Ultimate Teen Titans (Interest Check for Freeform RP)

Started by chaoslord29, March 14, 2013, 10:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaoslord29

Gone is the Golden Age of Super Heroes. Gone is their silver twilight, their dark reflection, their gritty, over the top rebellious phase. We are on the cusp of a new era with new wonders; modern marvels very different from those imagined by the original super scientists and mad doctors of yor, and in it are a new brand of super heroes. The more things change though, the more they stay the same; and while these heroes may be new, the roles they fill, the games they play, the battles they fight have all come before, but never played out the same way twice. It's your role then to take your place in the newest line up of would be super heroes for the next generation! Whether you're a visitor from a different world, a budding teenage mutant, a rebel without a cause, or an existential threat to humanity waiting to happen, there's a place for you as a hero to the people, of the people, and for the people! We'll help you develop those hidden talents, that latent potential into something truly amazing! This is your chance for fame, glory, adventure, all while working with the premier corporate conglomerate in the most exciting fields of research, and humanitarian efforts in the Country. Sign up now at LexCorp office or affiliate and find the nearest recruitment center to you!
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
All applicants must undergo testing and screening, all findings of which are the property of LexCorp Multinational and it's affiliates, who may not be held responsible for any damage or malpractice; no obligation or purchase necessary.

Greetings to all those interested parties! Lately I've been of a mind for a particular kind of superhero/villain roleplay, and rather than try and take on such an undertaking all on my lonesome, I'd like to open it up to all of you to get involved. It's an idea I and a few others tried once before on another forum as a strictly play by post role play game (no adult themes) but didn't get very far for reasons best not dwelt on. This is an interest check to see who might like to help me resurrect it, and how we'd like to go about it.

Inspired by "Ultimate" Marvel reboots of various series into a modern setting with modern twists from their original/60s/80s/90s formats, this RP would be predicated on a similar idea for the DC Universe. Instead of happenstance bringing together a group of spry and youthful superheroes and heroines, this will be a new Teen Titans for the 21st century, a team of team superheroes processed, packaged and sold to the public at large as the latest and greatest Teen Sensations; and who better to back such a project than the megalomaniac corporate mastermind himself, Lex Luthor! Just imagining his own personal band of corporate capes, dependent and loyal to him, and what better way to make the Justice League look like the stodgy, goody-two shoes, stick in the muds they are than with a band of edgy teenage supers all the easier to manipulate. Or at least, that's the surface pitch, wit Luthor there's always something more going on behind the scenes . . .

But that's jumping ahead a little. I am proposing to run a Role Play based on the recruitment and assembly and adventures of said teen super heroes, and would like to see if their are similar like minded individuals. Right now, that's all I need from you guys, state your interest, along with some potential character concepts, and a preference for either free-form or a play-by-post rules and dice system, and we'll see where that takes us. I'm happy to run the game in addition to everything else, taking on the role of Luthor, various heroic and villainous adversaries and whatever extras are required. Some other guidelines and requirements to follow . . .

Give it your best shot all!
My Guiding Light-
'I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.'- Lord Havelock Vetinari
My ideas and O/Os:Darker Tastes and Tales

chaoslord29

Rules at this stage:

• At this point I'd like to limit the field to Canon DC Super Heroes; that is, you may create an original persona, with an original background, even with an original alias/identity, but they should be inspired by or bear some likeness to a DC Universe character.
  • In line with that, all DC Super Heroes and Villains are potentially on the table, no previous or canonical affiliation with the Teen Titans is necessary. Want to play the Joker as class clown of the new Teen Titans? That's fine. Want to make a normal goth girl whose "powers" are simply stage iillusions? Want to call those characters Wild Card and Lady Gray without there ever being any other characters like them in this particular continuity? Go for it!
  • Just because you or someone else has declared there interest in a specific character does not mean they are "taken". Their are enough various incarnations of pretty much every Super Hero and Villain that there's room for people to apply with different concepts of the same "character" and even have them all included in the RP. That will be worked out one we progress from the interest check phase.
  • Feel free to talk and chat as you propose various character ideas, and I will do my best to keep track in this post. If I've left someone out or missed someone, just send me a pm, and I'll update it as often as I can. Furthermore, feel free to discuss any ideas with me you might have, or inquire as to the setting as it's being constructed.
  • All characters will of course conform to Elliquiy's age limit policies and I would encourage all players at this point to put their best foot forward in terms of literacy and potential character content.

Character Guidelines:
While this is obviously a pretty Flexible RP, there are a few guidelines I'd like people to keep in mind during the interest and character creation process for the sake of coherency and thematic reasons:

• Please design your character to fit with the above outline. All other elements of their background and persona are up to you, but they must have come to Mr. Luthor's Teen Titans by some reason or another, and have some reason to participate as part of the team. Could be coercion, brainwashing, naivete, greed, but even if you're submitting Teenage Lobo, I don't want your opening post to be "The Main Man works alone!" as you storm off to do your own thing.
  • Again, in keeping with the theme, try and throw in some flair and get creative with the idea of Corporate Capes. Luthor has conceived of his Titans to be sort of flagships or mascots for his company, great for PR, and even better for potential sponsorships, and while your character doesn't have to like that, it should factor into their membership on the Titans one way or another. If you want examples or ideas, please feel free to contact me and we can hash things out.
  • While we're only in the interest check phase right now, I had envisioned this as a higher level role play, plenty of intrigue and drama with the potential for intimacy of course on the table. The focus of this RP will not be however, a smut driven role play for every boy superhero to score with Starfire and Power Girl. Female characters will not be sex dolls, and male characters should not be focused around that notion. Following the interest check, there will be an application process and preference will be given to complex and well thought out and interesting characters with the most potential for plot hooks and team dynamics.

Character Submission Guidelines:
Given the interest shown so far, we will be moving into a formal character application process, and I would encourage all interested parties to submit a character either here in the thread or by PM to me, according to the profile below. Please keep in mind everything during the interest check phase still applies with preference given to those characters with the best written and most interesting character profiles (as judged by me, with due credit and weight given to public lection). I will be accepti

Character Profile for Submission:

[spoiler]
[b]Real Name, Alias:[/b] Your characters given name, followed by their alias as a Teen Titan
[b]Age:[/b] Effective age should be late adolescence: 16-19 for humans.
[b]Gender:[/b] As it pertains to your character.
[b]Height & Weight:[/b] Doesn't need to be in feet and pounds; could be as simple as tall/slim/short/stocky
[b]Personality:[/b] Just a few sentences to give us a feel for your characters normal demeanor and persona, maybe hinting at the deeper elements to be brought out during play. Followup with any significant and relevant character 'flaws' for completeness.
[b]Abilities:[/b] The specific attributes of your character that make them "super": whether that's the strength to benchpress a bus or simply peak physical fitness; super-science gadgets or duct tape; heat beam eye blasts or throwing cards (whether or not they explode). What gives your character the edge over the average and mundane citizens of this world?
[b]Character Background:[/b] Feel free to reveal as much as you like, or pm me with anything you'd like to remain hidden. Should provide at the very least your origins, the circumstances you grew up in, and the development of any super characteristics, and your characters reasons for looking to join the Titans.
[b]Decription:[/b] A written description of your character is mandatory, even if it is only a few sentences accompanying a picture. All pictures should be in concordance with the Elliquiy rules for public pictures in forums.[/spoiler]

Interested Parties/Proposed Characters:
Chaoslord29- Jason Todd as Robin
Cold Heritage- Majestros as Majestrate
AK47- Starfire
Apygoos- Dick Grayson as Nightwing
Shadow879- Raven
AribethAmkiir
Zenpai- Teen Deathstroke
My Guiding Light-
'I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.'- Lord Havelock Vetinari

apygoos

my young jutice RP has gotten slow moving. need quite a bit of patience before itll get rolling.
i dunno if id be up for "Teen Titans" thoguh

Cold Heritage

I'm interested. I would like to call dibs on Superboy.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

chaoslord29

Quote from: Cold Heritage on March 14, 2013, 11:18:16 PM
I'm interested. I would like to call dibs on Superboy.

