[Recruitment/Interest Check] Exalted 2.5: Return of the Mighty

Started by Dracorion, November 08, 2012, 11:17:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaer Darkwail

Oh yes! My bad, I forgot changing moon's anima power >_<

So no need for disguising as human but animal forms would be useful. As I recal anima power did not allow look a animal but person (so basically humanoid creature/entity).

Dracorion

Right, as has been mentioned before Lunar stealth is more about hiding in plain sight than just becoming straight up invisible like a Solar would. One of the Herd and Clover Can't be Found are useful for these things. There are also a few Lunar charms that make a target forget something, but I'll need to check when I'm a home and can look at my books to see if they can be applied to stealth. If they can, though, it'd be hilarious watching you Obi-Wan your way past every guard in a palace.

I'll also have to check Clover Can't Be Found, to see if it applies when someone is looking specifically for the Lunar or if it works when someone is simply looking for "an intruder".

There are a few hearthstones that can help a stealth/ninja Lunar, like the Gemstone of Shadows, which lets you cover yourself in, well, shadows. As long as you're in a dark place, it can make you invisible. The Orb of the Unnoticed Predator also makes it so you don't leave tracks, making it harder for someone to chase you. The Gem of Youthful Suppleness can help with the ninja acrobatics part, since it gives you a +2 to Athletics and another +2 to escape bondage (not the kink, more like just any form of physical retraint).

There's a three-dot First Age artifact called an Infinite Resplendence Amulet, which has different variants for every magical material except Soulsteel. At it's base, the artifact lets you change your clothing into whatever you want, provides a couple of ability bonuses I can't remember right now, and gives you +1 bashing and lethal natural soak.

The Moonsilver version of the artifact is particularly useful because it turns that +1 into a much more meaningful +5 natural soak and it gives you +2 to Stealth and disguise rolls. And since it can let you change your clothing for free reflexively, it's like half of Changing Plumage Mastery for any human shapes you have. If you can spring for a four-dot version of the artifact, you could get one that incorporates Starmetal as well, giving you the advantages of both materials. The Starmetal version gives you Elsewhere pockets, letting you stash anything as long as it can fit in your pocket.

And yes, the Changing Moon anima power can be useful because it lets you take basically any form without the restriction of needing to hunt for it first, but this is offset by the fact that if you ever spend peripheral Essence while it's active then your disguise drops.

Just be aware that as a Lunar you can take advantage of basically any timeskip that lasts a few hours to go hunting for more animal shapes (and human shapes too, though those can be obviously more troublesome). So you could use your starting Heart's Blood to start with a few human shapes, and then grab more animal shapes during in-game timeskips, though these would naturally be limited by geography. You can't hunt a Siaka in the middle of a city.  :P

Dracorion

Alright then, now that I've properly looked over the books, I can say that Clover Can't be Found doesn't say how specifically someone has to be looking for the Lunar. So, I'm going to say you could use it on a palace full of guards as long as the Lunar is the one who specifically triggered the alarm. If the guards start looking for an intruder that isn't the Lunar, even if they don't know what the intruder looks like, the charm won't work.

Thorns, there's also two Lunar charms that make people forget memories. Forgetful Victim Prana, if successful, makes several targets for what they did for (Lunar's Essence) actions. A guard who falls victim to the charm might spot you and draw their sword and give chase, but after taking the appointed amount of actions they forget what they did during those actions. A guard might assume they were pacing about and polishing their sword and that's why they moved from their post and drew their weapon. Of course, there are some situations that people won't dismiss so easily, so it's best to apply discretion with the charm.

The other one is Mind-Blanking Fear Technique, which affects one individual and makes them believe one memory of the Lunar's choosing isn't real. They might think it was a daydream or a regular dream or a trick of the light.

Marie Reynolds

Yay The 2nd round of character creation is finished!

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Karal Segiyu
Concept: Soldier
Characterization:
She has a fiery personality and a real zeal for life and always values compassion. 
She has even been known to be seen trying to better the lives of the peasantry making sure people are healthy
and looking after New borns and Young children and even the elderly.
She works hard and plays even harder she is never one to turn down an invite to a ball or even a towns fesitval.

Description:
5'6" 125 lbs tends to be seen in a buff jacket and leggings and sturdy boots.
At social events will definately dress to the nines and always try to be well dressed when she lets her hair down.

