Young Justice [Reboot]-recruitment thread

Started by apygoos, February 07, 2013, 09:55:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AribethAmkiir

sorry been swamped with school but it should let up after this week

apygoos

my idea was one big team, only really breaking into two teams if theres like, 20+ players wanting in on this.

CurvyKitten

Bah I need to stop looking over dc characters hehe. I thought about play starfire or raven because I knew their stories a bit more. But Argent and Looker look like a lot of fun with possible interesting rp.

apygoos

keep in mind this is a universe all of its own, in our previous game for example, superboy's name wasn't even decided upon yet. He could've been indiana jones for all we knew. so when it comes to character selection go with whatever you think would be most fun. ill also get an OOC and character thread up soon

MaiMizzu

How many players we looking to get before we get started IC? I don't wanna lose anyone because we waited to long, ya know?
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

apygoos

id say once we get those last character sheets in we will be ready to start IC, been busy watching LoL, ill get an ooc and approved character thread up

apygoos

CurvyKitten

Ok question here, which set of power aspects should I go with for Looker aka Emily. I have two different sites that have slight differences in her powers. Like all her mental abilities came before her vampirism so they are her natural gifts. But on a different one it doesn't mention them as a before her turning thing. I'm so confused!
site one
site two

BlackestKnight

Quote from: CurvyKitten on February 09, 2013, 05:49:51 PM
Ok question here, which set of power aspects should I go with for Looker aka Emily. I have two different sites that have slight differences in her powers. Like all her mental abilities came before her vampirism so they are her natural gifts. But on a different one it doesn't mention them as a before her turning thing. I'm so confused!
site one
site two

Can't you just make her powers to be whatever you want it to be? What I mean is, is it really so important that you follow the script that the comics laid out instead of personalizing the character in a way that works for you?

Re Z L

Quote from: CurvyKitten on February 09, 2013, 05:49:51 PM
site one
site two

The dc wikia seems like a good place to start, but you can always change things around like BlackestKnight said
A&A

CurvyKitten

Player:curvykitten
Name: Emily Briggs prefers Lia Briggs
Codename: Looker
Height:5'9''
Weight:180 lbs
Appearance: now coming into her own after being exposed exposed to the rays of a fragment of Halley's Comet. Her body is now what would could describe as perfectly constructed. Full lush curves, that fill out that hourglass figure rather nicely. Well toned muscles that only give hint to the power that they can call upon. Long legs that seem to go on for days. Vibrant red hair that draws attention up her tall form.
more pictures of emily

Powers:
Her meta-gene abilities

Psionic powers.The original set of Looker's power are psionic in nature, and are manifested by a soft blue glow around her eyes, she is one of the most powerful mentalists on Earth. Her psionic abilities are varied in disciplines, including telepathy which allows her to enter and read the minds of others, communicate mentally with others over long distances, set up mental blocks, or emotional influences, stun the minds of others with powerful "mental bolts" which shock the minds of others into unconsciousness, control the minds of others thereby commanding their actions, and create complex and believable illusions in the minds of others. She also possesses telekinesis which she use for levitation and the construction of psionic force shields which have a high degree of imperiousness.

Vampiric powers
     Immortality: So long as vampires continue to consume blood, they will not age beyond the physical state they were in when they first became a vampire.

Invulnerability: Vampires are invulnerable to most forms of injury (certain exceptions apply). Bullets, blades and blunt objects do little to no damage to a vampire's body.

Regeneration: In addition to being virtually indestructible, whatever damage a vampire does in fact suffer can be healed through the consumption of human blood.

Superhuman Strength: A vampire's strength level is several times that of a normal human being and they are considered superhuman.

Superhuman Stamina: So long as they continue to consume human blood, a vampire can function tirelessly without rest or relaxation. However, a vampire's stamina wanes the closer it is to sunrise.

Transformation: Vampires often possess the ability to transform into a variety of creatures or effects such as bats, wolves, rats or even mist. While their physical attributes may fluctuate during such states, a vampire's mental acuity is the same as that when they are in their human shape. A vampire who transforms into an animal may also benefit from that particular animal's attributes including razor-sharp claws, fangs or the ability to fly.

Vampirism: In addition to the various mental and physical benefits that vampires are heir to, they also possess the ability to turn others into vampires as well. Each new vampire is traditionally subservient to the one who "turned" them, but some strong-willed vampires have been known to rebel against their masters. Unlike most vampires Looker is a Daywalker, hence most vampire afflictions against sunlight, holy symbols, and other such typical limitations.

Skills:
her intelligence, dancing, painting, good with money and the stocks, lucid dreamer, photography (even if she herself doesn't show up on film),
Equipment:
All the things a woman needs to be absolutely fabulous oh and a kick as pair of boots.
Weaknesses:
The blood lust that eats at her, a struggle that sticks with her and has her having to keep some of the things she would want most at bay.

The fact that she has to have enough energy or blood to use or benefit from her vampiric powers. So she has to feed or she will become weak and almost sick from lack of blood.

That she could be subservient to the vampire that turned her. Though she has not come in contact with him since he turned her.

The effectiveness of her psionic powers depends on her physical condition, distance to be traveled and other consideration.

Not as combat trained the others, as she has relied on her psionic powers for the majority of her fighting.
Backstory:
With an "ugly duckling" view of herself and growing up having a massive inferiority complex due to her plain appearance, Emily Briggs always longed to one day be beautiful. One day her dream would come true as she was kidnapped by emissaries from the lost underground colony of Abyssia. Reviling to Emily she was actually the next in a line of generational structured governing house for the throne of their nation through her paternal grandfather, who fled Abyssia decades ago for the surface world. Overwhelmed by the destiny which was unveiled to her, Emily was taken against her will to Abyssia, Emily was told that by once having been exposed to the rays of a fragment of Halley's Comet that fell over two thousand years ago she would undergo a transformation. Finally becoming a swan Emily would gain formidable powers of the mind and incredible beauty.