Haha, no dibs at present, just proposals for potential characters. Once there's a decent amount of interest I'll ask people to submit formal character applications and work out with one another who exactly they'd like to play and the dynamic they're looking for.

Keep in mind too this is a universe where the Justice League already exists and is somewhat established. Now, that doesn't mean any or all of those characters are off the table. After all, what Comic Book superhero doesn't have 2 or 3 separate incarnations as various individuals and identities throughout various continuities? Not to mention the potential for clones, alternate universe identities, doppplegangers, etc.

So just because you've picked Super Boy, doesn't mean that someone else couldn't play a different superboy. I'm going to play as Luthor, but also as Jason Todd's incarnation of robin. No rules saying someone else can't play as Dick Grayson, Tim Drake, or Damien Wayne also.
My Guiding Light-

Cold Heritage

Fair enough. I'd probably go find something else if you end up using M&M anyway, because the point build is not kind to Paragons.

chaoslord29

Quote from: Cold Heritage on March 14, 2013, 11:28:41 PM
Fair enough. I'd probably go find something else if you end up using M&M anyway, because the point build is not kind to Paragons.

Especially at the Teen Hero PL8 stage as well.

Well that's one vote against M&M. I should probably clarify it would be 3rd Edition . . . .
My Guiding Light-

AKunoichi

I Have an old idea for a re-imaged version of starfire. I don't know much about MnM though, I used MHR to stat her up in a game that fell apart.

chaoslord29

Quote from: AK47 on March 15, 2013, 12:00:53 AM
I Have an old idea for a re-imaged version of starfire. I don't know much about MnM though, I used MHR to stat her up in a game that fell apart.
Cortex System eh? Never played that version myself, but the latest iteration of Marvel's RPG uses the d20 Based Mutants and Masterminds system, very smooth, very simple and if you've played any sort of D20 game (D&D or otherwise) your liable to take to this one like a fish to water.

That said, right now I think even I'm leaning towards a free form Role Play.

I'm curious though about this Starfire idea, and whether you'd like to play it.
My Guiding Light-

Cold Heritage

Really? I'd be keen to check out a Marvel iteration of M&M. Didn't really like the Cortex version.

chaoslord29

Quote from: Cold Heritage on March 15, 2013, 12:12:14 AM
Really? I'd be keen to check out a Marvel iteration of M&M. Didn't really like the Cortex version.

Google it if you like, it's just 3rd Edition though with Marvel on the cover. I will point out this game is DC though XD
My Guiding Light-

AKunoichi

Well I think I'd prefer freform.

As for my starfire idea, her powers are more technical and slightly higher level, the same way Ultimate versions of existing characters are, but her biggest difference is that this version is a nudist. She needs sunlight to recharge her powers, she can survive in any environment, and her culture just doesn't have any nudity taboos.
If somebody asks her to cover up, she'll passive aggressively ignore them, after all normal people can't exactly tell her what to do, and most superheroes don't think it's worth getting into a fight with an alien warrior princess over.
It also helps that her body emits light, which de-emphisizes her naughty bits, so most people let it go.

Differences in powers wise, Aside from the standard flight, super-strength, and invulnerability, she has control over all forms of solar radiation, She can see the entire spectrum, shoot lasers, make a thermonuclear explosion centered on herself (She rarely does this because it drains all her power and causes considerable collateral damage), and possibly if you allow it, turn herself into photons to fly at exactly the speed of light.

Personality wise she'd be a slightly more mature version of the Animated Starfire, rather than the bland personality of new52's slutfire, but she would be just as promiscuous as the latter.

apygoos

freeform if i was going to have any interest in this at all. With Jason Todd as Robin there, it would be odd for me to use my Nightwing so..hm..

also, Starfire has ALWAYS been a slut, but she always comes back to Dick, haha.

chaoslord29

Quote from: AK47 on March 15, 2013, 12:20:36 AM
Well I think I'd prefer freform.

As for my starfire idea, her powers are more technical and slightly higher level, the same way Ultimate versions of existing characters are, but her biggest difference is that this version is a nudist. She needs sunlight to recharge her powers, she can survive in any environment, and her culture just doesn't have any nudity taboos.
If somebody asks her to cover up, she'll passive aggressively ignore them, after all normal people can't exactly tell her what to do, and most superheroes don't think it's worth getting into a fight with an alien warrior princess over.
It also helps that her body emits light, which de-emphisizes her naughty bits, so most people let it go.

Differences in powers wise, Aside from the standard flight, super-strength, and invulnerability, she has control over all forms of solar radiation, She can see the entire spectrum, shoot lasers, make a thermonuclear explosion centered on herself (She rarely does this because it drains all her power and causes considerable collateral damage), and possibly if you allow it, turn herself into photons to fly at exactly the speed of light.

Personality wise she'd be a slightly more mature version of the Animated Starfire, rather than the bland personality of new52's slutfire, but she would be just as promiscuous as the latter.

Got to admit that it's an original take on Starfire's powers, but this is a good a time as anyway to elaborate on something that inevitably comes up in superhero RPs and Games. You've got a lot of focus here on Starfire's powers and while I laud your creativity on that front, it ultimately effects relatively little about her RP wise, because the powers of the superhero are really just the flavor of how the deeper elements of the character are expressed. True, powers are a core component to any caped hero, but at the end of the day it's the comic characters with the most compelling stories and dramatics that make the best heroes, not the ones with the "coolest" powers. For that reason, I'd like to encourage you to flesh out her background and personality a bit more than "Like the anime character but more sexually promiscuous and mature".

Quote from: apygoos on March 15, 2013, 12:21:32 AM
freeform if i was going to have any interest in this at all. With Jason Todd as Robin there, it would be odd for me to use my Nightwing so..hm..

also, Starfire has ALWAYS been a slut, but she always comes back to Dick, haha.

Cute, and like I said, there's no reason Jason and Richard can't roll in the same club. Be cool to see Nightwing and Red Robin working side by side (till Todd decides it's time to hood up).
My Guiding Light-

AKunoichi

AribethAmkiir

Don't believe I'm as interested as I was a few minutes ago.

chaoslord29

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on March 15, 2013, 12:48:22 AM
Don't believe I'm as interested as I was a few minutes ago.

That's unfortunate. But you still posted, is there anything that could be done to change your mind?
My Guiding Light-

apygoos

Dick and Jason never really worked together, not on the same level he and Tim did.

Cold Heritage

Rather than play Superboy, I may explore playing a Czarnian, or perhaps a Kheran. Perhaps a New God, even.

chaoslord29

Quote from: Cold Heritage on March 15, 2013, 01:00:10 AM
Rather than play Superboy, I may explore playing a Czarnian, or perhaps a Kheran. Perhaps a New God, even.