Hair: Auburn
Skin: Reddish Brown
Eyes: Green
Anima:  A blazing aura of fire that will swirl around her limbs and torso.
Aspect: Fire
Motivation: Prove that a combat physician unit can succeed and lead to glory.

Strength:3
Dexterity:4
Stamina:4

Charisma:3
Manipulation:3
Appearance:3

Perception:2
Intelligence:3
Wits:2

Abilities

Air:
Linguistics:3
Lore:2
Stealth:1

Fire:
Athletics(Running over Slippery Terrain):2
Dodge(On Slippery Terrain):5
Melee:2
Presence:3
Socialize:3

Wood:
Archery:2
Medicine(Infections, Specific Diseases):3
Performance:2
Ride:2
Survival:1

Earth:
Awareness:2
Integrity:3
Resistance:3
War:2

Water:
Beaurecracy:2
Martial Arts:2

Languages:
Old Speak
High Speak
Low Speak
Riverspeak

Virtues:
Compassion:4
Conviction:3
Temperance:1
Valor:2

Essence:3
Personal Pool:10
Peripheal Pool:24
Dedicated Essence: 3 for artifact attune cost
Health Levels:
-0: 1
-1:3
-2:3
-4:1
Incap:1

Willpower:7
Intimicies:
Comrades:3
Ideals:3
Servants:3
Family:3
Parties:3
Lovers:3
Patients:3
Theater:3
Dance:3

Charms:
Medicine:
Second Medicine Excellence
Infection Banishing Prana
1 medicine Excellency Charm
Madness Analyzing Stare
Venom Expulsion Method
Jade Crucible Method(disease)
Jade Crucible Method(Poison)
Resitance:
Ox Body Techinique
Dodge:
Second Dodge Excellency
Threshold Warding Stance
1 Dodge Excellency Charm
Safety Among Enemies
Elemental Defense Technique(Fire and Earth)
Backrounds:
Resources:3                                                ST Provided
Resources:1                                                1 BP
Retainers:2                                                  ST Provided
Retainers:2                                                  2 Creation Points
Retainers:1                                                  3 BP
Breeding:3                                                   4 Creation Points
Connections(The Directorate-Stores):2           2 Creation Points
Connectons(The Shogunate):2                       2 Creation Points
Family:3                                                      3 BP
Connections(Family):3                                  3 BP
Artifact(Jade Reinforced Buff Jacket):2           2 creation Points

Total Background Ratings:
Resources:4
Retainers:5
Breeding:3
Artifact:2
Connections(The Directorate-Stores):3
Connectons(The Shogunate):3

Abilities raised by BP
Medicine 4                                          1 BP
Resitance 4                                         1 BP
Awareness 4                                       1 BP
Integrity 4                                          2 BP
Dodge 5                                             2 BP

Equipment:

Staff:
Speed: 6     Accuracy: +2       Damage: +7B        Minium Strength: 2 Cost: N-A     Tags: 2,R

Self Bow:  Speed: 6    Accuracy: +0     Damage: STR+2B   Rate:2    Range: 150   Cost:1/    Notes: Fowling Arrows only carried

Jade Reinforced Jacket: Soak +7L/10B  Hardness: 5L/5B     Mobility: -1   Fatigue: 0 Cost: 2 Attune: 3

History:

Segiyu was everything a father of the Karal Gen could want she was beautiful spirited, Ambitious and always saught to experience the pleasures of life. Grand or simple did not matter To Segiyu. She always followed her desire  and when she Exalted this Zeal only grew and it drove her to a odd choice for her Gen and that was the practice of medicine and when she Exalted she was able to drive a disease out of one of the common folks children and since then she has saught to prove to her family that those with the knowledge and gift of being a healer can serve honorable and bring glory to ones Gen family and Shogun. She threw herself into her studies and even still managed to find time to persue the pleasures in life. She also earned herself a bit of a reputaion of being flirtatious with both men and women for her the thrill of capturing
their attention and sweet talking people into getting to know her as a person and she know them she never really committed to physical initimacy though what really got her going was learning the person under the flesh and station and the face they put on for the rest of the world she always saught to bring out everyones inherent beauty. Though she would get lectured frequently on this behavior she would not stop getting one blessed and exalted by fire to not persue a passion is a difficult if not impossible task.

Dracorion

Alright then, Marie, here we go:

You still have "Specific Diseases" as a specialty. You need to pick an actual disease in Exalted, like leprosy or plague or syphilis, to specialize in.

