Essential International phrase

Started by Bliss, September 10, 2008, 08:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bliss

O/O ~ Wiki ~ A/A ~ Discord: Bliss#0337
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.
<3 <3 <3

Sabby

Inkidu

If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Mathim

I don't get the site's purpose. Is it where, you can enter any kind of funny phrase and it'll translate it into all those languages? Or is there even such a site? That'd be awesome if there was.
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

HairyHeretic

Seems to be taking that one joke and spinning it off. Its originally from a Monty Python sketch, the Dirty Hungarian Phrase Book, where a Hungarian is trying to buy cigarettes and is using a rather .. uniquely .. translated phrasebook. I'd say you could find the sketch on youtube easily enough, if you're not familiar with it.

It's not bad, but not one of my favourite Python moments.
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.