I would love to see Teenage Lobo played, and I think it totally fits to have a badass biker as part of the 'edgy teen supers' even if he is an alien.

Quote from: apygoos on March 15, 2013, 12:58:12 AM
Dick and Jason never really worked together, not on the same level he and Tim did.

Well no but the point here is to do something unique and original still within the vein of the DC Universe with a 21st Century "Ultimate" kind of feel to it.
My Guiding Light-

zenpai

I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

apygoos

A red Lantern is generally viewed as evil.
While i understand were trying to give it an ultimate universe feel, I dont think ultimate Nightwing would be around until Todd has already been killed.

chaoslord29

Quote from: zenpai on March 15, 2013, 01:03:59 AM
can there be red lanterns ?

All depends on how you think you can make a Red Lantern work as part of Luthor's team of corporate pop star super heroes. Got to be honest mate, I can say with no sarcasm that I would love to see you try.

Quote from: apygoos on March 15, 2013, 01:11:56 AM
A red Lantern is generally viewed as evil.
While i understand were trying to give it an ultimate universe feel, I dont think ultimate Nightwing would be around until Todd has already been killed.

Apygoos, I appreciate your input, but that's for the individuals who would like to play the characters of Nightwing and Jason Todd to work out. Players are free to get as original as they like with their backstories and I would encourage them to work together in crafting them as well. Don't feel constrained by what has been done within the DC Universe, get inspired by it!

Hell it occurs to me that Jason Todd would make a great Red Lantern.

@Everyone:
Rules and Guidelines updated.
My Guiding Light-

apygoos

well when you say it like that, What if the Nightwing alias came about becoming a Blue Lantern Corps member? I would say GL, but theres a million earth GLs already.

apygoos

chaoslord29

Quote from: apygoos on March 15, 2013, 01:28:05 AM
perfect picture

Got to admit, it does fit awfully well. My only concern is how you would integrate the different lantern spectrums into the continuity for this game. Like I said though, that's up to you in your character backstory.
My Guiding Light-

zenpai

that's easy as much as i that pop any thing. a red lantern would be the bad boy in the group. If he was told too rob a bank he would rip the whole vault out lol.
I heard joke once: Man goes to doctor. Says he's depressed. Life seems harsh, and cruel. Says he feels all alone in threatening world. Doctor says: "Treatment is simple. The great clown - Pagliacci - is in town. Go see him. That should pick you up." Man bursts into tears. "But doctor..." he says "I am Pagliacci." Good joke. Everybody laugh. Roll on snare drum. Curtains.

Rorschach's Journal. October 12th, 1985: Dog carcass in alley this morning, tire tread on burst stomach. This city is afraid of me. I have seen its true face. The streets are extended gutters and the gutters are full of blood and when the drains finally scab over, all the vermin will drown. The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout "Save us!"... and I'll whisper "no."

apygoos

well the rough idea i have in my head Is that in his final mission as Robin, He and Bats helped out Hal Jordan assisting in an incident on earth. The incident ends up being Fatal for the Blue Lantern, who's Ring then Chooses Dick, his hope that he will never become what Bruce is being the inital spring of Hope that drew the ring to him.

chaoslord29

Quote from: apygoos on March 15, 2013, 01:36:19 AM
well the rough idea i have in my head Is that in his final mission as Robin, He and Bats helped out Hal Jordan assisting in an incident on earth. The incident ends up being Fatal for the Blue Lantern, who's Ring then Chooses Dick, his hope that he will never become what Bruce is being the inital spring of Hope that drew the ring to him.

Now you're cooking with gas!

Next comes the tricky bit, how does someone like that wind up playing Justin Timberlake to Lex Luthor's superhero corporate pop group?
My Guiding Light-

zenpai

i just look in to making an ultimate verson of scare crow.

chaoslord29

Quote from: zenpai on March 15, 2013, 01:55:36 AM
i just look in to making an ultimate verson of scare crow.

Like to clarify that some friend, haha?
My Guiding Light-

zenpai

A Psychology major with a family history of mental illness. takes a experimental drug to prevents or even stop mental illness. The drug changed his brain to Function at an super human level. Reflex, scents, and mental function are in human. Being able to see and grab a speeding bullet out the air. The only permanent improvement is how fast his thinking is. he need to consume to same drug to maintain his superhuman reflexes and scents.  Thanks to lex corp. he has a suit that turn him temporary intangible. Making him able to walk thru walls. His mask looks like a common Halloween mask. The mask has an air filter and tents to reduce the light.  Hi him self mad mad his own fear gas that is both taste and odorless.

apygoos

making scarecrow super powered takes all the fun out of him, imo. scarecrow alone as he is is pretty wicked. That's just my opinion though.

zenpai

Quote from: apygoos on March 15, 2013, 08:11:53 AM
making scarecrow super powered takes all the fun out of him, imo. scarecrow alone as he is is pretty wicked. That's just my opinion though.
He has no real powers. i mean he's not stronger, just can react and think faster. turning intangible just add to the fear factor. i like the idea that he could reach into someones chests and crush their heart with out drawing a drop of blood.

chaoslord29

Quote from: zenpai on March 15, 2013, 03:05:04 AM
A Psychology major with a family history of mental illness. takes a experimental drug to prevents or even stop mental illness. The drug changed his brain to Function at an super human level. Reflex, scents, and mental function are in human. Being able to see and grab a speeding bullet out the air. The only permanent improvement is how fast his thinking is. he need to consume to same drug to maintain his superhuman reflexes and scents.  Thanks to lex corp. he has a suit that turn him temporary intangible. Making him able to walk thru walls. His mask looks like a common Halloween mask. The mask has an air filter and tents to reduce the light.  Hi him self mad mad his own fear gas that is both taste and odorless.

Definitely a cool concept, would make a great villain, but remember that Luthor is trying to put together a team of corporate super heroes that the public can identify with and admire, not a bunch of creepy carnival side show types. How is the PR department supposed to pitch Teen Scarecrow, borderline sociopath designer drug addict who goes around ripping out criminals hearts temple of doom style?
My Guiding Light-

apygoos

wait, they're working for Luthor? I thought that was going to be a second group, split up from the interest. Being realistic, you put Grayson, OR Todd next to Luthor, Luthor will have bat problems in an instant almost

chaoslord29

Quote from: apygoos on March 15, 2013, 12:28:55 PM
wait, they're working for Luthor? I thought that was going to be a second group, split up from the interest. Being realistic, you put Grayson, OR Todd next to Luthor, Luthor will have bat problems in an instant almost

Apygoos I'll ask you to reread both the introductory posts I made. The key here in giving the Teen Titans and "Ultimate" feel is reimagining them as Luthor's attempt to create a hip, edgy team of teen super heroes to act as corporate mascots for his various interests and make the Justice League look bad (at least, on the surface).

And yes, the Dark Knight might not take kindly to having his former protege or his greatest failure partnering up with the Metropolis Magnate, but then, that's just another plothook isn't it?
My Guiding Light-

apygoos

i may have an idea then how to run withthis idea but still keep Dick, Dick. nothing like deep undercover. On that line of thought. "Green Lantern? psh try you some Blue Lantern"

chaoslord29

Quote from: apygoos on March 15, 2013, 01:56:46 PM
i may have an idea then how to run withthis idea but still keep Dick, Dick. nothing like deep undercover. On that line of thought. "Green Lantern? psh try you some Blue Lantern"

I actually had a thought about that as well. Don't Blue Lantern's only have their full powers available in the presence of a Green Lantern?
My Guiding Light-

apygoos

Blue Lanterns get their power from Hope, they have their own power rings and batteries, they do not need Green Lanterns to operate.

chaoslord29

Quote from: apygoos on March 15, 2013, 02:03:43 PM
Blue Lanterns get their power from Hope, they have their own power rings and batteries, they do not need Green Lanterns to operate.

