The Uncanny X-Men (Free-Form RPG, Groups)

Started by PhantomPistoleer, July 09, 2013, 11:20:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jag

So...it's something we should discuss with another player before deciding on? The GM Plot can be strictly character related, but the Canon Plot is something that should have happened with at least one other character.
Ons/Offs // Request Thread (Updated 3/10/24) // Slow to Reply at the Moment

kckolbe

The GM one does not have to involve anyone.  For example, I recently submitted one saying that recently a lot of mutants have been appearing from other dimensions. 

The canon one will have to involve your character, and be something other characters can choose to be a part of.  Example: Maggot once fought against (insert villain(s) here) with the help of the X-Men.  Then, other players will read through it and decide if they want their char to have been there.

Alternatively, Maggot could have fought against the X-Men.  Completely up to you.
Ons/Offs  A/A  Oath of the Drake
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer(IC#2)
Intro Thread

Jag

Got it. Maggot's been around both Magneto and Mr. Sinister, so that shouldn't be too difficult to come up with.

Kimera

Quote from: kckolbe on July 14, 2013, 07:21:34 AM
Kimera, depending on how insect-themed, may be possible.  We are in the human bondage section, so characters do need to be very humanoid.

Well I was mainly thinking the ability to control insects etc.

However, the idea was to have some physical hints as well. Given the section the game is in, I'll have to keep it subtle.
Perhaps an alternate form, a la Sauron

kckolbe

Oh, I gotcha.  Looking forward to seeing it.
(From the Penis Game) Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Penis
I love a wet nymph.  "Letting some guy have [her] just to have another woman is a losing trade"

Intro Thread

Jag

Doing the 'Web of Relationships' things and I keep getting the feeling that I should add onto my character bio so that Eany and Meany have their own little personalities...Like Hermes' snakes in the Percy Jackson books. >.<

kckolbe

Then go for it.  If that information is relevant, then please mention it.  The character sheet just shows the stuff you have to fill out.  You can include more.

Intro Thread

Pumpkin Seeds

Maybe focus on a "hive mind" style of telepathy or mental ability.  The character can put themselves into the mind of multiple, "small" creatures.

Jag

Quote from: kckolbe on July 14, 2013, 08:01:47 AM
Then go for it.  If that information is relevant, then please mention it.  The character sheet just shows the stuff you have to fill out.  You can include more.

Not sure if it's relevant, but more entertainment value. The only person that they can actually speak with is Maggot. Other people just hear purring, growling, and clicking. More of a quirk.

Kimera

Quote from: Pumpkin Seeds on July 14, 2013, 08:02:00 AM
Maybe focus on a "hive mind" style of telepathy or mental ability.  The character can put themselves into the mind of multiple, "small" creatures.

That could work

Sasquatch421

Ok, so I'm working on a character for the RP... Lookwise he is Testament from Guilty Gear complete with a scythe he can summon when needed. I'm still trying to decide on powers and I'm torn in between death-force manipulation, dark element manipulation or dark force manipulation. If it was ok with everyone else I was also thinking of making him a former horseman. I mean there have been others that were horsemen of Apocalypse that have went back to good... Hulk, Caliban, Wolverine, Archangel and I know Gambit was Death but I'm not really up on the newer stories so I'm not sure what happened.

Oh and here's a pic of the character for those who are not Guilty Gear fans....

kckolbe

Never played Guilty Gear, so thanks for the images.  I love the summoned scythe and just the general look.  Will the scythe be a normal scythe, or made of some energy?  As for powers, what kind of effects would they have?

Intro Thread

Sasquatch421

Oh Guilty Gear is a fun fast and furious fighting game... In Guilty Gear X you fight Testament before Dizzy and he kicked my ass many times and his theme is just plain bad-ass... I'm thinking the scythe would but normal unless I decide on using Dark Force manipulation, then it would be made from energy from the Dark Force dimension. Effects would vary depending on what I decide...

Dark Elements manifestations of the dark, destructive and consuming aspect of their respective elements. Visually dark elements are often somehow disturbing, even unnatural and somehow darker if not completely black, in addition they often act in ways that would be best described as semi-sentient.

Death Force Manipulation is that which causes things to wither, rot, weaken, and eventually die. The user can sense and manipulate the essence that allows Death, Destruction, Decay, and Corruption to exist throughout the universe, allowing them to control decayed matter or to request assistance from the dead.

Dark Energy Manipulation the user can create, control, manipulate, materialize and summon dark energy, usually drawn from inter-dimensional or other similar source. It can be channeled to a variety of effects, both as an absence of light and a solid, gaseous and/or liquid substance that can be shaped/manifested in various ways. Some of the effects include blasts, force fields, teleportation through the Dark Force dimension, flight or bombs made from dark force energy...

