A Game of Superheroes (Two Heroes needed, villains and others welcome)

Started by Primarch, October 02, 2011, 05:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CarnivorousBunny

Hm, I'm thinking about sending in a villain character of my own. Are you still accepting female villains?

I could make her a big-time criminal, but she will be more chaotic neutral than any sort of evil alignment.
my  o&o and a&a
Current Status: Back on E, but still busy.
Sworn to the Oath of the Drake.

Primarch

With the approval of Maelyn's character via PM (Watts) all positions of the Eight are filled. (Sorry Kate, if you'd like to redesign her as a villain you'd be welcome).

Quote from: CarnivorousBunny on October 05, 2011, 10:54:28 AM
Hm, I'm thinking about sending in a villain character of my own. Are you still accepting female villains?
I could make her a big-time criminal, but she will be more chaotic neutral than any sort of evil alignment.

You'd be absolutely welcome.

Primarch

OOC is up

As is the Character page, approved peeps feel free to post up. ((Yo DomShark, just edit the end of his history and he'll be good to go))

Decrepitdan

Would you be willing to tinker with the idea of a villain whose power was superhuman luck?

I realize the idea isn't very common...but i'd be willing to work with whomever to make it be playable in this game.

I think some hard limits on it would be relatively simple. Any thing that happens as a result of the villains powers to another character would have to be agreed on out of game.

It would also not necessarily always work. Sometimes, even the luckiest luck out. I think these occasions could be determined by rolling some sort of dice in the OOC thread for a given encounter, if the die came up a given result...bad luck would be written in for the character.

Primarch

That would be easy enough actually. Take a look at Marvel Comics Domino, might give you an idea or two.

Decrepitdan

*grins* Alright. In what other ways would you suggest to add limitations to the power itself, so that it's fair?

And what sort of odds would you use on the die roll? It obviously can't be too long of odds, or it would never come up in a role play at all. I was thinking...a 10 percent chance of bad luck. 5 percent chance of a minor setback, 5 percent chance of a terrible setback. Determined by rolling either a 1 or a 20 a die 20 perhaps?

Primarch

Sure, you could do something like that, if you don't trust yourself to freeform it. :P

CarnivorousBunny

I'm thinking about creating a super villain that is a manifestation of negative energy.
This villain will be like a ghost/banshee that cannot be destroyed with brute strength, but that is only during her first growth stage. 
At first, she is only a nuisance, coming out at night while the host is asleep, breaking a few windows and petrifying a few people for a few hours.  Even if the heroes cannot hurt her, they don't mind too much because she does no real damage, but slowly this energy is becoming an entity, growing more powerful each night. 

What this battle would be is a race against the clock, trying to find out what the banshee is, then who it's spawning from, and how to finally stop her from reappearing before she becomes powerful enough to, say, drain peoples' life forces.

I'm also thinking that eventually the negative energy will fully consume the host if the heroes cannot find her in time.
OR maybe I could just jump to the end, and the clock has already stopped and the character is already a super villain.
my  o&o and a&a

Kate

ok will redesign her as a villy :)

Tomrrow ok ?

I will keep her code name as whisperer ... and that she is a telekinisies master.

Any other villy want to already know her ? / have had dealings with her in the past ?

rocknrolla

I'm in the process of creating mine; definitely up for meshing as that would add a nice, coherent ardour.
People ask the question... what's a RocknRolla? And I tell 'em - it's not about drums, drugs, and hospital drips, oh no. There's more there than that, my friend. We all like a bit of the good life - some the money, some the drugs, other the sex game, the glamour, or the fame. But a RocknRolla, oh, he's different. Why? Because a real RocknRolla wants the fucking lot.

A/As (Updated 1/30)

CarnivorousBunny

The Person

Name: Margaret Abaya
Nationality: Filipino
Day job: Self-Employed pasty chief
Personality: Margaret has been described as a sweet, and intelligent girl.  She has a strong sense of duty, and has a tendency to want to please people, even at her own expense. There is no denying her simplicity.  She claims that she feels no need to make a name for herself in any field, as long as she has a roof over her head and food in her belly, she is says that she will be content with her life. 

One of the reasons Margaret became a pastry chief was because she enjoys putting smiles on people’s faces.  She also feels the constant need to create things.  Before she settled down in the kitchen she pursued sculpture, pottery and sewing.
Despite her compulsion to make people happy, there is something that people pick up on, something that keeps them from sticking around her for too long.

What people sense is Margaret’s other half: a detached, anti-social, and self-centered personality. If she could, she would live on her own, in a place without any human contact.  She tries to deny it, but in truth, Margaret is afraid of people. Somewhere deep inside her, under her quiet and timid consciousness is a festering resentment for the world and all the selfishness and greed in it.

Backstory: This hatred of hers did not come from hardships in life.  As a matter of fact, Margaret comes from a very rich family.  Her hate and distrust for people most likely spawned from her being raised in a very safe environment. 
When she saw what happened outside the safety of her own home, she was shocked and disgusted by the behavior of people: their apathy towards the environment, greed, racism, and every other ugly word you can think of.

Consciously, Margaret turned away from politics and tries to avoid watching news of current events because it only upsets her and aggravates the ugly twisty feeling inside her, but that is not the case when she goes to bed.

