Oh No! That Movie Announcer Guy Died!

Started by CassandraNova, September 02, 2008, 12:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabby

In a world... where people live... and DIE.

I'm guessing the 'complications' with his lung was smoking?

Trieste

Oh no ... whoa.

I really like one of the comments down at the bottom of the article, too:
In A World Where Strong Voices Were Few and Far Between...One Man Rose...Spoke To Us...And Convinced Us to Watch Movies...One Man...One Desire...And...The VOICE...Don LaFontaine...Was...Movie Trailer Voiceover Guy....

WyldRanger

Mathim

Wait, you mean the guy who was on Mind of Mencia that one time? Or some other guy?
Considering a permanent retirement from Elliquiy, but you can find me on Blue Moon (under the same username).

The Overlord

"In a world where that crazy announcer guy kicks the bucket...."

Sorry, couldn't resist...RIP Mr. LaFontaine, the movies will be a little more sucky without you announcing them.  :-\

Inkidu

They'll have to get Pablo Fransisco now.  :-X
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Zoe Twinscythe

Man a lot of Famous people have been dying lately, this will not top the recent death of George Carlin, but it's still a shame. Who will give me a poor idea of a action movie's plot now?

Apple of Eris

Men are those creatures with two legs and eight hands.  ~Jayne Mansfield
To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, then call whatever you hit the target. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Ons/Offs
Stories I'm Seeking

Inkidu

Now who's going to sell me the obviously flawed plots of movies, like Terminator? *Tear*
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.

Zoe Twinscythe

In a world...where the old have gone

*Camera Cuts to a coffin*

In a world, where bad movies don't seem interesting anymore...

"So like, there are these robots from the future, and they are trying to kill this girl, but like a robot from the furture is like...ummm..."

"Shut up."

A new hope must rise...

"We can't go on like this, at this rate, Califonia will have to sell cheap trinket's to go on! We can';t get away with any more Romance films, but we need someone who can brainwash the mases

*Heart beat, Heart beat*

"Announcer guy, RELOADED, Starring...ME."

*Gunshots, fade to black, heart beat*

200X
---

Heh, sorry, I couldn't resist making one of these as well.

May the awesome announcer guy rest in peace.

Trieste

Quote from: Zeon Twilight on September 05, 2008, 07:16:59 PM
May the awesome announcer guy rest in peace.

Heh... and seconded... :/ I didn't even realise it was one guy who did it all until the Geico commercial came out.

Cutter

Sad. I enjoyed his inflection and movie trailers will never be the same.
I am the Dark Unspoken that dwells within, weighted by the chains of your preconceptions. Release me and I shall release you.

My On's and Off's :

https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=13915.0

Transgirlenstein

Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Red Dawn

This sucks, now so many people won't be able to here that iconic announcer voice.

Wonder if the producers will try and hire someone with a similar voice?