Mortal Kombat Redux (New players welcome!)

Started by Inerrant Lust, September 14, 2013, 08:50:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inerrant Lust

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Backstory

It is 1577, a hundred years have passed since the first human champion of the Mortal Kombat Tournament was killed by Goro in the Mortal Kombat Tournament. Now, the Thunder Lord Raiden has searched all of Earthrealm looking for the most powerful mortal warriors of Earth; the braves of the Native Americas, the Samurai of Japan, the Chinese masters of Wu Shu, The Hashashin within the Ottoman Empire, the Knights of Europe, the Kshatriya warring the Mughals. Anyone and everyone who can represent their world against the might of Shao Kahn's warriors. The petty conflicts between individuals and nations would mean nothing if Shao Kahn was allowed to descend upon Earthrealm. For against an evil like this, every mortal must put aside their differences for the sake of the world they share.

Test your RPing!
You may make and play as many characters as you want. Most of the iconic humans of Mortal Kombat (Sonya, Johnny Cage, ect.) are not alive in this timeline, that's where your characters come in. You may also play some of the canon characters (Jade, Kitana, ect.) though I'll handle the big movers and shakers that keep the plot moving- Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung, and Raiden.

Characters need not even be participating in the tournament. They could be there for their own reasons (Shao Kahn kidnapped my X! I have to take revenge on Y!) and I would ideally prefer that sort of thing as much as possible to avoid bogging the RP down with just fighting, which I'll explain below.

The fights will be determined largely through OOC. If you don't want to have a certain character die... I can throw a disposable NPC at them for a round. If two players want their characters to duke it out, just ask and that will be arranged. I leave it up to the players to talk to one another and determine who would lose or win, even if it comes down to a coin-toss... and it should be noted that one needs not always kill a defeated opponent.

For the most part, I don't want the 'action' of the actual fights to dominate the RP. A post or two depicting the actual duel is fine- but I'd expect the bulk of the RP to be about things happening inbetween the fights. Namely, things like Outworld trying to dick over the human contestants as much as possible, gratuitous sex, attempts to do crazy shit with the souls of defeated warriors, ect.

In essence, I want to see as many plotlines outside of the tournament as possible!

Get Ready!
IC and OOC, characters can challenge one another freely. Other times, Outworld presents a fighter to battle Earthworld's champions... which basically means that if we don't have any pairings OOC, I'll randomly pick two people IC. Some characters are not active participants but may still present and accept challenges. Characters can attack one another outside of the official tournament as well, though this is a grey area of the rules.

Out-of-character, players can decide between themselves who they'd like to fight. Otherwise I will match-make randomly. If you have any preferences, let me know so that I can take that in account (I'll straight-up exempt certain characters from fighting if they request it... for example, if the players' O/Os conflict like heterosexual male and homosexual female.)

Fight!
Fights may be concluded one of two ways;
A mutual agreement between players.
A coin-toss adjudicated by me. I'll PM the winner, or both players if they'd like to coordinate in the RP.

Finish him!
At the end of a fight, if the winner presses their advantage, the Kombatants each have two options available to them.

Fatality: The winner kills the loser.
Sexuality: The loser either offers up their body in return for their life or the winner takes it by force. The winner may perform a fatality regardless but only with the loser's OOC permission.
Hara-Kari: The loser kills themselves rather than subject themselves to their opponent's whims.

A Hara-Kari overrides a Sexuality which overrides a Fatality. Losers who survive are eliminated from the tournament, but not the RP. They may be dragged into the plotting and scheming that occurs outside of the tournament proper.

One more thing!
This won't be an RP about just the fights. That's just a plot device... it's my hope that we have a whole bunch of other things going on beyond the ladder tournament that provides for the basic premise of the story. Rivalries, plots, schemes, ect.

Example Sheet

Ayumi
Profession: Onna-bugeisha
Origin: Earthrealm (Japan)
Resides: Earthrealm
Species: Human
Weapons: Naginata, Katana, Wakazishi
Fighting Style: Nihon Koryū Jūjutsu
Alignment: Good

About Ayumi: Born into a wealthy family possessing of a long and fruitful Samurai ancestry, Ayumi was raised with the modicrum of martial arts expected of a noble lady. She was expected to marry, and she did her duty as a young woman. Her husband was a minor daimyo that fought Oda Nobunaga to his eventual demise. After her husband took his own life in shame while she was still engaged in battle, Ayumi chose not follow him into the afterlife. Instead, she fought bitterly to victory, turning the tides and managing to maintain her husband's sovereignty just a little while longer.

Again and again she pushed back the enemies of her fallen husband. Again and again she refused truce and marriage. Though she was was the most formidable warrior on the field of battle, Ayumi's lands were indefensible, her soldiers undisciplined and her castle walls weak. The only thing that preserved her was that every attempt to seize her lands was countered by the heavens themselves. Thunder and rain ruined the gunpowder of her enemies, morning mist obscured their ranks and confused them at the most crucial moments. When the Shinto thunder God Raijin appeared before her and revealed himself, she prostrated herself in worship.

She was called upon to offer herself up in Mortal Kombat to defend not only her little province... but all of Earth. Given this great weight of responsibility, she was permitted to contemplate the task before finally accepting Raiden's monumental request.

OOC Notes PM me before-hand about mixing violence and sex.
Permissions Match-making, coin-tosses, disfigurement, dismemberment, non-con, mind control/brainwashing, death.

Neysha

Sounds fun, but I have this horrible tendency of getting attached to my characters after investing in their creation. :P
My Request Thread
Ons & Offs/Role-Plays Current and Past
FemDex: Index of Fictional Women
F-List Profiles: Constance Carrington, Damashi, SCP6969
Prepare For The Next Eight Years
Find me on Discord at: mnblend6567
Credit for Avatar goes to "LoveandSqualor" on Deviant Art. (and Hayley Williams)

ShadowFox89

They won't be killed unless you choose to let it happen. You could just take the sexuality if you lose or simply surrender without getting killed.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Inerrant Lust

Or, your partner can let you live without sexually assaulting you... though for some reason I doubt that will happen very often.  ::)

Ultimately, nothing will happen to your character that you OOC don't want to happen.

MzHyde

Imari

Profession: Bedouin Warrior
Origin: Earthrealm (Saudi Arabia)
Resides: Earthrealm (saudi Arabia)
Weapons: Straight Swords, Gauntlet of Efreet
Fighting Style: Raks Al-Khanjar ("The Dance of Blades"), Grappling
Alignment: Neutral

About Imari: Daughter of a sword fighter in a long line of fighters, her family has kept Raks Al-Khanjar alive as a fighting style for hundreds of years. The art is rapidly dying out and Imari represents one of the last sword dancers in existence. As a result, much of her life has been occupied by training day and night, perfecting her artform so that it may one day be passed down. Imari's family still also believes in the old tales; tales of vengeful gods, of mischievous creatures, of adventure and magic. That belief was tested one day when a trip across the desert ended in tragedy when a sudden sand storm swept in out of seemingly nowhere. Sand, whipped about so fast individual grains stung like tiny razors, ripped apart flesh and buried the caravan. Imari and her family thought they were going to be buried under a torrent of sand when suddenly time stopped for the girl. The entire world slowed down and seemed to grind to a halt. Grains of sand hovered in the air like tiny pinpoints of light. An Efreet appeared, it's booming voice echoing directly in the girl's head.

"Long have you and your line believed in what lies beyond your realm," it said, "and because of your faith in the invisible forces which hold the universe together, I shall offer your a chance at salvation. I will halt this storm, save you and your family, but you must do me this service; fight in my name in Mortal Kombat. Bring Efreet glory! Be my champion!"

What was she to do? She readily agreed. The mystical creature spared Imari and her family, and gave her a mystical gauntlet that would allow her to tap into the strength and magic of a jinni itself.

OOC Notes: PM for discussions on match victories
Permissions: Matchmaking, Coin Toss, Non-Con, Multiple Partners

BlackestKnight

Gilgamesh

“Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is morphing time!”

Profession: Interdimensional Sellsword
Origin: Mesopotamia
Resides: Netherrealm
Species: Demi-human
Weapons: There isn't a single weapon that the great gilgamesh doesn't hold mastery of.
Fighting Style: Ancient Martial Arts
Alignment: Anti-villain. 

About Gilgamesh: WIP

Permissions Match-making, coin-tosses, disfigurement, dismemberment, non-con.

Batman4560

Color me interested and Ill be sure to put something up soon.

Inerrant Lust

Awww snap- Gilgamesh!

I suppose I should mention that playing an evil or entirely neutral character is also allowed, if I wasn't clear about it earlier.

Looks awesome, MzHyde. Just make sure to put your permissions and anything we need to know OOC.

I'm idly considering a renaissance german or frenchwoman... History practically already has one for a potential villain. Hmmm.. The Blood Countess. Isn't that just Skarlet?  ::)

Chaosfox

I must say this does seem rather intriguing I shall keep my on it for now and  wait and see how some other rps play out.

There is no Order only Chaos and all the joys that it brings. 
This way too On's and Off's

Batman4560

Profession: C.E.O of Winchester Rifles.
Origin: Earthrealm (Ireland)
Resides: Earthrealm (America)
Weapons:Revolver, Metal Bracers, Metal Grieves.
Fighting Style:Kickboxing

About Eoin: Eoin was born in Ireland and brought to America by his parents. His Great, Great, Grandfather was the inventor of the Winchester Rifles and the family has been running the company. Eoin learned sharpshooting from his Mother and Kickboxing from both his father and a master in Ohio. John eventually took on the role of C.E.O. of the Winchester Rifle company. He was overjoyed to be helping with running something that had been in his family for so long. Sometime along the way his father told him about the god's that look over the Irish. Mostly the one's of Trickery. His father warned Eoin to be careful because "Nothing is as it seems and nothing comes for free." Eoin took this to heart. Even though he was Irish by blood he clung to the idea of the "American Cowboy" and often dressed like one, even going so far as to pick up a thick Texas accent.

