Dragon Of Ral'Shied

Started by MissRoziel, January 23, 2013, 03:53:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissRoziel

The breeze on the western mountains blew cool in the early morning light.  Long shadow still stretched as the sun slowly rose and beyond the mountain if one looked back was the kingdom,  Ral’shied.  It spanned vast and continued to spread, but here, on the western front.  A problem had arisen.  It was well known broader lands stretched beyond the mountains, kingdoms ready to be conquered by the corrupt hand of the king.  But his fingers couldn’t reach, every grasp he made with his armies, his fingers of soldiers were burned off, by a dragon.

The mountains had shaped and formed in a way that right in the center was a bowel valley,  rich rivers, cool clear air, and green so much green.  The area it’s self pulsed with magic,  Some claimed, from the stone buried deep in the mountains that held magic,  some claimed it was the will for the gods, who had scooped the valley out with their own hands and in doing so gave it their power.  Whatever the reason,  he valley continued deep rich and pure magic.

Now the valley was not the only area of magic, in fact many existed, and these magic ‘pools’  cause such growth that many had cities and town thriving.  On one such pool the kings great ancestors had established their kingdom.  However,  these pools are a delicate balance.  And when the sick mind of the king took the throne the magic became corrupt, and began to slowly eek through the people.

Desperate for his own immortality and more power the king sought out all wise men,  until one,  hoping to save himself told the king he could live forever if he devoured the heart of a dragon.  Knowing well of the dragon in the west who continually thwarted him the king sent out for the strongest knights and men
“The Man who brings me the heart of the dragon, will Become My true Heir,  This kingdom will be his, Riches beyond his dreams, and all desires met with My most powerful Magic!”  This the King declared.   No such man had risen to the challenge, and so the cool crisp air of the mountain stayed sweet and untainted.   
Sitting there in the cool air, was a woman. 

Elegant and tall she would easily cut an imposing figure in a crowd,  and not just with her looks,  her body bore armor strange to the land,  It shined not as metal but as if it was crafted with Moonstone, the many colors shining in the light like an opal, and yet it seemed wickedly strong.  She bore no chain lin mesh but instead that same opal like substance lay across her Tunic Layered like scales.  Her helmet sat beside her on the ground  Three proud black horn protruding from it the center horn the longest curved back like a sickle.

She sat looking out over the land of the corrupt king,  eyes dark liquid black startling against the white and her pale skin,  Pale hair translucent gold was tied at the base of her neck and fluttered in the playful wind.  It could easily be assumed she herself had come to try and claim the bounty on the dragon.
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=284574.msg14007299#msg14007299

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am also taking art commissions to go towards my goal.

xxmaxinitxx

In the kingdom of Ral'shied, there were many who served completely and directly under the king. His knights, his subjects, but there were those still, that sought to find their own way in life. Most of those, became mages, beings well versed in the use of magic. Their power came directly from the well of magic power that fed everything in life. They were under the rule of no one, and were usually wanderers and hermits.

Once such mage, a young man in his early 20's, had absorbed more of the magic than the others, and it had tainted his soul. He was well versed in the blackest of magic, and was interested in the king's offer. He had no doubts in his mind that he could take on a dragon, even though he had never met one and knew nothing of their power, and he was looking forward to getting rule over the kingdom.

He made his way to the King's castle, an air of confidence about him. He made his wait to the Atrium and knelt before the king. "I will go to the lands and slay this dragon for you." He told  the king. "What is your name young warrior" The king asked greedily. "Aleic" The young man responded. "Go and make my proud Aleic, and I will name you my heir" the king smiled as the warrior turned and walked out of the castle. "Immortality will soon be mine" The king cackled greedily.

MissRoziel

The air shifted and the armored woman stood, another had taken up the challenge,  How did she knew,  the king told her so,  in his sick mind what passed between them was a 'game'  this game he was determined to win, a game she couldn't afford to lose.  Taking up her helmet she carried it under one arm a showered sheathed at her side Opal eyes in the dragons head crafted on the hilt sparked in the light.

"Send as many as you like." she said in reply moving making her trek down the mountain to meet her new challenger,  he'd expect a dragon not a woman,  not even the king knew she took human form.  for now she'd use it to her advantage claim herself a knight after the bounty, and learn what she could of the coming danger.  Magic shifted as she descended the usual pull in her gut that reminded her of her tie to the Vally like an invisible chain.  She could go no further then the base of the mountains, but that was fine.

