Java disabled, can't find the right switch.

Started by Oniya, November 18, 2013, 06:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oniya

Okay - I'm aware that Java is about as secure as a wet paper bag, but over-anxious security 'fixes' are starting to give me issues with my older Minecraft launcher.  :'(  I can still log in normally with the little Oni's machine, so my server access isn't completely gone, but I have to play offline from my machine because it won't connect to Minecraft.net.  People at the MC forum have suggested that blocked or disabled Java is at fault, but all the information I've found regarding that relates to my browser settings - which shouldn't be accessed when I'm running MC with the browser shut down, right?
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Vekseid

The MC launcher doesn't touch the browser plugin, no.

Your machine is 32 bit, right?

I know awhile ago I had to purge my system of java completely, though this was because of its messy older update policy. You could try that and then reinstalling : /

Oniya

Yeah, 32 bit.  It's a little cute that the little Oni has declared that the next person to get a new computer has to be me.  ::)  I'll give the D&R a go next.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!

Vekseid

There has been some discussion of needing to add a firewall exemption, I believe, but I don't remember where : /

Oniya

The D&R fixed it - although I didn't have any 'extra' versions.