When he turned 27 Eoin's father and mother were both found dead and their car wrapped around a tree. The shock drove him mad and eventually he considered suicide. Picking up his fathers Colt .45 revolver he sat in his fathers office and placed the barrel to the head. Squeezing the trigger, the hammer didn't slam. It only remained pulled back. When he opened his eyes, Neit, an Irish God of Battle sat on the desk and held the hammer of the gun.

"No need to do that. You're parents offered up their lives to a god in order to save yours. I won't say who but...If you will represent me in the Mortal Kombat I will allow you revenge on the ones responsible for you're parents deaths."

Eoin agreed and has been training for the start of the Mortal Kombat ever since.
Permissions Match-making, coin-tosses, disfigurement, non-con, mind control/brainwashing.

godfang

Rikuya the Mountain Oni

"Be strong, or be dead"

Profession: Solitary Hunter
Origin: Northern Japan
Resides: Netherrealm
Species: Demi-human
Weapons: Fists and Fangs
Fighting Style: Fist of the Oni

About Rikuya:

Many years ago, a boy was born in the Northern Islands of Japan. The mother was not married and they concluded that he was born of rape. At birth, the boy was freakishly big and was born with a row of fangs and shocking red hair. This was viewed as a bad omen, the child must be the result of an evil spirit raping the woman. For this, the child was left out in a faraway woods to die from winter. Amazingly, it survived due to the intervention of a hermit. This hermit taught him how to speak and how to fight, treating him as his own boy.

For years the boy grew in the woods, growing big and strong. His inhuman blood giving him incredible strength and a long life. One day, the hermit was called by Raiden to fight in the Mortal Kombat tournament. He never returned however, rumors are that he betrayed the earthrealm and joined Shao Kahn. a hundred years later, Raiden returned to the forest and found that the adopted son of the hermit is now a giant warrior who is known as 'the guardian of the mountain' by the locals, who offers him food and maidens in return for his protection. Now, at the peak of his strength, Rikuya steps into Mortal Kombat, not knowing that his master is still alive.

OOC: i leave the master to the GM, and if it turns out his true father is a non human from the outworld, that's fine too
Permission:If his Oni blood allows regeneration of lost (non head) limbs after a long time, then i'm fine with dismemberments. Sex is fine as well. Other than that, Match-making, coin-tosses, disfigurement, non-con(MxF only) , mind control/brainwashing are all ok.

godfang

actually i might edit Rikuya's profile abit since i don't want him to have the same theme (avenging his parent figure) as Eoin. I'm gonna make it so that his master, instead of dying, is still out there in the Netherrealm

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on September 15, 2013, 12:27:15 AM
Awww snap- Gilgamesh!

I suppose I should mention that playing an evil or entirely neutral character is also allowed, if I wasn't clear about it earlier.

Looks awesome, MzHyde. Just make sure to put your permissions and anything we need to know OOC.

I'm idly considering a renaissance german or frenchwoman... History practically already has one for a potential villain. Hmmm.. The Blood Countess. Isn't that just Skarlet?  ::)

I don't know who she is but she elicits a mild erection. Points for being based an a historical figure.  I thought I was the only person who found gratuitous violence a little bit sex.

Inerrant Lust

Batman4560; A small note, and I guess this is the problem with picking a certain date and choosing to make this something of a historical game- North America at this point is largely unexplored. This time period is closer to the era where the Spanish have just about finished conquering the Aztecs and Incas.

I had quite a dilemma picking a time frame, actually. It seems like the late 1500s was just about as late as I could go before individual bravery and aptitude gave way to the mass formation tactics of the modern era.

Ireland at this point was going through some tense times with Protestant England trying to settle there and displace Catholics. Revolvers existed, but were a novelty at the time and resembled matchlock rifles (Personally, I think that's way cooler... and i'm so totally going to incorporate it into some steampunk designs or somesuch.)

Winchester is also several hundred years away. ::) Forgive me, that's just my inner history buff creeping through.  ::)  ::)  ::)

Godfang; It's no problem, though I might have to coordinate with you on how to incorporate his old master into things- your background's open ended enough that I can have some fun with it- but I also don't want to throw anything out of left field that doesn't match what you had in mind. :P

The regen bit is fine, too. Stranger things have happened in Mortal Kombat- like hearts being optional organs. :P

BlackestKnight; Skarlet will definitely be in this game.  ::)

Batman4560

ok, Im off to bed now but Ill be sure to change some of that around.

godfang

i heart skarlet tons and tons and tons btw =p

and sure, i didn't have any designs in mind for the master. I originally thought it was an old big buff hermit, but even if it's a female i don't mind (imagine losing to your own student and having to submit to him sexually, that would be devastating)

Chaosfox

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on September 15, 2013, 01:37:40 AM
Batman4560; A small note, and I guess this is the problem with picking a certain date and choosing to make this something of a historical game- North America at this point is largely unexplored. This time period is closer to the era where the Spanish have just about finished conquering the Aztecs and Incas.

I had quite a dilemma picking a time frame, actually. It seems like the late 1500s was just about as late as I could go before individual bravery and aptitude gave way to the mass formation tactics of the modern era.

Ireland at this point was going through some tense times with Protestant England trying to settle there and displace Catholics. Revolvers existed, but were a novelty at the time and resembled matchlock rifles (Personally, I think that's way cooler... and i'm so totally going to incorporate it into some steampunk designs or somesuch.)

Winchester is also several hundred years away. ::) Forgive me, that's just my inner history buff creeping through.  ::)  ::)  ::)

Godfang; It's no problem, though I might have to coordinate with you on how to incorporate his old master into things- your background's open ended enough that I can have some fun with it- but I also don't want to throw anything out of left field that doesn't match what you had in mind. :P

The regen bit is fine, too. Stranger things have happened in Mortal Kombat- like hearts being optional organs. :P

BlackestKnight; Skarlet will definitely be in this game.  ::)

You have the right century but  the wrong time The Spanish had finished conquering the Aztec 7 years before they go to the Inca borders and finished sacking the m in 1572 . >.<  I love history to :P

kckolbe

7 years isn't that big a deal.  Not only could an escapee have become a vengeance-sworn warrior by now, there is always the possibility of one of the conquered/killed rising from the grave, Scorpion-style.  I'm tempted to roll up a Greek god of some kind, but not sure.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Chaosfox

Oh its not a big deal I just wanted to pint out that they were conquered at the same time >.<  Though the only reason I found out was because i was trying to find out something for a character...... Which I never did.

Inerrant Lust

I really don't want to give the impression that I'm taking this too seriously. :P Afterall, Mortal Kombat has special forces operatives running around in this.

So feel free to ignore the rest of this post! 'Cause it's mostly just me getting interested and distracted in something and diving headlong into it until I know everything about it. In any case, it might be inspiring.

Europe; Knights on the decline. Renaissance in progress, Protestant-Catholic split causing many conflicts.
Russia; Ivan the Terrible's modernizing Russia. Cossacks and Streltsy
Japan; Warring States era- Samurai still in their prime but trade is opening up with gun-toting westerners.
China; Decline of the Ming. Martial Arts, naturally- Shaolin, ect.
Korea; Less-warlike, famed for their archers, much political infighting and factionalism.
India; Mongol/Muslim Mughals vs Indian/Hindu natives. Undiscovered Gurkas! There were a few female Sikh warriors.
North Africa, Middle East; Ottoman Empire Jannisary slave soldiers, Sipahi, Akıncı which were paid entirely in plunder
West Africa; Songhai and Mali Empires- famous for their bowmen using poison-tipped arrows.
East Africa; Christian Ethiopean Empire successfully fighting off europeans.
South Africa; Wealthy Mutapa empire just meeting the portuguese. Religion of ancestor-worship and... interestingly, the presence of Chibadi (men who behave as women), precurser to the Zulus
South America; Aztecs and Incas in decline to Spanish
North America; Native Americans still going strong

Also, other boring things I found on the internets. :P This site is pretty cool...

Graine Ni Mhaille (1550-1600) was an Irish princess and pirate (also known as Grace O'Malley) . She commanded a large fleet of ships. She petitioned Queen Elizabeth I of England regarding her various territorial claims, and the two met in 1593. Despite her own officers' reports that Grace was attacking English navy, shipping and coastal towns, the Queen accepted Grace's claims.

Francisco de Orellana encountered women leading South American native warbands and taking part in attacks during an expedition down the Amazon River in 1541-2.

Dona Catalina de Erauso of San Sebastian left a nunnery in 1596 and travelled to Peru where she became a soldier of fortune. She used sword, knife, and pistol, and fought in battles and in duels. She died around 1650.

Hernan Cortés' army in Mexico in 1521 included Spanish and Mayan women some of whom fought with the army.
Beatriz de Pardes was a nurse, but on occasion fought in the place of her husband, Pedro de Escoto.
María de Estrada was noted for her valor at the battle of the bridges on the noche triste.

Chaosfox

Wouldn't the Ninjas be in Japan at this time because If I remember they were formed to fight the samurai at some pint... or I think they were I need to look that up again though.

Inerrant Lust

Yep. Japan's at a cross-roads between medieval and modern era. Many Daimyos had a corps of ninjas to do their dirty work. And, it's one of those mythical things that's part of folk-lore, so you could have some fun with it, creatively.  ;D

Also, most people so far have mythical or demigod-like origins- that's fine. Operate under the assumption that all myths are true so vampires, zombies, and other longevitous beings are certainly allowed.

Chaosfox

I was just verifying I am waiting to see what happens with a couple of other rps on another site before I join this on because as it stands I have a rather full plate.

Mystic Mika

Would it be possible to recycle the character I used in the first incarnation of this game?
The difference between saving the world and blowing it up is all in the toss of the dice.

Primarch

I'd be interested in giving the game a go, but I think I might hold off until the character's balance out.

Inerrant Lust

Chaos, Primarch; Completely understandable.

Mystic; That would be fine. I'm doing the same thing since it barely got off the ground... for some reason. Still baffled about that. ???

I think this time around I'll go with the format of having about a half dozen locations (Gardens, Courtyard, Spike pit Bridge, ect.) to muddle around with and ask everyone involved to put their location in bold at the top of their post. I'm loathe to make a bunch of threads for each location.

