specifically, for problems like:

x^2+y^x=4
y^2= x+2

and:

(Square root= 4x-9)=1

(Cube root= 3x-1)=-4

D: any help would be appreciated.

Trieste

I assume you're needing values for x and y?

Oniya

I'm assuming you're solving for x in these?

The first one is rather troublesome if you are, since you have an x in the exponents.

The second one is very straight-forward.  Start out by swapping the two sides (so x is on the left side), and then isolate x as normal.
--If you are solving this equation for y, it's important to remember that every positive number has two square roots, one positive and one negative, and that taking the square root of both sides applies to the whole side, so you'd end up with two answers.  One would look like the third example, and the other would be the negative of that.

With the third and fourth, you don't have to worry about that, because while every positive number has two square roots, there's only one answer you can get by squaring (or cubing) a given number.  Square (or cube) both sides to get rid of the root symbol, then isolate x.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

WhiteyChan

Wolfram-Alpha is your friend :D

In all seriousness, the first one is pretty tricky, as Oniya said. I'm not sure you can get a single equation for y in terms of x from that. If you can, it'll most likely involve logs to get rid of the power of x term.

Is the second one (y2 = x + 2) a simultaneous equation with the first, or a separate one? If its a separate equation, its easy as - take the square root of both sides to get y in terms of x, or just minus 2 from both sides to get y in term of x. If its a simultaneous equation with the first... Its still not really doable.

The third and fourth ones are easy, as Oniya said as well. Square/cube both sides and rearrange.

Don't hesitate to send me a PM if you need more help - I'm doing a degree in physics, I'm pretty sure I can help with anything you need.

minerva7790

Wait... They're not simultaneous equations, are they? The first pair of equations?
'But I will wear my heart upon my sleeve
For daws to peck at: I am not what I am.'

Ons and Offs ~ Absences and Apologies