Interest Check - Power Rangers

Started by Kadigan, November 07, 2013, 07:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yukina

Quote from: apygoos on November 11, 2013, 03:55:37 PM
so i look up "cosmic rangers"
they apaprently already exist in japan.
since is a predominantly female team, ill hold off and see what colors are swipped :)
inthe meantime*keeps looking through custom ranger suits*

Those are the suits of Gosei Sentai Dairanger. They were a sentai on based Chinese martial arts. It's also the series where Saban got the thunder zord footage from.

MaiMizzu

If Im gonna be one of the baddies, I feel the need to point something out. And if this knocks me out of contention.. well okay.
I'm more or less here for more the story part, not the sexual part. As a good friend said, I dont want it to become oversexualized for me. My character will be cruel, she'll be mean usually, and maybe she'll get a crush on someone. But the really sexual stuff, for me, is left to like the relationships and the intimacy involved in them.
Like I siad, doesnt mean I will never do anything sexual or anything. But the circumstances have to be right for me. It's been a bit since I've played a baddie, but I do enjoy it. For my characters, sexual torture or what not doesn't usually work. Or feeling up an enemy just to do it. If that's how you wanna do it, then by all means.

Really looking forward to getting our game on it's feet though. Really looking forward to getting my girl going!

~Ash
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Darwishi

Well whatever floats your boat. They were just ideas anyway, I may float the idea of playing a baddie then or else maybe someone that she turns? Or maybe not, I dunno, super tired right now cause of lack of sleep so I may feel different when I'm fully alert and awake.

I personally feel that story and sex don't have to be mutually exclusive.  Seems like a lot of people on the site do, it's either straight story, or straight smut/sex... which I feel like there could be an interesting mix of the two in a single character.  Not so unlike a character I'd described earlier, cruelty in a sex kind of way is super interesting to me, which is why I kind of brought up maybe playing one of the baddies if it were to mean bringing out a more sexual story element.  For example, not a tentacle creature. =P Just a villain or villainess that's confident and has no problem getting under someone's skin by doing some naughty touching.  To me, that adds a lot to the story if the team has that to contend with all the time. 

I figured the baddie crush on a goodie would be an excellent excuse to feel one character up a bit more than the others.  Annnyyway, like I said, it's cool.

More I think about it, even if it's not mine, could be really fun if she succeeds in turning one or two of the rangers temporarily. ^_^

apygoos

*counts* there's 6 of us, funny enough. a nearly perfect number. im still thinking of any other potential concepts that might be more awesome than constelations.

Batman4560

O.K. So here is what I am thinking...

MaiMizzu- You're idea is great. But instead of starting her off as a good guy that turns evil let me run this by you.
Instead what if her powers were born from evil but the creator of the powers only had the energy on hand to make one morpher for the dark powers and thus you are naturally stronger. We will start you off with something called the "Lights of Orion" On top of that you will be a better trained fighter thus forcing the rangers to learn to work together fast on the battle field. Also they will have to find the other five lights of Orion to overcome you're character so that by the time they do you will all be on the same level.

Yukina

Quote from: Batman4560 on November 11, 2013, 09:59:07 PM
O.K. So here is what I am thinking...

MaiMizzu- You're idea is great. But instead of starting her off as a good guy that turns evil let me run this by you.
Instead what if her powers were born from evil but the creator of the powers only had the energy on hand to make one morpher for the dark powers and thus you are naturally stronger. We will start you off with something called the "Lights of Orion" On top of that you will be a better trained fighter thus forcing the rangers to learn to work together fast on the battle field. Also they will have to find the other five lights of Orion to overcome you're character so that by the time they do you will all be on the same level.

What a lovely Lost Galaxy callback, Batman. :)

Batman4560

Yeah the concepts being tossed around really screamed "Lost Galaxy" and "In Space" to me.

Yukina

Quote from: Batman4560 on November 11, 2013, 10:57:38 PM
Yeah the concepts being tossed around really screamed "Lost Galaxy" and "In Space" to me.

Wonderful. :)

HeavenAbove

Batman4560

Again I could use some input on what suits you guys want. Also if anyone wants to co-gm I would be happy to take the help.