Satisfied when she found a suitable path he would likely take up the mountain she settled again leaned back against a tree and crossed her legs lounging, She had a long wait ahead of her, and this new challenger came she wanted to be well rested and ready.  She took a breath closing her eyes and opening her other senses to the world and magic around her awaiting the man the king had sent.  The bird song was calming, a creek babbled less then ten feet away,  animals shuffled through underbrush to find food and shelter from predators,  their had been a moment of still silence when she first arrived animals sensing her true form and fearing she'd eat them but when she'd settled so had they content with her human appearance.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I am also taking art commissions to go towards my goal.

xxmaxinitxx

The mage went to his home up in the mountains, preparing for the journey. He didn't know much about dragons, so he pulled a book off of his shelf to read along the way. He packed everything into a large suitcase, before shrinking it and dropping it into his pocket. He walked out of the door and activated the ward around his house, making sure noone would be able to touch it in his absence.

Now ready for the journey ahead, he started out on the road, looking out at the mountains in the distance. He conjured himself a walking stick and started on his way. After a couple of days of journey, stopping each night for sleep and starting the next morning, he was finally at the base of the mountain. When he arrived and looked up at the majestic beauty above him, he felt something pulling on him. It made him feel out of place, like he didn't belong. He couldn't place it except for a nagging feeling.

He looked around and found the easiest path up through the mountain and set out on his way, his senses slightly dulled to the world around him.

MissRoziel

Days, two days, boy this guy was either really lazy or would be the easiest she had come against in a while, the king had obviously descended deeper into madness if he thought the approaching Man could take her heart.  She made her way back towards the road half her armor removed the light sandy tunic she worse underneath clung to still damp skin as she looked down along the path, she felt dark magic... not the king this was fresh different, the corrupted not the corrupt...  that posed a challenge.  She moved Securing the brace to her arm flexing her fingers and moving to secure the next part as the man appeared around the bend,  dark tainted magic rippled in the air a thick sludge that made her want to retch instead she offered a smile.

"Hail, Greetings Friends." she called lifting a hand in casual welcome before continuing to secure her armor "These are the western mountains,  If you climbing here you are after the bounty set by the king?" she asked tying her boots "He gave no word that a woman couldn't Win the prize, I've set out to prove a woman can earn it, what of you?" she asked interestedly Not being subtle simply because that's how she wanted to be perceived, a slightly thick headed woman,  it'd be better if he saw her as just a woman playing knight,  He wouldn't take her seriously making her work all the easier.

Her hope was he'd view her as a silly Female tag along, Knowing now he was bearing corrupted magic her duty had increased,  her purpose was to protect the valley,  But also the purify those that came to it,  This mans magic must be purified,  how to do that... with out.  She Fought the urge to growl in frustration.  Why couldn't he be a knight one two bites problem solved, no he had to have magic it had to be corrupt... some higher power was laughing at her, of this, she was sure.

xxmaxinitxx

The mage's head snapped around and found the source of the voice quickly. He was mentally berating himself at having not sensed her earlier. He looked up and down the female warrior before sighing in contempt. "You would be correct. I am after the bounty set by the King." He kept walking and as he neared her, his magic started going haywire. Like it was reacting to something inside of her. He had never felt anything like it, even when he was around another mage. He eyed her speculatively and decided maybe she was more than met the eye.

"You know. We are both trying to accomplish the same goal. We could go about it together?" He offered her politely. Wondering why she was causing this kind of turmoil with his magic. He didn't know if he could even cast anything correctly  around her, but his curiosity more than outweighed that consequence in his mind. "What is your name warrior?"

MissRoziel

She blinked when his head snapped over, had he not sensed her? or was the pure magic in the mountains masking her own from him, well he'd fell her now just as she felt his, the darkness that permeated was sickening but she kept up her smile Before grinning broader as he assured he was indeed there for the king, "Really? that's Perfect.  From what I learned,  groups of knight or groups of mages have gone against it, but never both at the same time... You are a mage aren't you? You look like one, Anyway I bet if we work together, we can beat her." she said grinning holding out a hand

"We split the prize I'm really just doing this to prove to my Father Women aren't useless, If I can get a signet from the king and a dragons tooth or something He'll have to accept that I... mmm... I mean, women can do more then cook and push out babies." she said blushing slightly at her slip  the trick was keeping close enough to the truth so if questioned under pressure the details could be remebered,  heck if he asked about her around the village in the valley they'd speak of the story,  of course, they'd never mention she was the dragon.  She protected them, so they kept her secret.

