Pro-Wrestling Takedown Federation (W.T.F.) - Seeking Diva's

Started by BlackestKnight, August 20, 2013, 09:44:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackestKnight

Approved Wrestler Roster

OOC Thread

WTF indeed, I've been thinking a lot about wrestling as of late,  ever since hearing about the results from last sunday's main event show and watching the monday night raw following Summer Slam. I thought a professional wrestling game might be something worth looking into. Well, even before then I was following the general storyline but I didn't really become invested until sunday night's SWERVE. I really like what WWE is doing right now with this McMahon/Bryan angle.

CM punk is good in anything he's in, the tag team division is interesting again thanks to the prime time players, who I always felt were underrated and in need of facetime with the proper push and finally Superman is away which means the product will improve with Bryan as the headliner.

There's so much talent right now in wrestling it's insane.  Shout-outs to husky harris for bringing the ring psychology back into wrestling, I love his new gimmick.

My faith in professional wrestling hath returned. Call it a second coming miracle resurrection.

I have this idea of a pro-wrestling mega-conglomerate largely based on the WWE, but it's more of a parody, with its own sort of divergent origin story founded by an eccentric texas billionaire. In this universe, everything would remain similar in terms of developments except that there would be no shawn michaels, the rock, john cena or undertaker, etc.

Instead there would be close approximate expies of the superstars, all submitted characters would have to be originals, however I wouldn't mind if someone were to use a face claim of a lesser known star like a dean ambrose or an NXT talent, Randy Orton would be too much.

I'll probably get around to structuring the design for the game either tomorrow or sometime later this week, but I'm interested in hearing feedback from people about what kind of ideas/superstars  they have in mind.  Heels are encouraged as well as Divas!

Wrestling Attributes

Durability:
- Take damage
- Get "busted open"
- Do Finisher kick-outs
- Do lots of strong grapples

Strength:
- Do lots of strikes
- Do Finishers and Signature moves

Speed:
- Do running moves
- Top rope and dive
- Do many quick grapples
- Tasks requiring Agility
- Flexibility

Submission:
- Do submissions
- Attack limbs
- Do ground grapples

Technical:
- Do reversals
- Do technical moves

* Try the same thing for durability, but work on reversing enemy moves. Note
since winning matches are not a criteria, losing isn't as bad when building
the technical stat.

Stamina:
- Do kick outs
- Have stamina active
- Do extended submissions

* Turn on the stamina option for matches and work the meter by having time run
out instead of going for the normal victory conditions. Consider it an
exercise thing, rather than a one-punch ends the match thing.

Charisma:
- Taunts
- Fan favorite move/taunts
- Ability to cut a decent promo/mic skills.

* Fight near the fans and entertain yourself. If you find it entertaining (as
a wrestling fan), it will generally improve this stat.

Hardcore:
- Do strikes/grapples with weapons
- Fight out of the ring

* Use weapons. A lot

More to Come...

Create-a-Superstar!

[float=right][img height=500][/img][/float]
Played by:
Stage Name:
Height:
Weight:
Hometown:
Alignment: (Face, Tweener, Heel)
Gimmick: (A brief description of your wrestler)
Style:  (What kind of wrestler are you? Classic, Power, Hybrid, Striker, Guile, Speedster, Acrobat, Technical, Hardcore, Unorthodox, Olympian )
Signature Move(s):
Trademark Taunt: (Can be a phrase or gesture. Using your trademark taunt can help your wrestler out of a tough spot or give them that extra boost)
Theme Music:

Attributes

Durability: x/10
Strength:x/10
Technique: x/10
Submission: x/10
Speed/Aerial: x/10
Stamina: x/10
Charisma: x/10
Hardcore: x/10
Overall:

Carlissa

Yesterday's show was the first time I can actually say that I enjoyed watching wrestling in a LONG time. I rarely watch wrestling nowadays, since I find the new characters, storylines, and drama to be kinda lame. But after watching RAW yesterday, I'm actually really excited to see what happens next!

I do enjoy the WWE games though. I only buy one every few years (SvR 2006, SvR 2010, and WWE13 are the ones I own right now), but I'm super hyped for 2k14! When I heard Goldberg was going to be in it, I flipped out. Goldberg! Goldberg!!! Goldberg!!!!! *Squeals*

Anyways... if this RP is going to be strictly based off of WWE, then I might bring one of my reoccurring CaW from the video games into play. I never used her in a RP before, but it might be interesting to bring her into a written form.
"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Carlissa on August 20, 2013, 09:57:19 PM
Yesterday's show was the first time I can actually say that I enjoyed watching wrestling in a LONG time. I rarely watch wrestling nowadays, since I find the new characters, storylines, and drama to be kinda lame. But after watching RAW yesterday, I'm actually really excited to see what happens next!

