Pokemon: Chains of Evolution (8/8 Gyms filled; closed until further notice.)

Started by Revenent, June 19, 2012, 04:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowFox89

Call me Shadow
My A/A

Revenent

Yeah, I imagine it would have been kind of a pain to be constantly playing two people at once.

ShadowFox89

It's not that, really, it wouldn't be too hard to be playing two people. But I imagine it would annoy the others too much.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

Revenent

What makes you say that? I don't see why anyone else would have an issue with it. And if they do, they should probably say something now.

Revenent

Water is available again, and we have one Gym Leader slot open again. It turns out the person we weren't sure was joining or not can't take part. Hopefully we can find at least one more person to fill the position, and hear from a couple of our reserved players soon so we don't have to find more. If you happen to know any Pokefans who are reliable and decent posters, and who would be interested in this sort of thing, you know what to do.

DRoux

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Apologies to all whom I play YIM games with, but my account seems to have locked me out. I'll try to fix that as soon as I can.

Revenent

Any of the available Types (those not listed in the original post) is fine. There's no premade Gyms or anything.

DRoux

Alright, I'm on it.

How do you feel about a cybergoth running an Electric gym?

EDIT: Disregard that, probably going for Poison since we have an Electric trainer in the Elite Four.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth." - Oscar Wilde

Apologies to all whom I play YIM games with, but my account seems to have locked me out. I'll try to fix that as soon as I can.

DRoux

Also, I had an idea for another big city. This one could probably find a good spot on the western portion of the map.

Astorpoint City
Smog and neon are the two most prevalent things on Astorpoint City’s skyline. Soaring skyscrapers house apartments and businesses near the city’s center, while more squat buildings that form intricate alleyway labyrinths house clubs, those who aren’t looking for a high-rise apartment or a penthouse, and the occasional warehouse. On the outskirts of the town are its factories, their smokestacks spitting smog into the air and drawing in all sorts of Poison Pokemon to feast on the industrial waste.
The sort of city this would be

Revenent

These last two cities seem to be going against what I said about the locals living very closely with nature, but maybe that can be sort of a running theme with the three large cities on the map (and maybe the mega-large Seastorm, to some extent). I certainly think it's a good fit if you're going with a Poison Gym, so we can roll with it.

ShadowFox89

Hmm... Not sure about a city for Natasa...

Maybe one where lot of meditating and getting in tune with yourself is involved.
Call me Shadow
My A/A

DRoux

Sorry. Couldn't think of much else for a city with a Poison Gym.  :-\

On the other hand, I can set to work on dreaming up some nice little hippie sorts of places if you'd like.

Almost finished with my Gym Leader, just need to polish the bio.

Revenent

I'm not too worried about it, to be honest. I think it makes more sense for it to mostly be the smaller towns that are more in tune with nature, anyway, like White Forest, or maybe something like the White version of Opelucid City.

DRoux

One thing I'm curious about for the bio section...

You mentioned types in the first post, but who makes up Tetso's Elite Four?

DRoux

Fair enough. Here we go then, language vague enough so spoilers are unspoiled for all.

Name: Elouise Fairchild
Appearance: See left
Specialization: Poison
Orientation: Bisexual, but prefers girls.

Personality: Likes  trying new things, but will often stick to what she knows, looking for patterns that she can use to her advantage. She is playful and fun-loving, but making her angry is generally a bad idea, as she is quite capable of holding grudges. Other than that, she is bubbly, upbeat, and generally a happy-go-lucky girl.

Hometown and Region: Astorpoint City, Tetso Region

Background:  An Astorpoint native, Elouise grew up with the big city as a facet of regular life. During her early years, she lived in an apartment with her parents. The first Pokemon she caught at the age of ten (with her father’s help) was a Zubat that had been separated from its colony and ended up dangling from their upstairs neighbor’s windowsill.
Years later, when she was sixteen, she picked up a job clearing out anything that happened to clog factory smokestacks, usually a Koffing, with the help of her now-evolved Golbat. She caught one of them, as opposed to chasing them off as per her usual job, and started training it alongside her Golbat.
Come the age of eighteen, however, she decided that she wanted to do a little bit of travelling, and see the region. She did a full circuit of Tetso’s towns and cities, with Douglasberg City in particular reminding her of her home. She spent a few weeks there, traversing the city’s underground ruins, when she met the Elite Four’s Ghost Trainer, also exploring the underground. After a friendly chat, and guessing that she would have to be a decent Trainer to make it as far from the surface as Elouise was when they met, the girl was extended the invitation to join the new League as Astorpoint’s Gym Leader.

Starting Team:
Koffing
Attacks: Poison Gas, Smog, SmokeScreen

Golbat
Attacks: Toxic, Confuse Ray, Venoshock, Wing Attack

Revenent

Very nice; I don't see anything that requires fixing. She certainly seems like the type of person our Ghost Elite Four member might take a liking to.

Elouise Fairchild - Approved

Though now I've noticed all four people who joined in from this topic are playing female characters, and my co-GM is playing a female character, so that puts us on a one-to-five gender ratio until we hear from our remaining two. Shouldn't be an issue, though.

Oh, and feel free to include the nickname of your character's main/chosen Pokemon in your character sheet if you already have one in mind.

Occident

May I ask if merchants are allowed? Perhaps a researcher for whatever large company is in the region? That or set up some spa area or breeding center.

