Superheroes ~ SHIELD vs. Hydra (Looking for feedback and questions;running soon)

Started by persephone325, May 02, 2015, 06:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

persephone325

The Sheriff is voted publicly by all the players. It's someone who can break a tie during the lynching of the day phases, if there happens to be one. It has no special powers or anything. I merely added it on the list so I wouldn't forget to have the vote for it in the first day of the game. (Which I've done before. XD)
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Asphodel Terrarium

Ceralilly

Quote from: Asphodel Terrarium on May 08, 2015, 12:02:12 AM
:D Alright, thanks for the clarification.

It seems confusing unti you play it. I just ended my first and I assure you it's much more easy than it looks. ^-^
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

Galactic Druid

I do have a few questions, though;

Is Pierce the only one who decides who the hydra agents attack, if he's the one in charge? If not, how is he different from a regular hydra agent?

Also, how exactly does Bucky work? I understood the mechanics, but what's to stop him just PMing every last player until he gets a PM that he's a good guy?
A/As last updated 11/27 - Halfway past busy season!

persephone325

Quote from: ThatRPGuy on May 13, 2015, 02:40:38 PM
I do have a few questions, though;

Is Pierce the only one who decides who the hydra agents attack, if he's the one in charge? If not, how is he different from a regular hydra agent?

Also, how exactly does Bucky work? I understood the mechanics, but what's to stop him just PMing every last player until he gets a PM that he's a good guy?

Pierce is the lead guy. If he wants to kill a different player, then his decision overrules what the other bad guys want. Even if Rumlow wants to use his special attack. His underlings concede to his wishes.

With Bucky, he has to be in an alliance with Steve. From my experience in previous mafia games, not everyone is quick to jump into an alliance right off the bat. There's too many unknowns, especially in the beginning of the game. I think of this role as something similar to the Executioner role in Towns of Salem. Except instead of getting his target lynched, he has to form an alliance/pact with them in order to win.
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Galactic Druid

I'm not sure I'm 100% sold on Pierce. I mean, if he can even instruct his allies when to use their own abilities, having that ability isn't going to be too special for it's user, and having the entire "evil" team decide together is one of the things that makes mafia work so well.

persephone325

Well with my games, I always like to have a "leader" type of role among the bad guys.
I don't know.

Ceralilly

Quote from: persephone325 on May 14, 2015, 03:33:16 PM
Well with my games, I always like to have a "leader" type of role among the bad guys.

So if you're a baddie, then you don't vote what you think is best, but as a hive mind? Or...Talking orders so to speak?

I am a bit confused on this...:-/ I wouldn't want to be limited in my strategy if I were just to be typing out what another player PMed me to say, so I think I am way on the wrong page with how I am interpreting this...*Damn newbie mind*
I am the Mistress of Hearts, the Consort of Broken Ones, the Lover of Lost Souls, and the Queen of Goodbyes

Madame Professor

Quote from: Ceralilly on May 14, 2015, 03:48:41 PM
So if you're a baddie, then you don't vote what you think is best, but as a hive mind? Or...Talking orders so to speak?

I am a bit confused on this...:-/ I wouldn't want to be limited in my strategy if I were just to be typing out what another player PMed me to say, so I think I am way on the wrong page with how I am interpreting this...*Damn newbie mind*

No, I definitely agree with Ceralilly. Having someone who can control one side of the board completely, regardless of their team's actions, isn't really in the spirit of a mafia game, in my opinion.

And, I think I'll be backing out, actually. These games are suppose to be about cooperation within the teams. Double Agents I can understand, but having one person have the say for the whole team doesn't appeal to me.

But good luck with the game!
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

Ceralilly

Quote from: Madame Professor on May 14, 2015, 04:14:03 PM
No, I definitely agree with Ceralilly. Having someone who can control one side of the board completely, regardless of their team's actions, isn't really in the spirit of a mafia game, in my opinion.

And, I think I'll be backing out, actually. These games are suppose to be about cooperation within the teams. Double Agents I can understand, but having one person have the say for the whole team doesn't appeal to me.

But good luck with the game!

Yeah if this will be the theme, I don't think it would keep my interest, but stay true to your gut! have a good one all!

yugi006

I'll still stick around but that type of role is not appealing to me.

Blythe

Perhaps Pierce's role could be modified? Perhaps the baddies can vote on who they want to kill, but if they cannot come to an agreement or it's a tie, then Pierce makes the call? ^^; (Sort of like an eeevil Sheriff?)

I'm still in, by the way.  :-)

yugi006

Or maybe have his ability to override everyone only once a game?

Blythe

Quote from: yugi006 on May 14, 2015, 06:47:13 PM
Or maybe have his ability to override everyone only once a game?

I could go along with this. *nodnod*

Galactic Druid

Cera's concerns were exactly why I voiced my own. I think Yugi and Blythe have some good ideas. My suggestion would be to have him be more of a recruiter than a leader, override the attack and flipping an agent of your choice.

persephone325

That's why I posted here. I was specifically looking for questions and feedback. (As stated in the title.) So people could give suggestions on what they would like to improve, or change, to make the game more fun. Nothing is set in stone, so every time I run a game I'm able to improve it and make it better next time. But I can't do that if people back out because something isn't to their liking and they don't think I'll change it. (No offense. I've had extremely difficult players in the past, so this is particularly exhausting for me.)

I'm not a controlling and anal GM about everything. What I've posted isn't the end all and be all of the roles.

In another game, I had implemented Blythe's suggestion for the "lead" bad guy role. If the bad guy team couldn't decide on who to kill/attack, or they were split between two people, then the "lead" bad guy would make the decision for them.

If you guys are familiar with ToS, you'd see the similarities between my original idea for Pierce and the Godfather for the mafia side. The mafioso can chose a target, but the GF (if he chooses) can direct the mafioso to kill/attack a different target.
I don't know.

EmyKat

I have interest and I'm just kinda excited :3 partially cause I'm a comic nerd... *cough* I've been into superheroes since I was a little girl ^^ My favorite was always deadpool <3 in terms of good guys, and bad Poison Ivy :P but I love so many that it's like @-@ So this is awesome <3 Hawkeye is also bae ^^
My Ons and Offs <3 They are still being added on... Seeing that I'm kind of a scatter brain sometimes~
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=226265.msg11107629#msg11107629

Ceralilly

For the record: im not backing out. Lol

Just wanted to allow for creative discussion without too much newbie input.

Xoxo

persephone325

Quote from: Ceralilly on May 15, 2015, 09:13:43 AM
For the record: im not backing out. Lol

Just wanted to allow for creative discussion without too much newbie input.

Xoxo

I apologize. I had just gotten home from a long night of dancing/working (not how it sounds, I assure you. lol) so I must have misread.
I don't know.

Ceralilly

Quote from: persephone325 on May 15, 2015, 03:00:37 PM
I apologize. I had just gotten home from a long night of dancing/working (not how it sounds, I assure you. lol) so I must have misread.

No apologies necessary dear. I assure you, I felt no grumpiness, but I did want to make sure you didn't think I was pulling out just yet. ^_^

persephone325

I don't know.