Chaosfox

I Will say it  is looking like I might do this one  as  the bi rps I am in on both here and even more so the other site I play on  are moving rather slow.

steelsmiter

I just wanted to jump in and show you something that this game inspired me to write over in GM's Corner. I hope I'm not a bother, but this thread was my inspiration.
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Inerrant Lust

Steelsmiter; That's fine. But you know, I was strongly considering doing something similar to that. Perhaps with each character have a set amount of points in rock-paper-scissors attributes (Strength, Speed, Sorcery?) and then involving a d6 or somesuch....... but decided even that was too complicated when the last Mortal Kombat video game had little consistency in 'power levels' between characters.

Smoke can beat Kitana, who can beat Jade... who can beat Smoke. Kung Lao and Nightwolf can't beat Scorpion, but Kung Lao can beat Goro, Kintaro... and Quan Chi and Shang Tsung together. Both of them are capable of beating Quan Chi, who is Scorpion's master? ???

Maybe it is just flip a coin or rock-paper-scissors. :P

Primarch

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on September 16, 2013, 07:43:50 PM
Steelsmiter; That's fine. But you know, I was strongly considering doing something similar to that. Perhaps with each character have a set amount of points in rock-paper-scissors attributes (Strength, Speed, Sorcery?) and then involving a d6 or somesuch....... but decided even that was too complicated when the last Mortal Kombat video game had little consistency in 'power levels' between characters.

Smoke can beat Kitana, who can beat Jade... who can beat Smoke. Kung Lao and Nightwolf can't beat Scorpion, but Kung Lao can beat Goro, Kintaro... and Quan Chi and Shang Tsung together. Both of them are capable of beating Quan Chi, who is Scorpion's master? ???

I suppose when all the fighters are at that calibur its just who was better on the day. :P

steelsmiter

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on September 16, 2013, 07:43:50 PM

Maybe it is just flip a coin or rock-paper-scissors. :P
I don't know. Maybe. it's iffy.

Quote from: Primarch on September 16, 2013, 07:45:54 PM
I suppose when all the fighters are at that calibur its just who was better on the day. :P
Yes that's pretty much how I feel when I play fighting games. unless I'm with a preferred character.
I don't play in PMs
Who wants to join an incest registry?
O/Os
Download RPGs I wrote on my Discord!
So anyway I guess I'm steelsmiter on fetlife now. Hit me up and tell me you're from E!

Inerrant Lust

Did some googling to get ideas for possible other characters... I haven't decided to use any of them yet, so feel free to use any of them if it inspires you.  :P

Chaosfox

I may use one of the females not sure which yet.

Inerrant Lust

So far we potentially have...

QuoteEarthrealm
NPCs (Just Raiden?)
Ayumi, the Samurai's Wife (GM NPC)
Eoin Baradoon, Irish Gunslinger? :P (Batman4560)
Rikuya, Guardian of the Mountain (godfang)
Kaillei O'rourke, Privateer Extraordinaire (Mystic Mika)

Neutral
Gilgamesh, Interdimensional Sellsword (BlackestKnight)
Imari, Efreet's Champion (MzHyde)

Outworld
NPCs (At least Shang Tsung, others can be RPed by players as you'd like)

There was actually quite a roster last time but for some reason a lot of people never showed up for the IC thread! :-\

Neysha, Shadow, Chaos, Primarch; you should totally join. We have cookies... ;)

godfang

is that enough? how many do you want?

Inerrant Lust

Well at the moment it's a little one-sided. Although there are plenty of actual outworld characters I could use. ::)

Tempted to make Jade a ridiculously endowed futa. :P

ShadowFox89

Uhhh... Batman? Yeah, America wasn't around in the 1500's. Or at least USA wasn't. There wouldn't be rifles by then either, rifling wasn't started for another hundred or so years >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Chaosfox

I was trying to deiced what Picture to use out of the ones that you said we could barrow  I think I'm going to use that pirate I wont have her up tonight but I  could probably have her up sometime tomorrow.

Inerrant Lust

Mystic Mika said she might reprise her role from the first time I pitched this RP, which was sadly short-lived. It was of a feisty female irish pirate.... but there's nothing to say you can't do that as well, chaos.

Afterall, Scorpion and Sub-Zero were just palette swaps before they became entirely separate characters with divergent origins and storylines.  ::)

Muse

I could reprise this girl.  (I'll get her a better picture.) 

And I hope Mika plays, she's awesome. 

Name: Ajei

Resides:  In her grandfather’s tent in the Americas. 

Species:  Human, half Kachina. 

Weapons:  2 obsidian daggers strapped to her thighs, two tomahawks crossed behind her back. 

Fighting Style:  Wrestling, dual wielding weapons and high kicks, electronic or wind based energy blasts. 

Alignment:  Good. 

History:  During a summer storm, a Navajo maiden named Mai yielded to the passions of a Kachina—a spirit of the wind.  She found herself with child.  She was beautiful and skilled at woman’s arts.  This proof of her fertility made her irresistible to a great warrior, who took her to wife. 
   Mai named her daughter Ajei, which means My Heart. 
   Ajei was spirited, gifted, and intelligent.  She excelled at woman’s arts but found the most joy training in skill at arms with her brothers.  She described her training as like unto dancing on the winds of a storm.  In the quite of the night, she found the winds following the motion of her strikes, bearing her aloft as she leapt, speeding her as she ran.  She learned to throw lightning, unleash thunder with her blows. 

Physical Description:  5’10 inches tall with smooth coppery skin, rosy lips, raven-wing tresses, and big, full breasts.
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TheRaven

I could recycle my old character as well. I rather liked him, but sort of regretted not being able to get more writing done with him.

Origin: Earthrealm (Wallachia)
Resides: Wherever his master requires him to be
Species: Vampire
Weapons: A kilij, rondel dagger, his teeth, trained in the use of poison
Fighting Style: A mixed form of European and Turkish swordsmanship, and generally fighting dirty.
Alignment: Evil

Bio: A highly trained soldier in the service of Vlad Tepes III, former Prince of Wallachia (better known as Vlad the Impaler, Vlad Dracul, or later Dracula), Ieremia grew up on the lands of a Wallachian noble who despised the Ottomans. He was conscripted into the military during the tiny princedom's defense campaigns, and was eventually promoted to a command position by his master after demonstrating a cold cunning in combat.

While he was a capable strategist, Vlad eventually made Ieremia his personal retainer, bodyguard, and assassin, putting him to work especially during the ruler's Hungarian captivity, and after faking his death. Shao Kahn contacted Vlad with a deal: help him with the conquest of Earthrealm, and Vlad would be promised a pretty good chunk of Europe.

While Shao Kahn originally wanted Vlad to compete for Earthrealm himself, the former prince instead sent his second, as he was still settling into hiding.

OOC Notes: Could be persuaded to turn against Outworld's forces in the long run, but it will be very difficult to break his devotion to Vlad.
Permissions: Match-making, coin-tosses, disfigurement, dismemberment, non-con, mind control/brainwashing, death
"Hey," said Shadow. "Huginn or Muninn, or whoever you are"
The bird turned, head tipped, suspiciously, on one side, and it stared at him with bright eyes.
"Say 'Nevermore,'" said Shadow.
"Fuck you," said the raven.

Kadigan

Here's my character idea...thought I would go with a non-fighter perhaps..

Profession: Record Keeper
Origin: Outworld
Resides: Outworld
Species: Vampire – Vaeternus type
Weapons: Small Stilleto
Fighting Style: Minor training, prefers to talk , flee, or bargain her way out of situations if possible
Alignment: Neutral – Evil by association

About Linara: Linara is one of the Vaeternus vampires, native to Outworld since their defeat in ten consecutive Mortal Kombats. Long lived, they have no weakness to the sun of Outwolrd, only Earthrealms. Though they do need to drink blood to survive, they, for the most part, prefer to use willing donors and trades, rather then the legends of old. Some of the species had the ability to traverse to Earthrealm and Outworld inspiring many of the legends there as well as an Earth version of the vampire.

Linara herself was born to a minor priestess and one of the monks there. She was born “deformed” however, her wings barely small enough to be noticed as a child. They would never grow large enough to be capable of flight as much of her race was. She was considered a freak and an outcast by her own race, teased quite a bit, hardly ever leaving the temple save for her educations and at the insistence of her mother. She developed from a shy child into a shy teenager and was taken in by the Order of the Dark Archives when her fighting skills were shown to be less then desired, and no mate would have her. She spent decades studying the ancient tombs, books, scrolls and maps of the library. She may know more about Outworld then anyone, as any “official” act is kept in the library as part of its records. She’s privy to secrets long forgotten of the realm and has even begun to acquire ancient and deadly works from other realms as well, such as Earthrealm and Nightmare realm. During her time at the Archives, she grew from an awkward, gawky teenager into a young woman, whose body was often hidden beneath the voluminous robes the monks wear.

She loves her books, the knowledge and power she wields by knowing things, but at the same time is still often the same shy, easily bullied. Some of the Outworlders have begun to take an interest in this librarian, who seems to know what is happening in the inner workings.

Temporary image:

OOC Notes : The thought behind the character is she could be used at times to help plot progression, with her feeding tidbits of information to fighters, in exchange for other knowledge, or being set upon for knowledge and information by some of the more evil fighters. Also she may be summoned by Lord Shao Khan for various recordings and...other things perhaps so would have information that no one else would have. It’s based on the idea from the MK Wiki that the Vampires of Outworld make excellent record keepers.
Permissions Match-making (Though she’s not a fighter, a match would perhaps just be “punishment) non-con, mind control-hypnosis.

Chaosfox

Ok Since someone  else might possibly do a pirate like character I've changed my charter concept I should have her up either today or  tomorrow

Inerrant Lust

I should mention that any humans (or near-humans/mythological beings from Earthrealm) need not actually be invited to the tournament. They could be there for feasibly any reason, a la Sonya Blade crashing the first tournament to rescue Jax. As such, they'd be a grey area of the rules- but then again much of the tournament is grey...