You didn't list the BP you spent on Willpower or virtues. As for charms, are you sure you don't want to take Wound-Closing Touch? Turning lethal wounds into bashing is something no other Exalt can do as freely and bashing wounds heal waaaay faster. As a medic, it might be worth considering. Also, just checking, you are aware that you can't have both versions of Elemental Defense Technique active at the same time, right?

Also, I count only twelve charms in your list.

As for your backgrounds:

QuoteBackrounds:
Resources:3                                                ST Provided
Resources:1                                                1 BP
Retainers:2                                                  ST Provided
Retainers:2                                                  2 Creation Points
Retainers:1                                                  3 BP
Breeding:3                                                   4 Creation Points
Connections(The Directorate-Stores):2           2 Creation Points
Family:3                                                      3 BP
Connections(Family):3                                  3 BP
Artifact(Jade Reinforced Buff Jacket):2           2 creation Points

Buying a dot of Resources after you already have Resources 3 would cost 2 BP.
Same with Retainers. You start with Retainers 2, buy Retainers 3 with 1 BP, and then Retainers 4 and 5 with 2 BP each. Finally, you still need to specify who her retainers are. Are they all combat medics?
Breeding would only cost 3 creation points.
Family is okay, but you need to specify which family members comprise your Family background: what family members your character has that are notable.
Connections (Family) is also okay, but you didn't list it later in your total backgrounds. Also you need to specify your family instead of just writing "Family." In your character's case, it'd be "Gens Karal".

Finally, your backstory needs more detail. Specifically, what's she doing at the time the game starts? How does she have the freedom to lead a unit of combat physicians out of Lookshy and on her adventure?

Marie Reynolds

Thanks, I really need to stop editing characters after Midnight! Yes I am aware both defense cant be active at the same time. I though willpower was equal to your highest to virtue ratings and so i did not spend any BP on my virtues or willpower.

Marie Reynolds

I am not going to be that specialized cause I am also balancing between social abilities defensive abilities So a dedicated Physician would not be that bad of a choice besides more healers the better and someone to talk shop with.

Teo Torriatte

I will think about those Contacts... I will get back to you some time tomorrow when I can get back online.

Thorn14

I can tell my mood is picking up so hopefully my muse comes along with it. Thanks for the tips everyone!

Marie Reynolds

More Specific Break down of  her Home and the retainers and management of finances will be provided when i get to the next place with wireless i want to escape the office. As promised and outline her my characters Yearly expenses has now been added.

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Karal Segiyu
Concept: Soldier
Characterization:
She has a fiery personality and a real zeal for life and always values compassion. 
She has even been known to be seen trying to better the lives of the peasantry making sure people are healthy
and looking after New borns and Young children and even the elderly.
She works hard and plays even harder she is never one to turn down an invite to a ball or even a towns fesitval.

Description:
5'6" 125 lbs tends to be seen in a buff jacket and leggings and sturdy boots.
At social events will definately dress to the nines and always try to be well dressed when she lets her hair down.

Hair: Auburn
Skin: Reddish Brown
Eyes: Green
Anima:  A blazing aura of fire that will swirl around her limbs and torso.
Aspect: Fire
Motivation: Prove that a combat physician unit can succeed and lead to glory.

Strength:3
Dexterity:4
Stamina:4

Charisma:3
Manipulation:3
Appearance:3

Perception:2
Intelligence:3
Wits:2

Abilities

Air:
Linguistics:3
Lore:2
Stealth:1

Fire:
Athletics(Running over Slippery Terrain):2
Dodge(On Slippery Terrain):5
Melee:2
Presence:3
Socialize:3

Wood:
Archery:2
Medicine(Infections, Cholera):4
Performance:2
Ride:2
Survival:1

Earth:
Awareness:2
Integrity:3
Resistance:3
War:2

Water:
Beaurecracy:2
Martial Arts:2

Languages:
Old Speak
High Speak
Low Speak
Riverspeak

Virtues:
Compassion:3
Conviction:3
Temperance:1
Valor:2

Essence:3
Personal Pool:11
Peripheal Pool:26
Dedicated Essence: 3 for artifact attune cost
Health Levels:
-0: 1
-1:4
-2:4
-4:1
Incap:1

Willpower:5
Intimicies:
Comrades:3
Ideals:3
Servants:3
Parties:3
Lovers:3
Patients:3
Dance:3

