Looking for a good story

Started by Drax, November 16, 2012, 12:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drax

Is there anywhere that people post to indicate a link to a good story they have read? I don't think there is a "like" button but sometimes I think it would be useful.
My Absences

21 May - May be less around over the next few days as moving house and a lack of internet might restrict.

On's and Off's

Should be able to post at least once per week and its often far more frequent

Autumn Sativus

Dropping the authors a kind-worded PM is probably the most flattering thing you could do. :-)
Us against the world
Just a couple sinners making fun of hell

~~A&A(updated March 2021)~~Tales~~Wants~~O&O~~Wiki~~

Oniya

I think Drax is looking for a thread of recommended stories, possibly in search of something to read?

The problem with that is that people's various ons and offs vary so much that a story one person loves could bore one reader to sleep and send another into traumatic shock.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Avis habilis

You might add a section called, I dunno, "Personal Favorites" to your wiki page with links to stories you like. That way people could get an idea what your tastes are like by seeing what of other people's work you enjoy reading.

Beguile's Mistress

For your own reading enjoyment you could peruse the various story forums and sort the title column by Replies.  A large number of replies would indicate a story that has been going on for quite some time.  We also have a Completed Tales forum which is a library of stories our writers have taken to conclusion and wish to share with us.  Anyone is welcome to request that their completed (not abandoned) story be moved there.

Mithlomwen

Actually I think it would be nice to have a place for folks to be able to link to their favorite stories on E. 

So I created a thread for such.
Baby, it's all I know,
that your half of the flesh and blood that makes me whole...

Oreo

Wonderful idea. I Bookmarked the thread, ;D

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,
and touches my dreams. - Harry Chapin

Silverfyre

Same here! Great thinking, Mith.

Rozel

I have in the past used the Stalk Bookmark Feature when following a story I have found interesting. I do love that feature, not just for my own story-finding ease, but as stated, for others that I like as well.

When I lay my head on the pillow at night, I can say I was a decent person today. That's when I feel beautiful.
My Ons and Offs: ~♠Funs, Not so Funs and Maybes with Roz♠~
Musings and Thoughts: 𓆩*𓆪Available Stories𓆩*𓆪
Sorry: ~~A/A's~~
{Slow return, its been a while. }

LunarSage

Mith, is that thread for sharing completed stories only?

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Oreo

No, it is for both finished and works in progress.

She led me to safety in a forest of green, and showed my stale eyes some sights never seen.
She spins magic and moonlight in her meadows and streams, and seeks deep inside me,

LunarSage

▫  A.A  ▫  O.O  ▫  Find & Seek   ▫ 

Oreo

No problem and you're welcome. Might be kind of cool to have a Follow function like on Twitter for stories. I like my bookmarks just for my own RPs.

Drax

Mithlomwen, thanks you , that's perfect, and thank you for all the advice as well, some of which I already follow.
My Absences

21 May - May be less around over the next few days as moving house and a lack of internet might restrict.

On's and Off's

Should be able to post at least once per week and its often far more frequent