"Astra, Astra Donis Daughter of Falick."  She said proudly before shifting a little sheepishly grabbing her helm and stepping onto the path gesturing "I've been up a bit farther but came back down when I lost my pack, the climbing get harder up higher and It fell when I was taking a break." she said sheepishly "Came back to look for it, no Luck,  an Animal probably got it or something..." she said making a face  he needed to veiw her as just a simple woman but acting like one grated on her nerves, she really hated this part.

xxmaxinitxx

He nodded at her question. "Yes, I'm a mage. One of the best in the kingdom." He says proudly. He was looking over this girl, her body, her face, but he didn't see anything that would alert him to what was causing his magic to act up. She said she wasn't even a mage her self. He was more confused than he could ever remember being.

"You.. dropped your pack down the mountain?" He looked at her incredulously, wondering if his curiosity was worth putting up with this for the rest of the trek up the mountain and towards the dragon. He was about to pull out his book on dragons, before he stopped himself and looked over at his companion. 'Hmmmm. Maybe she can still be useful' "Since you came on this journey, I'm sure you must know something about dragons. What can you tell me about them?" He asked her curiously, wondering if she had any useful tricks or other such things that would help him end this quickly. He wanted to get back and rule after all. That thought caused a ripple in his magic that had him showing a light grimace on his face. 'What is going on with me?' He thought to himself.

MissRoziel

She Smiled "Oh Really?  That's amazing,  My mother was a mage,  but I could never get my head around spells or that sort of thing, and My father didn't care for it much anyway." she said shaking her head before blushing at his exclamation

"Uh .. well... yeah..." she said sheepishly "Well I was taking a rest right, and the dragon, it flew, right over head, like this and when I moved to watch it I knocked my pack it went sliding then went off a ledge and crashed down and down into the tree line." she said embarrassed nodding when he asked about what she knew "Oh yeah I know loads about dragons!" she insisted "and I've seen this one,  It's big, the wings are broader then a barn!" she explained and curled her fingers, "When she flew over her legs where all tucked up and you could see the claws they where like, like, well, Sycths you know to harvest the wheat.  Wicked sharp,  up higher you can see where boulder have huge gouges where she must have sharpened them or something." she said trying to keep her voice full of aw rather then rpide, naturally she was a magnificent dragon,  just because she had to fulfill her sacred duty and guard the mountain Vally didn't mean she couldn't ensure she was a marvel of a dragon.

xxmaxinitxx

He stared at her thinking about what she said. It didn't sound like this would be that much trouble. He prided himself on being impervious to most physical attacks. But decided to try and pick her brain for even more knowledge. "Well I guess this dragon is big. But is that all she has? I mean if all it has are it's claws, it shouldn't have been too hard to kill. Does it shoot fire? or is it some other kind of elemental dragon?" He wanted to know as much about the dragon as possible, to make this even easier. He walked up the mountain with her, talking as they went. "Do you know how to fight a dragon anyway?" He looked back at her and looked at her attire. "You seem... ill prepared."

MissRoziel

She twitched slightly "Well I wouldn't say big,  I mean she was, in big scale but she was very well proportioned." she said shifting before shaking her head at his next question looking a little helpless "I didn't see, she didn't blow fire of anything when she flew over me." she offered "And the few who've survived fighting her well they've been burnt frozen beaten  Broken mentally...  Honestly,  I'm not what she is Maybe she run the gamut or something, Like has a bunch of different abilities, is that possible?" she asked swallowing audibly looking at the mage before blushing

"I-I am not I have this special magic armor and My sword!" she insisted shifting she she pointed "and you to, if you help Or... I help you, either way if we work together you know we can get her and get the prize!" she said eagerly.  He seemed to be falling for it, and that worked just fine for her.  The trick was purifying him,  Him magic could be cleansed and hopefully that would purify his mind,  It was his magic that was corrupted, not him, not that she could tell,  He had most likely absorbed tainted magic  spreading from the king.  Hopefull now she'd said her armor was magic he'd assume any interference to his magic came from the mountains and her armor, it would take any suspisioin he might have off of her.

xxmaxinitxx

The mage looked at the female strangely. 'Is she... defending the dragon's weight? Females are so strange.' He thought to himself while looking ahead up the mountain. "Hmmmm. Well I guess this might be a little harder then I first. I have trouble in switching between elements. But it is definitely possible. She must be quite powerful."