Charms:
Medicine:
Infection Banishing Prana
Disease Banishing Technique
Wound Closing Touch
Madness Analyzing Stare
PUrity of Mind Method
Venom Expulsion Method

Presence:
Glowing Coal Raidance

Resitance:
Ox Body Techinique x2

Dodge:
Second Dodge Excellency
Threshold Warding Stance
1 Dodge Excellency Charm
Safety Among Enemies
Elemental Defense Technique(Fire and Earth)
Backrounds:
Resources:3                                       ST Provided
Resources:4                                       2 BP
Retainers:2                                       ST Provided
Retainers:3                                       1 BP
Retainers:4&5                                     4 BP
Breeding:3                                        3 Creation Points
Connections(The Directorate-Stores):2             2 Creation Points
Family:3                                          3 BP
Connections(Gens Karal):3                         3 BP
Artifact(Jade Reinforced Buff Jacket,Jade Skin Mount Amulet, Jade Hearth Stone Bracers):3           3 creation Points
Manse(Healers Stone, Opal of the Hunted):2                                                                           2 creation points
Hearth Stone Descriptions:

Opal of the Hunted (MANSE 2)
This green and violet opal with gold flecks helps the bearer detect ambushes, not be followed and increases their DV against unexpected attacks,

Stone of Healing +3 medicine rolls made by player.

Artifacts:
Jade Hearth Stone Bracers
Jade: The character's attacks get a -1 speed bonus
This set of bracers has a single hearthstone setting and provide a three-die bonus to the wearer's Dodge pool. It provides additional benefits dependent on the material.

Skin Mount Amulet

Appearing as a large rivet-style body piercing made of one of the magical materials with an indented
disk-shaped socket, skin mount amulets are nothing more than implanted hearthstone amulets (see Exalted,
p. 380) that require no attunement. The design of these amulets also confers an additional number of motes
of Peripheral Essence to the wearer’s maximum Essence pool equal to twice the rating of any hearthstone
placed in the socket. Mountain Folk, God-Blooded and other non-Exalted Essence channelers instead add
these motes to their singular Essence pools. Mortals normally incapable of channeling Essence may attune
to manses if they have one of these devices installed, gaining the usual benefi ts of any hearthstone from
an attuned manse installed in the stone. Mortals also gain the aforementioned bonus motes as a meager
Essence pool that they can recharge only through the inset stone but may otherwise use as if they were
Exalted. Any commitments using Essence from the amulet (such as to other artifacts) immediately end if
the hearthstone leaves its socket. At the height of the First Age, skin mount amulets were a popular form
of jewelry among the Chosen. Hearthstones can be removed or replaced in a skin mount amulet as readily
as any other type of hearthstone amulet. Only the socket itself is actually riveted to the body.
Surgery: 10/5 hours/3/3

Total Background Ratings:
Resources:4
Retainers:5(10 Combat Medics, 10 Various Staff to run her Household and base of operations)
Breeding:3
Family(Exalted Karal Kagobe Exalted Karal Kagobe the II,  Exalted Yushoto, Iyde Married into the Karal Gen:3
Artifact:2
Connections(The Directorate-Stores):3
Connectons(The Shogunate):3
Connections(Gens Karal):3

Abilities raised by BP
Medicine 4                                        1 BP
Resitance 4                                       1 BP
Awareness 4                                       1 BP
Dodge 5                                           2 BP

Equipment:

Staff:
Speed: 6     Accuracy: +2       Damage: +7B        Minium Strength: 2 Cost: N-A     Tags: 2,R

Self Bow:  Speed: 6    Accuracy: +0     Damage: STR+2B   Rate:2    Range: 150   Cost:1/    Notes: Fowling Arrows only carried

Jade Reinforced Buff Jacket: Soak +7L/10B  Hardness: 5L/5B     Mobility: -1   Fatigue: 0 Cost: 2 Attune: 3

History:

