Firefly 'Serenity' RP

Started by ChainsawAdams, May 01, 2013, 08:31:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baalborn87

ChainsawAdams

(((ACTION DICE ROLLS)))

During the game, you will find yourself in the situation that would highly influence the storyline.  An example of this might be....

-Trying to shoot someone in battle
-Fixing a broken machine
-complex flight maneuvers
-Social manipulation 'charm, lie, negotiate'

When this type of event occurs you will go to the dice rolling bot listed below

https://elliquiy.com/forums/dicebot.php

You will set the dice to be a D-20.  You will then copy the results onto the RP like so.

Roll Result: ChainsawAdams rolled: 1d20
Comment:
Result: 5,
Total: 5

You will label your roll in red.  Results are as follows.

If you roll a 1-4, you fail at what you are attempting to accomplish and you must post a negative result to your actions in the RP.  You must then wait a period of 24 hours before you can post again

If you roll a 5-16 you can choose what occurs.  You can choose to fail without the resulting penalties or a common success.  After a common success roll you must wait 24 hours before you can roll another action post but are allowed to continue posting cosmetic interactions that have to strong effect on events that can change the story.  This is mostly restricted to basic conversation.

If you roll a 17-20 this is an extreme success.  You have the right to post that you have succeeded in your task and even add some extra flare.  For instance, rather than just shooting your enemy you pull off a head shot dead between the eyes.  As a result you are free to post a second event the same day that would require another dice roll and are free to continue any cosmetic interactions.

All of your characters have specialties and skills.  This will effect some of your rolls.  Let's say the ships mechanic tries to shoot at an enemy.  This would be a normal roll.  However, if she attempts to fix the ships engine or other machinery she adds a +1 to her roll.  Another example Is if the pilot attempts to seduce someone she receives no bonuses but receives 1 bonus points when maneuvering the ship.  A companion, on the other hand WOULD recieve the bonus  when seduction is played.

As the game goes on, characters will find themselves acquiring objects that will give them bonuses to various rolls.  Better weapons = bonuses in combat, Ship upgrades will grant bonuses to flight attempts and new cloths can add to social situations such as seduction or intimidation.

We will be running this on the honor system so please be honest when it comes to posting your results.
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
(Fridays 11pm EST on Party 934)
ON / OFF's
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=152802.0

ChainsawAdams

Bonus Points for those who post's the name of their characters theme music.

Cowboy Bebop OST - Ask DNA - (Cosmic Dare) Pretty With A Pistol
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

Baalborn87

ChainsawAdams

Captain Grant
Wailing Souls "Renegade Survivor"

I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

MaiMizzu

I do believe I found Edie's! When I first heard this a bit ago, I wanted right away to have a space adventure! Like fly through the stars! I can just see Edie piloting Black Jack through like an asteroid field or something else daring when I listen to this.
What do you think?

Yoko Kanno - Take Off
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

ChainsawAdams

sounds kinda like the airship theme of ff7, so pretty fitting really
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

ChainsawAdams

GAME REWARDS!!!

MISSION:  Character Music

to the following

MaiMizzu
Baalborn87

REWARD

x1 point chit

"A point chit can be used pre-dice roll to add one extra point to the resulting number.  The chit dissolves after one use.

CONGRATS!!!

I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

NiceTexasGuy

No offense, but I'm thinking this pro'lly ain't the game for me ... good luck to you guys, tho.
What a shame -- The money you spent on those tattoos could have gone toward a boob job.
===
My Ons and Offs:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=97303.0
==============
I have taken The Oath of Don't Waste My Friggin' Time

d20

I think I'm going to bow out as well. Ya'll have fun.

ChainsawAdams

Is this about the whole dice rolling thing?  Cause we can scrap that.  Just an idea, not set in stone
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

ChainsawAdams

Also, the game has already begun here if people missed the first post

----------------------------------------------------------------------
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=173181.0
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

Crash

Are you still accepting or is it full up?

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."
Congratulations, you've unlocked Flirtatious Crash! - Envious

ChainsawAdams

I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

Crash

Still have room for a hired gun? It looks like it but I wanted to make sure.

"Sorry, you must survive at least 3 games with me before we can chat like this."

ChainsawAdams

Yes, but for some reason we had a ton of people sign up who dont seem to want to post
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

Chloe Milev

What immediately came to mind:
Not everyone can be the Waif

And related:
Inappropriate quote of awesome

Elaborate backstories

Stay balanced or face hilarious consequences
Ons and Offs
Discord chloe milev
FFXIV Sargatanas

Crash

Okay I will be working in a character soon but not today it being Mother's Day and all.

