News:

"The Most Precious Jewel [One Shot: NC-H]"
Congratulations Mellific & Swashbuckler for completing your RP!

Main Menu

Whats in a Name??? Everything when one is online.

Started by Sherona, June 12, 2008, 12:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xillen

Quote from: Greenthorn on June 18, 2008, 03:12:22 PMso eks-illen...slower..eks-ill-en

Yeah, but then you take off the e, so it becomes ksill-en.

Sorry, Sherona, for completely derailing your thread :(

Lithos

My forum name is what I have been using from the first time I started to use IRC when first server and network kicked up. It was one of demi gods of pantheon of gods from a story and even a game that I used to like. "Lord of Soil" was what he was in that context :)

I have gotten used to it, and my online friends always associate me with it, so if there is someone here who has known me before, they know who I am.
There is no innocence, only layers upon layers of guilt
--
Wiki | O&O | A&A | Game Search

MagicalPen

I needed change, so went with my alter-ego from the Chat. A MagicalPen, that can transform into anything, write about anything, etc.

My On and Offs
When the Ink Runs Dry

Looking/Available for New Games

Paradox

I always thought it was short for MagicalPenguin.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

The Overlord

Back around c. 1990, well before internet gaming took off, the first public LAN gaming and entertainment was offered by Virtual World Entertainment, which put out Battletech and Red Planet cockpit simulators. As VWE came out of Chicago my old stomping grounds, I was there at the rise of this new gaming platform. I was a Battletech fan for some time before that, and in BT lore the Overlord-class dropship is a massive combat vessel, designed to inflict planetary scale mech warfare. Too cool to not name something after it, and I've been using it for the past 18 years.

Operation Overlord- Also known as Normandy, the greatest coastal invasion in history as the Allies smashed into the Third Reich's Atlantic Wall.

Viking overlords sent their marauders into battle in those days; a tribute to the Scandinavian blood in my veins.

Cecilia

Mine is from a Simon and Garfunkel song.....

Celia, youre breaking my heart
Youre shaking my confidence daily
Oh, cecilia, Im down on my knees
Im begging you please to come home

Celia, youre breaking my heart
Youre shaking my confidence daily
Oh, cecilia, Im down on my knees
Im begging you please to come home
Come on home

Making love in the afternoon with cecilia
Up in my bedroom (making love)
I got up to wash my face
When I come back to bed
Someones taken my place

Paradox

I love that song, but for a long time, I thought it was called "celia" and the guy was just stuttering.

"More than ever, the creation of the ridiculous is almost impossible because of the competition it receives from reality."-Robert A. Baker

Cecilia

I know what you mean...he does say "Celia" a lot in the song, but the proper title is "Cecilia".  I had to look it up, too.

Caity

I use Caity because I just think that Kate or any variation thereof is the sexiest female name ever. 
Not sure why.... just one of those things you pick up along the way.

I do really like my real name though.  :)

Le RandomBloke

Mine is far too simple really, not too long ago I decided I needed a new nickname for the interwebs. At the time I was just on a game, about to join a new server and I just thought: "I'm just some random bloke to them." and there you go. RandomBloke.

"Give me all your true hate and I’ll translate it in our bed into never seen passion."

Caity

Le RandomBloke

"Give me all your true hate and I’ll translate it in our bed into never seen passion."

Caity

Lilias

Lilias is one of the characters I created for Yahoo roleplays a couple of years ago. I'm not telling you what kind of character she was, because I don't want to be identified just with her. It's a quirky name, unlikely to be already taken by someone else, and I admit it gets me some attention to start with.
To go in the dark with a light is to know the light.
To know the dark, go dark. Go without sight,
and find that the dark, too, blooms and sings,
and is traveled by dark feet and dark wings.
~Wendell Berry

Double Os <> Double As (updated Feb 20) <> The Hoard <> 50 Tales 2024 <> The Lab <> ELLUIKI

Sabby

My name is... well, I get the guilts for taking a sleeping puppy off its couch >__< I am SO not a Sabbat...

Inkidu

Inkidu (inky-doo) I chose it because it's not widely used, so it won't have any random numbers after it.
Plus I like epic poetry. Real poetry not that free-verse junk. (It's too much like modern art XP)

Inkidu (Also spelled like I had it earlier, inkedu. This is just more phonetically correct.) was the sidekick to Gilgamesh in the Sumerian epic poem. Ready for it? The Epic of Gilgamesh
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Paradox

Trieste

Ja, only the last time I saw it spelled out, 'twas Enkidou. Threw me a bit; thought there was more to the story.

Jefepato

I'm pretty sure I was in 6th-grade Spanish class when I came up with this one.

But I still like it.

Zaer Darkwail

PLainly said Zaer Darkwail was the name of the characther in 'Elven maids vs Barbarians' game in Rpol so when game transfered here I decided use it so the small elliquiy recognized who I was. But reason why such name for characther?

Zaer sounded something evil, mean and cool. Darkwail then something emotional and dark. All suited for my dom warlock who liked use black energy tentacles wrap up elf maids and ravage them and tame to be his slaves.

But my usual online names at moment are Kazzaroth or Kazeira. Kazzaroth comes from bending 'Sephiroth' name with my FF7 game char (wanted similar name like Sephiroth but not same, then my mind came special limit break 2 category called Climhazzard or something and decided 'Kazza' sounded cool name and just added 'roth' after it). Kazeira borned from sort version of first name; Kaz. But I wanted it to be five letter word so I added 'eira' to add more words to it and 'eira' sounds more lighter and aerial than 'kazza' which sounds heavy to me.

Aiden

I usually stick to using my middle name (Angel) but "Aiden" is a character I created on a different Rp Forum. I liked it so much I started using the SN Aiden, I actually prefer to be called Aiden over Angel by my friends and family.
(I do not let them use my first name, since it is confusing, my dad has the same name and when we are both around things get confusing)

King_Furby

I just picked something familer, king_furby was my name in a guild i was part of in a FPS that i no longer play. But i honestly didn't think i would like this place so i just picked something i could remember. But i am glad i ended up likeing it here. My name is established here so i don't want to change it.

I have a silly name and i don't like to act to serious. But i do take my RPing as a serious hobby. Too bad all my games are just crawling.

King

I chose my screen name as a play on words. Seeking, and my initial and my last name together. C. King. I don't know why, but I like how it works out.

And I didn't want to go like a normally do and just go with King. It just seemed like I might come off as arrogant or cocky or something here. Didn't want that to happen.

Paradox

Oooooh.

I always thought you were referring to that old Pokemon franchise. It had a creature called "seaking".

Seeing as that's not the case, I apologize for all those times I said "fuck yeah, ceeking!"

Caehlim

Caehlim is an anagram of Michael, my name. It's an old one that I used to use on IRC chat and when I found elliquiy, out of the many psuedonyms I use it just lept into my head. It's more personal for me than a descriptor of words and I can connect to it more strongly.
My home is not a place, it is people.
View my Ons and Offs page.

View my (new)Apologies and Absences thread or my Ideas thread.