Of course, but I thought they're full powers were only made available to them in proximity to a fellow lantern core member of the Green Spectrum. Otherwise they could still fly and be protected and had minor enhancements of strength and ability, but couldn't create the flashier power ring effects; something about Hope requiring Willpower to be meaningful and realized.
My Guiding Light-

apygoos

I never noted that in any of the comics, but looking it up on the DC wiki, this point seems valid..it seems the only other corp that would fit Dick is the Green Lantern's.. *sighs* I was hoping for a more unique twist there, but I dunno, that realization threw a wrench into my plans, lol.

chaoslord29

Quote from: apygoos on March 15, 2013, 02:23:58 PM
I never noted that in any of the comics, but looking it up on the DC wiki, this point seems valid..it seems the only other corp that would fit Dick is the Green Lantern's.. *sighs* I was hoping for a more unique twist there, but I dunno, that realization threw a wrench into my plans, lol.

Well hey it's not like we're doing anything else 'by the book' as it were. We could edit or remove that particular limitation, but I think we still have the same problem that now you're basically just a Green Lantern with a different color filter. Why not play off the 'hope' theme and give the Blue Ring a different sort of quirk or aspect to it that makes it distinct from a Green Ring.
My Guiding Light-

apygoos

Well, aside from being fueled by a different emotion, im not quite sure how else you would make it distinct. The Blue Lanterns are the most powerful of the corps. To most any commoner, They would be just like the GL's but Blue. I'm open to suggestions that might make a  Blue Lantern work.

AribethAmkiir

Are you planning on rewriting Dick's history, as well?  I don't see how having his parents murdered in front of him lays a firm groundwork for a character who has unbridled, unshakeable hope. 

apygoos

Its his hope that he does not turn into the bat, that would be his initial fuel as I saw it. Even then that may be better grounds for a Green Lantern but then that brings me back to the point of there is already a million of them. I may be back to the drawing board with Dick, I dunno...
I have one other farfetcehd idea, but that is a radical rewrite of Dick Grayson's history

chaoslord29

Quote from: apygoos on March 15, 2013, 02:52:18 PM
Its his hope that he does not turn into the bat, that would be his initial fuel as I saw it. Even then that may be better grounds for a Green Lantern but then that brings me back to the point of there is already a million of them. I may be back to the drawing board with Dick, I dunno...
I have one other farfetcehd idea, but that is a radical rewrite of Dick Grayson's history

Suppose I told you the character history I'm going with for Jason Todd has him never actually serving as Batman's sidekick? There's till the bit at the beginning with him jacking the tires off the batmobile, but instead of becoming Robin, Batman leaves him be, simply encourages him to get back on the right track. A young Jason is inspired by this, and so teaches and trainshimself to walk in the path of his idol and become the next Robin, but when he first dons the costume and approaches Batman, the Dark Knight rejects him and dencounces him as a misguided child. Jason is embittered by the experience, and so seeks a position in Luthor's Teen Titans, still under the guise of Robin, as an insult to his former idol.

How would you feel about your character's history now?
My Guiding Light-

apygoos

Jason isn;t the issue[ anymore] with the set up i have with the lantern thing.

If you were wondering what my alternative in mind was. What if It was Clark Kent who witnessed the death of Dicks parents, and not Bruce Wayne? Clark Takes in Richard, who eventually learns that he is Superman. Wanting to become more like Superman, Clark tells Dick of the story of the kryptonian vigilante Nightwing [that story IS cannon actually though]. And Dick becomes Nightwing as Superman's sidekick. the whole Luthor team part of it would still be "keeping an eye on Luthor". with this idea, Grayson may have superpowers, i dunno never decided on that when coming up with this alternative. Yhat though is a RADICAL rewrite of Grayson's history.

chaoslord29

Quote from: apygoos on March 15, 2013, 03:21:24 PM
Jason isn;t the issue[ anymore] with the set up i have with the lantern thing.

If you were wondering what my alternative in mind was. What if It was Clark Kent who witnessed the death of Dicks parents, and not Bruce Wayne? Clark Takes in Richard, who eventually learns that he is Superman. Wanting to become more like Superman, Clark tells Dick of the story of the kryptonian vigilante Nightwing [that story IS cannon actually though]. And Dick becomes Nightwing as Superman's sidekick. the whole Luthor team part of it would still be "keeping an eye on Luthor". with this idea, Grayson may have superpowers, i dunno never decided on that when coming up with this alternative. Yhat though is a RADICAL rewrite of Grayson's history.

You know it is, but it's also still really cool. Kind of like combining Jimmy with Richard into the ultimate heroe's sidekick. Especially if he takes it on himself to join the Teen Titans both to try and be a hero like his idol and keep an eye on Luthor. I would downplay a connection between th two in that case, more Jimmy Olson/Superman than having Clark Kent play foster father to him, even to the point of not knowing Clark Kent is Superman.
My Guiding Light-

apygoos

so perhaps Lois Lane then? it keeps that distance from supes secret identity as clark, but lets him be just close enough to be in that companion role to the man of steel. Though thats one avenue i could take it, id like though to try and keep Dick's roots with the bat. If you're taking that route with Jason, Dick's normal history may work, though he'd likely be the oldest on the team.
still a lot of possibilities.

chaoslord29

Quote from: apygoos on March 15, 2013, 03:51:03 PM
so perhaps Lois Lane then? it keeps that distance from supes secret identity as clark, but lets him be just close enough to be in that companion role to the man of steel. Though thats one avenue i could take it, id like though to try and keep Dick's roots with the bat. If you're taking that route with Jason, Dick's normal history may work, though he'd likely be the oldest on the team.
still a lot of possibilities.

That's half the fun though isn't it?
My Guiding Light-

apygoos

I'll just wait and see what other interest/stories come forth, then i suppose I'll just use the one that is most constructive to the plot.

Shadow879

Please do not draw and quarter me for knowing nothing of the subject matter, but I never bothered to read the comics, I just watched the television show Teen Titans, and my favorite character was always Raven, but I've seen no mention of she or BeastBoy.

Are they not in this canon? Or it is just nobody likes them? :D

I'd like to play Raven if the game gets going.
Never back down, never look back.

How to make love to the Dark

Cold Heritage

It's just more the case that this is sort an alternative interpretation of things. So someone could play, say, Beast Boy, and play him like he was on the Teen Titans cartoon, or play him to an entirely different vision of the character that is strange and different and scary because he's nothing like the Beast Boy you know and love.

I've given it some more thought, and I want to put forward the Kheran concept that resulted from it.

The character would be a spin off of Majestrate, the son of Mr. Majestic. The New 52 spins the Wildstorm universe into the main DC on, but before that the Wildstorm universe had several crossovers with the main DC universe. If the two are to be separate, I would explain the character's presence in the game world as an accident that saw the ship he was on traverse the Bleed from his native dimension into the game one. If it's tenable that the Wildstorm elements simply exist in this Ultimate-ized universe, then an accident as I go on to describe is sufficient.