So Linara shouldn't have any trouble getting some good story action in, with the thorough amount of tomfoolery going on outside the official tournament brackets..

ShadowFox89

Erm.. you realize that the timeline is 1587 >.>
Call me Shadow
My A/A

LeSane

*Facepalm* Remaking. I had been running on no sleep for the last 5 hours so that happened...
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Inerrant Lust

I was at work.

Now I'm confused. :P

ShadowFox89

He had a modern samurai from Boston.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

LeSane

I'm remaking it now; once again fatigue... doing it properly now that I'm fully awake.
'Life is an unreasonable game in which winning was impossible from the start. Even so spread your wings and fly straight into the sun! If the world threatens to swallow you whole crush it under your heel.'

Inerrant Lust

I have an inclination to practice drawing character concepts, likely some things in the MK style... If you have any requests or you can't find an image that suits your character, let me know.

I'm considering a villainous female character... possibly a Shokan. I suppose I could just use Sheeva, but something about her I really don't find sexy. It might be the voice, or her demeanor. Perhaps this character will be an underling of hers'... someone killed off way before the modern times. A slave maybe?

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/341/9/f/four_armed_tigra_by_cric-d34e9a7.jpg
http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2011/287/1/3/13035760e341086674731bfb46dac2c8-d4cs0ea.jpg
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/250/9/8/mortal_kombat__sheeva_by_jhonatasbatalha-d5dy3qg.png
http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/237/d/8/breeti_shokan_oc_by_zakuman-d47sf5z.jpg
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/105/1/2/shokan_bath_by_zakuman-d61u8qv.jpg

Also, are there any canon characters you guys would like to interact with?

LeSane

Cerberus
"May you bring me honor in death..."

Real Name
   Badru Khaladin
Profession
   Guardian of Netherrealm
Origin
   Egypt (Earthrealm)
   (reborn in Netherrealm)
Resides
   NetherRealm
Species
   Wraith (formerly Human)
Weapons
   Transformation
It is not a weapon rather it is the embodiment of his the corruption which has taken hold of him showing itself as this form. This causes his skin to be as dense as steel making it a solid defense. Also, this can be used on items that have no lethal edge to the same degree making it immensely strong as long as he has a hold on that item. He becomes supercharged for a time afterwards, hitting harder and causing more damage. However, he is vulnerable while charging and can be stunned with consecutive hits from a strong enough attack. There is a limit to how long Badru can maintain this form for a duration of three minutes and once it is spent there is no second chances. Any attempt will cause his physical integrity to waver before fully vanishing back to Netherrealm.
Fighting Style
   Shokan (fighting style)
   Kuatan (fighting style)
Both come from Shokan people though he is not fully mastered it due to not having four arms like the race itself, but is considered adapt enough to compensate for this overall both styles rely on brute strength, speed, and grappling to keep the opponent on the defensive at all times making it an style to be feared throughout Outworld.
Alignment
   Unwillingly Evil (formerly Neutral)
About... Badru
   Badru's mind is foggy of his past life since becoming a wraith of Netherrealm, yet he can remember one aspect that stands out from everything else. The Battle of Megiddo which was back in 15th century BC the battle was fought between Egyptian forces under the command of Pharaoh Thutmose III and a large rebellious coalition of Canaanite vassal states led by the king of Kadesh. It is the first battle to have been recorded in what is accepted as relatively reliable detail.

He was one of those 10,000-20,000 men whom fought for Thutmose as he was seen a force to be reckoned with due to his large size being considered a giant; blessed by the god Apophis at birth. As the battle waged on warded it was obvious of their victory over the rebellious king which resulted in a rout of the Canaanite forces, which fled to safety in the city of Megiddo. Their action resulted in the subsequent lengthy Siege of Megiddo. Unbenounced to him did he know unknown forces watched the battle singling out might warriors to become part of their ranks. Badru being one of the few had been slain in his home; his soul brought to the depths of NetherRealm and had been given the duty to patrol the realm of intruders.
OOC Notes
   He is a large man standing close to what the shokan are in height, but lacks their massive build since once being human. Since he is now a wraith he's been gifted the of harnessing the darkness around him though it comes with a cost corruption his body over the years via binding him to the will of darker intentions of the ruler of netherrealm.
Permissions
   Matchmaking, Disfigurement, Dismemberment, Non-con

Inerrant Lust

So I've recently found out that I'll soon be going to a field exercise for 26 days without internet next month, probably from the 16th of October to about Veteran's day. Much longer than I thought it was originally going to be.

Thus we're at an impasse... I could start this game as soon as possible and try to get the gears grinding far along enough that everyone can do their own thing and amuse themselves while I'm gone- even challenge each other to matches or plotting/scheming against each other... or we could wait, like... a month and a half.

I personally prefer the latter- though it runs the risk of people forgetting about this/getting too busy/losing interest between now and then. On the inverse, if we just keep going without me, I don't want this game to fail because of sudden GM hiatus. I am fond of this idea and I'd be loathe to create a third group roleplays wanted thread.

Saphir

Karina

" I will kill anyone who stands in my way, even a god."
Profession: Thief
Origin: Edenia
Species: Half Human/Half Edenian
Weapons: Daggers
Fighting Style:  A mixture of Pi Gua Quan and Ba Ji Quan.
Alignment: Chaotic Good

About Karina:  Karina is the product of Edenian and Human union; her mother was a immortal sorceress named Omegis and her father was a General for the Edenian Army.  When she was born, Karina was left to be raised by her father in Edenia so that Omegis could continue her life of solitude without a worrying over another life to protect. Karina was trained in combat for self defense, never knowing that there would be a day when she would have to utilize her combat skills for survival. As the story goes, Edenia was eventually taken over by Shao Kahn, her father slain in the process defending the realm & his king. Karina herself ended up as a slave to work in the Cobalt Mines of Shokan of Outworld where she remained enslaved for years. Eventually, she attempted an escape by fighting her way out alive. Following her escape from the mines, Karina spent her time as a thief and stole whatever she needed to survive. Once living a prosperous life as daughter of a high ranking Edenian officer and now fights and steals on a daily basis to remain alive, Karina has grown quite bitter towards the emperor & his forces. She wants nothing more than to see his reign come to an end with his head being severed by her blades. For this reason, she wishes to use the tournament as a way to get close to the Emperor and slay him.

OOC Notes I've made her the daughter of an existing Mortal Kombat character from the TV show: Omegis, I will change it if need be. Whether or not her relation to the character comes into play at all is up to the GM.

Permissions Match-making, coin-tosses, non-con, mind control/brainwashing.

ShadowFox89

My planned good character:

And evil guy:

For those who play Legend of the Five Rings. Yes. Yes that guy is who you think he is.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheVillain

Rapheal Bassi

Raphael
Profession: Privateer, Swashbuckler, Duelist, Painter, and Minor Noble
Origin: Earthrealm (Italy)
Weapons: Fencing Rapier, 2 Parrying Dagger (one clean, one poisoned), Wit, Charm
Fighting Style: Florentine Fencing, Lies and Deception, Cheating
Alignment: Good-ish

About Raphael: Rapheal appears to be a handsome man of strong Italian descent in his late 20's to early 30's. He obviously engages in regular intense exercise and the more martially inclined will probably recognize a skilled fighter of some type in his movements. Most others just assume that he's among the idle rich.

As for his dress, he's known as a rich man, a philanthropist, and an adventurer. Always seeming to have a rainy day account somewhere his clothes are usually tailored custom and not cheap. Usually seen with a cane he doesn't really seem to need. Most assume it's a 'rich eccentric' thing. Those who know of his skill as a swordsman correctly surmise that he keeps a blade in it.

Raphael was Born in Venice, Italy in 1549 AD to a minor noble house. As a lesser noble he led a relatively sheltered life with a classical education in reading, arithmetic, swordsmanship, latin, and politics. Not really making of a mark in the local politics beyond an arranged marriage with another lesser noble house, he usual spent his days using this to his family's advantage dabbling trade while frolicking with multiple mistresses. Unfortunately, he and another noble had an argument over a mutual mistress which led to a duel. He did win but with the scandal of his opponent's death he had to leave Venice for a while to avoid scandal.

On the plus side, his house did have enough pull to get him a ship and with it the rank of Capitano of the Caravel-Class Ship 'L'Isabella', along with the position of Privateer. Essentially a Pirate but with Italy's blessing the Captain actually turned out to be rather good at it. Very profitable, what really took off was his swordsmanship. It is said that he's learned to lie so effectively that he can even fool other fencers in battle, and many an opponent has fallen thinking he would strike from somewhere else entirely. With a knack for feinting his blades became feared across many a trade route, and when he made enough money he bought up a fencing school in his beloved Venice. At least, that's the story anyway - truth is that he's gotten into the local politics much more effectively this time around, not to mention is an absolute scoundrel if the stories among the female nobility of Venice are true.

Invited to the Tournament, Rapheal's discovered the true nature of the Tournament quite by accident - and now intends to work the results in Earth's favor in one way or another whether by his blades or by the notorious "Venetian Politics".

OOC Notes A contender in battle and in politics, and will probably sleep with as many female characters as he can get away with. Heh.
Permissions Match-making, multiple partners, prefer plotted fights but can coin-toss, disfigurement, dismemberment, mind control/brainwashing, death.
My O/O's / My A/A's / My Ideas
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Inerrant Lust

Karina's backstory is fine, though I wonder... is she on Outworld's side of the tournament officially? Would be interesting.

Raphael seems fun. Love his 'weapons'. :P

Seems like we'll have a bit of scheming going around.

If we start soon, Shadow said he'd be willing to take over GMing for me while I'm gone, which I'd be fine with if everyone else is. I planned to be very hands-off anyways.  ;)

ShadowFox89

I would mostly be moderating fights, really. Making sure people aren't making themselves unstoppable :P
Call me Shadow
My A/A

TheVillain

Thank you! And I hope so on all counts. Like I hoped I insinuated, I'm okay with a lot of things as long as we talk it over first. :P
Update - Apologies to all my partners, real life is exploding and I've gotten far behind.