I do enjoy the WWE games though. I only buy one every few years (SvR 2006, SvR 2010, and WWE13 are the ones I own right now), but I'm super hyped for 2k14! When I heard Goldberg was going to be in it, I flipped out. Goldberg! Goldberg!!! Goldberg!!!!! *Squeals*

Anyways... if this RP is going to be strictly based off of WWE, then I might bring one of my reoccurring CaW from the video games into play. I never used her in a RP before, but it might be interesting to bring her into a written form.

Goldberg?

You mean him? He's been back for awhile.  Though he isn't as good as he use to be.

Carlissa

And less entertaining too.

"Damn kids doing work. Back in my day we worked 18 hours a day and still had time for 12 hours of fun before a solid 8 hours of sleep in 24 hours".

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Carlissa on August 20, 2013, 11:28:28 PM
And more boring too.

He's not bad when he sticks to his backstage bully persona, anything else he should stay away from, he's not interesting enough to carry a main event special. His lackluster feud with Cena proved that, midcard hell maybe?  I can see him being a placeholder challenger for the U.S. champion belt or something but they shouldn't give him anything above a world heavyweight belt at best. Speaking of belts, I haven't decided on the look or proper  title of belts I'll be using  for this game. I'm thinking about going for an animal motif here..... Eagle motif for the cruiserweight division championship, Bull for the Intercontinental Championship , gemini for the tag division belts,  A fox for the Vixen's division, Lion for the world heavyweight division,  and Dragon for the WTF Main Belt.

Carlissa

Personally, I think he has potential if the writers really want him to be big star. Look at Daniel Bryan for example. When he was first introduced he was far from being main event worthy, even less so than Ryback. And look at him now, winning the WWE championship only to have it taken away from him, leading to a story arc that has the potential to be on of the best we've seen in a while. Anything is possible.

For the belts... Well, in my opinion, it would be a good idea to keep them more generic like the ones in use today. Not necessarily because they are better than a motif theme, but because it leaves more room for personal customization. Some of the most memorable belts in the history of the WWE were customized by the superstars that had them (Stone-Cold's Smoking Skull, John Cena's spinning belt, ect.). Now I'm not saying that the belt should change appearance every time it changes hands (unless you like that idea), but changing the belts' appearances every once in a while to match the champion's personality would make the title belts a little more interesting themselves.

At least I think so.

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Carlissa on August 21, 2013, 12:09:59 AM
Personally, I think he has potential if the writers really want him to be big star. Look at Daniel Bryan for example. When he was first introduced he was far from being main event worthy, even less so than Ryback. And look at him now, winning the WWE championship only to have it taken away from him, leading to a story arc that has the potential to be on of the best we've seen in a while. Anything is possible.

For the belts... Well, in my opinion, it would be a good idea to keep them more generic like the ones in use today. Not necessarily because they are better than a motif theme, but because it leaves more room for personal customization. Some of the most memorable belts in the history of the WWE were customized by the superstars that had them (Stone-Cold's Smoking Skull, John Cena's spinning belt, ect.). Now I'm not saying that the belt should change appearance every time it changes hands (unless you like that idea), but changing the belts' appearances every once in a while to match the champion's personality would make the title belts a little more interesting themselves.

At least I think so.

I think you have a point there...I'll leave the main event and probably the Vixen's belt open to customization, all the other belts will keep the animal themes.

Countdown0

When you say you picture the company being based on WWE, but more of a parody, what do you mean?

Also, would we be only role playing the kayfabe part and treating it as though it were real and our characters really were larger than life, or is this a true to life wresting rp, where we also play the character off camera and out of character interactions?
My posting rate is SLOOOW at the moment... sorry about that :(

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Hogan

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Countdown0 on August 21, 2013, 01:15:19 AM
When you say you picture the company being based on WWE, but more of a parody, what do you mean?

Also, would we be only role playing the kayfabe part and treating it as though it were real and our characters really were larger than life, or is this a true to life wresting rp, where we also play the character off camera and out of character interactions?

With a name like WTF, it's hard to be 100% completely serious. The fans are aware of this, hence why "WTF" is a favorite chant whenever something inexplicable happens in the ring.

It's an in-joke obviously. If anything I was thinking something along the lines of a satire off the WWE, kinda taken up a notch or two in certain areas(like the WWE's corny anti-bullying public relations campaign, we could parody that a bit, and some of the  antics and politics going on in the WWE on camera and off. Jack swagger's marijuana arrest, darren young's recent coming out of the closet etc) but still present a mostly serious wrestling product, I was thinking just a few jabs or two at the WWE and other wrestling communities.

Whether you want to stick to kayfabe part time or all the time is entirely up to you, you're your own wrestler. I can't tell you how  to conduct yourself away from the cameras.

RubySlippers

I had an idea for a Diva more old school though won't dress like a bimbo and would be the grand daughter of some seriously big name, I'm thinking Crusher Lisowski aka The Crusher out of Wisconsin. Her name: Lady Crusher Lisowski.