Segiyu was everything Her father Karal Kagobe the II of the Karal Gen and an Exalted retired war hero now acting as an elder statesman as it seems he followed in his father's foot steps for the Karal Gen
could want she was beautiful spirited, Ambitious and always saught to experience the pleasures of life. Grand or simple did not matter To Segiyu. She always followed her desire  and when she Exalted this Zeal only grew and it drove her to an
odd choice for her Gen and that was the practice of medicine and when she Exalted she was able to drive a disease out of one of the common folks children and since then she has saught to prove
to her family that those with the knowledge and gift of being a healer can serve honorable and bring glory to ones Gen family and Shogun. She threw herself into her studies and even still managed to find time to persue the pleasures in life.
She also earned herself a bit of a reputaion of being flirtatious with both men and women for her the thrill of capturing their attention and sweet talking people into getting to know her as a person and she now them she never really
committed to physical initimacy though what really got her going was learning the person under the flesh and station and the face the put on for the rest of the world she alway saught to bring out everyones inherent beauty.
Though she would get lectured frequently on this behavior she would not stop getting one blessed and exalted by fire to not persue a passion is a difficult illif not impossible task.Segiyu never really got to know her mother very well
but as been told she inherited her mothers beauty and healers touch which seemed to bother her father greatly and  this tale  explains why;
She was sent out to discover the reason a village lost contact with the shogunate and when she arrived  and invesigated the town alone at first her worst fears were soon made evident a strange disease  that turned skin gray and it would eventually rot and fall off hungers became insatiable even with great amounts of food it could not be sated and more and more began to die from what had spread through out the village with using
the gift that carried words on the wind she informed her companions to return and not enter the village due to this unknown disease and not have her husband or daughter come near this and when this information was recieved the Gens Karal family ordered the village burned along with Segiya's Mother. Upon her death Segiyu was bequeathed two hearthstones her mother procured for the day she exalted but since she died first she had in her
final affairs that the be given to Seigyu on her passing.When Segiyu finally exalted and after some training and preparation for her life as a female exalted of her Gen she constantly pressed her father to prove herself in the field of combat and medicine
She argued regularly with her father till he finally caved under the  condition that in ten years time she would come home and  Marry if she did not attain Glory and honor for the family through her vision and though it pained him he held up his end of the bargain and the day she set out
to establish her base of operations and gather the skilled help she would need for this new unit she was granted three artifacts to help his daughter on her path. With that she assembled her servants she had for the most of her life  and set out to start living and striving to her vision of Glory and Honor.
To this day she now has built her unit and the home where the live thrive and still strive to prove themselves in this new bold endeavor. The villa where her and her unit and servants will work and live is 5 miles out from great folks to provide what little assistance to a weakened Great Forks military and be an eye for for common enemies and be able to alert her family.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B045d3d_6uDAb3JRbWprWldDNTA

Teo Torriatte

I wasn't actually too hot on having Contacts anyway... I had thought they were mandatory for some reason. So I got a few other things, as well as swapped out her 2nd melee excellency for Battle Fury Focus. Let me know if there is anything else I need to change or clarify?

Dracorion

Alright, I've PMed Marie about the last details of her sheet.

Other than that, sorry Shadow, but I'm afraid Argent Witches is a lot of content that I'm not willing to make players familiarize themselves with, even if you're helping. Especially when I don't think it's necessary.

And Luna, every looks fine, except I'd appreciate it if you could list your BP expenditures somewhere on your sheet.

Muse

Seriously, Shadow.  It's not polite to pressure the entire group--including the GM who's putting a great deal of effort into making us a game--into learning a completely new charm set.  Maybe you should advertise for a GM to run for you using the charm set?  Or offer to run a game for people willing to learn the charm set so more people will be willing to use them. 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Teo Torriatte

Chajesdad

Ok so Imara is coming along, though may need to review for Allies. Taking a bit. I will correct it all with a mentor for the Lunar. For now.

Name:

Imara Iselsi
Type:Solar
Caste:Eclipse
Motivation:The return of House Iselsi to it's former glory and increase it to the Great House it should be.

Intimacies:Kifur (son), The jackal Tribe, House Iselsi,
Anima:A swirling corona of golden sparks, countered by a dark band of coal embers. A dep purple and gold outline

of a ram rearing in defiance, a signet of paired mountains stamped in golden sparks bore between the horns.
Anima Power:XXX
Birthday:XXX
Height:5'7"
Weight:125 lbs
Skin:dark
Hair:Black
Eyes:Green
Style:Sultry Delzhani Archer,heavy Egyptian markings in skin color, makeup and clothing. Sweeping but loose off

whilte linens, that drape from a golden chain about her neck, bare belly, and leg separated only by her  white linen loincloth exposing

both hips. Dark shoulder length hair capped in golden tips, heavy bronze hairband crests just above the brow. Emerald Green eyes peer

from a strong face. Well cared for selfbow, and goldenbracers covered well in off white linens grace the final decorations, heavy golden

earrings adorn her lobes.
Charsheet

Strength2  Charisma2  Perception3
Dexterity5Manipulation2Intelligence3
Stamina4Appearance3Wits3

