Gladiator's Midievil Fantasy RP!

Started by Gladiator0161, March 06, 2013, 12:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gladiator0161

Hey guys! Good job thus far!

I'm really liking how this is going but, we need to move on to the actual meeting. I've sent a couple people pms already, so this is just a general announcement :)

So, those that haven't posted yet, please do so as soon as possible! I don't want to leave people too far behind in the story. Speaking from experience, the farther behind you get, the more you have to write to catch up, and that can be alot of work and very tiring, and not so much fun.

I know things in real life have a tendency to interfere and come up suddenly out of the blue but, please try to make time for this if you can.

I hope things are going well for everybody :)

As always, if there's anything anyone wants to talk about concerning the story, or something that's concerning you in real life, please, don't hesitate to message me and I'll do what I can to help :)

kingmaster1

Sorry I haven't posted :-/

I am planning on Minella going to the college with the harbinger, just walking with him and Galamar inside so I might wait until they take off ;D

Gladiator0161

Yeah, that's fine Kingmaster, I'm just wanting to wait for EvilMegaCookie and Hunter Pheonix to post before we move onto the meeting.

Like I said earlier, I don't wanna leave them behind. :)

EvilMegaCookie

*hangs onto a rope, getting dragged across a desert, the horse moving at neck-break speed, the sand slowly tearing away at my naked body* I ain't getting left behind! So, how exactly am I supposed to hop in here? And don't ask me why I am naked. A khaijit stole it from me! *pokerface*

Asher17

Quote from: EvilMegaCookie on April 27, 2013, 07:01:51 PM
*hangs onto a rope, getting dragged across a desert, the horse moving at neck-break speed, the sand slowly tearing away at my naked body* I ain't getting left behind! So, how exactly am I supposed to hop in here? And don't ask me why I am naked. A khaijit stole it from me! *pokerface*

Hey man, not all Khajiits are thieves dagnabbit! xD

Perhaps your dude recently signed up with the Fighter's Guild back in Cyrodiil? Or since you identified him as "Barbarian", maybe he's a mercenary that's been traveling Skyrim and heard about all the hub-bub surrounding this meeting of the Guilds, so he goes to Winterhold to see if they'll hire him on. If you use the Fighter's Guild connection you should probably talk with Aadreal (Medora) real quick and see if she'd be cool with the idea that maybe she personally accepted him into the Guild.  C:)

Gladiator0161

*Pets Asher's head* look at my little pr guy doing such a good job! xD

Yes, both of those suggestions are good ones MegaCookiee. Also, just a little advice, I'd suggest reading up on everything that's happened in the story thread if you haven't already.

Also, just a little side note, you have Chrem, your "Whiteguard" character as being 6'2" at 125 pounds but, describe him as "a mass of muscle" to be frank with you, at 125 pounds, he's not so much a mass of muscle but, a really really thin man. If your wanting the Mr. Universe Schwarzenegger look ( https://plus.google.com/+ESPN/posts/anMvUhsnkJ1 ) I'd suggest upping his weight to 300 pounds. If you're wanting a thinner but still muscular look, I'd suggest adjusting his weight to about 250 pounds at minimum. That weight will give him a fit, athletic, and sculpted look.

Also, you need to put "Chrem" in the Name section of your profile instead of "Whiteguard". ;)

Asher17

Quote from: Gladiator0161 on April 27, 2013, 09:26:18 PM
*Pets Asher's head* look at my little pr guy doing such a good job! xD

Yes, both of those suggestions are good ones MegaCookiee. Also, just a little advice, I'd suggest reading up on everything that's happened in the story thread if you haven't already.

Also, just a little side note, you have Chrem, your "Whiteguard" character as being 6'2" at 125 pounds but, describe him as "a mass of muscle" to be frank with you, at 125 pounds, he's not so much a mass of muscle but, a really really thin man. If your wanting the Mr. Universe Schwarzenegger look ( https://plus.google.com/+ESPN/posts/anMvUhsnkJ1 ) I'd suggest upping his weight to 300 pounds. If you're wanting a thinner but still muscular look, I'd suggest adjusting his weight to about 250 pounds at minimum. That weight will give him a fit, athletic, and sculpted look.

Also, you need to put "Chrem" in the Name section of your profile instead of "Whiteguard". ;)

I wouldn't say 250 "at minimum", but 125 pounds at 6'2'' is extremely thin to the point of looking sickly and skeletal. I'm six foot flat IRL and my "target" weight is 180 pounds, so I'd look pretty terrible at 125 lbs and that would get worse the more height you add. If you want Chrem to have "a thick mass of muscles" he needs to be 200+ with the plus depending on just how big you want his muscles to be. If you meant he's really toned and has very little body fat then his weight can come down some, but I wouldn't go below 200 or he won't look like someone who swings a battleaxe for a living.

EvilMegaCookie

God dangit. Was I sleeping when I wrote or something? Lol. I keep forgetting that the more muscles you have, the more you weigh or something. How much does a musclebuilder weigh? 90KG?

Aadreal

Quote from: Asher17 on April 27, 2013, 09:12:02 PM
If you use the Fighter's Guild connection you should probably talk with Aadreal (Medora) real quick and see if she'd be cool with the idea that maybe she personally accepted him into the Guild.  C:)

Medora is just a NPC so if it facilitates a PC, I am open to writing in anything (that makes sense).  My role is completely secondary as I do not have a PC in the game.