An older school sort of wrestler focusing on technique and basic moves not flashy, likely will see Diva's as bimbos and tramps unless they "dress appropriately". I picture her coming from Japan where she had a good career so far and brought in due to her grandfather and she looks good even covered up more than modern Diva's.

xPeachyPuff

I would love to play a DIVA! Absolutely love WWE and wrestling and shizz, so I'm pretty much on board. I know what happened at Summer Slam, but I do need to catch up and actually watch it, haha.

So yeah, sign me up and I'll go look around for some inspiration. I'm thinking of something AJ Lee like, as in small, under-dog typish who's not afraid to use what's needed to get where she wants to be. But at the same time, less crazy :P We'll see.

- Rainbow ♥

InnocentSynn

well I've been doing wrestling related RP for ten years and I've always enjoyed it, so count me in....already got a character in mind with a hell of a history on the e-fed circuit

Carlissa

eFed? Isn't hat some kind of fantasy wrestling or something?

InnocentSynn

depending on where you go, it's actually alot like a large group RP here that's completely focused on wrestling.  The ones I spent the most time on, you would write a post and anyone could follow it up if they wanted.  Only problem I ever had with it was that you had to allow them to take control of your character a bit and it sometimes led to a no-selling situation if they didn't pay attention.

so yes, in a nutshell it was fantasy wrestling lol

Carlissa

So it isn't a single structured society of RPers, but rather a term or play style that describes a way of roleplaying?

InnocentSynn

yes, though from there there are actually sub-categories that define the different styles used by the various e-feds......there's a lot of them and I'm not the best at explaining them, but if you want I can give it a go.

Carlissa

Umm... I mean, I guess you can. It might be a little off topic though...

But then again, BlakestKnight has been casterated, so I'm not sure when he'll be un-casterated and we can start the RP, so maybe it would help... keep... the interest thread alive?... I guess?

Speaking of which, is this RP still happening?

InnocentSynn

well if he doesn't do it, I'll be happy to head up something like it so one way or another, it can happen.

BlackestKnight

RubySlippers

Carlissa

BlackestKnight

I got around to posting a create-a-wrestler sheet for those who are interested in fleshing out their characters a bit more. I'll probably get around to detailing the possible stables/cliques sometime tonight or tomorrow as well as specifics about the organization and the televised shows.

xPeachyPuff

I'm totally still in! (: Gonna look into creating a wrestler now.

- Rainbow ♥

xPeachyPuff

Quick Question!

Anyone wanting a sidekick who's new to the business? Trying to come up with a gimmick for MC. If anyone's interested please PM me or something. Also, just for a reference, I was intending for her to be a Heel, but that's subject to change.

- Rainbow ♥

Kaya

I'd be interested, I always wanted to play in a wrestling game. My inspiration:

I don't understand the character generation though, a little more explanation seems to be required.

BlackestKnight

Played by: BlackestKnight

Stage Name: Action Hank Jackson, "The World's Most Dangerous Man"

Sex: Male

Height: 6'3"

Weight: 245lbs

Hometown: Lansing, Michigan

Alignment: Face

Gimmick: Action Hank's gimmick is that of an over-the-top 90's action hero. With his rugged permastub and his so bad it's good "Be a hero psa's" , he is one of the most over faces currently in the company. He even has his own sidekick, a red-headed little person by the name of Rusty, his faithful companion.

(Merchandise featuring Hank with Rusty)

Style:  Technical-Striker

Signature Move(s):

Signature Throw - Time for Some Action!

Signature Kick - World's Greatest Kick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5T-_nohmyU&feature=fvwp

Signature Punch - Falcon Punch

Signature Submission - It just got real!

Trademark Taunt:  "Time for some Action!" or "Shit Just got Real!"

Theme Music: (Redman ft Cypress Hill - Time 4 Sum Aksion (Mike Tyson entrance)

Attributes

Durability: 8.5/10
Strength:9/10
Technique: 9/10
Submission: 9/10
Speed/Aerial: 8/10
Stamina: 8/10
Charisma: 7.5/10
Hardcore: 8/10
Overall: 67/92

xPeachyPuff

Hello, Hello!

Here is my character. I would appreciate any feedback people may have and am still looking for a partner in crime, if anyone is interest xD Preferably male, but that doesn't matter too much.

- Rainbow

Played by: xSnorkleRainbow
Stage Name: Abigail Scarlett.
Sex: Female.
Height: 5'2"
Weight: 112lbs.
Hometown: Buckinghamshire, England.
Alignment: Heel.
Gimmick: Abigail believe in keeping her friends close and her enemies closer. She is very quick and can be quite witty, enough so that she finds she can talk her way out of most things. She can come off as quite dumb and innocent, causing people to usually underestimate her. She's a very 'live in the moment' kind of girl and doesn't think things through before she does them. Another thing to note is she's also quite the little actor.
Style:  Acrobat - High Flyer.
Signature Move(s): Split Legged Moonsault, The Octopus, Shining Wizard.
Trademark Taunt: Her most used gesture would be the simply taunt of blowing a kiss.
Theme Music: One Girl Revolution - Superchick.