Emily was than transformed by the comets fragment and quickly became the pawn of two warring factions from two hateful siblings in a plot to wipe out the entire population of Earth's surface. Since Emily had met Katana earlier on and the two became friends, Katana attempted to side her during the kidnapping but failed. Contacting her fellow Outsiders, together with Batman planed to track and rescue Emily who with their help and her new abilities defeated the warring siblings and won her freedom. Delighted when she found her transformation was permanent she went home with the Outsiders. Her fiance ( a high school sweet heart she settled for because she never thought anyone else would look at her.) ended up not understanding the woman that returned, not excepting her and in the end turning her away. No she come across a new team and looks to find a new purpose in life.

apygoos

kitten: If i may suggest omitting her vampirism? With just her Mental powers shes a pretty formidable character. and when it comes to telepathy, ill put the advice out early, it is very, very easy to metagame/power play with telepathy if you are not careful. This is often avoided with communication, but some people forget or don't realize it.

CurvyKitten

Oh I know all about the mental powers and respecting peoples posts and such and not metagaming with them. I play Jean grey in an other thread, and I mostly use her powers on the bad guys. I always ask if it is ok to read your characters mind in this moment. Normally when it is REALLY important to do so. Like when they need help or are going to hurt themselves or others that sort of thing. I actually have only used her powers on on other PC's during a intimate moment lol. The rest of the time it was what ever big bad was in play.

apygoos

perfect then, also the second a paragraph in the bio seems to be quite a bit for a nineteen year old to have gone though so far. So i think it you trim the bio a bit and drop the vampire aspect she will be good to go, anyone else have thoughts?

CurvyKitten

I kind of wanted to play her due to the vampire aspect, the interesting twist and the struggle and depth of the character that comes for it. If she can't have or be that I'd rather not play that character than. On either site she had the mental powers it either came from her vampirism or had it before I simply flipped a coin and went with one.

apygoos

i thought i made this but i guess i didnt
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=165361.0 post your approved characters there, so once we get the final cut of Looker she can go on there too if approved.

well the mental powers AND the vamperism is a little much in terms of a "power pool". Waht does everyone else think on that?

apygoos

Re Z L

Quote from: apygoos on February 10, 2013, 01:21:06 PM
i thought i made this but i guess i didnt
https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=165361.0 post your approved characters there, so once we get the final cut of Looker she can go on there too if approved.

well the mental powers AND the vamperism is a little much in terms of a "power pool". Waht does everyone else think on that?

Seems fine to me, personally
A&A

Vladimir valentine

I thinks she would be fine, maybe instead of removing one or the other completely. She could just remove a few psychic and vampiric abilities that aren't needed, or weaken them.

apygoos

Re Z L

Her vampiric powers are directly tied to drinking blood, so if she goes long without it then she'd be like superman being taken away from the yellow sun, they'd wane over time (though without blood she starts to become even weaker, as if she were starving to death).  How do they compare with other heroes?  Well I don't think she'd be nearly as strong as Wonder Girl or Superboy, but certainly a physical power house in her own regard.

What about her psychic powers?  She's certainly no Miss Martian.  I think they round out the rest of her powers nicely (especially since they won't wane with her loss of blood).

Her weaknesses are interesting for a hero.  She has to drink blood of all things, which I'm sure will cause some problems along the way.

All in all I think the character is fine as she has it presented already.
A&A

CurvyKitten

Also note that she has very little combat or hand to hand training. So even with the vampiric powers she is pretty much a street brawler when it comes to straight man to man fighting.

Primarch

Quote from: Re Z L on February 10, 2013, 02:34:30 PM
Her vampiric powers are directly tied to drinking blood, so if she goes long without it then she'd be like superman being taken away from the yellow sun, they'd wane over time (though without blood she starts to become even weaker, as if she were starving to death).  How do they compare with other heroes?  Well I don't think she'd be nearly as strong as Wonder Girl or Superboy, but certainly a physical power house in her own regard.

What about her psychic powers?  She's certainly no Miss Martian.  I think they round out the rest of her powers nicely (especially since they won't wane with her loss of blood).

Her weaknesses are interesting for a hero.  She has to drink blood of all things, which I'm sure will cause some problems along the way.

All in all I think the character is fine as she has it presented already.

+1.

Although it would probably be unfair if I had an issue. I app'd Power Boy after all.

apygoos

well given we have superman being the pinnacle of super speed, strength, etc, id say keep it in check relative to that scale, and perhaps it should be fine. Shes a young inexperienced vampire, so perhaps there could be some character arcs dealing with that fact, etc.

CurvyKitten

Quote from: apygoos on February 10, 2013, 03:02:50 PM
well given we have superman being the pinnacle of super speed, strength, etc, id say keep it in check relative to that scale, and perhaps it should be fine. Shes a young inexperienced vampire, so perhaps there could be some character arcs dealing with that fact, etc.

Kind of part of the reason I wanted to play her, she will be struggling with her vampire side for a while. I'm sure there will be some touch and go moments. Like struggling with a dark side that is always hungry. I thought it would be an interesting aspect to rp.

And I figured I'd use other vampires as examples, she can probably lift a car but not a building or something huge like that. Punch through a wall but steel enforced walls would take more effort. Where as the really strong people could do it with an easy punch.

And some of her vampire powers she is still probably learning, like transformation is kind of a hit or miss...I wonder if I can turn into a bat..yes ok, what about a shark..nope...damn ok...what about a... and so forth. She is still learning her limits and what she can do. Maybe along the lines she gets stronger but that all comes with time. As any real skills would take some time.