Once asleep, Margaret’s second personality is let loose to do as it pleases.  It started out as nothing more than an annoying ghost with no form, scaring people and simply making a lot of noise, but as time passed it seemed to grow stronger.  This ghost-like entity first became able to break brittle objects like glass and ceramics.  Then it gained the power to petrify people for a couple of hours, but the time of effect is getting longer and longer.

What was once a nuisance is now a threat.  The simple ghost has become a cruel banshee, with a singular purpose to destroy everything in it’s path, and with each night its rampages have been increasing in both intensity and duration, and the hours Margaret is fully conscious and awake seem to be getting shorter and shorter.
Appearance:
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

The Villain

Codename: The Wraith
Powers:
Ghost Form She cannot be harmed by physical attacks and cannot be contained by physical restrains, but she is also unable to inflict melee damage.
Banshee Wail A strong, ear splitting cry that can shatter glass. Splash damage.
Prettification The power to paralyze a person.  The duration of paralysis depends on the person’s will power.
Flight
Weakness: In its early stages, this ghost’s actions are chaotic and driven by pure anger and fury, making it weak against mental and telepathic powers.  It is easily distracted and duped.  Its level of power is directly proportional to Margaret’s mood and health, and can only manifest when Margaret is asleep.
Skills: Baking, pottery, analyzing human behavior, a sociopath's ability to lie and manipulate people.
Special Equipment: None
Costume: None.  In this point in time, the Wraith has a more solid form and vaguely resembles Margaret, but the facial features still shift and swim in the air like smoke.  The wraith has no real definite body shape.
my  o&o and a&a

Kate

The Person

Name: Shae Onarah
Nationality: English
Job: Head of Fertility clinic
Appearance: Very similar to Liv Tyler

Lifestyle

Currently she heads a Fertility clinic that specializes in designer babies she quickly established after realizing when she focuses her powers through a microscope she can perform intricate gene changes to stem-cells which direct specific genes. Such blatant and direct use of human genes to the elevation of options to those with money is unethical to all who have any ethics at all.

Shae's ethics however depends on how much money her bank account can be lined with.

The Villian

Code Name: Whisper
Powers: Prodigious Telekinesis Mastery (she can manipulate matter her mind at a distance)
Weakness: No armor
Skills: Expert Medical knowledge concerning genes and stem cells, painting.
Special Equipment: None
Costume : None

Background and Personality

Even placing her desire to milk while feeding the ambitions, elitism and vanity of rich people at the clinic aside, Shae has a dark soul set on becoming as black as pitch. For while fooling with a oougie board at a party once, in the attempt to scare those who were dealing with forces they did not understand,
she ... contacted something else. A true poltergeist, a truly powerful one.  But it wasnt something sort to play her game against her, it was a spirit that relates to her, loves her and choose to link its own poltergeist abilities to hers.   A spirit which is power hungry, proud and wanting to make a statement on this world, one her values have been changing to match. Weeks after doing so she had became more blatant with her own incredibly improved powers. Coupled with a good imagination and a belief she deserves to be more relevant than others, is a fast path to be proven right or wrong either way ... quickly.

Latooni Subota

This is for the guy that wants a luck-based Villain. With the power of luck, you too can be BATMAN! :O

supernatural dean is batman
ONs and OFFs be here: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=64984.0

If I'm needed to post somewhere, PLEASE PM me about it. Sometimes I lose track of threads and need to be reminded about things.

Primarch

Right, KaylaM has stepped out so we have one hero spot open! First app in approvable condition gets it. (That includes you Kate, if you want to go back to hero which you are of course welcome to do. Just actually follow the template, no merging personality and backstory, and give me a figure on how much she can lift with her telekinesis, in tons please, or pounds if she can't lift a ton).

CarnivorousBunny

Is my villain in acceptable condition, or would you prefer an opponent that one could actually brawl with?
my  o&o and a&a

Altair1983

Im interested but im just wondering what criteria are you looking for  the other slots?

Primarch

Quote from: CarnivorousBunny on October 06, 2011, 08:07:17 PM
Is my villain in acceptable condition, or would you prefer an opponent that one could actually brawl with?

Fine for the most part, just give her a weakness that's more of an achillies heal.

Quote from: Altair1983 on October 06, 2011, 08:24:05 PM
Im interested but im just wondering what criteria are you looking for  the other slots?

I'm not looking for anything specific, all I'd advise is that you use the currently approved characters and perhaps some notes I've pointed out to people to work out what's appropriate for the game.

CarnivorousBunny

my  o&o and a&a

Kate

so... happy to be a villion or the hero ...

which would help plot most ?

Primarch

Quote from: CarnivorousBunny on October 07, 2011, 10:45:33 AM
Okie dokie, I edited it and I think it now has a big weakness

Looks good, go ahead and post it up.

Quote from: Kate on October 07, 2011, 12:59:08 PM
so... happy to be a villion or the hero ...
which would help plot most ?

Either are useful.

Miyu

Aybara

I think so but not entirely a hundred percent sure, no harm in putting something up if I am wrong!

Miyu

I will rather wait and see for primach to tell me hehe I done a few profiles only to be neglected because they were full lol

Maelyn

Last I heard, Primarch said the next approvable hero would get the slot, though I'm not sure if he's gotten anything via PM.  I think Kate was considering going back to hero or might stay villain and Altair mentioned an interest as well.
There are other positions, if you're interested.  Journalists, villains, etc. 

Miyu

*Shrugs* who knows hehehe I don't have a hurry I can wait for him ^^