News:

"Forbidden Fruit [L-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Colour Coding

Started by MusicNeverDies, June 20, 2009, 11:06:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MusicNeverDies

(Yes, I meant to type it -oUr.)

About the colours down on the Who's online section. I think that it might be helpful if the mentors were all the same colour, instead of colour-coded by genders. It would make it a bit easier for the newly approved members to see who the mentors are and which ones are online, in case they have questions. Then they could contact whomever is on, instead of messaging the specific mentor that had helping them and have to potentially wait until the next day, or whenever that particular one is online.

Or maybe have an updated list with all the current mentors listed in the Introduction forum, because right now the only way I can tell who is a mentor is if they post and I see their tag. Or the group listings at the bottom, but to be honest it took me forever to notice that was clickable (thought it was just a legend for the colours) and I doubt new members would know that clicking it brings you to (three seperate, though only two have mentors right now) lists.

Oniya

They used to all have the same colour badge too until - I think less than a week ago?  I just remember looking up one day recently and seeing a green Mentor badge on someone.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

MusicNeverDies

Quote from: Oniya on June 20, 2009, 11:19:39 AM
They used to all have the same colour badge too until - I think less than a week ago?  I just remember looking up one day recently and seeing a green Mentor badge on someone.
I know. The badges under their usernames are fine as it is, I think. I mean in the who's online at the bottom. :)

And yea, it changed from all the same to by gender, once they added the third gender group.

Will

Mentors work in pairs/groups, or used to at least.  Hypothetically, new members that need help shouldn't have to wait very long since either/any of the mentors they're assigned to could be contacted.

If my information is out of date, just ignore me. XD
If you can heal the symptoms, but not affect the cause
It's like trying to heal a gunshot wound with gauze

One day, I will find the right words, and they will be simple.
- Jack Kerouac

Trieste

The current system is designed to handle that question as well as make first contact with shy new members.

Each new person is assigned to a mentor team with two or three people on it, and no less than two Mentors PM them upon approval. One PM gives a little jumpstart how-to about the website, including the staff page I believe, and the other PM generally tells them who their mentors are and gives IM contact info.

New members are pretty well cared for in this respect.