Attributes

Durability: 7/10
Strength: 5/10
Technique: 5/10
Submission: 8/10
Speed/Aerial: 9/10
Stamina: 7/10
Charisma: 7/10
Hardcore: 3/10
Overall: 51

BlackestKnight

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on September 06, 2013, 12:49:22 PM
Quick Question!

Anyone wanting a sidekick who's new to the business? Trying to come up with a gimmick for MC. If anyone's interested please PM me or something. Also, just for a reference, I was intending for her to be a Heel, but that's subject to change.

- Rainbow ♥

I can help you if you're still undecided about the direction of your character. Abigail, I like her so far. Well she's from England, I'm sure there's some things you can relate that to your character background. Looking over your superstar , she kinda reminds me of a brit pop version of Aj Lee. I'm not sure if that's good or bad.

Batman4560

Assuming this is still happening....

Played by: Batman4560
Stage Name: The King Aaron Shaw
Height: 6' 3"
Weight: 221 lbs
Hometown: The United Kingdom
Alignment: Heel
Gimmick: A man born to "Rule the Ring". The king was trained by the best in the U.K. The King quickly found success in every company he went to and by the age of 23 he had held every major wrestling belt in the country. Now He seeks to Rule the United States and prove his dominace by making a stable of Wrestlers that all hold the gold.
Style:  Hybrid Technical/Power
Signature Move(s):  Spinebuster- Jumping Knee drop- The Royal Mutilation (Triple fishermen suplex with a pin.)- "Hail to the King" (Flip piledriver)
Trademark Taunt: A wave to the crowd followed by a bow.
Theme Music: Hail to the king, Avenged Sevenfold

Attributes

Durability: 8.5/10
Strength:8.5/10
Speed/Aerial: 7/10
Charisma: 8/10
Hardcore: 6/10
Overall: 63

Rex Pacis

Hi...hello...sorry for just posting out of the blue but I did throw this together.

Played by: Rex Pacis
Stage Name: Felix "Deathproof" Coronel
Height: 6'0
Weight: 220
Hometown: New York, New York
Alignment: Tweener
Gimmick: Felix can be a man of few words in a world run by them, he prefers to talk in the ring...fists to face. Felix's nickname has much to do with his in-ring style. Ruthless, smash-mouthed, technical, fury Felix is a wrestler's wrestler with a special talent for inflicting pain on both himself and more importantly his opponents. Coronel is best known for being pound for pound one of the toughest men on the roster, able to brush off a beating and see through the blood and tears long enough to hit that critical move. It is this tenacity, wreckless abandon, and testicular fortitude that has lead to many calling Felix a "Deadman walking". While most men seek championships and glory Felix is only after one thing...the next challenge.   

Style: Hybrid Tank
Signature Move(s): To The Three Boroughs (Chimera-Plex), Fujiwara Armbar, Buenas Noches! (Vertabreaker), Now You See Us...(Burning Hammer)
Trademark Taunt: "I can wrestle too!" (Usually after the TTTB, a nice chain wrestling display or a tricky counter.) "A dormir!" (When setting up for a big move.) "What was that? Your sister's suplex?" (When recovering from an opponent's move)
Theme Music: Half-animal

Attributes

Durability: 9.5/10
Strength: 8/10
Technique: 8/10
Speed/Aerial: 7.5/10
Charisma: 7/10
Overall: 64

Hope it's ok. Was gonna go for a technician but since that seems to be filling up I tried to swerve him into more of a brawler. Do I get brownie points for the "testicular fortitude" name drop? xP

Am willing to change up the armbar and Chimera-plex since B-man did beat me to the armbar and triple move combo....but I really love that Chimera-plex.
"We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils."

BlackestKnight

Update
-OOC discussion topic added
-Character Roster topic added

You might want to check the top of the first page for the links to both of which or browse under NC: Human- Freeform Small Groups

Abigail Scarlett and Felix "Deathproof" Coronel are approved.  If you want to establish character relationships and discuss feuds, story angles or potential stables, you're free to do so. I think a central plot is in order. I'm still a little cloudy about the details of that, but I'm always open to ideas and I'm willing to work with everyone.

BlackestKnight

Since I notice we got a few british characters and they're both heels , I'm thinking about doing a british invasion story arc with The King holding the championship strap and Abigail holding down the womens division championship. Looking over his character sheet, I quite like the idea of a british empire staple.  I still need an all american face for this angle to contrast with the King.  My character could do it but I'd rather put someone else on. My guy is pretty much the Rock in-universe, I need a Cena or Daniel Bryan. A rising superstar the likes of Cody Rhodes would also be good for this angle. I like the idea a rookie champion. A somewhat smaller underdog type of guy.

I have a conceptual idea for this stable...