Archery5Integrity0CraftX
Martial Arts1Performance1Investigation0
Melee1Presence1Lore2
Thrown0Resistance1Medicine0
War1Survival0Occult4

Athletics2Bureaucracy1
Awareness1Linguistics3
Dodge5Ride1
Larceny0Sail1
Stealth0Socialize2

Craft Invested dots
Air0
Earth0
Fire0
Water1
Wood1Magitech0

Specialties
Archery:Elemental Bolt Attack2
Wood: Tailor1Bureaucracy:Wheelin-n-Dealin0

Languages:
High Realm, Old Realm, Rivertongue, Flametongue

Charms

Dodge Charms

1st Dodge Excellency
xxxx, xm+xwp

Shadow over Water
xxxx, xm+xwp

Seven Shadow Evasion
xxxx, xm+xwp

Reflex Sidestep
xxxx, xm+xwp

Resistance Charms

Ox Body Technique
xxxx, xm+xwp

Lore Charms

Elemental Bolt Attack (Fire)
xxxx, xm+xwp

Archery Charms

2nd Archery Excellency
xxxx, xm+xwp

Occult Charms

Terrestrial Circle Sorcery
xxxx, xm+xwp

Spirit Detecting Glance
xxxx, xm+xwp

Spirit Cuttung Attack
xxxx, xm+xwp

Thaumaturgic Arts&Degrees
xxx (+x)

Sorcery
xxx, xxm

Hound of the Five Winds
xxxx, xm+xwp

Summon the Harvest
xxxx, xm+xwp

Backgrounds
Ally1 (Dragonblooded--Sorceror--Arminger--Spy--Iselsi Vedaa--brother.
)

Artifact2 (Orichalcum Hearthstone Bracers --Rank 2 -- Bulwark of the Golden Quill--+3 dodge dice pool, +2

damage)

Backing1 (House Iselsi--)

Connections1 (Cult of the Illuminated)

Cult2 (Jackal Tribe)

Resources3 (Sale of Bulb of Demise and Renewal grown at the Rising River Hostel of Benevolent Life)

Merits
xxxx (xxx) (-xpts)

Flaws
Obligation (Cult of the Illuminated) (+3pts)
Suppressed Healing (Due to child of a disease god that I carry within me, I have to undergo treatments and medication that weaken my

Exalted healing ability. I heal as a mortal.) (+4pts)

Virtues
Compassion2Conviction4
Temperance2Valor3

Virtue Flaw:
Heart of Flint

Defense Values (dodge):
Physical:7, Mental:6
Soak:
B4/L2/A0 (unarmored B4/L2)
Health Levels:
-0, -1, -1, -1, -2, -2, -2, -2, -4, incapacitated, x3 death
Attacks:

Willpower:
8(8)

Essence:
Personal Pool:
xx/xx
Peripheral Pool:
xx/xx
Other Pools:
xx
Committed:
xx

Bonus Points 18/25
2 for Archery
1 Linguistics
1 Resistance
1 C) Water
1 Awareness
6 Elemental Bolt Attack
1 Ally
7 Essence
3 WP
1 Valor
1 Conviction