Yukina

Quote from: Batman4560 on November 12, 2013, 02:12:27 AM
Again I could use some input on what suits you guys want. Also if anyone wants to co-gm I would be happy to take the help.

Quote from: Yugishogun on November 11, 2013, 02:05:02 AM
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

These suits from this pic look great. :) Maybe your picture from reply #36 could be their mid-season upgrade.

My input.

HeavenAbove

One of those times I wish my drawing skills were a lot better haha. I don't have a specific preference on the suits, to be honest.

Batman4560

Well...is there maybe one you don't like?

Darwishi

I'm getting a collection of possible suits together.  Most are of just women so we'd have to imagine what the guys' costumes would look like under similar design.

EDIT: Okay so in the spoiler are pictures of costumes.  I think they're all SFW but they come from a site that is very NSFW just a heads up. ^_^  Added numbers and stuff too for easy picks of which ones you like.  For example my top-three in order are, 1, 20, and 8. 1 being my most favorite.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

1) Personal favorite
Same suit as above, NSFW

2)

3)

4)   

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)    

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

18)

19)

20)

21)

22)

EDIT x2: This is the girl I'm thinking of using for my character. So far all I really have is early to mid twenties and that she's a fitness coach/personal trainer.

MaiMizzu

I think alot ofthose look real good. But I think i would agree that 20 is one of the best.
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Batman4560

I agree about 20 being the best, kinda reminds me of Mystic Force.

Yukina

Quote from: Batman4560 on November 12, 2013, 05:26:17 PM
I agree about 20 being the best, kinda reminds me of Mystic Force.

I third that emotion.

Batman4560

So does a mix between Mystic Force and Lost Galaxy work for everyone?

MaiMizzu

Instead what if her powers were born from evil but the creator of the powers only had the energy on hand to make one morpher for the dark powers and thus you are naturally stronger.
I'm down for her power to be naturally 'evil'. But will that afford her the chance to eventually become good? And in regards to her being naturally stronger.. I was gonna suggest that, But I didnt wanna turn anyone else off. Like 'why does she get to be so powerful' kinda thing, ya know?

We will start you off with something called the "Lights of Orion" On top of that you will be a better trained fighter thus forcing the rangers to learn to work together fast on the battle field. Also they will have to find the other five lights of Orion to overcome you're character so that by the time they do you will all be on the same level.

So tyhe lights of orion are like.. some kind of power source or something? Or some artifact?

Also, I was kind of thinking maybe she could have like dark purple/black armor, better representing her baddie side. Be cool if she could be called 'Dark Star' heh. I been loking for stylized purple armor for her, since i know she can be a lil different than the good rangers and all. I almost even considered using the female guyver hehe

catherinehellfire

I'd be interested as a ranger. If I play I'd probably want to be one of those that aren't part of the team right away.  I'm up for being another baddie ranger or a neutral one who joins them.
If sex was a roller-coaster, I'd ride it over and over again.

Absences: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=261213.0

Batman4560

Can you turn good? I point you to this...Tommy Oliver, Hunter Bradley, Blake Bradley, Katherine Hillard, Karone, Ryan Mitchell, Merric baliton, Trent Fernandez, so on and so forth. All were evil and became good.

Yes the lights of Orion are a power source that upgrade weapons the rangers already have but we can change it to tailor to the game for other uses as well.

Batman4560

Quote from: catherinehellfire on November 12, 2013, 06:04:47 PM
I'd be interested as a ranger. If I play I'd probably want to be one of those that aren't part of the team right away.  I'm up for being another baddie ranger or a neutral one who joins them.

I won't turn away a potential player feel free to put up you're input on ideas for suits and the like while I figure out how many players we have and how to start.

Yukina

Quote from: Batman4560 on November 12, 2013, 05:38:30 PM
So does a mix between Mystic Force and Lost Galaxy work for everyone?

Sounds great. :)

catherinehellfire

I think I like the suits from posts 36 and 41 the most.  Also I think my weapon would be a bow and my powers would be based off of Saggitarius
If sex was a roller-coaster, I'd ride it over and over again.

Absences: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=261213.0

Batman4560

And where would you guys like to post the OOC Thread?