The Royal Flush House

"The House Always Wins"

King -  King, WTF Champion
Queen - Abigail, Diva's divison champion
Jack - can be NPC, holds the intercontinental gold
Ace - can be NPC, tag team champions
Joker - can be NPC tag team champions

xPeachyPuff

Mwahahaha, The British will prevail and wipe out all you other contestants who like to play 'Wrestler'! No one can compair to us so get used to being losers! >D

- Rainbow ♥

Batman4560

Quote from: BlackestKnight on September 07, 2013, 10:48:08 AM
Since I notice we got a few british characters and they're both heels , I'm thinking about doing a british invasion story arc with The King holding the championship strap and Abigail holding down the womens division championship. Looking over his character sheet, I quite like the idea of a british empire staple.  I still need an all american face for this angle to contrast with the King.  My character could do it but I'd rather put someone else on. My guy is pretty much the Rock in-universe, I need a Cena or Daniel Bryan. A rising superstar the likes of Cody Rhodes would also be good for this angle. I like the idea a rookie champion. A somewhat smaller underdog type of guy.

I have a conceptual idea for this stable...

The Royal Flush House

"The House Always Wins"

King -  King, WTF Champion
Queen - Abigail, Diva's divison champion
Jack - can be NPC, holds the intercontinental gold
Ace - can be NPC, tag team champions
Joker - can be NPC tag team champions

The king approves this. Let it be so!

Kaya

Here is my character:

Played by: Kaya
Stage Name: Angel Joy
Sex: female
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 108 lbs
Hometown: Beijing, China
Gimmick: Angel is a Chinese beauty, good-hearted, cute and lovable - but with an edge. She tends to get in over her head. With her background of acrobatics, flexibility and even stunts for Chinese cinema, she is probably one of the best (if not the best) female sellers in the business. She can take a lot of punishment, and she makes it look very real. She does not shy back from ladder or cage matches, she even might fight a male wrestler. She talks with a Chinese accent, but the camera loves her.
Style: Fast and technical Acrobat with Hardcore elements
Signature Move(s): Eat Defeat, Happy Ending Octopus, 5-Star Frog Splash, Figure-four leglock (around the ringpost or ladder), roundhouse kick, missile dropkick
Trademark Taunt: She pulls one strap of her top down, as a sign of respect for Jerry the King Lawler, seemingly increasing the chances of a wardrobe malfunction.
Theme Music: Battlelore - The War of Wrath

Attributes

Durability: 9/10
Strength: 5/10
Submission: 7/10
Stamina: 7/10
Charisma: 9/10
Overall: 62

Additional Pictures:

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Laughing Hyena

Laughing Hyena

Played by: Laughing Hyena
Stage Name: Pulse
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 186lbs
Hometown: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Gimmick: A man with no fear and a never say die attitude, Pulse lives for the excitement that only the squared circle can provide. He loves the adrenaline rush of a difficult challenge and is willing to take on whatever stipulation is needed to show that he is the best. The fans love him because he puts all of himself into the performance and delivers solid technical wrestling combined with nods to the classical era.
Style: Hybrid (Power/Technical)
Signature Move(s): Double Underhook Powerbomb (aka the Flatline) ; Snapmare Neckbreaker (aka the Leap of Faith); Pendulum Backbreaker, Inverted Atomic Drop, Short Clothesline, Spinning/Springboard Dropkick, Suicide Dive
Trademark Taunt: Feral Howl, Kneeling Overhead
Theme Music: Burn it to the Ground - Nickelback

Attributes

Speed/Aerial: 6/10
Stamina: 9/10
Hardcore: 7.5/10
Overall: 65

Primarch

If you're still accepting.

Played by: Primarch
Stage Name: Victor "The Imperator" O'Connor
Height: 6'4
Weight: 285 lbs
Hometown: Cork, Republic of Ireland
Alignment: Heel
Gimmick: Victor's gimmick is an aggressive dominator, established with high impact moves and short matches. Labeled as 'The fastest big guy in the game,' Victor won over early crowds with his impressive displays of athleticism and occasional dry wit. His in-ring ferocity, after match attacks and general unsportsman like behaviour quickly saw a heel turn.   
Style: Hybrid (Power/Speed)
Signature Move(s):
Shield Breaker
Clothesline from Hell
Superkick
Trademark Taunt: Victor has two trademark taunts, after performing his 'shield breaker' move or a similar high-impact slam and achieving a pin Victor taunts "Broken!" over his still 'unconscious' opponent. His other taunt is a reference to the Classic Roman origins to his nickname 'Imperator.' Victor extends a fist with his thumb pointing out sideways before tilting his thumb down. This is usually followed up with a particularly aggressive or callous attack.   
Theme Music: Blood is the Price of Glory

