Eberron: Age of Worms (Pathfinder) - Full

Started by TheKhan, February 10, 2012, 01:02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKhan

Awesome character Calllie! Ty will make a great addition to the group.

That leaves us with five spots taken and one remaining. If no one else expresses serious interest in the next couple of days, I'll get us started, but in the meantime there is still time to apply if you wish to join us.

Zaer Darkwail

I am interested to join in. I have idea for a Shadowcaster which is in service of house Phiarlan (or Thuranni), a full city elf from Sharn who messed up major fashion (but was not kicked from house but more send away until things cooldown) and he ran to Diamond Lake before Last War started and then war conviently started. Over the centuries he married a local human woman, builded up a tavern and ran it until his half-elf sons grow old enough run it and now he sits in tavern smoking pipe and just roll his eyes about local affairs. His wife ofc already died by old age and both his sons are middle-aged and married.

Reasons why he has not interfered with corruption is for because he is not powerful (just a 1st level char, he did not participate in the war) and secondly he does not care honestly about Diamond Lake while his sons are more adamant amount local matters but he thinks his sons think only small scale (like their mother did).

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: TheKhan on February 16, 2012, 11:37:16 AM
Awesome character Calllie! Ty will make a great addition to the group.

That leaves us with five spots taken and one remaining. If no one else expresses serious interest in the next couple of days, I'll get us started, but in the meantime there is still time to apply if you wish to join us.

He's actually an NPC from one of my Mutants and Mastermind games... a dimensionally displaced kobold theif into the 'real world'. Ty's arrival was popping into a summoning circle to see a SWAT team shooting above his head. He promptly surrendered and was turned over to a government think tank.

He discovered mochas, lattes, cinnabun and Papa Johns..That version once told the heroes 'There is no way I'm going back without a fully stocked Starbucks'.

Rule of thumb, if he was running AWAY from a source of coffee.  It was bad, do try to keep up

TheKhan

Quote from: Zaer Darkwail on February 17, 2012, 06:14:45 AM
I am interested to join in. I have idea for a Shadowcaster which is in service of house Phiarlan (or Thuranni), a full city elf from Sharn who messed up major fashion (but was not kicked from house but more send away until things cooldown) and he ran to Diamond Lake before Last War started and then war conviently started. Over the centuries he married a local human woman, builded up a tavern and ran it until his half-elf sons grow old enough run it and now he sits in tavern smoking pipe and just roll his eyes about local affairs. His wife ofc already died by old age and both his sons are middle-aged and married.

Reasons why he has not interfered with corruption is for because he is not powerful (just a 1st level char, he did not participate in the war) and secondly he does not care honestly about Diamond Lake while his sons are more adamant amount local matters but he thinks his sons think only small scale (like their mother did).

Certainly an excellent idea. Obviously you'd have to pick which House you were allied with, but most of it works. The only suggestion I'd have is that Phiarlan would be unlikely to concent to a marriage with a human, since those heirs would be unable to bear the bloodline's mark. If you want to keep his spouse human, you can, but it would be more logical for the house to insist his loins be put to use during his exile at the very least by marrying a local elven woman. She could have died due to any number of fallouts from the Last War in the area. Your call.

If you can get the character sheet written up ASAP, we can get started.

Callie Del Noire

Quote from: TheKhan on February 17, 2012, 01:10:36 PM
Certainly an excellent idea. Obviously you'd have to pick which House you were allied with, but most of it works. The only suggestion I'd have is that Phiarlan would be unlikely to concent to a marriage with a human, since those heirs would be unable to bear the bloodline's mark. If you want to keep his spouse human, you can, but it would be more logical for the house to insist his loins be put to use during his exile at the very least by marrying a local elven woman. She could have died due to any number of fallouts from the Last War in the area. Your call.

If you can get the character sheet written up ASAP, we can get started.

I thought half elves could carry that mark. 

Zaer Darkwail

Ok, I rolled up with marrying a local elven woman then who died in mysterious circumstances in the village (leaving it up to GM the details). Son is running the tavern but his dad is chilling mostly. As note none among living (expect his son) knows that he is Shadowcaster and he wants keep it on low profile. Of course rumors could go around him and his origin but he keeps family relations secret to avoid discovery.

The scandal in question was a simple temperemental murder of fellow house member, a dragonmarked. However the thing which spared him was that the said member was traitor; a Thuranni. However they did not want alarm further Thuranni agents inside the house so they can do house cleaning more better so they labelled my char as murderer and as exiled member of the house (until they have confirmed there is no further spies in House but they may have forgot whole deal but my char does not dare to try it; after all house matriarch promised inform when he can return).

Anyways here is my char.

