on file with the watches for over 70 years (the last time taking the entire historical biography on her and her sire). Little beyond her name, and the fact that there is a running feud with her and the Forsyth family over the torment related insanity/institution of a family member. (Rumored to be Lady Annabelle Forsyth, Watcher Hisotrian and failed Slayer Potential)

The TRUE story. Lady Estella used magic to exchange bodies with Annabelle to get at several grimoires in the possession of her family in the early 1700s, but was away too long from her own body. She returned to find the warlock who had cast the spell killed and her sire staked and her body gone. Her mind broke shortly thereafter due to the strain of maintaining her secret and she was quietly institutionalized. The new 'Lady Stella' pursued a campaign of quiet support of her family, with several clashes with her descendants over 'misunderstandings' and has stolen everything she could find on her vampiric form in an attempt to return to human form. She has researched extensively into the occult, occasionally clashing with the Watchers for this or that item she needed, working to avoid kiling them when she can.

Today, she hides in Sunnydale and plays the role of reclusive romance writer Stella Tora and has recently heard of a strange occurance, the male Slayer. Recently she has run into hints of an old foe that she had crossed swords with has returned, but nothing beyond that.

Craz

Name: Benjamin Allen Winters
Race: Human, Caucasian
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Dom/Sub/Switch: Switch, depending on his partner.
Powers: Super-strength and speed, visions of the future in dreams, proficient in most melee weapons and the crossbow
Appearance: Tall and fit, he looks like an average guy with brown hair, brown eyes, and a good smile.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j260/Jason_Craz/JimSturgess-SPX-011989-1.jpg

Personality: Ben is the average American high school senior, for the most part. Intelligent, witty, and bright, he's often the spark in a room, even if he avoids works like the plague. Ben is not fond of his destiny as the Slayer, feeling that others wold be more suited for the role and that he is only the Slayer through a fluke.
Background: Ben Winters, then only son of single mother Julia Winters, started off life in San Francisco, California. Julia, an archaeologist, spent a lot of time out of the country, with Ben tagging along often. Tutored for the most part, he was a smart kid who grew a knack for problem solving and quick thinking. Before the age of ten, he had already been to five continents and seen more than most had in their life.

His mother, however, broke her leg, taking her out of the field for a long period of time. She took a job teaching at UC San Francisco, with Ben going into public school. His life from that point on was fairly average-until one day last year.

A man calling himself a Watcher explained that he was the next Slayer, the on who was supposed to fight the vampires and other forces of darkness. Surprised at this, Ben initially refused the job, though it was explained that it wasn't a choice-destiny had laid it out for him already. Ben chose to remain oblivious to this, shirking off destiny as something not to believe. His destiny as the Slayer, however, came looking for him.

His first fight with vampires ended up destroying the entirety of his high school, burning the place to the ground. While Ben was never implicated, he and his mother decided to leave town. They moved to Sunnydale, California, where his mother took a teaching job at UC Sunnydale and Ben was set to finish his senior year at Sunnydale High, thinking that this would be the perfect escape. If only he knew.

Craz

Okay, hate to double post...but we need one or two more Scoobies, a Watcher, and maybe some other characters before we can start off. If you guys know some Buffy-fan, be sure to tell them. ^_^

RubySlippers

Hello folks don't forget the Big Bad needs loyal servants I needs a nasty witch girl someone who made a pact with Lilith for power and magic who is not a retard. After all will be my character lover her standards are high. And some brutish fighting demon who well wants to hurt the good buys and finally has a being he can respect serving.

RubySlippers

Oh I should have said a witch that is not Paris Hilton ,lol, so is useful.

And I'm not taking pm's all talk can be done here or in an occ thread as far as I'm concerned for this or any other game I'm in.

undisclosedtoyou

Oh we really need more players. I know there's a few buffy fans out there!
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Craz

If we don't get more players, I'd like to consider starting with what we've got, keeping an open recruiting for the RP as we go. Thoughts?

undisclosedtoyou

I would say yes, but there is the big role of Watcher that is missing, I would say wait until we have at least that character filled.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Callie Del Noire

Craz

Yea, if no one applies for the 'watcher' job, Callie has offered to have Stella be Ben's de facto watcher.

