Vampire the Masquerade (about 3-4 players)

Started by Lord of Shadows, June 23, 2014, 02:06:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord of Shadows

Hi everyone.

So I would like to start up a game of Vampire the Masquerade. It would be of a rather freeform style where you are making a human background and then as we start up you will be embraced into the clan you wished for... your embrace will be of an involuntary nature but I am getting a bit ahead of myself. So what do I want from those interested?

Your embrace will take place as you are on vacation in... well we get to that.

1. Human background.
2. Description of character.
3. Clan you want to be embraced into (any main clan is possible).
4. What city you wish the embrace is taking place into.

Ok so what kind of game am I after? Well it will be a survival game, I will put you in a terrible hotspot that doesn't makes things better of you being turned into vampires. I will also use the beast against you not only in ways of getting you frenzy but to have you loose control of any emotions and control (which in a way fits very well into Elliquiy's nature.

The level of game will most likely be a non-con to extreme game. Depending on if we use human or exotic depends a bit of you players.

Lockepick

You say this would most likely be non-con to extreme -- can you give us some examples of what sort of 'extreme' creatures we're dealing with? As well as what would be doing the NC-ing?
Like what you see? I am currently looking for new plots!

Detailed List of O/Os and Plot Seeds

All of my image links were previously photobucket and broken -- I'm fixing them as I use the avatars again, or for current games. Please let me know if there is something that needs updating!

Lord of Shadows

Certainly.

As for non-con that is mainly for the ideas I have for the beast. Your ally may turn on you in a situation of stress or embarrassment for instance, or... Well it will be there, not as a main focus but you can bet that it will happen.

As for extreme, the main thing I can say is Tzimisce - enough said.

Juggtacular

I'd be down for this. Is there any way I could play an oddity and be a werewolf? If not it's cool, I just thought it'd be fun to play a lycan in a game dominated mostly by kindred.

Glitch

Nature did not teach you to fail. Society did.

AndyZ

It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Lord of Shadows

Juggtacular - no in a vampire the masquerade game you can't play a garou, you would be torn into shreds right away.

Ethoxyethane

What is Tzimisce?
On a scale of 1 to fucked up, how extreme/violent would this get?  :)

Juggtacular

Quote from: Lord of Shadows on June 23, 2014, 11:23:21 PM
Juggtacular - no in a vampire the masquerade game you can't play a garou, you would be torn into shreds right away.

I didn't mean a Garou so much as like the Werewolf you fight in Masquerade Bloodlines at the observatory, and the one Nines Rodriguez took on and nearly died killing it.

But it's fine if I can't, just wanted to know.

And Heart, a Tzimisce is...fuck all kinds of duck on a plate.

Lord of Shadows

Sounds like I need to fill in blanks here. Ok here goes ( will post links as I am on phone )

http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Vampire:_The_Masquerade - the setting
http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Clan_(VTM) - clans in general
http://whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Tzimisce - clan Tzimisce

(see below)

There are so much more than this if you want to dive into the lore but it is really not needed to play.

Elven Sex Goddess

Color me interested as well.     

Clan:  Setite ( Church of the Black Magdalene, one of the cults within the clan.  Through in the modern age a shadow of its former self)

City Embraced:  New Orleans, LA

Ethoxyethane

I'm on my phone too.  Should be sleeping, but...   ::)

A few keywords appeal to my interests.  Almost anything to do with sadism and blood is a-okay in my book... flag me as interested.  I need to review the links with a more scrupulous outlook to see if I could connect well enough with the RP.

Juggtacular

Hmmm. I'm trying to choose between Brujah, Gangrel, and True Brujah(if allowed) at the moment. How will we deal with Disciplines? Will you be regulated to only disciplines known by your clan? Or can the more non specific Disciplines like Fortitude or Celerity be learned by anyone?

Lord of Shadows

Juggtacular: No True Brujah. As for disciplines, you will be given abilites to your characters that would be about level 2 of the clan disciplines. Since we are running a more freeform game it will not be so by the numbers (see below).

I think is will keep to the following clans as available:

Assamite (warrior cast only)
Based in their hidden fortress Alamut in the Middle East, they are traditionally seen by Western Kindred as dangerous assassins and diablerists, but in truth they are guardians, warriors and scholars who seek to distance themselves from the Jyhad (the eternal struggle between ancient vampires). Throughout their history, they have remained self-sufficient and independent clan.