He thought over what she said, 'hmmm. That could be it. Maybe her armor is what's causing my magic to jump around so much. I must be getting used to it though, it's starting to calm down.' He thought to himself. He turned to her and gave her a small smile. "So what does your armor do? Or more specifically, what makes it magical?" He had a lot of interest in magical artifacts, and currently had plenty on hidden on him right now. They hit the top of the trail that looked over the valley. It looked different than the kingdom that he was from. It almost looked, clean. He couldn't describe it. But he knew his magic was trying to tell him something. "Do you think there might be a villager down there that would tell us where this dragon lived?" He has his companion.

MissRoziel

Astra smiled at him brightly before looking up they where getting to the crest from there they could see into the valley and in the valley the village  Once she'd got him past the lip she had him,  the magic in the Valley would latch onto the negative energy of his like a leech,  the magic in the valley was much more powerful then any a human could muster even a mage,  the trick would be purifying him before his corruption tainted the magic of the valley.

"I don't really know." she said walking along,  the tense pain in her gut was loose and gone now she was home, she was at her station, and soon this mage would be hers, should he refuse purification... she'd eat him.

"Well... Hmm, I don't know why don't we go look I've never been here before, " She said stepping down the down slop of the trail into the valley,  Once the mage crested the peak of the trail and stepped inside the bowel, he'd feel a sudden vice on his magic physically it would force him into the Valley dragging him into it no matter how hard he struggled.  Astra turned helmet under her arm her posture different proud strong,  all lazy vacancy in her eyes was gone sharp and dark they watched him closely "The king has grown sloppy sending a man like you to face me Mage.  I bear dragons armor and you did not even recognize it,  Your learning is contained to your books and there it will fail you,  step forward Mage and face me, I am the dragon of Ral'Shied, the one you seek." she said her voice and tone stronger deeper.

xxmaxinitxx

He followed her down into the valley before he felt something pulling on his magic. It felt like his magic was trying to break out of his body. He didn't even notice the change in his companion as he tried to struggle with the magic, using everything he had to pull back against what ever was holding on to him. He fell to his knees as his body felt like it was on fire. He looked up to see how the warrior was doing only to see her in a different light. She talked to him and the words barely registered. He got back to his feel shakily and stared her down. "So your the dragon huh? I didn't know" He was cut off by another sharp tug and he grit his teeth in frustration. "That your kind could shapeshift. I guess that saves me the trouble of finding you myself." He tried to give off an air of confidence but felt exactly the opposite. 'She must have known that this would happen. Scared of me more like it.' He pulled every ounce of magic he could get a hold of and used it to propel him across the boundary that had started tugging on him. He got up quickly, panting hard and turned back towards his enemy. He felt drained physically but never stronger magically. Though he had little time to spend thinking about this as he was now in a battle for his life.

"That was good dragon. Quite the actress if I do say so myself. Even lured me into a trap that attacked my magic. You must be pretty scared." He was hoping he could anger her into making a mistake that he could exploit. though in the back of his mind he knew that in this state there was a very low chance of actually beating her.

MissRoziel

Astra sighed as the Mage managed to break free of the Valleys hold  standing there she looked at him impassivly "You are a fool to think you stand a chance against me, you felt the way the magic with in me had warred and absorbed yours,  Your are full of corruption spawned by your devil King."  she said calmly eyes level on him not a muscle moved as she stood before him a proud woman, a proud dragon.  Nobel protector of the purest untainted magic.

