The Cul de Sac

Started by Airindel, May 16, 2008, 12:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Airindel

Looking at interest for the following...

It is a game bred between Stepford Wives and Desperate Housewives.

In the 1950s, in a quiet town in a white picket fence cul de sac, there are married and single neighbours. The men all work at the same business office, play golf together, have drinks while grilling and the women tend to the house and family, play tennis, and drink tea. To the outside world, all the neighbours appear normal, but behind closed doors, affairs occur, blackmail, emotions of jealousy, and fetishes are explored. For one couple to the cul de sac, newly moved to the neighbourhood, they become drawn into this world of appearances and deception, and lives are changed forever.

If anybody is interested please state so here so that Sherona and I can plot this further out together.

Thank you.
Lips that taste of tears, they say,
Are the best for kissing
~Dorothy Parker

Preferences

akrasia

I'm very interested in this setting, and I have a couple of character ideas, but am not wedded to any one.  I can PM you or vice versa...

Lirliel

*Writes my name down* Consider me Interested.
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Sherona

*woots* For interest :D We (Airindel and myself) are still fleshing out details, but you are more then welcome to pm one of us Akrasia with ideas for character or for plot issues :)

Modified: Totally misspelled Airindel's name grr.

Ariabella

*pokes hand up* I'm interested.
Read my ons/offs. Want to one-on-one? PM with ideas

Ons and Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=42859.0

http://rh.greydawn.net/browse.php?c=Ariabella

Sherona

Airindel and I would also like to see full character descriptions from those who are interested in joining :)

We would like to see PC Husbands and wives rather then one person playing both Husband and Wife.

Also any Major NPC (non-main player that sticks around for longer then 3-4 posts) be played by Airindel or Myself. There will be One , the MailMan, that is NPC and is kindof the KNow All character (because I guess he is a peeping tom :P heehhee) that one of us wll be taking care of :D

MagicalPen

I could be interested in this one.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Sherona

We do need more people willing to play Male characters :)

Sherona

There seems to be a bit of confusion about the time period this story is set in :) Several have sent in character descriptions because they dd not realize itwas literally set in the 1950's.

Piercings and tattoos (particularly on women) were not really common place. Ear piercings possibly, but most of what i have read and seen they still used mostly clipon "ear bobs".

Men might have tattoos if they spent time in the armed forces, but these would not be overly done, nor would they be lewd or even what would be considered 'popular' today. Most armed forces tats were generally just platoons/company insignia, perhaps a tasteful tatoo and were usually in spots easily covered.

Jester

Hi,

I am interested. I am guessing that this will be outward appearing normality and in reality there will be deviancy of some sort?

Sherona

Airindel and I were thinking that outwardly everything would seem great, and 'normal' (for the 1950's remember) and a great neighborhood to join. However once one scratches the surface there will be a world of deciept and blackmail, lies, and fetishes...

Jester

Sounds interesting.

Is there a twist? is it the women that control it rather than the men?

Sherona

Its basically a small story, that revolves around a neighborhood of families. Any twists are thrown in by either tthe NPC's Airindel and I will throw in the mix, or by the PC characters themselves. For instance we have someone who is already looking to play the quiet housewife who is into submission and Dominance behind the door to her bedroom..

A nifty little thing, perhaps her neighbor's pool boy sees her? What would everyone think?? What would she and her husband (we want pc husband and wives) do to keep him quiet? :) That sort of thing. Just think of it like E.'s very own Soap Opera :P

Marquis

*neatly signs in his name*

I like the two-faced style of this story, presenting the question of what is real and what is false in nearly every setting. :) -- I'm defiantly interested.
"Awaken to darkness on this place we call Earth, one vampire's bite brings another one's birth. A vampire wakes with blood thirsty needs, on the warm rich sensation he feels when he feeds. He stalks in the night like a disastrous beast, and what once was alive will soon be deceased. So when the last bit of sunlight disappears from the sky, you better watch out unless you want to die."
-Victoria Boatwright

Ons & Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=14733.0

Caeli

I'd definitely be interested, but only as a brief cameo. ;] Let me know if such an opportunity comes up - I'll keep up with the story, though, because it seems altogether quite fascinating.
ʙᴜᴛᴛᴇʀғʟɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɢᴏᴅ's ᴘʀᴏᴏғ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ᴄᴀɴ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀ sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴀᴛ ʟɪғᴇ
ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴇʟᴇᴄᴛɪᴠᴇʟʏ ᴀᴠᴀɪʟᴀʙʟᴇ ғᴏʀ ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴏʟᴇᴘʟᴀʏs

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ❋ ғᴏʀ ɪᴅᴇᴀs; 'ø' ғᴏʀ ᴏɴs&ᴏғғs, ᴏʀ ᴘᴍ ᴍᴇ.
{ø 𝕨 
  𝕒 }
»  ᴇʟʟɪᴡʀɪᴍᴏ
»  ᴄʜᴏᴏsᴇ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴏᴡɴ ᴀᴅᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ғɪғᴛʜ sᴄʜᴏʟᴀʀʟʏ ᴀʀᴛ
»  ひらひらと舞い散る桜に 手を伸ばすよ
»  ᴘʟᴏᴛ ʙᴜɴɴɪᴇs × sᴛᴏʀʏ sᴇᴇᴅs × ᴄʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ ɪɴsᴘɪʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

Sherona

*bounces* yaay for interest, :D Feel free to pm me and Airindel any character profiles :D

Temari Cruelty

Count moi in as well Sherona-Sensei ^^

You don't mind me calling you that, do ya?

Hehe
Disarm me, I will arise
Harm me, I will arise
Dismember me, I will arise
Kill me, I will arise
I am the one you fear;
I am the wilted rose...
I am Death

Methos

This could be interesting and rather different from what I've been up to of late. Subject of course to fleshing out all the details I'd be interested.
"Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day."

Ons and offs https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13590

Airindel

I was and still am experiencing some back & neck muscle issues, and so I took a break from writing this week seeing how my arm was numb, but alas, Sherona and I would like a final head count for this game so we can begin to further develop it. Thank you.

Are the best for kissing
~Dorothy Parker

Preferences

Lirliel

As you both know, I'm up for it :)
"Jealousy would be far less torturous if we understood that love is a passion entirely unrelated to our merits."

"A minute of perfection was worth the effort. A moment was the most you could ever expect from perfection."

Sherona

Oh and please state if your ok with a female playing a male role being paired with your female character. We are running low on men to our women so I will probably be taking up a male character and do not want to put anyone one in an uncomfy situation :)

Airindel

Everyone is flesh and blood!  :)

I used Stepford Wives for the 'perfect housewife' example... perfect hair, perfect pearl necklace and perfect clothing...toddling about in heels doing housework.  *Glances at clothing*...in comparison to me with torn paint stained jeans, doc martens, and a dull deep red t shirt, with a mop of hair pinned up recklessly. LOL.
Are the best for kissing
~Dorothy Parker

Preferences

Airindel

Some real life issues have cropped up and are demanding some time, and we regret to say that we must postpone this game for now.

Thank you all who have expressed interest, and we hope to be in touch with you in the future regarding this game concept.

Cheers,
Airindel
Are the best for kissing
~Dorothy Parker

Preferences

gideonblake

You can count me in for this when the game gets made. :D

Jester

i think you will find this game wont start....