Inerrant Lust

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on September 22, 2013, 05:32:10 PM
I would mostly be moderating fights, really. Making sure people aren't making themselves unstoppable :P

Which shouldn't happen. Above all, nothing should happen to one's character that they haven't already agreed to having happened- unless they purposely waive that beforehand for the sake of drama. :P

Herego, if you put 'No death, no hurting, no rape, no heavy petting, ect.'... then even the most bloodthirsty or sadistic character IC would have to find some sort of way to let them live unadulterated.

Saphir

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on September 22, 2013, 05:29:10 PM
Karina's backstory is fine, though I wonder... is she on Outworld's side of the tournament officially? Would be interesting.

Technically, yes. She will be fighting on the Emperor's side while silently plotting a way to overthrow and kill him. She could be a good mole for the Earthrealm heroes if they befriend her.

ShadowFox89

Once I get Mr.Green stat'd up Saphir, we should talk a bit. He's going to be from Outworld....
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Saphir

Quote from: ShadowFox89 on September 22, 2013, 06:36:47 PM
Once I get Mr.Green stat'd up Saphir, we should talk a bit. He's going to be from Outworld....

Sounds like a plan.  :D

Laughing Hyena

A Small Preview....

Blood! Darkness! Come unto me!

Just a joke. Heck I don't even have the time for this. Have fun folks. ^_^

TheVillain

All these magical characters make me wonder if I should give something to Raphael.

. . .Nah. He'll just be so good with the swords that he can keep up. Also, Lies and Feinting. :P

Inerrant Lust

The MK-verse has no 'power level' consistency. Assume that the coin-flip rules applies as much for deities and demigods as it does for regular humans.

Also, Johnny Cage inexplicably throws green goo blobs so... there's that.

TheVillain

Dhi

How defined is Outworld now? I only really paid attention to MK 1-3, but it seemed like it was populated by monsters. I notice you're short on Outworld characters and I'm wondering if something like a drider or medusa would be genre appropriate.

Mystic Mika

Name: Kaillei O'rourke
Sex: Female
Nationality: Irish

Fighting Style: Kaillei is a pirate, born off the islands of Galway, and she grew up on the seas. She has great balance and flexibility, high endurance, and killer instincts honed by a harsh life on the high seas. Using a cutlass as her primary weapon, when allowed, she has a body count of 57 professional soldiers and sailors that have tried to bring her in. Even more practiced in the ancient Irish art of "Feck you", she has killed an equally impressive 13 men with the own two hands in brawls and situations where she has been caught without a weapon. Kallei is very sexually expressive, sleeping with both men and women, and she is not above using sex as a weapon or get out of jail tactic.

O/o's : I want Kallei to live, simple enough. I would prefer if she is turned into an outworld sex slave, through magic (Shang Tsung) or because she was so thouroughly dominated.
The difference between saving the world and blowing it up is all in the toss of the dice.

Inerrant Lust

So far we have...

Earthrealm
Raiden (GM) - Not participating

Ayumi, the Samurai's Wife (GM)

Rikuya, Guardian of the Mountain (godfang)
Kaillei O'rourke, Privateer Extraordinaire (Mystic Mika)
Ajei, Navajo Demigod (Muse)
Raphael Bassi, Capitani di Ventura (TheVillain)

Neutral
Gilgamesh, Interdimensional Sellsword (BlackestKnight)
Imari, Efreet's Champion (MzHyde)

Outworld
Shang Tsung (GM)
Ieremia Vladimirescu, Vampire Gróf (TheRaven)

Linara, Vampiress Librarian (BarbaraGordon) - Not participating

Cerberus, Khu Warrior (Scarification)
Karina, Slave Princess (Saphir)

Dhi

Have Reptile's people already been conquered by Shao Kahn in 1577?

The MK wiki says this:
QuoteIt is unclear when Zaterra was conquered by Outworld, but Nitara's vampire people kept records of their existence before they were annexed by Outworld as well. The known Saurians also seem to retain no memories of their home world, which suggests that the conquest of Zaterra happened in a distant past.

I could go either way for a medusa character's story, just wondering how you would prefer to run it.

Chaeronea

Quote from: kckolbe on September 15, 2013, 06:20:20 AM
7 years isn't that big a deal.  Not only could an escapee have become a vengeance-sworn warrior by now, there is always the possibility of one of the conquered/killed rising from the grave, Scorpion-style.  I'm tempted to roll up a Greek god of some kind, but not sure.

Would an Aztec warrior seeking supernatural aid against the Spanish conquistadors eitherr to save or avenge his empire, be on the side of Earthrealm or Outworld? Considering the Aztec gods I can easily see them as guises for the cruel rulers of Outworld. On the other hand considering some of the crap Cortez, Pizarro and their minions pulled I could easily see them as agents of Shao Khan's evil.

So what sort of plotlines are being tossed around so far?

EDIT: Oh, what the hell. It's been a long time since I've played Mortal Kombat so I might be a bit fuzzy on the background lore, but this sounds interesting. I'll have a character sheet and background put up later.

Inerrant Lust

Could be either, Chaeronea. One could be convinced to put aside their 'petty' differences to fight the greater evil that is Shao Kahn, or fight in return for some advantage back home... and on the flipside, they could fight on behalf of Outworld for vengeance/power.

Plots so far;
All I have for for Ayumi is that she will hopefully cause a bit of a melee that starts some rivalries. :P
Rikuya's mentor is missing
Kaillei could be in it for a cash reward. :P
Ajei is Raiden's daughter, though he's pretty darn aloof about it.
Raphael's similar to Kaillei. The two might even be acquainted.
Gilgamesh is a trans-universe mercenary.
Imari has a demonic thing attached to her arm and is serving Efreet, who knows what he's after...
Ieremia is at the tournament on behalf of his Dracula-esque master.
Linara is a different breed of vampire than Ieremia- could be an interesting pair.
Cerberus is an undead warrior who could easily switch sides with the right touch...
And Karina may very well be a good guy in the end.

So who do we still have in this? I've been sending a few PMs or waiting on feedback but haven't gotten much back from a few people... I can start this as early as tonight, but I'd like to be sure this doesn't fizzle out immediately again... Those who know me might notice I post group request threads often but don't start the game because I guess you could say I'm worried that people aren't committed. :P

Muse

Oh!  I'm still interested!  I've just been trying to wait patiently. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

TheVillain

Raphael actually does intend to help save Earthrealm, and have an adventure. But yeah, cash would be great too.

Mystic Mika

I was thinking cash reward. A tale of fabulous wealth for offing a few guys, and treasure beyond wildest dreams. Still in btw  ;)

TheVillain

In fact, I'm thinking let's go Raphael was sold to join with promises of wealth but found out what was really on the line later. Maybe after sleeping with a female outworlder, I don't know. :P

LeSane

Cerberus would sorta be a neutral factor in this tournament since he's been a watch dog of his realm. I figure he would help those that keep his plain as it was or for it to prosper in somehow. I doubt he would want a prize unlike he others. Maybe if he could go to his orgin in earthrealm he would help he or she whom offered. Maybe he things he's been there for a short period of time since he can't fully grasp the concept that he is living for such a long time.

I'm still in. Oh I am in lol.

Dhi

I decided to simply name her Medusa since Reptile and Khameleon are apparently those characters' real names. If that's too on the nose, I also like the name Saturnine.

Inerrant, I wrote her with the assumption that the Saurians are already conquered since I didn't see an answer for that. If they aren't, I'll be happy to change her story to match.

Medusa
Profession: Slavemaster
Origin: Zaterra
Species: Saurian Noble
Weapons: None
Fighting Style: Baji Quan

About Medusa: The Saurians of Zaterra were already poised to lose the Mortal Kombat Tournament to the forces of Outworld when Medusa, a member of the noble caste, was sent to Shao Kahn's court to placate the enemy. It was not long after that Zaterra lost its tenth tournament, and its world was annexed. Though the lower caste of the Saurians were deemed unreliable servants, Medusa had already esteemed herself to the emperor- she possessed an almost religious need to subjugate lesser creatures.

Although her loyalty was now to the emperor, Medusa retained her status as surrogate to the matriarch of Saurian society. Her presence in Shao Kahn's court has allowed his Saurian slaves to retain their human bodies and intelligent minds, in order to better serve. This perversion of the natural order of Zaterra made her a traitor to Saurians.

With the most strong-willed warrior women of Earth laid out before the emperor like a buffet, Medusa's role in the tournament is quite simply to break them for use as the emperor's consorts. Even if Outworld does not claim Earth this tournament, it will not be a total loss for Shao Kahn.

OOC Notes: Medusa's petrification is temporary and consciously activated, like Sub-Zero's freeze.
I'm willing to stray into my offs, such as gore and M/F, for the sake of the story. Anything M/F would have to be non-consensual.

Permissions: Match-making, coin tosses, disfigurement, dismemberment, NC, death.

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on September 19, 2013, 07:10:38 PMAlso, are there any canon characters you guys would like to interact with?
I've always liked Mileena. A little interaction with the major evil characters (Shao Kahn, Shang Tsung, Sindel) would be cool.

Muse

Mystic Mika

So, is this still hapening or did I miss something?

MzHyde

I'm fairly sure it died a while ago.

Inerrant Lust

I'm going to the field in like, 2 weeks, so I've decided to hold off on this. Plus when I tried to prod something of a roll call out of everyone, there was something of a limited response. :P

When I get back in late November, I might just take advantage of that fancy banner ad service at the top.

Inerrant Lust

So, now that I'm back... who is still interested in this? And is there anyone new? :P

Muse

Hi I.L.  Welcome back.  :)  I'm sitll interested. 

TheVillain

Kind of, actually. Though I'd be a bit slow since I'm NaNoWriMo-ing this year.

Kadigan

LeSane

Teo Torriatte

I'd be interested if there is still room.

Dhi

My interest depends on there being a sizable enough female population that F/F is feasible, and a sizable enough evil population that I have wicked people to interact with.

Inerrant Lust

Alright, I'll make an OCC thread tonight, with sheets and the like.

Inerrant Lust

TheVillain

Thanks chief, will be posting a sheet when I have a few minutes.