The Assamites have superhuman speed, have the ability to hide from plain sight, create areas where no sound can be heard and they can turn their blood into poison.

Brujah
Often viewed as thugs, criminals and gangsters. Quick to anger and always passionate in the Modern Nights, they have been regaining their position as a clan of lofty philosophers and activists and are often pointed to as a clan of unruly rebels and roughnecks that should not be messed with.
They have problem to keep their emotions in check.

The Brujah have superhuman speed, superhuman strength and the ability to entrance humans in their vicinity.

Setites (also called Followers of Set)
The Followers of Set (or Setites) are a clan who believe their founder was the Egyptian god Set. Orthodox Setite belief dictates that Set will one day return to rule or consume the world, and devout Setites prepare the way for his resurrection. To this end, the clan remains independent of the Sects of other Kindred, and practice with great skill the arts of corruption, lust and deceit. They refer to themselves as the Mesu Bedshet, the "Children of Rebellion".
They can stand sunlight even less than the normal vampire.

The Setites have the ability to hide in plain sight, the ability to entrance humans in their vicinity, immobilize humans with their gaze and turn their tongue into a weapon.

Gangrel
Nomads who hold closer ties to the wild places than most of their city-bound cousins, most often viewed as a lone warrior clan as they are very loosly knit not at all as other others. They most often have a more animalistic look as when they loose control over their Beast they turn more and more away from a human appearance.

The Gangrels have the ability to call on and talk to animals, they can stand much more beating than normal even among vampires and they have the ability to see in the dark even when there are no light at all. They can also grow terrible claws.

Giovanni
The youngest of all the clans and are not only a clan but also an Italian family. Their main focus are money and necromantic abilities. Their closeness with family runs into all things and not too seldom incest are actually encouraged to keep the blood pure.
Their bite when they drink blood most often kill the victim.

The Giovanni have supernatural strength, have the power to command humans and weaker vampires and finally they have the power to see the last moments of a corpse's life and summon and talk with ghosts.

Lasombra
The leaders of the sect  called Sabbat, clan Lasombra are social Darwinists, predators, elegant and inhuman. Firm believers in the worthy ruling and the unworthy serving, the Lasombra have maintained their traditions even as they have turned the sect to their own purposes.
They cast no reflection.

The Lasombra have the power over shadows and darkness able to create pocket of darkness and move and shape natural shadows around them. They also have supernatural strength and the power to command humans and weaker vampires.

Malkavian
A clan of Kindred cursed with insanity from which they can never be freed. Throughout history, the Malkavians have been the seers and oracles of the Kindred, bound by strange compulsions and insight.
They all are cursed with insanity.

The Malkavians can sharpen their senses to supernatural level, they can see auras of the dead and living, they can hide in plain sight, they can enhance the emotions existing within the victim to near insane levels and cause their victim to have maddening hallucinations.

Nosferatu
The most visibly cursed of all Kindred, the Embrace warps each Nosferatu into a hideously deformed creature. The Nosferatu are the spymasters of the dead, collecting information and selling it for a dear price. They are also the masters of the underground, living in the sewers for protection.
They all look hideous and monstrous.

The Nosferatu have the ability to call on and talk to animals, can hide in plain sight and have supernatural strength.

Ravnos
Known for being wandering vagabonds and hucksters, the Ravnos are charlatans who gleefully practice their arts of deception and theft. Nobody in the west understood the Ravnos, and now in the Final Nights, it's too late to do so. Misunderstood as a clan of gypsies and tricksters, the western Ravnos are a minor and heretical branch of the undead lords of India.
They all have one vice they can't ignore.

The Ravnos have the ability to call on and talk to animals, they can stand much more beating than normal even among vampires and can create motionless illusions that can affect any of the five senses.

Toreador
A clan of vampires known for being some of the most beautiful, sensual, seductive, emotional and glamorous of the Kindred. They are responsible for the legends of vampires who seduce and entice their prey with beauty, love and sensuality. Famous and infamous as a clan of artists and innovators.
They gets entranced by beauty.

The Toreador can sharpen their senses to supernatural level, they can see auras of the dead and living, have supernatural speed and can entrance humans in their vicinity.

Tremere
The second youngest clan, having just come into existence during the dark ages. In the little time since then they have made incredible inroads within vampiric society and are arguably the most powerful clan in the modern nights. This is due in no small part to their strict hierarchy, secretive nature, and mastery of vampire sorcery, all of which elicit suspicion, fear, and respect from other Cainites.
They all live for their clan.

