Dead mouse spring?

Started by Oniya, February 05, 2012, 04:48:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

I've recently started having a problem where my mouse 'de-clicks' and 're-clicks' in the middle of what I'm doing.  This can result in it not highlighting what I want it to, switch from resizing a window to drawing all over the 'canvas' I was resizing, dropping things in the wrong place, double-clicking where I wanted to single-click, etc.  It's an optical mouse, so there's no easy access to the insides, but I was wondering if anyone has any idea if this can be fixed.  For the moment, I've enabled 'Click-Lock', so I can at least ensure that my click-drags don't get interrupted, but that doesn't even always 'take'  (It takes a couple 'click-hold' passes before it engages.)
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Vekseid

Is this as in the physical mouse button itself is messing up or do you think it might be software?

Oniya

I'm pretty sure it's the physical mouse.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

jouzinka

I'm afraid, Oni, that these are the first signs that say your mouse is dying. :-\ I recently had it happen with my laser one and it's become very annoying and would only deteriorate. I don't think there can be any quick fix. You need a new mouse.
Story status: Not Available
Life Status: Just keep swimming...
Working on: N/A

Oniya

I was afraid of that.  Oh well.  The 'Click-Lock' is helping until I can get to a place to get a new one.