Shturmovik Love (WWII, M for F)

Started by Wargtass, October 02, 2013, 11:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wargtass

Before you ask: A Shturmovik (pictured right) is an attack plane with one pilot and a rear gunner. It was the most famous Soviet airplane in WWII and infamous among the Germans as its 23mm cannons and bomblets could take out anything from infantry to heavy tanks. It was known as the flying tank among other things because it was notoriously hard to bring down and had a veritable armored drum around the pilot. Sadly the rear gunner weren't as lucky. An approximate 30 rear gunners died for every pilot killed.

Another unique thing about the Soviets; they were the only national fighting force in WWII who allowed women to fight on the frontlines and in the air. Anna Yegorova for instance piloted over 200 missions in her Shturmovik and was given the Hero of the Soviet Union award.

The idea is simple and inspired by this picture. A Soviet ace pilot has gone through his fair deal of rear gunners and has pretty much given up on socializing with the "dead meat in the back seat". But after an especially grizzly end of a gunner he is given a rather special replacement. A female gunner who has survived her fair share of pilots.

Just like that. I want a bit of romance growing out of gritty realism and all the nasty things that war brings. The roles can be reversed and such and I haven't planned anything more because I wanted to develop it further together with a partner. Speaking of which...

What I want from potential partners:

• Have a decent grasp of WWII. No need to be history majors (I can bring that to the table  ;D) but an healthy interest is at least helpful.
  • Have a decent grasp of airplanes. If you know what an piston engine and barrel roll is there is no need to know what ailerons and and energy fighting is. I'll tell you if you ask though. :P
  • Check out my O/O. No need to check anything off, just look through it.
  • PM me with your potential interest and we'll discuss it further.
O/O