I'm going to try and get something quick up tonight, but really, it's just killing time until the players are all able to get posts in.

Asher17

Quote from: EvilMegaCookie on April 28, 2013, 08:25:12 AM
God dangit. Was I sleeping when I wrote or something? Lol. I keep forgetting that the more muscles you have, the more you weigh or something. How much does a musclebuilder weigh? 90KG?

Indeed, the more muscle you have the more you'll weigh. Muscle is heavier than fat, and the taller you are the more weight you can have without looking out-of-shape. 90 kilograms comes out to 198.4158 pounds (1KG = 2.20462 lbs), so you're getting there. You're going for the bodybuilder physique then? He's gonna need 120KG (264.5544 pounds) or so (I'm not used to working with kilograms, so I just took 90 and added some) for really noticeable/developed larger musculature, which would fit if you want a bodybuilder look for Chrem.

((P.S. Holy balls that Battlemage pic I put in the thread somehow ended up gigantic even though I'm pretty sure I told it to use the re-sized copy I made of it yesterday. >.> ALSO, I still need to edit in Zurik's arrival for my post with Rune, and then add in the Asher content... I'll try to do so tomorrow.))

EvilMegaCookie

I will be home tomorrow so that is plenty of time to write a post. Expect one tomorrow :3 Will also edit the biography to match the look I am looking for.

EvilMegaCookie

Hm. I am having a hard time figuring out how to get into the RP without breaking the flow. But I will try and see if I can work something out with the fighters Guild thing.

Gladiator0161

Alright, sounds good MC :)

How was everyone's weekend btw? Am I the only one wishing it had lasted a little longer? :P

Gladiator0161

Alright, it's been 3 weeks now. I'm going to move the story forward since MC hasn't posted, if anyone wants/needs to post before I do so, please post right away.

Sorry for the wait guys.

EvilMegaCookie

Yeah, I have been busy with the national exams and stuff like that. Would it be possible for me to be a mercenary? Like, being hired by the Guild?

Asher17

Quote from: Asher17 on April 27, 2013, 09:12:02 PM

Perhaps your dude recently signed up with the Fighter's Guild back in Cyrodiil? Or since you identified him as "Barbarian", maybe he's a mercenary that's been traveling Skyrim and heard about all the hub-bub surrounding this meeting of the Guilds, so he goes to Winterhold to see if they'll hire him on. If you use the Fighter's Guild connection you should probably talk with Aadreal (Medora) real quick and see if she'd be cool with the idea that maybe she personally accepted him into the Guild.  C:)

Yes! That would be fine.

EDIT: 5/22/13

I added in some material to my last post, and I also made a new post to move everyone into the dining hall. I wrote it so that as everyone arrives they're ushered in to join the feasting. It's not much but it's there, and now we should be able to proceed to the real point of the thread --the adventure!  C:)

Aadreal

EMC- Medora is just a NPC and I don't have a PC in the game. If you want a mercenary, I'm fine with it.  Just shoot me a PM with anything Medora would know about your character.

EvilMegaCookie

All right. Aadreal has approved of my character being hired as a mercenary. Now I just have to wait until I can enter. But I guess I can make it so that I enter unannounced, making Medora introduce me as a hired mercenary, filling the others in on what I am famous for, etc etc.

Aadreal

EMC- Another option would be for him to arrive with a letter from Mdora's second in command. He was able to procure a contact with your character after she left.  There's a lot of fighters and mercs, I doubt she'd know all of them.  But she trusts her second.  That way your character can introduce himself and has a valid reason to enter.  Might also have another letter for her dealing with guild business that he was asked to deliver. *shrugs* Just a thought.

Asher17

Quote from: EvilMegaCookie on May 31, 2013, 07:28:13 AM
All right. Aadreal has approved of my character being hired as a mercenary. Now I just have to wait until I can enter. But I guess I can make it so that I enter unannounced, making Medora introduce me as a hired mercenary, filling the others in on what I am famous for, etc etc.

There's no reason to wait. The thread has been moved to a point where everyone involved is being
or has already been gathered in the dining hall of the college. I even mentioned a few mercenaries
being present.

Gladiator0161

EMC, I know you've been busy with school and whatnot, so I understand being a little late because of necessary things like that but, please get something posted soon. Otherwise, I will have no choice but to leave you behind in order to move the story forward.

I hate to do that but, we can't keep waiting on you like this. Please understand, I'm not trying to be mean, or meaning to be mean. I want to keep this thread fun for everyone but, in order to do that, I have to move it forward.

So, please post something this week, if it's possible for you to do so.

EvilMegaCookie

Writing a post right now. If there is anything weird with it, please let me know.

Gladiator0161

Good job EMC. Not the longest post I've seen but, it's not too short either. Nice :)

Glad you could finally join us in the story, lol :P

Alright, now to pm King Meister and let him know he's up xD

kingmaster1

Hey all, sorry about my lack of activity... I'll try to have a post up soon. I'll have Minella slip in as a representative of the thieves guild :P

Gladiator0161

Hahaha, that's awesome. Cause I just pm-ed you dude, and here you are xD

Guess you can ignore that pm now xD