Revenent

Sure, though my character (who I will put up a sheet for soon) is already a researcher and aspiring Pokemon Professor who focuses on the effects of cross-breeding pokemon, so you might want to be careful about overlap.

Occident

I will wait to see what sort of projects your profile mentions and avoid similar things. Though having them overlap at one area and start to compete for funding might be interesting for later on. Would your character have a sponsor?

Revenent

I don't know. I think he would probably be funded by an accomplished Professor, if anything. Most likely Elm, since he's an expert on breeding.

Revenent

Sorry for taking so long on this; a busy couple of days kept me from thinking about the details as much as I wanted to. Once we have another profile or two up, I'll get a character thread, and then we can start to do some work with our towns and gym challenges while we wait for the rest.

Name: Cedric Oleaster
Appearance: See left.
Specialization: Grass
Orientation: Hetero
Personality: Cedric is a quiet and thoughtful man, preferring to think through almost anything he says rather than blurting something out and risking sounding like a fool. Outwardly, he seems strong and perhaps a bit distant, but has lingering confidence issues over mistakes he's made in the past, especially when it comes to training pokemon. It's difficult to earn his full-hearted trust, but because so few have it, he'll fight to the death for whoever does.
Hometown and Region: Driftveil City, Unova Region
Background: Driftveil was not the best place for a mind like Cedric's. While the city was a great place to find work, prospering from both the region's central dock operation and Clay's mining company, the young man wanted more than to just be a laborer for the rest of his life. He saw how pokemon worked alongside the miners and the dock workers, but wanted to learn more about the psychology of pokemon: why they were so willing to help humans, and what made them all different, yet so similar and easy to befriend. By the time he reached 16, an answer was brought to him, but not the kind he expected. Men came to his town and preached that pokemon were really not happy with humans, but enslaved and miserable. He was told they needed to be rescued, and he made up his mind to join the fight.

Cedric received his first pokemon at the same time as he left Driftveil for the first time of his life, and he was immediately set to doing the dirty work of this new group. He didn't understand how his seemingly harmful actions could benefit the pokemon population as a whole, but he believed he was learning the truth about their nature, and did whatever he was told as he sought more truth. Unfortunately, by the time he came to his senses and realized he was the one enslaving and hurting pokemon, justice had come for them, and he was a changed man; not even Clay, who he had known all his life, and who has father had worked for for decades, recognized him with his new uniform and attitude. Abandoning his pokemon to be returned to their trainers, Cedric fled his home as an outlaw, believing he would never be able to raise a pokemon again.

Time made the difference, though. He traveled around for a year or two in flight of his past before he came to Kanto, where he found a poor Oddish being poached by two awfully familiar men in black uniforms. He took the two men down before they could manage to get their own pokemon out and left the Oddish to go free again, but, strangely, the little weed creature decide to follow after him instead, much to his chagrin. It was while trying to get this pokemon to stop following him that he was discovered by a man named Oak, who questioned why anyone would not want the friendship of such a kind creature. Of course, Oak could see the answer in Cedric's eyes; he saw a damaged man, plagued with self-doubt and loathing for his past, but there was still a spark beneath of someone who wanted to become more, to learn more about pokemon and create a better world with that knowledge. Despite much resistance, he managed to convince Cedric to become a research student.

With the help of Oak, Elm, and various other Pokemon Professors (along with his friendly new Oddish, Priscilla), Cedric gradually started to trust himself with pokemon again, eventually accepting an offer from Professor Elm to perform a research project for him. The locals surrounding a wildlife reserve in the distant region of Tetso had agreed to let Elm set up a new lab on the site to study effects of cross-breeding, especially among Grass pokemon. Having taken a great interest in the Grass type himself, Cedric agreed and departed to perform research on his own, not nearly a Pokemon Professor in his own right, but on that road nonetheless.

A visit from the friendly Elite Four Steel trainer eventually presented an opportunity for Cedric to get even more funding for his and Elm's project. With the hearty approval of the locals, he converted part of his lab into a Gym, deciding to dedicate his challenge to making trainers realize the importance of trust between them and their pokemon.

Starting Team:
Gloom (Priscilla)
Attacks: Mega Drain, Acid, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder

Turtwig
Attacks: Cut, Razor Leaf, Withdraw

Occident

That reminds me. Did you choose legendary pokemon for this reason from the fakemon listing?

Karasu

Totally interested myself. I'm working on a male, though I definatly could use my female from another pokemon game, tho I'll have to see..

I absolutely love those new eevelutions, aireon, eeveleon, and eartheon are so cute! hehe well I'll have this up very soon.
SEEKING Undertale/Deltarune RP, PM to discuss details.

Revenent

Quote from: Occident on June 27, 2012, 01:49:26 AM
That reminds me. Did you choose legendary pokemon for this reason from the fakemon listing?

That particular fakemon list? No. But I have seen some elsewhere that I may incorporate. I just want to discuss it with my co-GM before making any final decisions, and she has her hands full with real life at the moment, so nothing's set in stone yet. Aside from the two or three original Legendaries that will be involved, anyway.

Quote from: Karasu on June 27, 2012, 03:20:37 AM
Totally interested myself. I'm working on a male, though I definatly could use my female from another pokemon game, tho I'll have to see..

I absolutely love those new eevelutions, aireon, eeveleon, and eartheon are so cute! hehe well I'll have this up very soon.

Welcome aboard. ;D I look forward to seeing what you bring to the table.