AOL CEO: Bebo being shelved

Started by Kelly, July 20, 2009, 01:50:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelly

As I mentioned in my intro, I'm a recent refugee from AOL, and the final straw that drove me away from AOL after over a decade was when they replaced profiles with Bebo, the laughably lousy me-too social networking profile system that AOL bought for $850 million.

Today, my distaste for Bebo has been echoed by AOL CEO Tim Armstrong: AOL CEO states that Bebo sucks.

Oniya

I'm terribly amused that AOL is being 'spun off' from Time Warner, as I remember when AOL acquired Time Warner back in 2001.  Now Time Warner is the one dumping AOL.
"Language was invented for one reason, boys - to woo women.~*~*~Don't think it's all been done before
And in that endeavor, laziness will not do." ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think we're never gonna win this war
Robin Williams-Dead Poets Society ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~Don't think your world's gonna fall apart
I do have a cause, though.  It's obscenity.  I'm for it.  - Tom Lehrer~*~All you need is your beautiful heart
O/O's Updated 5/11/21 - A/A's - Current Status! - Writing a novel - all draws for Fool of Fire up!
Requests updated March 17

Inkidu

Quote from: Oniya on July 20, 2009, 01:59:49 PM
I'm terribly amused that AOL is being 'spun off' from Time Warner, as I remember when AOL acquired Time Warner back in 2001.  Now Time Warner is the one dumping AOL.
You know the old saying: Hell hath no fury like a Limited Liability Corporation scorned. :D
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.