Unlike Darkness Manipulation, which draws from the similar source, dark energy focuses on direct, destructive and violently outwards directed aspect of the spectrum.

Of the three Death Force Manipulation seems the least likely unless the former Horseman route could be used. Then maybe some powers from there could be added in as sleeping only appearing when that aspect of him awakens. It would replace whatever powers I decide to give Testament at the moment.

kckolbe

I really like Dark Energy manipulation, giving him force fields, blasts, or just good old-fashioned darkness (which he could, of course, see normally in).  Also, the scythe could be made of dark energy.

Intro Thread

Jag

So I added my GM and Canon plot to my profile.

GM Plot: Japheth was living with a small group of mutants when he first entered America. Several of the mutant girls turned up brutally murdered. The group knew Japheth was a flirt and what his slugs, Eany and Meany, could do. They accused him of going off the deep end when the girls rejected him and having his creatures kill them. Japheth witnessed one of the murders and claimed it was a group of slug like demons. He even found out they were called the Ru'Tai, but no one believed him. Japheth fears that the Ru'Tai are some how related to Eany and Meany. He also fears that the Ru'Tai and their slug like leader, Pilgrimm, will come back one day and his friends, Eany and Meany, will be in danger again.

Canon Plot: Japheth feels unappreciated by the X-Men. If it weren't for Eany and Meany, he would be nothing more than an average man with strangely colored skin. With the help of (1) X-Man or Student, he's becoming stronger and more intelligent.

So now I just wait? Or should I PM it all to PP?

kckolbe

Intro Thread

Jag

Awesome. Do I need to move my profile anywhere or just leave it here?

*goes to peek some more at the other threads*

kckolbe

Intro Thread

Jag

Sasquatch421

Since they are variations of each other we could combine the Dark Energy and Darkness Manipulation somehow... The more offensive based powers and scythe could come from the Dark Force Dimension. Then the Darkness part would just be being able to teleport through shadows, seeing in the dark, generating darkness and shadows. I would say Shadow cloaking like what Nightcrawler does in the shadows, but that can come from both.

We could say that he started out just being able to control darkness, but then something put him in contact with the Dark Force Dimension wether it was him being a Horseman or something else. Dark Force wise I'm only going to go blasts, scythe and maybe force field.... Possibly flight, but if he can teleport he really won't need flight. With that skill set he could be a dang good scout... Oh Scythe Proficiency would be a given....

kckolbe

Just to be on the safe side, this generated darkness would be normal darkness, right?  I don't want him to be able to make everyone effectively blind AND have all the other abilities.  "Magical" darkness is a cool ability, but it would be "expensive" if ya get my drift.  This is a difficult task because the concept is cool and I really like the feel of it, but I want to make sure that you aren't multiple X-Men rolled into one.

The scythe and the blasts are all yours, as well as swirling shadows which can effectively make daytime pitch black night in a ten foot radius.

As for teleporting, I figure I'll give you a choice.  Would you prefer:

An ability that lets you step into shadow and appear somewhere else within line of sight?  It wouldn't be an instant flash like Nightcrawler's, but could be used while running to get away (or closer) quickly.

OR

The ability to temporarily create a "wall" of shadow that can be used as a quick shield on yourself or a nearby ally.  It would be strong enough to block any human strength attack (strength 3) and would last a couple of seconds.

Intro Thread

TamaRose

Quote from: kckolbe on July 14, 2013, 02:20:33 AM
PP: Figured as much, but didn't know how much still required manager approval.

So, Blink is approved, Maggot still needs the GM and Canon points, and Flame just needs the Canon point.

TamaRose, if you are okay with Maggot being suspected of being the criminal the first time, that would give those two a link and explain why she had to quit CSI.  They were too eager to go after him.

Michi, I think the tie-in to Flame's GM Plot Point is a good idea, but PP wants one idea from every new character.  The plot point doesn't have to actually involve the character, though.

That is fine with me!

kckolbe

Wonderful!  Mind reposting the sheet with the GM plot from earlier, the canon plot, and (if you want to do them) the ratings for the character?

This is likely my fault for missing it, but would you mind describing the "kill touch?"

Also, would love to see an image, since the first one didn't work.  I bet she's a doll.

Intro Thread

TamaRose

OK. I am not totally lost. Sorry, but I am not fully awake plus I am not feeling all that great today. You want my character sheet?

kckolbe

Yes, please.  It helps to have all the information in one spot when looking it over.  Also, I would like to ask about her touch also being able to kill people, since I think I missed that earlier.

Intro Thread