Mystic Mika

Hazel

Interested, I'll mull over a character if you're still taking them.

Inerrant Lust

Hazel

My first guy. He's neutral. His story has a bit of cannibalism in it, but no details into it. not really sure about him though.

Origin: Earth Realm
Resides: East coast of North Americas
Species: Human Transformed Wendigo
Weapons: Hands
Fighting Style: Hand to Hand
Physical Description:When he is a normal human He's 5"10'. With black hair and black eyes, not very built with white skin. When he transforms, He's 6"9'. His extremities are stretched and he looks emaciated.

Roger was born into a time of colonization and travel he was never given a chance to decide where he was going. His family grew up poor somewhere in England, and barely had anything besides a roof over their head and some chickens. Word was spreading of a mission to a foreign land, with land as far as a man could walk in a week. His mother and father had sent him on a mission to a new world, hoping that he would bring them riches back if he ever returned. They received some support since they had sent their own boy, and were unable to work as best they could.

The voyage was long and cold, with barely any room to move and even less so to eat as the time went by. Roger made his time above the deck as much as he could, thought the lack of shade from the sun was the worst part though worth it to him. Soon enough they started to run low on food, and people were becoming scared. People had started to cause a fuss when they first sighted land finally after 3 months. They set up quickly and to the best they could. Roger was kept as a servant, bringing food and drink to the workers as they returned from the day out in the field. It wasn't long before winter was upon them, the food was gone and the natives were unhappy. The settlers had taken to raiding the tribe instead of asking for help. Roger knew this would never end well, so he never ate any of the food they brought back, nor did he ever take part in any raids against them.  The attack came in the night, and was over quickly. He was lucky to survived the attack, as he had been out trying to find food. When he came back, It was nothing short of a massacre. Everyone was dead, and there was no trail of anyone being there in the fine snow that had fallen the day before. He was terrified, cold and hungry, and that was before the attack. He was so lost in his hunger that he set upon the bodies, eating what he could. Soon he fell asleep, only to awaken even hungrier. He continued eating the bodies, growing thinner and thinner as he did, growing with his hunger. Soon he had eaten all the bodies, and was searching for more, his mind lost to his hunger and his ability to think was fading away as time went by.

Soon, he had started to find the native settlements around him. He started to feed on them, dragging men and woman alike away to feed on them. The natives had a superstition against beast i the woods, called a wendigo. They performed many rituals and sacrifices, but this never sated rogers hunger. This lasted the whole winter, until the spring came and he began to regain his control. Soon ships fro the main land began to come back with supplies, but soon realized that it was of no use. Taking Roger back with them, and the many things he had gathered from the natives he had killed.

On his return he began to look for buyers to for his things, never telling of how he had gathered them. They sold for quite a sum, since they were from the new world. This allowed him to buy in on many royalties, soon he was dancing with the king and queen. Living the high life, and trying to make sure he never transformed back into that thing again. Though word did spread around of the lone survivor of the lost mission, he thrilled many with his tales. this lasted for awhile, his tales wooing many and bringing much promise. Then one night came when a mysterious man came to him, and asked him to fight for him. The fate of earth was at risk, and his ability would prove useful. He agreed, once again traveling into a new world that he might not come back from.

Permissions: Match-making, coin tosses, disfigurement, dismemberment, NC, death.

My second guy, has ties with the first. He's good. I didn't mean for it to be so long.

Origin: Fleeting Wind
Resides: East coast of North Americas
Species: Human (Native American)
Weapons: Hands, Tomahawk, Sword
Fighting Style: Hand to Hand
Physical Description: Tall and straight standing. Black hair on top. Rough skin, that's a light color. (yup) Very muscular, but it's all lean.

His childhood had land had stretched as far as he could go. His tribe was one of the few in the area near the coast, and enjoyed trading between them. He had enjoyed chasing after the animals in his youth, learning to hunt and fight like his father and the other warriors. As he grew older and with his training, he was a mighty warrior indeed. One day some strange people had come onto their land near the shore. His tribe watched from a distance, as they went about their life's but never tried to contact them. The tribe shaman had said to stay away, from them as they gave off a black aura evil. He picked some warriors to watch them as they grew settled, Sending Fleeting Wind as on of them.

that same year, the settlers had started to starve and looked in vain for food. They had no hunters and knowledge of land like his tribe had, and he had felt terrible for them. Everyone knew that going against the shamans words, was a sentence for exile. So when one of the settlers had stumbled upon the camp, they had chased after him but he had gotten away. It was soon after that they started to raid them. Coming in the dead of night, they took food and animals, and left without a sound. They knew the settlers wouldn't last long even with the food they had stolen. So they asked the shaman if they could, attack them and end their misery. The shaman let them, but on the condition the not one of them survive. The day after they were raided, they moved onto the settlers small town. they showed no mercy to any one, and burned down everything they could find. If there was a survivor, they would be killed in the night. Fleeting Wind knew that their lives would be at peace again, and was happy to return to the campfire in his tent that night.

Several months later, the surrounding tribes had began telling tells of a man coming into their camps at night and stealing men, women, and children into the night. Frightened whispers began to spread about the windigo, and soon they had the shaman do banshing rituals against them. Fleeting Wind had never heard of them, so he asked his his shaman on night as they gathered around the fire. It is a man that has been lost to corruption and evil. Having tasted the flesh of his fellow man, he begins to go insane and feed only on others flesh. consumed by a terrible unending hunger, they eat anything they can find. Wearing their skins as clothes, and searching every where for food. I have, Slowly the shaman spoke. I have never seen one of these ever, but the shaman before had spoken of them. Telling me of what I was to do if one had eve appeared. Nothing can stop them, only by either doing a banishing ritual, or a sacrifice can save a tribe from them. Shaken by this, fleeting wind only could hope for better days, and that this never cam to his tribe.

Soon the other tribes started to disappear. The only thing that remained was the place where they had set up there tents. There was never any survivors, and Fleeting wind had known that it was coming for the. People had started to go missing, but the tribe did it's banishing rituals in vain. Soon they started trying to sacrifice things to it. Chickens and other animals at first, basic meat from their hunts that they could spare. People continued to disappear. Soon the warriors had begun hunting for it, none of the ever returned. The shaman had come to Fleeting wind in the night, and told him of a blade that would be able to kill a wendigo. It was made of a humans ones, and white as fresh laid snow. He was told to go and kill the wendigo,  before it killed the rest of the tribe. Fleeting wind thanked the shaman, and started his search for the wendigo. Many moths past as he sought him, and soon it was winter again. following a trail of blood and various other things from a body, he came to a cave. drawing the blade he went into the cave, knowing that he might never come out again.

Inside the cave he found the floor slick with blood. Continuing onward, he soon found the end filled with rotting corpses of every beast he had known, and several bodies he recognized as man. Looking around he soon found that, it was not there. thinking of a plan, he hid under the many corpses, and waited for the wendigo to return. It was many hours as he sat there, but it wasn't long before it came. Using the elemt of supirse he fought tit toth and nail. It was a long brutal fight for both. He had defeated the wendigo, and had saved his tribe.

Returning to his tribe, he saw the shaman conversing with a strange man.  As he drew  closer the man spoke, "So the mighty wendigo killer returns." Smiling as he approached. "I hope you enjoyed your journey back home"Said the shaman teary eyed. Fleeting wind did not understand, He had defeated a evil, why was he crying? You have been chosen to fight in mortal kombat, and will fight for this earth." Said the strange man. You have more then proven your worth to join us. My name is raiden, and we should continue on our way before it starts.Fleeting wind, didn't understand, but he went along, follwing the strangers directions, and heading towrads where he was meant to go. 

I'll change them both as I need to, so they can fit in the plot and other things.

Edit: changed both of them up.

Inerrant Lust

Well, I would say that most of the players here (myself included) might be more inclined towards any sort of sexiness with a character somewhat more... human in appearance for Roger, and perhaps a younger one in the case of Fleeting Wind. :P

Although it depends and I'm certainly not going to try to crimp your style. While my own personal tastes vary- monstrous beasties and creatures can be appealing given the right circumstances... as well as significantly older partners (one of my big ons is contrast between characters), but I can't speak for everyone else. For awhile I assumed Roger was merely a man who could transform (or his 'true form' was quite monstrous)

You might also considering working a bit with Muse, who is also playing a native american character.

Saphir

...Good to see this is back to life. And Outworld is in need of combatants. Count me back in.

Hazel

Quote from: Inerrant Lust on November 21, 2013, 07:18:07 PM
Well, I would say that most of the players here (myself included) might be more inclined towards any sort of sexiness with a character somewhat more... human in appearance for Roger, and perhaps a younger one in the case of Fleeting Wind. :P

Although it depends and I'm certainly not going to try to crimp your style. While my own personal tastes vary- monstrous beasties and creatures can be appealing given the right circumstances... as well as significantly older partners (one of my big ons is contrast between characters), but I can't speak for everyone else. For awhile I assumed Roger was merely a man who could transform (or his 'true form' was quite monstrous)

You might also considering working a bit with Muse, who is also playing a native american character.

That's actually a much better idea for Roger. I kinda ran wild while making them, just a little bit. I'll change them up, and add in sexiness like my thinking at first. Should be better now. Hopefully.

Faeli

I am throwing my cute hat into this thingie and, as the outlanders seem a bit underrepresented...

Venom
Profession: Gladiator
Origin: Earthrealm
Weapons: Hand-claws

About Venom: Stolen from the human realms when she was a child, Venom was put through the rigors of Outlands gladatorial pits and has lived a life soaked in violence.  She has done well, for a mortal, but has certainly been forced to submit to her captors on more than a few occasions.  She has no idea of who her parents were, or what her name originally was, and has become entirely complacent with Outland's "Might makes right" mentality.

Due to her upbringing, Venom considers it entirely proper and normal for the victor in a tournament to subjigate and enjoy the defeated and, in fact, has not considered the prospect of romance outside of the arena.  Still, she also isn't an exceptionally cruel person, and is instead simply someone who goes through the motions of what she considers to be normal.