"You have two choices Mage, you allow me to purify your tainted magic and offer you home here with in the Valley, Or... I'll eat you." she said smiling faintly then not the naive sweet smile, no this seemed more twisted, as if the idea of eating him pleased her.  "Let me make your decision easier, you king has promised you the rule of his kingdom should you cut out my heart and give it to him correct, rich beyond your wides dreams, magic... women?... everything you could desire on this plane." she said gesturing tapping her chest "Tell me... human... if he eat my heart and become immortal,  when would you ever inherit the throne?" she asked simply

"He's played you and all others like you for suckers."

xxmaxinitxx

Aleic's mind was racing. he didn't know how many options he had at this point. Having fell for her trap and getting caught in what ever was attacking his magic really dwindled his energy. But he also knew that if he tried to run that she could probably catch him quite quickly, as he didn't know her limitation of how far she could leave the valley. He stared defiantly into her eyes as he tried to come up with a come back.

"And how do I know your not lying now? What makes you move believable?" He asked her. But somehow he knew she was telling the truth. Maybe it was his magic again, he wasn't sure. But he knew that he couldn't go back anymore. "What would happen if I let you purify my magic?" He asked, quickly having come to the decision that it was pretty much the only option that let him leave this place alive. "What would it cost me?"

MissRoziel

She stood unmoving before him, she knew the expressions as he weighed his options and his chances against her.  He like many before him, had fallen into her trap,  but his decision now would separate him from those she devoured and those she freed from the king.

"Well I wasn't sent to cut out a living beings heart for starters." she said blandly giving him a sort of 'are you serious'  look before stepping forward "My duty is to protect this Valley,  You magic is a threat to the magic in the Valley,  you must be purified, Let me put it this way, I don't care about you or what happens to you or what you do when you leave this place, but while on My mountain and in my valley You will abide my law."  she said simply before huffing out a breath

"It costs you nothing,  Dose it cost you anything to meditate and clear your mind, dose it cost you to bath and wash dirt from your body,  This is the same thing but with your magic." she said annoyed now by what she saw as a foolish question. "Regardless you bear nothing I want anyway,  I've faced stronger mages and more capable warriors."  she said simply gesturing "Now either come and allow me to purify you or I will eat you."

xxmaxinitxx

As they were talking, a party of knights entered the outskirts of the valley. Outfitted with swords and glowing armor, they marched up the face of the mountain. Aleic knew his magic was more in sync with his body as he felt them well before his other sense could, but figured the dragon could as well. He turned and gave her a knowing smile, backing away slowly. "I will think on what you said. but for now I take my leave." Pulsing his magic out through his muscles, he turned and quickly raced down the mountain, Invisible to the warriors that were making themselves up. He made his way back inside the kingdom, and could feel what he used to think of as home, but now only left him feeling tainted, and dirty.

After he felt safe and far enough away from the dragon, he waited to recharge his magic, deciding first to meditate and see what it looked like. Inside himself he saw that his magic was now a grey color, no longer the black anamorphic mass that it used to be. He could see it curling in on itself as the black magic from the lands looked to get in and taint it again. 'Maybe the dragon is right.' He thought to himself. He opened his eyes, vowing that he wouldn't recharge his core until he had thought over the options carefully.

MissRoziel

she looked up irritation sent a growl rumbling darkly from her chest "Oh? Then do as you will but if you return to these mountains the Law still stands as I have laid it before you." she said the armor spreading across her body as she grew even as he fled the woman became dragon it's shining opal Scales glinting rainbow colors in the light as it wings unfurled like heavy canvas the long graceful body lifted from the ground wings giving her a powerful boost as she soared to Begin battle with the oncoming soldier, Target practice really for a dragon of her age and skill. 

The battle, while short was satisfying,  One of the soldier had even managed to wound her,  how charming, she hadn't had a real wound in a long time.  Favoring her right foreleg she settled still in dragon form in the grass of the Valley  closing her eyes she let her senses reach out over the mountains,  no other soldiers tainted her lands,  she was curious, would the mage return?  Her tongue slid across the bleeding wound slowly as she considered with a faint glint to her liquid eyes, how interesting he would be if he did return

xxmaxinitxx

Each day he stayed away from the mountain, he could feel his magic draining. He used each bit in his everyday and wasn't willing to let the darkness back in unnecessarily. a few days after the encounter with the dragon, he sat down and read through every book he could find on them. More than one gave credit to her statement. The kind really did want to become immortal. He would probably kill Aleic the second he brought the heart back. The young mage stood up and sighed. "Why did I have to accept this stupid job." He knew that nothing would ever convince him to go back to the King now.