For this spin on the character, I would have him be comparatively older than the other characters in terms of pure chronological age, but in terms of emotional/mental/physical/perceived maturity, he would be roughly analogous in human terms to them. He would be on Earth after his vessel, damaged in battle with the Daemonites, crashes on . . . let's say Titan. Recovered by a LexCorp space salvage team, Majestrate recovers in a LexCorp facility on Earth. His vessel is really too damaged to be of any use to the character himself, but Luthor offers his expertise and resources to attempt to reverse-engineer the technology so as to create a new working copy of the vessel for Majestrate (and of course Luthor would use the advances for his own purposes, mundane and nefarious).

In the interim (given the tremendous gulf between human science and that of Kherans) Majestrate would avail himself of Luthor's other offer: to join the new team that is being put together. Majestrate would be intrigued, and deign to lower himself to such an ignoble usage after finding out that Earth is home to at least one Kryptonian. Potentially discovering Daemonite activity on Earth would further cement Majestrate's commitment to the team, and he would probably enjoy the challenges posed in combating Earth's varied metahuman population.

His aloof nature would be spun into a positive: media portrayals would depict Majestros as a sad, lonely little lost alien boy who keeps barriers up to protect himself, but deep down he's really sensitive and if the right girl played her cards right and held out long enough for him to let her in she could totally help fix his secret pain, teach him about this strange human emotion called 'love,' and tame his extraterrestrial heart.

chaoslord29

Quote from: Shadow879 on March 15, 2013, 05:16:42 PM
Please do not draw and quarter me for knowing nothing of the subject matter, but I never bothered to read the comics, I just watched the television show Teen Titans, and my favorite character was always Raven, but I've seen no mention of she or BeastBoy.

Are they not in this canon? Or it is just nobody likes them? :D

I'd like to play Raven if the game gets going.
You needn't be at all apprehensive about coming to this RP with no more knowledge of the Teen Titans than the animated series, that's plenty to work off of.

This is a wholly original canon inspired by the Teen Titans of canon, reincarnated in a 21st Century format akin to Marvel's "Ultimate" series reboots.  Raven and Beastboy have not been pitched yet, but they are of course welcome in this RP, and if you want to play Raven, you are of course welcome to!

The only conditions are that you need to create your character in line with the idea of someone who would find themselves on a team of corporate-backed teen heroes. How you go about doing that is entirely up to you ^_^

Quote from: Cold Heritage on March 15, 2013, 05:37:35 PM
It's just more the case that this is sort an alternative interpretation of things. So someone could play, say, Beast Boy, and play him like he was on the Teen Titans cartoon, or play him to an entirely different vision of the character that is strange and different and scary because he's nothing like the Beast Boy you know and love.

I've given it some more thought, and I want to put forward the Kheran concept that resulted from it.

The character would be a spin off of Majestrate, the son of Mr. Majestic. The New 52 spins the Wildstorm universe into the main DC on, but before that the Wildstorm universe had several crossovers with the main DC universe. If the two are to be separate, I would explain the character's presence in the game world as an accident that saw the ship he was on traverse the Bleed from his native dimension into the game one. If it's tenable that the Wildstorm elements simply exist in this Ultimate-ized universe, then an accident as I go on to describe is sufficient.

For this spin on the character, I would have him be comparatively older than the other characters in terms of pure chronological age, but in terms of emotional/mental/physical/perceived maturity, he would be roughly analogous in human terms to them. He would be on Earth after his vessel, damaged in battle with the Daemonites, crashes on . . . let's say Titan. Recovered by a LexCorp space salvage team, Majestrate recovers in a LexCorp facility on Earth. His vessel is really too damaged to be of any use to the character himself, but Luthor offers his expertise and resources to attempt to reverse-engineer the technology so as to create a new working copy of the vessel for Majestrate (and of course Luthor would use the advances for his own purposes, mundane and nefarious).

In the interim (given the tremendous gulf between human science and that of Kherans) Majestrate would avail himself of Luthor's other offer: to join the new team that is being put together. Majestrate would be intrigued, and deign to lower himself to such an ignoble usage after finding out that Earth is home to at least one Kryptonian. Potentially discovering Daemonite activity on Earth would further cement Majestrate's commitment to the team, and he would probably enjoy the challenges posed in combating Earth's varied metahuman population.

His aloof nature would be spun into a positive: media portrayals would depict Majestros as a sad, lonely little lost alien boy who keeps barriers up to protect himself, but deep down he's really sensitive and if the right girl played her cards right and held out long enough for him to let her in she could totally help fix his secret pain, teach him about this strange human emotion called 'love,' and tame his extraterrestrial heart.

You sir, have hit the proverbial nail on the head. This is exactly the kind of character I think would be right at home in this particular reimagining, and I would encourage anyone and everyone interested in applying to follow this example.

@Everyone
Assuming we can scrounge up a few more character ideas and submissions, I think we could definitely move into a more formal application process this weekend.
My Guiding Light-

zenpai

i am trying to think of a hero type but it hard to think of one that not over rated. I am too much into the aniti hero types

chaoslord29

Quote from: zenpai on March 15, 2013, 06:04:50 PM
i am trying to think of a hero type but it hard to think of one that not over rated. I am too much into the aniti hero types

An anti-hero isn't strictly off the table, so long as you (or LexCorp's PR department) can still find a way to pitch them as media friendly, and they have a reason to be working with the team. Maybe I can help a bit, whose you're ideal archetype of an anti-hero?
My Guiding Light-

zenpai

from Dc: The Phantom Stranger and the lantern corps. From Marvel deadpol, and all the members of project X, blade, cable, arch angel. from dark horse Spawn and most of the people from hellsing.

i forgot The Spectre

chaoslord29

Quote from: zenpai on March 15, 2013, 06:29:42 PM
from Dc: The Phantom Stranger and the lantern corps. From Marvel deadpol, and all the merbers of project X, blade, cable, arch angel. from dark horse Spawn and most of the people from hellsing.

Not terribly familiar with Phantom Stranger, but handling a Deadpool type character wouldn't be too much of a challenge, especially given how campy he tends to be. You've got his DC counterpart, Deathstroke, already as part of the Titans canon, and you could give that character a twist to make them more appropriate as an edgy teenage hero. The only real roadblock with any of the characters you mentioned is that they're not just anti-heroes, they're also loners, solo comic heroes who don't really do the whole team thing almost as an integral part of their characters. I would look at why characters like Deadpool and Cable do occasionally team up (and they do) and see if you can spin that into a reason for one of your DC favorites to be a part of Luthor's Corporate Capes.
My Guiding Light-

Shadow879

Quote from: chaoslord29 on March 15, 2013, 05:49:17 PM
You needn't be at all apprehensive about coming to this RP with no more knowledge of the Teen Titans than the animated series, that's plenty to work off of.

This is a wholly original canon inspired by the Teen Titans of canon, reincarnated in a 21st Century format akin to Marvel's "Ultimate" series reboots.  Raven and Beastboy have not been pitched yet, but they are of course welcome in this RP, and if you want to play Raven, you are of course welcome to!

The only conditions are that you need to create your character in line with the idea of someone who would find themselves on a team of corporate-backed teen heroes. How you go about doing that is entirely up to you ^_^

You sir, have hit the proverbial nail on the head. This is exactly the kind of character I think would be right at home in this particular reimagining, and I would encourage anyone and everyone interested in applying to follow this example.