Crash

Let me know if Garret fits or if you think something needs to be changed.

ChainsawAdams

crash. looks ok but their is no way the captain would let a person on the ship who openly fought for the alliance.  I really wanted more brown-coat allies but almost everyone choose not to take a side.   Just change his involvement in the war and your ready to go
I have a comic. 
(Ask me for a link)
I have a radio show
ON / OFF's

Crash

All the characters look great I can't wait to jump in.

Is there an OOC: Thread for the game?

Crash

Okay revamped his role in the war.

Name: Garret McShay

Sex: Male

Home Planet: Newhall

Appearance:  Garret has a strong jaw and rugged features which seem out of place with his clothing.  He often wears suits that while could never be mistaken for Inner System chic, are at least outworld gangster.  Garret has a pension for hats, his favorites are his fedora and bowler and no one messes with his hats.  Garret isn’t tall overly tall at 5’10”, but he is stocky which makes him look bigger and more imposing than he is.  Despite his somewhat intimidating appearance his emerald eyes often sparkle with humor at a good joke or entertaining story.

Personality:  Garret is hardworking and tough, traits born from being the son of a fisherman.  He is used to hard labor and has no problem doing the grunt work on the ship to earn his pay or passage.  He doesn’t suffer laziness or dishonesty lightly, they rub his ethics the wrong way.  Garret is fiercely loyal to friends and family which has gotten him in trouble more than once, but he wouldn’t have it any other way.  He also enjoys a good pub, a good pint and the inevitable fight that follows.   Being the son of a fisherman he has learned patience and an appreciation for nature.  His idea of relaxing is dropping a line in a quiet lake and while away the hours sipping a stout ale and reeling in a days catch.  Garret’s enjoyment of fishing and a mother who insisted on not wasting a bit of food as made him a rather decent cook.  It is a meticulous and exacting craft that he works diligently at perfecting even with the limited supplies of a spaceship.

Personal items:  Rod, reel and line.  A collection of hats and a couple of worn suits and a finely crafted wooden box of keepsakes.

Weapons: 
A pair of ornate Smith & Wesson 29-2 Double Action revolvers that were his brothers.

Combat Knife, Cleaver, utility knife and brass knuckles.

Character history:  Garret was born the son of a fisherman on Newhall.  He grew up in a harsh but loving family doing hard work and earning his keep.  He had five brothers and three sisters (he was the middle brother) and loved them all.  If things had gone differently for Garret he would probably still be a fisherman working his family’s grounds, but they aren’t.  Garret joined the browcoats to fight for the against the Alliance Purplebellies.  Before he left his eldest brother, a sheriff on Newhall gave him his most prize possession, a pair of ornate revolvers, he still carries today.  After the war Garret went home for a time, but the war had affected him as it had others and soon he was getting in trouble with the local and then with the law, including his brother.  It was apparent to he and his family that home wasn’t big enough for Garret anymore.  With sad goodbyes he bid farewell to his family and hopped ship off planet to find his own way in the ‘verse.

Goal:  Garret is a vagabond.  He is lost and trying to find his place and his been jumping from ship to ship taking odd jobs here and there to buy or work for passage.  Most of the crews were either looking only for extra hands for a run or were a bunch of distrustful, backstabbers that worked him like a dog and paid him like he was less than one.  If he could hook on with a captain that he could trust and offered a good fair cut he might be able to find his way again.

Talents:  Fishing and Fisticuffs.  Garret grew up the son of a fisherman on Newhall.  It is in his blood and in the years since leaving he still feels the pull of the water and the catch and will take any opportunity to drop a line.  While Garret is handy with an iron in each hand, he is almost unbeatable with it comes to a good old fashion barfight.  Garret is also a system-class swimmer and a budding chef.

Job:  Hired Gun / Cook

Do you support the Alliance or not and why?  Garret has no special love for the Alliance, but unlike many others he has no particular hated for them either, he fought to survive and earned a grudging respect for the Alliance soldiers in doing so.  Garret understands that the Alliance’s hold is precarious the further out from the inner systems you get, which is fine by him.  Sometimes you have to do things that ain’t quite right to protect you and yours and what the Alliance don’t know don’t hurt them none.  He doesn’t tell anyone he fought in the war. He was young, too young for some of the things he saw and sometimes it still weighs on his soul.

MaiMizzu

And this is the ooc, Crash. Sorry didnt answer earlier. heh
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Crash

Oh, I'm not used to these being in the groups wanted thread. 

Now off to write something IC!

MaiMizzu

Ill be posting in the next day or so. been working alot of hours lately.