Attributes
Strength:10/10
Speed/Aerial: 10/10
Charisma: 6/10
Hardcore: 6/10

The Imperator

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on September 07, 2013, 06:45:40 PM
Played by: Laughing Hyena
Stage Name: Pulse
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 186lbs
Hometown: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Gimmick: A man with no fear and a never say die attitude, Pulse lives for the excitement that only the squared circle can provide. He loves the adrenaline rush of a difficult challenge and is willing to take on whatever stipulation is needed to show that he is the best. Ever since winning the Championship he has shown himself to be a fighting champion, putting his Title on the Line against opponent after opponent wanting a new challenge.
Style: Hybrid (Power/Technical)
Signature Move(s): Double Underhook Powerbomb (aka the Flatline) ; Snapmare Neckbreaker (aka the Leap of Faith); Pendulum Backbreaker, Inverted Atomic Drop, Short Clothesline, Spinning/Springboard Dropkick
Trademark Taunt: Feral Howl, Kneeling Overhead,
Theme Music: Burn it to the Ground - Nickelback

Attributes

Speed/Aerial: 6/10
Hardcore: 7.5/10

I should specify, I'm not looking for a face champion right at this moment , rather I'm looking for someone who can become champion down the road but for whatever reason hasn't reached that level yet. So your character would not be a champion at all , but a contender most likely. Other than that, welcome to the game. Right now in the story, the championship belt is vacant again, there is no current owner, but there are a lot of people vying for that.

All three characters are approved.

Countdown0

Let me know if he's in :D *below*

Played by: Countdown0

Stage Name: David Morrow

Weight: 232 lbs

Hometown: Edmonton, Albetra, Canada

Gimmick: David Morrow is possibly the ultimate hardcore wrestler to ever make it onto tv. Starting his career in the independent circuit, his fame began to grow when youtube videos of his matches became viral, especially in the wrestling community, where he was often known as 'that crazy bastard'. His combination of charisma, toughness, and ridiculously insane crap he does in his matches, earned him a spot in the big leagues. His debut saw himself and his opponents beating each other with chairs, kendo sticks, bags of tacks, a tire, a roll of barbed wire, and a steel toed boot, among other miscellaneous objects. Since then, the 'this is awesome' chant has followed him everywhere he goes, since the management generally makes his matches no-DQ, knowing that it will sell tickets and PPV buys.

Style: Mostly a Combination of Hardcore and Brawling

Signature Move(s): Spinebuster, Heel Hook Submission, Superplex to outside of Ring, Chair Dropkick, Missile Drop Kick, Body Splash (often from turnbuckle to announce table)

Finisher: Whiplash ===> Running or jumping start into a flip over the opponents head, grasping the head, and dragging it down to the ground with the momentum of the flip. David obviously protects his own head. Can be used to put an opponent through tables, or to take them off of a ledge (such as the stage). Can be done jumping as well as running. Usually performed as an opponent is rising to their feet.

Trademark Taunt: "Do you want it?" to the fans, usually when handling a weapon, or about to set something on fire, or superplexing someone from a high height... the answer is always a loud cheer. "Stop pretending to hit me and hit me!" => When his opponents have him hurt, trying to antagonize him, since he doesn't get intimidated.

Theme Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbGJeXShopk

Attributes

Strength: 7/10
Technique: 8.5/10
Submission: 7.5/10
Charisma: 9.5/10
Hardcore: 10/10
Overall: 68/80

Think of him as a mix between Mick Foley and the Rock. Very Charismatic and with lots of talent, but completely off his rocker when he's actually in the ring.

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

xPeachyPuff

Kaya, your character looks awesome but you mentioned in your Taunt section about Jerry Lawler. I thought Knight said somewhere that the WWE and it's superstars didn't exist in this world or whatever.

And Countdown, your pictures not working xD

Everyone's characters look awesome ^_^

- Rainbow

Countdown0

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Batman4560

Countdown0

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Countdown0 on September 07, 2013, 08:38:42 PM
Let me know if he's in :D *below*

Played by: Countdown0

Stage Name: David Morrow

Weight: 232 lbs

Hometown: Edmonton, Albetra, Canada

Gimmick: David Morrow is possibly the ultimate hardcore wrestler to ever make it onto tv. Starting his career in the independent circuit, his fame began to grow when youtube videos of his matches became viral, especially in the wrestling community, where he was often known as 'that crazy bastard'. His combination of charisma, toughness, and ridiculously insane crap he does in his matches, earned him a spot in the big leagues. His debut saw himself and his opponents beating each other with chairs, kendo sticks, bags of tacks, a tire, a roll of barbed wire, and a steel toed boot, among other miscellaneous objects. Since then, the 'this is awesome' chant has followed him everywhere he goes, since the management generally makes his matches no-DQ, knowing that it will sell tickets and PPV buys.

Style: Mostly a Combination of Hardcore and Brawling

Signature Move(s): Spinebuster, Heel Hook Submission, Superplex to outside of Ring, Chair Dropkick, Missile Drop Kick, Body Splash (often from turnbuckle to announce table)

Trademark Taunt: "Do you want it?" to the fans, usually when handling a weapon, or about to set something on fire, or superplexing someone from a high height... the answer is always a loud cheer. "Stop pretending to hit me and hit me!" => When his opponents have him hurt, trying to antagonize him, since he doesn't get intimidated.