The Tremere can sharpen their senses to supernatural level, they can see auras of the dead and living, they have the power to command humans and weaker vampires and have access to vampiric sorcery.

Tzimisce
The Tzimisce are a clan of scholars and flesh-shapers. If one were to described a Tzimisce as inhuman and sadistic, it would probably commend them for their perspicacity, and then demonstrate that their mortal definition of sadism was laughably inadequate. The Tzimisce have left the human condition behind gladly, and now focus on transcending the limitations of the vampiric state. At a casual glance or a brief conversation a Tzimisce appears to be one of the more pleasant vampires. Polite, intelligent and inquisitive they seem a stark contrast to the howling Sabbat mobs or even the apparently more humane Brujah or Nosferatu. However on closer inspection it becomes clear that this is simply a mask hiding something alien and monstrous.
Must rest on earth from home.

The Tzimisce  have the ability to call on and talk to animals, they can sharpen their senses to supernatural level, they can see auras of the dead and living and they have the power to mold flesh and shange a body's appearance with their bare hands

Ventrue
The Ventrue has long been one of the proudest lines of vampires. Its members work hard to maintain a reputation for honor, genteel behavior, and leadership. A sense of noblesse oblige has long pervaded the clan, accompanied by the genuine belief that the Ventrue know what's best for everyone. They not only consider themselves the oldest clan, but see themselves as the enforcers of tradition and the rightful leaders of Kindred society.
They can only drink blood from one type of source.

The Ventrue have the power to command humans and weaker vampires, they can entrance humans in their vicinity and  they can stand much more beating than normal even among vampires.

Juggtacular

Think I'll go Brujah then. Love me some anarchy.

AndyZ

Seems like there's enough folks that I should step aside if there's only 3-4 wanted.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Elven Sex Goddess

Name:  Abigail 'Abby'  Tunney 
Sex:  Female

Background:  Abby grew up about fifty miles from New Orleans.   A bayou gal, through for the better part of her life.  Which is all of it in a nutshell.  She is what one calls a nerd.   A gamer chick, that is one of the guys.    That is one of the geek crowd.   A natural blonde she rarely wear it down   She also wears glasses.   

Growing up  she often visited the city known as the Big Easy.   So when she got accepted to attend  Tulane college with a scholarship.    She through would need to find work.   So she could afford to room in uptown near the college.     Abby finds work in a book store dedicated to Ann Rice in the Garden district nearby.     As well as working a ticket booth for the Audubon zoo on the weekends.   

With working the two jobs it filled up a lot of her time.  Through it allowed her to room at a boarding house in Uptown near the campus of Tulane.       Her free time was filled with her club of gamers, meeting to play such games as pathfinder and Old republic of star wars.    It left no time for her to get out and meet others outside of her clique of nerds. 

Thus the virgin from the bayou still remains a virgin.   Not that Abby didn't   fantasize about such things.    She through would only keep it at such.   

One of Abby's big likes was the books by Dan Brown,  the DiVinci code and  Angels and Demons.    A  special class on Dan Brown and his novels,  through it is only held at night.    Abby would sign up for it.   

There is a reason for the class being held at night only.  The professor is a follower of Set,  a Setite.    Who looks to lure and corrupt the unsuspecting.   

Description:  Forthcoming

Lord of Shadows

A real good  job on Abby, even I hadn't thought it like that I can easily get your professor to be your sire.

So now we have one player more or less done. I'll create an ooc thread as I get home so we get a start on the coming game. I'll also create an info thread for the game. Always good to have.

So to let you know again - you start as humans, you are on a vacation (suggested so far is New Orleans) there the game starts and the... Events take place where you all get embraced. You will be together at the time.

Lord of Shadows

In this thread - you that have got a character approved - can post it there.

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=207364.0

I will also as we go on post all information there as well.

Datawych

Judging by the number of replies, I think I might be too late, but I'll put my interest anyway, in case I'm wrong/someone drops out.

Lord of Shadows

You are not too late, in worse situation I just let more people in.

Datawych

Quote from: Lord of Shadows on June 25, 2014, 03:37:38 PM
You are not too late, in worse situation I just let more people in.
Yeah, but whenever games get really large amounts of people playing, they're far more likely to fail/have pacing issues.

Lord of Shadows

I am aiming for about 3-4 players I so far have one.

Juggtacular

Lord of Shadows

So how are things going? As I said in my first post, this is not system based just freeform so no sheets only what I wrote in the initial post.