+3 Obligation Cult of the Illuminated
+4 Suppressed Healing
Background
Iselsi Imara was born under a brilliant sign, a bright star supporting her house and lifting it to great heights. Through the exploitations of childhood friends that Imara made, the family was able to strengthen their position within the Threshhold, Chiaroscuro specifically. Many agreements which have strengthened the Delzhan and House Iselsi have been made through channels that she had built without design for exploitation. As she grew political opportunities allowed her to make friends amond the Delzhan and Jackal Tribes, both in the city and outside. Once it was apparent that she would not Exalt in the normal youthful fashion, she was married off by the family to reinforce the connection with the Delzhan. Her husband was embarrassed that she kept her family name through the union. the education of Kifur their son, was the last straw and the union was moved to an in name only. Imara had insisted that Kifur be brught up with a Realm thorough education, and that the lifestyle of the Delzhan was not the kind that would benefit their son. The father rejoined his nomadic family while keeping one of his wives (Imara) in Chiaroscuro. Imara ran the business side of the family making agreements, and taking orders. This was done with a lackluster interest. Kifur had become sick.
     Kifur was found to bear a long lasting debilitating disease. It did not take long before the dr that was treating him, was found to bear the disease as well. Kifur was a young man and chose to join the Jackal Tribe, even against his mother's pleadings. Imara made arrangements through both families for several members of the Jackal tribe to be attendants for her son, not fully understanding the Tribe and how they would look after one of their own, accept him and take the payment in resources that could be shared among the Tribe. Through one of the attendants, Kifur was exposed to another plague, one which guaranteed death, slow and agonizing.
     The truth of the matter was that the plague was spread from one person to another once the body was too weak to carry on. It was the child of Imminent Renewal, a disease god. Using her resources, Imara offered herself as the carrier of this child for seven years, using her families resources to provide for her health and maintain the child till the birth. The deal was sealed with a kiss, and Imara began to glow.
     The Iselsi could not bear additional shame after the failed attempt on the Empress life. Now Exaltation of an Anathema from their teachings. But the astrologers of the House saw the coming of Imara as fortuitous, even after the Exaltation, she was in hiding true, and as a Solar would be outside thier control... Vedaa was sent to assist and control the situation.
     Imara had been collected upon her Exaltation by a loose organization called the Cult of the Illuminated. They advised to allow Imara's new natural strength of constitution to suppress and kill the growing infection within her but Imara knew the infection was the child and that her son would be in danger if she went back on her deal. Imara chose to find a means to keep the birth, specialists were brought in, people that she cannot remember except as vague interactions. Then she was introduced to Witness, who had been looking for her all his  Second Breath. Imara did not feel the same devotion, though she hoped to earn the respect. Witness took her personal medical care into his hands, learning first the mundane medical techniques, then beginning to create  the medicines that she would need, finally deciding to find a mentor in the Martial Arts that would provide an answer for the consistent degeneration of his mate.
What were you thinking just now?

https://elliquiy.com/forums/onsoffs.php?u=31109 Ons and Offs

Dracorion

Thanks Luna.

Chajesdad, I'll hold off on the rest until you've finished, but your sheet looks largely okay. Biggest issue is that the ability section is messed up. Most of the sheet has that formatting problem, but the abilities have it worse.

Though, could you elaborate on the "Wheelin-and-dealin" Socialize specialty?

Chajesdad

Wheelin-n-Dealin comes into play when negotiating bargains, establishing price, settling terms of contracts and treaties. Will review for  formatting.

Thorn14

Hey, since I haven't been able to put the effort I should be putting, I'm going to ask if I can be put on the waiting list instead and let another person take my slot.

Sorry for all the headaches. Its been a rough week.

Dracorion

Considering there's 12 spots and only 11 people interested, Thorns, it might be slightly difficult to put you on the waiting list. :P

But if two people show up wanting to join, I guess you can be on the waiting list. Until then, I wouldn't worry about it.

Chajesdad

Would you feel more comfortable if I put the Wheelin-n-Dealin Specialty in Bureaucracy?

Zaer Darkwail

Well, Bureucracy would fit as it deals with economy and trade. But placing it on social skill like presence it would mean in business negotiations you get a edge. Up to you how you want present the speciality.

Dracorion

Quote from: Chajesdad on November 15, 2012, 10:23:09 PM
     Wheelin-n-Dealin comes into play when negotiating bargains, establishing price, settling terms of contracts and treaties. Will review for  formatting.

Considering the description, Wheelin-n-Dealin seems to fit Bureaucracy better, yeah. Presence could work as well, since Bureaucracy doesn't really fit in social combat.

Thorn14

Quote from: Dracorion on November 16, 2012, 05:34:34 AM
Considering there's 12 spots and only 11 people interested, Thorns, it might be slightly difficult to put you on the waiting list. :P

But if two people show up wanting to join, I guess you can be on the waiting list. Until then, I wouldn't worry about it.

Well for now, just don't worry about me I guess. I'll see if I can get into the swing of things later.  ;)

Re Z L

Quote from: Dracorion on November 16, 2012, 05:34:34 AM

12 spots!?   :o
A&A

Dracorion

Uh, yeah.

Quote from: Dracorion on November 12, 2012, 09:41:00 AM
Alright, after much deliberation I've decided to increase the player limit. Instead of 7 players, I'm taking in 12.

This means Re Z L, Darkling, Chajesdad and AndyZ can start making characters if they're still interested. If Shadowfox would like to join as well, he's welcome to.

^-^

I was actually going to start PMing you guys to make sure you knew.