Theme Music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbGJeXShopk

Attributes

Technique: 8.5/10
Submission: 7.5/10
Hardcore: 10/10
Overall: 68/80

Think of him as a mix between Mick Foley and the Rock. Very Charismatic and with lots of talent, but completely off his rocker when he's actually in the ring.

Approved but somethings missing, I don't know.

Countdown0

Quote from: BlackestKnight on September 07, 2013, 11:55:09 PM
Approved but somethings missing, I don't know.

Any ideas then? I'm open to changing him, as long as its not something that ruins the base idea of the character.

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

Batman4560

Everything looks good but I agree. Something seems to be missing...

zenpai

[/URL][/img]
Played by: zenpai
Stage Name: Neven "Anti-hero" Tunner
Sex: male
Height: 6'0
Weight:190
Hometown: Grand Rapid, Michigan
Alignment: Tweener
Gimmick: The not so bad guy. The unlikely hero. The comic book reading. king of the misfits. 
Style: Showman /
Signature Move(s): fall from fame (frog slash), Back stabber, The autograph (jump off the rope into a leg drop.)

Finisher: The hero killer (standing corkscrew neck breaker)
The kryptonite (crippler cross face)
Trademark Taunt: I am the one and only Anti hero.
Theme Music: jambi -tool

Attributes

Durability: 7/10
Strength:5/10
Technique: 7/10
Submission: 6/10
Charisma: 10/10
Hardcore: 4/10
Overall: 56
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Batman4560

zenpai

I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

Hogan

Still very much intersted, I was just out of circulation for a bit.
What do you  guys still need?

Batman4560

Rex Pacis

Countdown, my opinion is your character is missing a legitimate finisher.

I think spine busters are usually set up but you could go with it and while you could go with the heel hook I think it would be weird to have a submission be a hardcore brawler's finisher. A monstrous missile dropkick could work too like Daniel Bryan's and your body splash has no stars...if you catch my drift. xD The chair and super-plex seem too gimmicky to me to be counted as finishers. Other than that I think David is good to go.

I was thinking also, Knight, is it okay if we separate our moves into a finisher and signature section, like Zenpai? I was thinking maybe two finishers and four signatures? Something along the lines of the Smackdown games. Two and two could work too.
"We're all in the same game; just different levels. Dealing with the same hell; just different devils."

Countdown0

Hmm... that's true. I don't have a real finisher... >.<

There, now that problem is solved :D

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Countdown0 on September 08, 2013, 01:02:24 AM
Any ideas then? I'm open to changing him, as long as its not something that ruins the base idea of the character.

I think I know what it is, your guy is just kinda dry, you know what I mean? Even if you can wrestle your ass off, you need a trademark look to establish your character.

I'm fine with the hardcore gimmick, it's just that I'm not sold on the presentation. You're missing the superstar flair.

Note: I probably won't accept another generic badass type character unless they're quirky in some way.

Primarch

Quote from: BlackestKnight on September 08, 2013, 08:37:06 AM
I think I know what it is, your guy is just kinda dry, you know what I mean? Even if you can wrestle your ass off, you need a trademark look to establish your character.

I'm fine with the hardcore gimmick, it's just that I'm not sold on the presentation. You're missing the superstar flair.

Yes.

I think most of our characters can be compared to particular wrestlers either as direct inspiration or fitting the archtype/trope. This character is obviously Mick Foley, he's described to match the part but he doesn't look the part.

Laughing Hyena

Quote from: BlackestKnight on September 07, 2013, 08:10:35 PM
I should specify, I'm not looking for a face champion right at this moment , rather I'm looking for someone who can become champion down the road but for whatever reason hasn't reached that level yet. So your character would not be a champion at all , but a contender most likely. Other than that, welcome to the game. Right now in the story, the championship belt is vacant again, there is no current owner, but there are a lot of people vying for that.

All three characters are approved.

Whoops. I'll adjust accordingly.

Primarch

Not to make the game too complex or anything but should there be a cap on the stats? or some means of deciding how many points each character has to distribute? Because right now there's nothing and its mostly leading to slowly rising increments and its already gotten to the point where "The World's Most Dangerous Man" whom is a passing the torch former Champion has the second highest total stats.

BlackestKnight

Quote from: Primarch on September 08, 2013, 11:01:10 AM
Not to make the game too complex or anything but should there be a cap on the stats? or some means of deciding how many points each character has to distribute? Because right now there's nothing and its mostly leading to slowly rising increments and its already gotten to the point where "The World's Most Dangerous Man" whom is a passing the torch former Champion has the second highest total stats.

Stats have no actual bearing in game aside from mere psychological bragging points, it's just there to establish the aptitudes of a given character, but even then if someone were the most overpowered wrestler in history it wouldn't amount to much if the fans don't receive your character. You would just end up being another shelton benjamin, an uber athlete talent who couldn't get over with the crowd because he's doesn't have the "It" factor of a superstar. If anything, how interesting your gimmick is and how well you can do promos will affect your placement. I don't care too much if people overcompensate with their characters abilities , but at the end of the day you have back it up with substance.