However, she is certainly someone who is very good at going through the motions, and it is likely that anyone who convinced her that she didn't have to forcibly take the loser in a bout would be perceived as weak, and suffer all the more penance as a result.

OOC Notes: Venom prefers women to men, since men handed her most of her early defeats.  However, I am OOCly willing to RP any matchup.

Permissions: Match-making, coin tosses, disfigurement, dismemberment, disrobing, forced-exhibitionism, NC, death.

Inerrant Lust

Psst. You guys should totally post in the OOC thread. ;D

But yeh, Venom is quite welcome. Same for you, charles. Though as I mentioned before, I have no issue with a little beastiness from time to time. Just not all the time, and I can't speak for everyone else.  ;)

Faeli

I'm not the DM, but seeing as the IC thread hasn't been posted yet, I'm going to say yes

Saphir

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we're still accepting characters.

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I had idea for a concept for Knight Templar, however the order was pretty much dissolved at 1312 official letter from the pope and 1314 the grand master of the order was burned at stake. So could there been possibly a time travel involved or could char be a descendant of one original knight templars and his family holding the tradition despite it is considered capital crime? That char would not fight not just save earth but 'restore honor' of the order in fighting in the ultimate last crusade to prove the valor of the templars of the old.

Faeli

Ah yes... the Knights Templar, who swore vows of Poverty, Chastity, and Obedience and then, eventually, broke all three :P

My advice would be to write whatever character you find most appealing, and then submit it.  The DM seems rather accepting.

At a thought, I would say that either having a knight who was captured in outland hundreds of years ago and trained as a gladiator (since time works differently in Outland) or your second idea would both work well :)

Zaer Darkwail

Yeah, indeed shameful past. I think if I go with a guy who is descendant and embraces the high ideals (including all three oaths), he would join tournament as form of penance to get knights templars sins cleansed from world's memory or such by Raiden's offer (a bit ironic he is strong in christian faith and he accepts word from a 'pagan god').

If wondering how sex or such would even work with guy who has vow for chastity? Well, I thinked it may intrigue some women who actually expect men to use their defeated opponents (like Venom) and then meet a guy who does not do it? I do not say my knight is immune to seduction or developing a relationship but I intent play him as kind of 'blushing choir boy' sort charm with him.

Inerrant Lust

Could always go the Assassin's Creed route and say the Templars are still around- except in hiding.

Well... maybe not have the whole 'fighting for hundreds of years over pieces of eden' thing, but you know what I mean.

And I'm always accepting players for this. Even as we go along.

Almost done the first IC post now..

ShadowFox89

Profession: Hephaestus Priestess
Origin: Earthrealm (Greece)
Species: Human (pyromancer)
Weapons: Fists
Fighting Style: Pankration, fire manipulation
Alignment: Good... tricked into evil.

About her: A priestess of the god Hephaestus, Thyella served her god faithfully. She was born in a time when Christianity had yet to dot Europe with it's churches. From a young age, she was skilled with manipulating flames. It was seen as a great blessing, a favor of her god. Thyella served faithfully for years, until the temple came under attack by evil forces. Thyella, in an effort to stop the army, called upon her full strength to engulf them in flames. This expended much of her power, causing her body to crystallize and go into stasis.

It wasn't for hundreds of years that the ruins of the temple would be found. Thyella, entombed as a crystalline statue, was found still posed to summon her strength. That was how Shang Tsung found her. Using his sorcery, he freed her from her prison, then told her how the forces of the current world had defiled the temple and removed the memory of her god from history. Then he promised to change all that, if she would fight for him.

OOC Notes Her 'clothes' are made from fire, and disappear when she's defeated, leaving her essentially naked.
Permissions match-making, coin toss, forced exhibitionism, non-consensual, sexality.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Faeli

In the event any of you aren't following the OOC thread for whatever reason:

1)  Bend over, you naughty thing
2)  We've started

Inerrant Lust

We could use more male outworlders...

I was planning on making one of my own... but instead I had an idea for a female I just had to go with. Although I'm still not certain about it.. might ret-con it before I introduce her. Hmmm... I need to come up with some ideas for villainous male characters now...

kckolbe

I've been semi-lurking, what kinda villain ya need?  Feel free to PM if ya want to discuss some secrets.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Zaer Darkwail

Also I could make a villain also if there is really need for outworlder villains :).

Zaer Darkwail

Here comes my char concept.

Count Crimson
Profession: A dark knight, captain of Shao Kahn's royal guard
Origin: Earthrealm (France, Paris)
Species: Human vampire (half-Vaeternus vampire)
Weapons: Longsword
Fighting Style: Templar Swordcraft (most superior european swordcraft ever developed and finessed)

About Count Crimson: Count Crimson was born as Philipe de Malenquis, into a minor french noble family in year 1270. His father was part of knight templars as banker but Philipe wanted to enter Holy Land and help with the crusades early on in his childhood. So he was placed as knight in training and he became full time squire in age of seven to veteran local knight and he earned his spurs at early age of fourteen. He then entered Knight Templars and took oaths and became devoted man of god and warrior of crusade. He trained two years more before he was granted to be full time knight templar and he departed to Holy Land in age of sixteen in year 1286. However knight templars were already in decline and losing ground there but he fought none the less and earned more than his rank and experience in blood shed and battles. He fought until in year 1303 he was last surviving templars who left from their last foothold from Holy Land and returned to France after seventeen years being gone. He had gained grand master title as templar and led personally sixty templars under his command.

In year 1307 Philipe was arrested from varied crimes which he never did (and so did his other men in his charge) by church inquisition and by royal guard. He was tortured along his men in dungeons until they were forced to confess the crimes which they did not commit, once released he wrote denial to the confessions which he told only ease the torture. More than half his men had died in hands of torturers. Order was disbanded at 1312 officially and he was arrested again and held in dungeon until at year 1314 he was condemned to be burned on stake, slowly, for his sins by order of the pope and the church!

He was alongside with Jacques de Molay and he took a calm demeanor when facing his punishment while declaring that those who have sinned against god shall be punished by angel of wrath! However unlike Jacques he had secretly lost faith in humanity and god and now believed only to vengeance, in that moment Shang Tsung contacted him while flames started lick on his flesh and gave him offering; swear his soul and life serve Shao Khan as his warrior and Shang Tsung would ensure Philipe will gain immortality and chance for revenge those who wronged him. Silently Philipe accepted the dark offer and so he burned on stake but at full moon night from ashes he reformed anew; as a vampire created by Shang Tsung based on vampire species which moved in Outworld but also enhanced in different ways than them. Philipe had his revenge and departed from Earthworld for good to make good from his end of bargain; by becoming a dark warrior in service of Shao Khan and over time his prowess in battle which was heightened by his vampire state and mastering his powers he became captain of royal guard.

He is dark templar, once man of god and defender of humanity but now was monster who had forsaken god and was now scourge of humanity.

Permissions: Match-Making, Coin Toss, Sexality, Non-Consensual, Physical Torture, Dismemberment (only if allowed regen from experience)

Thorn14

Reposting my old character.

Name: Fatin "Desert Blossom" Nejem

Resides:  No where, but based in Istanbul 

Species:  Human 

Weapons:  2 wheel-lock rifles with arabic runes on them. They glow with a faint yellow energy. An ornamental Kris as well.

Fighting Style:  Fires two guns with magical bullets and energy in them. She also uses a martial arts focused on kicks and some grapples.

Alignment:  As good as an assassin can be 

History: Born to a wealthy lord under the Sultan, Fatin was raised to curry favor with the Sultan as a gift to be a concubine to the Sultan in his harem. While not too thrilled, Fatin had no choice in the matter. However in the day before, she was attacked by a mugger in the market. She decided to chase him down, and blew the poor man into smitherines with a huge yellow and black glob of energy. Before things could get worse, she was whisked away by the sultan's guards where it was discovered she had a strong magical talent. For the next couple of years she was trained to be an agent for the sultan instead, taking out political and dangerous targets to the sultanate. However she was always under the reminder that if she did not do well, she would be taken back to resume her first task she was going to be assigned to. one she was not thrilled about.

Limits: Matchmaking Okay, Coin Toss Okay, don't want death or dismemberment, rape or NC is okay, I like mind control or manipulation too.

Faeli

Thorn14

I would but its a school night, and I need sleep nao. I do like your character a lot though Faeli!

Deathnote

I've got two ideas for characters, one for an Earthrealmer and one for an Outworlder.

Earthrealm Kombatant
Wind
Origin: Earthrealm (China)
Species: Human (/w Berserk Blood)
Weapons: Xuě yǐn dāo (Snow-Fed Sabre)
Fighting Style: Bīng xīn jué, Niè jiā bù fǎ, Ào hán liù jué, Fēng shén tuǐ

About Wind: Niè Yīng was a famous martial artist who once took on the Fire Qilin, a flaming beast who ravaged the lands.  He was able to injure the Fire Qilin, but accidentally swallowed some of its blood and as a result became cursed with "Berserk Blood".  Not wishing to harm his loved ones whenever he went berserk, he left them and sought out help from his friend, the master of the Sword-Worshipping Villa. After studying the problem together, they realised that the way to curb Niè Yīng's syndrome was to forge an 'icy' weapon to keep his 'fiery' temperament under control. Niè Yīng's friend started forging the sword for him, but did not live to see its completion as the forging process lasted for numerous decades. Niè Yīng ultimately went berserk and became a menace to the martial arts community.  When he regained his senses, he imprisoned himself inside a cave and eventually died there before a cure was found for him.

Unfortunately for Niè Yīng's descendents, the Berserk Blood curse was hereditary and was eventually passed down to Wind.  The curse increased his powers drastically whenever he was angered, but as a side effect he would enter a state of uncontrollable rage and become a monstrous beast in human form.  One of the ways to combat this was Bīng xīn jué (Frozen Heart Technique), a technique that allowed him to calm his mind, which was passed down to him by his father.  Another thing he inherited from his ancestors was the Snow-Fed Sabre, an icy weapon that could further keep his curse under control.

Following in the footsteps of his father and the rest of his ancestors, when Wind came of age he started travelling the lands and became a formidable warrior.  He found himself regularly slaying monsters and taking out bandits.  When he was called upon to participate in Mortal Kombat and defend Earthrealm, he readily accepted the responsibility of that task.