RubySlippers

Buffy could be the Watcher, be kind of fun having the Big Bad fucking over the group getting them to sek the other three rods to grant her full powers. >:)

Under an older shapeshifted form and really good fake backgrounds, maybe taking out the real Watcher.

Sarcyn

This sounds very interesting, and I'm a huge Whedon and Buffy fan. I'd be willing to take on the role of Watcher, but I'd probably want to play it a bit younger, so there isn't quite such an age difference as there was with Giles and the scoobies in the actual series...

I'd probably be looking at something like early-to-mid thirties and maybe the computer teacher at the school...

Any thoughts on that?

Craz

Hey, it'd work. If you want to take the watcher character, welcome aboard! The more the merrier...Well, as merry as it can be before you're killed in a terrible manner.

Sarcyn

Okay cool, I'll work on a profile in the morning, given it's a bit late here...

Looking forward to having some fun, but maybe not loving the gruesome, horrible death. Points to the first person to get the reference to a Whedon show/character in this post...

Craz

Fact: If you are in a Joss Whedon program, you are never safe. Even if you are the main character. :P

Sarcyn

Oh I'm well aware of that, and I don't have a problem with my life being on the line, or even with getting killed off, but that doesn't mean I have to look forward to it haha.

undisclosedtoyou

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

RubySlippers

I'm rewatching Buffy and Supernatural for ideas for my Big Bad -

BE AFRAID!!!

>:)  >:)  >:)  >:)  >:)  >:)  >:)  >:)

undisclosedtoyou

Quote from: RubySlippers on August 30, 2009, 05:27:14 PM
I'm rewatching Buffy and Supernatural for ideas for my Big Bad -

BE AFRAID!!!

>:)  >:)  >:)  >:)  >:)  >:)  >:)  >:)

Oh god is it too late to turn back? hehe.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Craz

I'm pretty sure that, for now as the only Scooby, you'll be safe. As the Slayer, however...well, crap, it's Season One. *hides*

undisclosedtoyou

Lol, If I'm safe than everything peachy^^

you can hide under my desk if you like Craz.
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

RubySlippers

Find the Slayers family and with her followers takes them to the Hellmouth for a little party ...

>:)

There are no rules Slayer.

Craz

Hide under your desk? Give me ideas, why don't you?  ;)

As for you, Big Bad. Take the Slayers family, and hell shall be visited upon you and yadda yadda.

By the way, just so this isn't a completely off-topic post, if you guys have any ideas, questions, or suggestions, please feel free to either PM me, or catch me on any of my IMs. I'm on far more than I should. hehe.

undisclosedtoyou

Hmm let's see.  In the beginning of the game will it began like how it did in the show?  As in, my character befriending yours?  Or are we starting a little forward, and they already know each other?
O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Craz

I'm thinking we're going to be begin about a month after Ben's come to Sunnydale, so they already know each other and work on Slayer activities, say?

undisclosedtoyou

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Craz

All right, going to create the OOC forum for you guys tonight. :) Just on a quick break right now.

undisclosedtoyou

O/O's ~ A/A's ~ Avi's

Kia210

Name: Alexander Tobias Pennyworth the third

Race: White

Sexual Orientation: Bi

Dom/Sub/Switch: Switch, depending on his partner.

Powers: Has had extensive schooling on the arts of magics.

Appearance:

Personality: Gentle, and a bit timid at times, but knows how to kiss ass when need be. Very strong willed,

Background: Alexander ( Toby as he is often called) was one of the youngest watchers every appointed. His father and grandfather were watchers before their untimely deaths in the fight against evil. He try's to live up to the reputation everyday but worries he will not do them justice. Born in Scotland in 1988, but after his fathers death, his mother moved him to the USA.

He has had extensive training the magics (his best weapon) as well as training in hand to hand combat. Although Scottish born has very little of an accent left.
I am the fire that burns, the choking fog, the storm that rains devastation on our foes.

The Switch