That night he packed up again, having decided to make his way towards the mountain. As he was about to leave, he found himself stopped and surrounded by the King and his loyal guard. "Hello Aleic. I don't see my dragon heart. Yet your here. What happened?" Aleic froze up and looked around, counting the number of guards, knowing his chances of escape were shrinking. He knew the only chance he had was to absorb the tainted magic. But wasn't sure if it would corrupt his thought process again.

MissRoziel

The days passed as Astra nursed her wound and continued her watching of the mountains and valley,  the settlement within life went on, blissfully unaware of the raging violence and dark magic outside of their home.  Things moved along so peacefully,  despite personal dramas that occurred between humans,  these people lived in harmony, encouraged by the pure magic.  The instant Aleic approached the king she felt it, the shift and frustration in the corrupt ruler,  she perked  wings fluttering,  the fool what was he doing, at his current power level he didn't stand a chance,  did he still have some of her energy?  She hoped so,  if he hadn't absorbed the dark magic again she might

Aleic Do you hear me?! She shouted out mentally reaching for her magic hoping it was still twined with his she couldn't leave the mountain and catch him but her mishandling had led him to do something foolish...damn humans and their rash nature! Listen to me you ruddy fool he will slaughter you before any of your plans bear fruit, listen to me if you hear me boy tell him You cannot bring the heart he must cut it out himself. She had no way of knowing if he herd her unless he responded if he even knew how, if he knew to grab onto her magic that had started cleansing his and use it to communicate.

Tell Him as a Mage You can Hold down the dragon so he might cut out it heart and eat it there, that's the only way he will achieve immortality!

xxmaxinitxx

Aleic suddenly heard a pounding voice in his head, he reached up and grabbed his head in pain before looking at the king again. "I can't do it for you my liege. I know why you want the heart of the dragon. The only way you will get the immortality which you seek is to cut it out yourself and eat it there. Otherwise the journey back will make the magic dissipate. and this option will be lost to you forever. I can help you with this fight. I fought her once. We can do it again."

The King looked at the young mage, thinking about his proclamation and realizing that he very well could be telling the truth. The guards around them were looking at each other, they were all hoping to take over the thrown themselves. They couldn't let their king become immortal. The circle backed up, surrounding the king and the young mage, swords at the ready. The king gave a harsh laugh, lightening was cackling in his finger tips. "So you think you can turn on me now huh?" The lightening shot out in bolts of huge power, striking the knights jumping one to one another, the bolt became stronger before it hit the last one, killing all of them within a matter of seconds. He cracked his knuckles and turned back to the mage. "Come one. We are going after the dragon." They both turned towards the mountain and headed there as fast as they could.

MissRoziel

Astra flinched back the power was strong the darkness of the kings connection with her surged as much as the dark that still tainted the mage,  She stumbled wings bursting forth they where coming,   She could not allow the king into the valley he was corrupt,  he would taint the magic here,  lifting in the air she grabbed boulders sealing the opening to the valley soaring through the sky hoping they might catch site of her and follow away from where the Valley and the innocent pure lay with in.

Clouds where churning in the sky the land reacting to the nagative magic the king brought with him,  It had worked, he was coming himself,  Astra fully intended to devour him.  She's snap him up and gobble him whole!  She didn't care of the cost even if her scorched her throat adnd killed her with him she knew more then anything no person could be worse then this evil king.

xxmaxinitxx

They made their way quickly in the direction of the mountain, the King's excitement rolling off of him in waves. Aleic was wondering how this battle would play out. He didn't know what to do. They made their way to the mountain trail, just as the dragon was taking off. The King looked at her bemusedly and then at the rocks blocking the path. "Does she really think I'm going to chase her? I know what this valley holds. She will come to me or watch everything she has guarder her whole life burn!" His magic flared around him as lightening danced around his fingers, before he blasted it at the rocks. Watching them crumble. Aleic was looking around, he knew that he wouldn't even be able to stand up to the king until he recharged his magic in the valley. He hoped The dragon came back soon as the king made his way towards the threshold.

MissRoziel

Banking hard as the lighting struck Astra surged through the opening and attacked the king body morphing from dragon to woman in midair sword flashing as she made her first Strike "Die you corrupt Puppet!"  she declared ready and willing to give her life and all to protect her Valley from this vile monster in mans skin, The armor glinted and her sword flashed as she struck hard and fast determined to to be overtaken by the monster of a king