@Everyone
Assuming we can scrounge up a few more character ideas and submissions, I think we could definitely move into a more formal application process this weekend.

Heh, Cold Heritage's post involved about two sentences that I knew anything about.

I'll do my best to spin Raven into a media-friendly image, although I really loved Raven's attitude, so I figure off the record she's relatively similar to the TV show. Will come back with an idea later tonight.

apygoos

so my question becomes: the traditional Nightwing, or the completly alterd history one?
Unfortunately i dont think i can get the lantern one to work with whats been discussed :(

AribethAmkiir

zenpai

i could make a deathstorke Like teenager. He was the product of a super solder program. his mother unknowingly had her unborn child experimented on. Deathstorke gains his power after puperty and works for money

AKunoichi

I still haven't gotten a solid confirmation from Chaoslord.

Cold Heritage

Quote from: Shadow879 on March 16, 2013, 02:28:26 AM
I'll do my best to spin Raven into a media-friendly image, although I really loved Raven's attitude, so I figure off the record she's relatively similar to the TV show. Will come back with an idea later tonight.

The LuthorCorp PR department could probably spin show Raven into something meant to appeal to the goth/Hot Topic demographic pretty handily, so I don't imagine that you would have to really change much. Granted it's been a while since I watched the Teen Titans show.

Personally I like to imagine LuthorCorp marketing waffles with purple marshmallow bits baked in them, with Raven's face on the box, her expression all dour and gloomy as she gives an insincere thumbs up.

Shadow879

Quote from: Cold Heritage on March 16, 2013, 11:20:28 PM
The LuthorCorp PR department could probably spin show Raven into something meant to appeal to the goth/Hot Topic demographic pretty handily, so I don't imagine that you would have to really change much. Granted it's been a while since I watched the Teen Titans show.

Personally I like to imagine LuthorCorp marketing waffles with purple marshmallow bits baked in them, with Raven's face on the box, her expression all dour and gloomy as she gives an insincere thumbs up.

That made me laugh. The made my sides hurt, actually.

I'm just not sure at this point why Raven would be a corporate mascot. Trying to figure what would motivate her to do that.

Cold Heritage

Maybe Raven had an incident where she lost control and her powers caused a lot of damage, and Luthor made all of the consequences go away, offering her the very best training and support (perhaps even going so far as to having Raven hooked on an emotion suppressing drug that LexCorp has the patent on)? Or maybe she went to the Justice League and asked for their help because Trigon is coming and Batman was all, "magic doesn't exist," forcing Raven to seek alternative support in Lex Luthor's camp? I guess it depends on how close to the show Raven's backstory and stuff ends up being with your version of her. But I think if you can identify a need or a weakness that can be addressed by being part of a group, you'll find something that'll motivate the character.

AribethAmkiir

Just rewrite Raven's history.  Have her be a bit more susceptible to her demon side and a little less altruistic.  Could even have her be a bit emotional and see what that would do with her powers.

Shadow879

Quote from: Cold Heritage on March 17, 2013, 12:21:14 AM
Maybe Raven had an incident where she lost control and her powers caused a lot of damage, and Luthor made all of the consequences go away, offering her the very best training and support (perhaps even going so far as to having Raven hooked on an emotion suppressing drug that LexCorp has the patent on)? Or maybe she went to the Justice League and asked for their help because Trigon is coming and Batman was all, "magic doesn't exist," forcing Raven to seek alternative support in Lex Luthor's camp? I guess it depends on how close to the show Raven's backstory and stuff ends up being with your version of her. But I think if you can identify a need or a weakness that can be addressed by being part of a group, you'll find something that'll motivate the character.

I like that first idea, minus the drug. Thank you, I'll elaborate on it. :)

I figure I might stick fairly closely with the backstory I know.

I kinda feel like an idjet because I have to ask for simple story prompts, but I have not had the creative juices flowing since 2011, and so all the gears are a bit rusty. Please bare with me :)

Quote from: AribethAmkiir on March 17, 2013, 01:01:02 AM
Just rewrite Raven's history.  Have her be a bit more susceptible to her demon side and a little less altruistic.  Could even have her be a bit emotional and see what that would do with her powers.

I was thinking the emotional one. I like the altruism. That would tie in with the first suggestion Cold Heritage had.

apygoos

I wish my Young Justice RP still talked back and forth this much..

apygoos

...my god ..."Teen Titans GO!" looks even worse than i thought it was going to be >.<

chaoslord29

Quote from: Shadow879 on March 17, 2013, 03:38:08 AM
I like that first idea, minus the drug. Thank you, I'll elaborate on it. :)

I figure I might stick fairly closely with the backstory I know.

I kinda feel like an idjet because I have to ask for simple story prompts, but I have not had the creative juices flowing since 2011, and so all the gears are a bit rusty. Please bare with me :)

I was thinking the emotional one. I like the altruism. That would tie in with the first suggestion Cold Heritage had.

Glad to see you're enjoying yourself, and I can't thank Aribeth or Cold Heritage enough for the help here. I think you could draw both elements into a very congruent story line that would fit with this reimagined origin for the Teen Titans.

Raven as a troubled teen struggling to control the demonic magics that are the product of her bloodline, finding herself rejected by the other heroic organizations and types for being too young, lacking discipline, finds that Mr. Luthor is all too willing to give her the help she needs as well as provide some creature comforts aside (designer labels, personal chef, penthouse suite in Titan Tower, expense account, etc). Needless to say this appeals to her more demonic predilections and as long as she can grit her teeth and get through the occasional photo-shoot or press conference, and her 'teammates' don't get on her nerves too much, it's as close to the good life as she could know.

Or at least, I could envision that very easily and fitting in very well with what we have so far. As always, feel free to tailor it to what you think would be most interesting to play and we can always make any new elements or edits fit in the setting.
My Guiding Light-

AribethAmkiir

AKunoichi

I could see starfire being very Naive and easily manipulated by Lexicorp. As for her nudity, sex sells, also because he skin emits light, it should be easy enough to sensor out her actual bits on camera, you need to adjust the exposure to be able to see anything but a very curvy bright whitish orange silhouette.

As I told Chaoslord, although sexuality is an important part of my character (Sex and super-heroism are the only parts of human culture she can readily identify with) I don't intend to be doing a whole lot of on screen cybersex. One thing I've found while role-playing, is that being sexy is more interesting than having sex. Also sex scenes are really good at derailing campaigns because they tend to be much slower paced than other scenes.
While I could see my character having sexual relations with anybody, I'd prefer they be brief and not take up a lot of detail. Just the beginning or ending of an encounter, or implications of something that happened off-screen.
My character may be hypersexualized, but this is a game about superheros.

chaoslord29

Good News Everyone! We'll be moving into the more formal application and character submission process and I would encourage everyone who has posted so far to apply, as well as anyone else who might be lurking around out there, waiting to see how this all developes.

Please see the second post in the forum for the profile I would like everyone to use then either post it here (spoilered) or send me a private message or both. I will provide input and feedback to help everyone put their best foot forward and would encourage others here on the thread to do the same, as I will be accepting only the profiles which display the most creativity and exhibit the best writing ability, so be sure to put your skills on display.

Don't be discouraged or disheartened though if you feel you might not be up to snuff, everyone will be duly considered and you are welcome to submit multiple profiles (if you can find the time XD) even if they overlap with other submissions for canon characters.