Permissions: Match-Making, Coin Toss, Disfigurement, Physical Torture, NC, Death

Outworld Kombatant
Savage
Profession: Vampire Lord
Origin: Earthrealm (Iceland)
Resides: Otherworld
Species: Hellspawned Revenant and Vampire
Weapons: Steel Spartan-inspired Shield and Viking Long Sword
Fighting Style: Viking-Style Combat

About Savage: Born before the turn of the first millennium, Thorvald was an Icelandic Explorer and Warrior who frequently joined his kin in raiding and pillaging villages throughout Western Europe.  Even before he turned into a vampire, he revelled in the heat of battle and always sought out the strongest and toughest of enemies to fight.  Suffice to say, he was also one of those who delighted in helping himself to many of the female prisoners his group managed to capture.  He was a part of a group that was made up of descendents of Vikings who lashed out against Charlemagne and his attempts to forcibly convert pagans to Christianity.  One of his ancestors, in particular, was one of the Vikings responsible for the destruction of the abbey at Lindisfarne.  Although Thorvald's band were openly against Christianity, as mercenaries they were willing to work for anyone for the right price.

It was during the Danish Invasion of London when Thorvald's band was ambushed during the dead of night.  Taking up arms, the Vikings fought back as best they could and were even able to take down half the enemy's numbers.  Their defeat, however, was inevitable.  Impressed by their fighting prowess, the Vaeternus-type Vampire who attacked them spared a handful of the Vikings, including Thorvald, and made them additions to his ranks.  From then on, Thorvald would continue seeking out the strongest and toughest of opponents.  This time, however, he knew that there were beings who far surpassed what human warriors would ever be capable of.

During his time as a vampire, Thorvald tested the limits of his new-found strength and power on human armies.  Unsatisfied with the level of challenge, he specifically sought out other vampires to do battle with.  Other Viking-turned-vampires joined him in his crusade, some of which had done so after he had defeated them.  He eventually turned on his maker, believing him to be the strongest challenge he would ever face.  After becoming the new Vampire Lord, Thorvald continued adding more warriors to his own ranks all the while seeking out existing conflicts he could join in on.  Wherever there was conflict, Thorvald would follow.  If there was no conflict, he would make some.

Thorvald's attentions turned away from other vampires as soon as he learned of other supernatural creatures, such as Werewolves, Demons, and Fairies.  He became curious about them, particularly their effectiveness in combat.  Seeking them out, he decided to test himself against the various races and was thoroughly impressed, especially by the werewolves and demons.  He created vampires not just to add to his growing army, but to also obtain new information from the lands he visited.  One such example was a warrior monk; though only a human, the information he had proved invaluable.  Thorvald's desire to find newer and better warriors led him to Bulgaria, where he had heard about a particular interesting warrior who had earned the nickname, "The Impaler".

It was only inevitable that Thorvald would learn about the Mortal Kombat tournament, which he instantly agreed to take part in due to the promise of great warriors to fight against.  Though he went far in the tournament, he made the mistake of challenging the previous champion, the Great Kung Lao, despite the fact that they were both representing Earthrealm.  Kung Lao killed Thorvald before moving on to fight the Otherworld representative, Goro.  After Thorvald's death, the vampire ended up becoming a as a Hellspawned Revenant in the Netherworld, where he continued fighting to his heart's content.  Due to his prowess and despite his loss against Kung Lao, he was resurrected by Shang Tsung and allowed to reside in Otherworld, where he participated in their gladiatorial pits.

Permissions: Match-Making, Coin Toss, Disfigurement, Physical Torture, NC, Death

Thorn14

We do have a lot of vampires in the outword, don't we?  ;D

kckolbe

A lot of earth vampires go there to flee bureaucracy on blood requirements and feeding taxes. 

Intro Thread

Saphir

Could I make some other suggestions for characters? Aside from Outworld, maybe some kombatants from Seido & Chaosrealm. Maybe even another Edenian fighter that survived the merger of Edenia with Outworld.

thebobmaster

If this RP is still open to new people, I was considering making an Edenian fighter.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Dhi

thebobmaster

All right. I'll try to make a character sheet. I don't have a picture for my character, so I'll try to be descriptive in text to make for a decent mental image. It'll be in the OOC topic, in any case.
Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

RP Ideas:New and Approved!

Inerrant Lust

Always looking for new players, since we've lost some. I kind of wanted this game to function that way, with some coming and going... but at the moment, I am involved in all the PCs and they are not really involved with one another- which is a bit laborious and besides the point I intended.

In short, there are openings!

I will recap the current developments now. There has been one official match- Earthrealm's Ayumi was defeated by Crimson and raped. Earthrealm retrieved her- but Outworld did a midnight panty raid on the Earthrealm quarters to get her back since she's no longer in the tournament and pretty much fair game for anything the Outworlders would want to do to her. Ayumi was recaptured by Crimson.

Currently...
Malice, a Tarkatan princess, led the attack on the Earthrealmers... but has been beaten and is currently being raped by Roger Daniels... in wendigo form!
Ajei, a female native american, has been fighting random outworld mooks and is desperately in need of someone to RP with (since I can't think of another character to include at the moment)
FutaJade and Kitana are having a menage a trois with the princess' bodyguard/enforcer, Zafira over at the outworld quarters.

Of course, you can start a different thread not involving any of the current developments, but keep in mind I don't want to be involved in all the scenes of this RP. :P

GhostlyPresence

Honestly tempted to join this. Been wondering where is the Mortal Kombat fan base around here. Though still kind of new here, so not really sure where is everything. Mind helping me out? Like where is the whole thread for this thing and whatnot?

Inerrant Lust

The OOC is here.

The IC is here.

Feel free to drop by, and let me know what you'd like to play or see in the RP.

AffablyEvil

I'd be interesting in joining, but I haven't really done a group RP before + I am confused what I should do if a char dies. From what I've seen, only some have made new chars after their char die. Is this because they're usually not allowed, or because they just didn't want to?
Night gathers, and now my roleplaying begins. It shall not end until dawn. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die by my posts. I am the writer in the darkness. I am the author beyond the fourth wall. I am the creative fire that burns against the uncreative chill, the warm light that eases hearts, the pen that wakes the sleeping thoughts, the text that feeds the imaginations of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Roleplayer's Guild, for this night and all the nights to come.

And so my writing begins.

Inerrant Lust

Nobody's really died yet- we just have lost a few due to inactivity or inability to continue for one reason or another. I intend to be fairly vague in the future about those... they could be reasonably handwaved as casualties of the big brawl occurring right now in the IC... but if the players want to come back, that won't be completely implausible either.

Dying is entirely optional, as well. And even if your character does die, I have no desire to keep anyone from 'rerolling' or even playing multiple characters simultaneously.

AffablyEvil

Ah okay. Well I will think about it and try to get updated and such then.
Night gathers, and now my roleplaying begins. It shall not end until dawn. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die by my posts. I am the writer in the darkness. I am the author beyond the fourth wall. I am the creative fire that burns against the uncreative chill, the warm light that eases hearts, the pen that wakes the sleeping thoughts, the text that feeds the imaginations of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Roleplayer's Guild, for this night and all the nights to come.

And so my writing begins.

ManofDawnLight

Interested.  Can I join after it starts?  I'm a little busy with my own stories right now.
Short stories for now.  Light posts.

I am returning slowly.

Laughing Hyena

Inerrant Lust

Feel free to post in the OOC thread and join in. I wanted the game to be fairly free-forming so characters can come and go (Afterall, this is Mortal Kombat and there will be death...) but it applies to players as well. You can play canon NPCs too if you wish.

XxPersephonexX

I want to fuck you like an animal
I want to feel you from the inside
I want to fuck you like an animal
My whole existence is flawed
You get me closer to god

Laughing Hyena

Nope. Head to the OOC right underneath this sentence. Mingle, make your interests known there too and IL will be right with you.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=190379.0

Inerrant Lust

I watch this thread too. :P

But Hyena's right- I have been writing things in a way that allows for characters to come and go without much disruption in the plot.

DinaFlower

I do not know a lot about MK.. I hope this is okay. It has a really weak back story. =(

Nami
Profession: High School
Origin: Earthrealm (Japan)
Weapons: Hand axes and a long spear
Fighting Style: A kind that I just thought of. She Fights with Viking axes. But she is not aggressive like the Vikings. Her style is all about defenses. She will just keep knocking away attacks until she sees the prefect time to attack. With her spear it is all about control. She uses the range to control the movements of the other fighter until they slip up and then she attacks..Alignment: Natural.

About Nami: Nami was born into a family of material artist. Her Family did everything from GJJ, to Kempo, to Muy Thi. If you can think of it, some one in her family had their finger in it. Though Nami found other interest. At a young age the girl found her self obsessed with Vikings. Nami got two axes for her sixth birth day and started training with them. Though her family did not train her to fight like a Viking. They taught her to fight like a tournament fighter.

By the time she was 13 the girl had already won seven tournaments. Though anyone that has not seen the girl fight would laugh in your face if you told them that. Out side of the ring the girl is sweet and silly. She does not come across as someone that would fight at all.

She is now 16 with 23 tournament wins. She has not lost a fight yet. She is her family's master piece. She goes to school full time and trains four hours a day. When the invite for the Mortal Kombat tournament came. Her family did not hesitate to send her.

OOC Notes Nothing to add here.
Permissions Match-making, coin-tosses, disfigurement, dismemberment, non-con, mind control/brainwashing, death((If it helps move the story)).

Laughing Hyena

Dina, there is a link right here. Games already up but as before it is still very much open. Mingle and send your sheet there and IL will be right with you.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=190379.0

^_^

PS - the year is 1577. So there may need to be adjustments in your back story to reflect this. Just a heads up.

DinaFlower

Thank you very much! I SOOO misread the time... For some reason I was thinking it was 2577 lol

I switched it up and posted! =)

Inerrant Lust

This is still ongoing, though there is a need for earthrealm characters at the moment. :P