Primarch

Quote from: BlackestKnight on September 08, 2013, 11:13:29 AM
Stats have no actual bearing in game aside from mere psychological bragging points, it's just there to establish the aptitudes of a given character, but even then if someone were the most overpowered wrestler in history it wouldn't amount to much if the fans don't receive your character. You would just end up being another shelton benjamin, an uber athlete talent who couldn't get over with the crowd because he's doesn't have the "It" factor of a superstar. If anything, how interesting your gimmick is and how well you can do promos will affect your placement.

Fair enough.

Batman4560

Its funny you mention Shelton. I was just saying how I really liked him in the ring and I liked his promos.

Laughing Hyena

Any real life examples we wanna name here? I can name a few. ^_^

Rex Pacis

He was the gold standard. Nobody took a super kick like Shelton. :'(

I'm gonna throw Lance Storm out there....if I could be serious for a moment. Good stuff.

Laughing Hyena

Anyway I adjusted Pulse's numbers since they were a valid point and I have clarified the gimmick.

xPeachyPuff

How many characters can we have Knight? I might be interested in making another 'Diva' (:

- Rainbow

Primarch

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on September 08, 2013, 05:13:58 PM
How many characters can we have Knight? I might be interested in making another 'Diva' (:

I like the marks around Dive. :P Shall we except this gal to be a touch less than the traditional understanding?

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Primarch on September 08, 2013, 05:22:52 PM
I like the marks around Dive. :P Shall we except this gal to be a touch less than the traditional understanding?

You'll have to wait and see now, won't you Primarch. So impatient xD

- Rainbow

BlackestKnight

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on September 08, 2013, 05:13:58 PM

- Rainbow

I'll allow 2 for now. I'll also get around to making a list of NPC wrestlers that anyone can use.

Countdown0

Quote from: Primarch on September 08, 2013, 08:40:52 AM
Yes.

I think most of our characters can be compared to particular wrestlers either as direct inspiration or fitting the archtype/trope. This character is obviously Mick Foley, he's described to match the part but he doesn't look the part.

Riiiiiiight... Well, I'm just gonna call myself out of this particular RP.

On's + Off's                             
RP Search Thread
A/A's

xPeachyPuff

Well, here she is. Let me know what you think of her.

- Rainbow

Stage Name: Tori 'The Huntress' Huntsman.
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 126lbs.
Hometown: Los Angeles, California.
Alignment: Tweener.
Gimmick: Tori will do whatever she wants, whenever she wants. If you like her, great; good for you for having your own mind. If you hate her; fuck off. She's very much like marmite and is extremely blunt in what she says; she isn't afraid to speak the truth and that can often get her into trouble.
Style:  Hyrbid - Speedster/Guile/Striker.
Signature Move(s): Headscissor Takedown, Hurricarana, Step up Enziguri, Monkey Flip, Lotus Hold.
Trademark Taunt: Her recurring, most noteworthy comments would be "What?" or "Fuck off." She also likes giving her defeated opponents a kiss on the cheek, leaving a red lipstick mark.
Theme Music: Like It Loud - Myah Marie.

Attributes

Technique: 7.5/10
Submission: 6.5/10
Hardcore: 6.5/10

Primarch

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on September 08, 2013, 07:38:30 PM

I like her shorts. The rest is alright too I suppose.

BlackestKnight

Quote from: xSnorkleRainbow on September 08, 2013, 07:38:30 PM

- Rainbow

Stage Name: Tori 'The Huntress' Huntsman.
Height: 5'4"
Weight: 126lbs.
Hometown: Los Angeles, California.
Alignment: Tweener.
Gimmick: Tori will do whatever she wants, whenever she wants. If you like her, great; good for you for having your own mind. If you hate her; fuck off. She's very much like marmite and is extremely blunt in what she says; she isn't afraid to speak the truth and that can often get her into trouble.
Style:  Hyrbid - Speedster/Guile/Striker.
Signature Move(s): Headscissor Takedown, Hurricarana, Step up Enziguri, Monkey Flip, Lotus Hold.
Trademark Taunt: Her recurring, most noteworthy comments would be "What?" or "Fuck off." She also likes giving her defeated opponents a kiss on the cheek, leaving a red lipstick mark.
Theme Music: Like It Loud - Myah Marie.

Attributes

Technique: 7.5/10
Submission: 6.5/10
Hardcore: 6.5/10

Approved, nice shorts.

zenpai

I don't even get a no. I just get completely ignored. ok

Batman4560

You might have just been missed.

On a side note. King would let Tori win every time for a kiss. ;)

Primarch

xPeachyPuff

Quote from: Batman4560 on September 09, 2013, 12:54:19 PM
You might have just been missed.

On a side note. King would let Tori win every time for a kiss. ;)

Haha, good to know.

- Rainbow