I will be posting my own profile for Jason Todd later today as an example, but please feel free to post your own if you can get it done ahead of me and please remember to
it.

Best of Luck!
My Guiding Light-

Cold Heritage

Majestrate, alias Kid Majestic

Real Name, Alias: Majestrate, alias Kid Majestic
Age: Chronologically 127 Earth years, comparable to a human of 18, particularly one from an area where that age bestows franchise, ability to consume regulated substance such as tobacco and alcohol, and participate in regulated activities such as gambling and operating a motor vehicle.
Height & Weight: Majestrate stands 6'10" and weighs 336 lbs.
Personality:

Majestrate is emotionally restrained. He frequently appears to be aloof and withdrawn from the world around him, regarding everything with what often appears to be mild distaste or disdain. His composure and emotional control is exceptional, and there is very little that can overwhelm his Kheran self-control. Retaining composure is immensely important to him; losing composure would be a greater loss of face than any reason he might have over losing that composure. Majestrate feels entitled to a high position and its attendant benefits; he sees wealth and power as his birthright. Accordingly, because he was born to power, he feels responsibility to those beneath him, raised also to hold to a sense of noblesse oblige. It falls to him to aid the people of Earth because he has the power, and thus the responsibility to do so. And while Majestrate might be arrogant and haughty - while believing himself tolerant of Earth and humanity's many faults - he recognizes that he is better able to discharge his responsibility to the lessers by working with those amongst humanity who have risen above the common rabble: exceptional individuals such as the incomparable Lex Luthor.

Raised to hold a blade, Majestrate is no stranger to combat, and while he feels fear he is master of it. There is no foe whom he would refuse to face in combat, though he is not so brash that he would not withdraw from the fight were it the more prudent and tactical response. Were it called for, Majestrate would sell his life at the dearest cost to protect those beneath him, were he to deem it the best possible option. Being raised and groomed to eventually hold the position of warlord may, however, have biased Majestrate towards solutions to problems that involve unnecessary violence; he may try to enact violent solution to a problem that might have been resolved diplomatically. In fact, Majestrate enjoys the purity of combat; he is not a political animal and is most himself when he is engaged in combat with an enemy that may provide him some challenge.

Empathy for those beneath him is not something Majestrate experiences nor would he deign to experience; his concern is that the masses are safe, doing their jobs, and in their place. The society of the Kherans is caste-based, and Majestrate feels a faint pity towards humanity's - to him - haphazard social structure. That humans die of hunger and disease shocks him. That those in power permit it to happen offends him.

While the name Majestros means nothing to humanity, it is the name of one of the most puissant, celebrated, and accomplished of the Kherubim High Lords, and it is the name of Majestrate's father. Every action Majestrate takes is filtered through the lens of what he believes his father would do, and every ability he has is held against the metric of his father's capabilities. The young Kherubim might well fare better attempting to escape a black hole than try to escape from under the shadow of his father.

Although likely to at first be disinterested with Earth culture, the demands of being part of Luthor's teen team will soon enough expose Majestrate to a lot of things he might in retrospect prefer not to have had contact with, but also things he might come to enjoy. It is also likely to be of great interest to Majestrate how many extraterrestrials call Earth home.

Abilities:

As a Kherubim Lord, Majestrate enjoys heights of power unknown by lesser members of his species and various Kherubim subspecies. His lifespan is nigh immeasurable, and his natural life is ineffably long - Kheran Lords invariably die in battle or undertake a ritual ascension to a higher plane before dying of natural causes. As a result of this long lifespan, Kheran fertility is low as a safeguard against population explosion - Kheran pairings produce pregnancies and live offspring with incredible infrequency. Matings of Kherubim with other species suffer no such obstacles and are generally viable, with Kheran genes tending to dominate. His physiology endows Majestrate with several powers:

• Superhuman Strength: Majestrate possesses incredible physical might. He may lift 200,000 metric tons with ease. This strength will increase as Majestros ages.
  • Invulnerability: Majestrate's capacity to resist physical harm is truly astounding. He may resist bullets, lasers, bombs, and even survive in the vacuum of space without injury.
  • Superhuman Stamina: It is nigh impossible to fatigue Majestrate; he may operate at his peak without food or rest while exerting himself for great lengths of time.
  • Superhuman Speed: Majestrate is able to react and move at speeds well beyond human norms; it is trivial for him to dodge a bullet.
  • Super-Breath: Majestrate is able, thanks to his great strength, to expel air at great speeds. He is able to 'cool' this breath, as well, to freeze objects solid. Likewise, he is able to achieve sufficient volume with vocalizations to cause harm to others.
  • Flight: Majestrate is able to fly under his own power, able to achieve speeds several times that of sound, and is even capable of speed sufficient to escape Earth's gravity.
  • Energy Projection: Majestrate is capable of projecting energy from his eyes and hands in varying modes. He may project light, heat, and force either distinctly, or blended together. While Majestrate lacks that skill to employ this power in the more nuanced and esoteric methods of older Lord, it remains a potent means of offense in his arsenal.
  • Superhuman Senses: Majestrate possesses senses that are more accurate, broad, and potent than those of humans. He is able to perceive outside normal human visual ranges and hear outside normal human audio frequencies. Those attempting to annoy him with dog whistles will receive a single warning.

Majestrate is also a very experienced combatant. He is proficient in unarmed combat and the use of bladed weaponry, though swords represent his greatest area of expertise. His skills are the result of practice, study, and experience, and if he were depowered he would still be capable of fighting and defending himself. Majestrate is an adept gymnast, possessing agility and dexterity as honed as his combat abilities.

Character Background:

Majestrate is the son of High Lord Majestros of the Kherubim Pantheon, and Priestess Zehranna. As Kherubim tradition dictates, his mother became a priestess after giving birth to him, and Majestrate was raised exclusively by his father and members of his house. Majestros was an attentive father, by Kherubim standards, and taught his son many important lessons when duties to the Pantheon, house, and Daemonite War permitted. There were many tutors that instructed Majestrate in science, politics, literature, and the ways of the warrior. An apt pupil, Majestrate performed well but never received a word or sign of praise from his father, and the young boy's disappointment was hidden beneath a mask of adamantine Kheran aloofness. There was no kindness, and no comfort from the many servants who had a hand in raising Majestrate, and by design. All Lord children were raised so. He endured without complaint. No less was expected of him.

When Majestrate was thirty Earth standard years, he was placed in command of a small contingent of Kherubim soldiers and sent to fight in the Kherubim's ancient war against its hated foes, the Daemonites. Majestrate proved himself an adept warrior, but his accomplishments were rendered trivial by comparison to his father, and on occasion even dismissed as political fabrications. It was immaterial to Majestrate. He learned of the weaknesses of the Shapers and Titanthropes and other Kheran subspecies who lacked Majestrate's power, this knowledge formed the basis of strong bonds to soldiers. And soon, his loyalty was first to those under his command, and on a hundred different worlds Majestrate fought not for Khera, not for glory, and not even for victory: he fought to bring the soldiers he commanded home.  Most often Majestrate was victorious, and when it was time, he spent lives at the dearest cost and only out of absolute need. The decision to do so was never easy, and never taken lightly.