Most curious part is that he is CN follower of both Shadow and Traveler. Traveler because he has always been scoundrel sort of fellow and he has knack for trickery. Shadow is for his actual secret talent in shadow magic; as shadow magic is Shadow granted gift and his mother was follower of Shadow. But he is not evil but can be outright ruthless at times. He is not saint nor seek cleanse corruption around him, more fascinated about it to see how deep the town will actually sink in corruption? But same time he does not want get involved with it either.

Because of his origins he has been kind of detached from the normal townfolk (as his stay is after all temporal and he is sticking here until his house calls him in) but he has been tavernkeeper for years and had already passed the reins for his sons who run the place now. He is far from retiring age and he occassion joins to work when in busy night but he lazes off now smoking pipe in fire place and sometimes sings elven lyrical songs (his tavern has grown famous for this talent). Also he has surprising quick and deft fingers which he likes entertain customers when he is in stage performing his 'stage magic' which actually uses bit shadow magic (so very high sleight of hand skill too). However so far he has denied any rumors about him being Phiarlan and say he just learned stage tricks as wannabe bard youngling days.

My char is overall sneaky caster type who does not have anything offensive expect arrow of dusk (non-lethal dmg ranged touch) and shadow hood (-1 to hit and dex checks for one foe).

Also not sure where spend the 300gp but I trade it off in return to have actual property/business in the village; which is the tavern called Shadow Song. His wife was original owner who heritaged the place and it's very, very old. Probably first building in whole town. His full alias name is Jamie Darkleaf and his sons are Gilen Darkleaf and Clyde Darkleaf.

Quote from: Callie Del Noire on February 17, 2012, 01:36:58 PM
I thought half elves could carry that mark. 

Nop, half-elves have two own dragonmarked houses where they can heritage own dragonmarks. Only expection for half-breeds getting marks is House Tharaskh.

TheKhan

Excellent. You know you have a diverse party when LN is the only non-Evil alignment represented. I think you will work together very well.

I've still got a few PMs I want to send around to people, but they are fairly minor matters for the most part. I'm going to try and get everything set up tonight, although I'm still rather jet lagged and flying again tomorrow. I am, however, very excited as I've wanted to run this path in Eberron for a while and this version will be rare different than the ways I've seen it done before.

Katina Tarask

Let's hope this excitement keeps up.  Then again, using a module helps.

TheKhan

Zaer Darkwail

LN? My char is CN = chaotic neutral :P. So two members are non-evil and non-good.

TheKhan

... Stupid jet lag. I skipped a "not", which sounds much less sarcastic and makes a great deal more sense. :-\

Zaer Darkwail

Ahaa, so to edit;

Quote from: TheKhan on February 17, 2012, 06:10:26 PM
Excellent. You know you have a diverse party when LN is not the only non-Evil alignment represented. I think you will work together very well.

You meant that line then :P.

TheKhan

Actually, I meant that LN was the only non-evil alignment not represented.

:P

I have posted both the OCC and character sheet threads in Bondage: Exotic Small Groups. If you can get your character sheets posted there, the game thread proper should be up shortly.

TheKhan

Brandon

Brandon: What makes him tick? - My on's and off's - My open games thread - My Away Thread
Limits: I do not, under any circumstances play out scenes involving M/M, non-con, or toilet play

Callie Del Noire

Game Thread
Character Thread
OOC

Remember Ty has a weakness for cash, gold, stogies, and good coffee!

Genbu83

Still full? as I noticed 4 out of six slots filled. I'd be inclined to joine if there is room.

TheKhan

Still full, sorry, I got lazy towards the end. If a spot opens up I'll let you know.

Genbu83

Ironwolf85

let me know if anything opens up, I'm thinking warforged bard....
Prudence, justice, temperance, courage, faith, hope, love...
debate any other aspect of my faith these are the heavenly virtues. this flawed mortal is going to try to adhere to them.

Culture: the ability to carve an intricate and beautiful bowl from the skull of a fallen enemy.
Civilization: the ability to put that psycho in prision for killing people.

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: Ironwolf85 on February 28, 2012, 04:09:17 PM
let me know if anything opens up, I'm thinking warforged bard....

Each time someone says 'bard' and 'warforge' same sentence

TheKhan

Meh, the women are probably changelings any how :P

Zaer Darkwail

Ofc they are, sexy identical female twins are actually quite rare :P. But I myself would count having changeling GF a bigger bonus than regular GF (as then changeling could be anything you desire at the moment, assumingly she is the type who loves shapeshifting and all perks it provides).

Tagan

Well!  A pathfinder game with 3 of my favorite posters!

Let ms know if there is an opening... I have a first level monk and wizard standing by...