The Daemonite War stretched across many stars, and one of them includes Sol. Majestrate undertook a mission to attack a Daemonite facility on Titan, and he destroyed it utterly, killing all Daemonites within. He had embarked into his ship with the intention of returning to report his success to the nearest Kheran outpost, but Earthbound Daemonites had detected his ship and launched a punitive attack for his disruption of their interests in space. His ship was crippled, and the attack left Majestrate comatose. A LexCorp observation satellite detected Majestrate's crippled ship, floating aimlessly, and a manned expedition was launched by LexCorp's space arm to recover the vessel. The initial goal was the craft itself, and the alien technologies that could be harvested from it. Finding Majestrate proved to be something of a boon. The Kherubim's natural recuperative powers eventually healed his injuries, and he awoke in a LexCorp facility in Star City.

The awakening of the Kherubim after a three month coma was not pleasant. The damages reached into the millions. Attempts to restrain Majestros with Kryptonite-based countermeasures proved . . . lacking. However, Lex Luthor managed, through an appeal to Majestrate's rational side, to stand down. The two men had a civil discussion, and after Majestrate ascertained to his satisfaction that Luthor was not a Daemonite lackey, agreed to cease hostilities. After fitting Majestrate with suitable Earth clothing, the two men retired to Luthor's office, in which Luthor settled the matter of compensation for damages by gaining Majestrate's consent for complete access to his craft and permission to reverse engineer Kheran technologies for profit. Luthor managed to surprise the young Kheran by making a second offer: to join a team of superbeings that Luthor was establishing, laying out palatable goals. Majestrate could sense that there was some degree of omission, but he failed to ascertain the true depths of them and attributed them to Luthor fearing renewed violence. Majestrate was initially inclined to refuse, until Luthor expressed surprise that Majestrate was resistant to the various Kryptonite-based weapons. He went on to describe Superman and the Justice League to Majestrate, and after Majestrate expressed interest in further information on the Man of Steel, Luthor gladly obliged. As Majestrate reviewed news footage of the Last Son of Krypton in action, one did not need to be Lex Luthor to see that Majestrate wished to test himself against Superman - though the Martian Manhunter also piqued the Kheran's interest. Majestrate accepted the offer, despite the indignities he would endure as a spokesperson and corporate mascot.

Decription:

Majestrate has little to distinguish him outwardly from a human being. Internally, there is more biological distinctiveness, and when one goes much further, beyond what is revealed to the naked eye, it becomes obvious that there is nothing human about Majestrate at all. Tall and powerfully built, Majestrate has the appearance of an unskilled, brutish powerhouse. It is not an entirely undue assumption, but despite the strength of Majestrate's body and the size of his muscles, he is able to move with a grace and speed impossible were he a mere human being.

Majestrate has black hair that has some modest wave and curl to it. His hair a deep luster to it, a healthy glossy glow that reflects the light of a room just so. His eyes are a pale blue, though his restraint and emotional distance robs them of any true beauty; on a more expressive and warm-hearted man, Majestrate's immaculate eyes could be a rather charming feature. He has high, wide cheek bones, paired with a strong chin and lantern jawline. His skin is fair and without scar or blemish to mar its surface, and he exhibits no hair save for that on his head. Majestrate is free from minor asymmetries in his features, which is a feature some find off-putting, while others are simply unable to place why they think that Majestrate subtly does not quite look right.

Suits are the most common attire for Majestrate when he is about in a civilian capacity. He favours and enjoys the versatility of the black suit, paired with a black tie and white dress shirt. White gold cufflinks and tie pin are a common accessory, and Majestrate frequently employs a fresh, live buttonhole to add some colour to his outfit. The Kherubim is also known to wear solid white (replacing the white gold accessories with ones made of black gold), and navy blue with assorted pinstripes. Casual clothing tends towards business casual, but very infrequently Majestrate will simply don jeans, a silk shirt, and sandals.

His 'costume' is a full body suit that covers everything except his face. It includes a full length cape. Primarily white, it had navy accents and a 'V' on the front and back with the arms beginning at the shoulders, which met at waist level. In time it will likely be festooned with logos and emblems of LuthorCorp products and brands, but for the moment it remain undespoiled.

LordMing

How about this idea?  Is this acceptable?

Real Name, Alias: Lori LeMarte, Joker
Height & Weight: Pixieish
Personality: Lori is a friendly gal with a big heart and a bigger brain, she has a tendency to go full on nerd about subjects that interest her and she has some problems relating to kids her own age.  Joker is carefree and seldom serious, and when she is serious she is usually setting up a joke.  Joker either makes fast friends or fast enemies depending on the personality of the person she meets.
Abilities:
Hyper-Agility: Muscles and connective tissue are five times more efficient, allowing her a standing long jump of just over 21.6 feet and a standing high jump of 11.2 feet, she can run a mile in just over a minute, and can maintain her pace for twenty minutes without tiring.
Enhanced Strength: able to press 441 Lbs over her head and hold it there for five minutes.
Hyperkinesthesia: Allows her brain to process movement at a much faster rate than others.  This allows for amazing athletic feats of timing and superhuman reflexes, as well as perfect accuracy with any thrown or fired projectile.
Immunity: Her body filters toxins at roughly five times the efficiency of a normal human.
"Nuthin up my sleeve": By using prestidigitation, Joker is able to produce her gadgets seemingly from midair.
Gadgets: Taser joy buzzer, Leady Teddy (a teddy bear with lead shot loaded to enhance impact), Gum Drops (Red = ball bearings, Green = laughing gas, Yellow = pyrotechnic), Smiley Sam (smiley face button with camera, Mic and tracker), Wacko (a jester headed mace with a powerful spring to launch the laughing head at a target up to ten feet away), Nu-You (artificial skin used to disguise herself with a bit of advanced preperation)
Character Background:
Young Lori was abused as a child, treated like a piece of furniture when she wasnt being tossed about by her father.  This was a shame, because the precocious child was brilliant from an early age.  It was her brilliance and curiosity that earned her many bruises and beatings by her father after he found his tools, and even the television dismantled into a neat collection of pieces with his curly headed daughter poring over every piece to figure out what it did. 
Jason LeMarte traded his daughter to a methamphetamine chemist to pay off a debt, one less mouth to feed, and his stuff wouldnt get broken as much.  Lori was used as a gopher at first, running chemicals from place to place and getting materials.  But the one day that she was left on her own Lori got curious about all the gear in the lab, the resultant explosion burned Lori over 60% of her body and infused her with a potpourri of chemicals that were and were not being used to create drugs.  LuthorCorp representatives heard about the ten year old child found at the site of the explosion and took her in for rehabillitation.  It was during her rehab that her abilities became evident.  It took six years of skin grafts and cosmetic surgery to make her mostly human again, but her skin was never quite the same again. 
When the plan for the Teen Titans came about, it was decided to see if The Joker could make the grade, and hopefully re-socialize Lori.
Decription: A purple and black skinsuit of rip resistant material, chalk white skin, blood red lips, and black fields around her blank white eyes, her hair is green.  Lori has mousy brown hair and green eyes, she has freckles across her cheeks.  Lori normally wears a sewater and full length skirt and glasses.

Klytus, I'm bored. What play thing can you offer me today? ~Emperor Ming

Jmorty33

Hmmm an interesting thought, mind if I play as Kyle Rayner?
Converted Mana Cost: 2 colorless 2 White 2 Red

+2 Target Player has writers block

+0 Target Player receives a post of two paragraphs or more.

-12 Player writes a novel.
THE BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR IS HERE!!!!!