Recruitment: 5e D&D: The Party Tower

Started by Angie, April 18, 2024, 08:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angie

Here's the pitch: There's a wizard's tower that's sealed off in a pocket dimension, unreachable by any who aren't personally invited by the wizard himself. No one knows who gets invited, or how, and the people who do get invited can't seem to speak about it. Those who do come back tell of an incredibly opulent tower hosting a party that never stops, with some of the wildest guests, and an incredibly powerful wizard running the whole shebang. A few others say the wizard asked them to perform a "small favor" for them that ended up turning into a world saving adventure...

The wizard of the tower is powerful beyond what most mortal or even immortal wizards can manage. He could reshape entire realms inside an afternoon. However, something (or someone) equally powerful holds him back. So he turns to people with the potential to be great heroes, gives them the time of their lives, and then asks for a small favor. A delivery, or checking up on a former guest. Inevitably, the place being delivered to is under siege, the former guest is captured, or there's some complication that requires great heroics to solve before the small favor can be performed.

Now is the time for the wizard's greatest, most cunning plan: Opening his home as a base to a group with some of the greatest potential he's seen, to train them up with a series of small favors to perhaps pull off the greatest heroic deed of all...

Okay Interest has been established so now this is recruitment. I'll update this post with CC guidelines as we go, but here's the starter:
Stats: Roll 4d6, reroll 1s, drop lowest
Start at 1st level
Races: Just about anything is fine, but if it's not something from Core, Forgotten Realms, or Eberron, expect to get a lot of weird looks when out adventuring.
Classes: I'd prefer we keep to the licensed stuff but if you really really really wanna play this cool homebrew you found, send it to me so I can get a look at it. Especially if it's a class that makes its big subclass choice at level 1 or 2 (we may hit 2 really quick).
Avatar is by Lemonfont. Will remove it if he asks me to.

Come check the Cyberpunk Images Thread!

AndyZ

Definitely interested.  I have a Celestial Warlock idea that would work for this idea easily.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

HopeFox

This sounds like a lot of fun, and I'd definitely love to be in one of your games, Angie!
If you're such an iconoclast, where were you when we trashed Constantinople?

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=358012.0

Zaer Darkwail

I voice interest as well, got multiple char ideas but fill it once figure out rest of the party.

Opale

Hi Angie ! 
and Hi Zaer :)

Tempting.
What would be the smut ratio if any ? 

Zaer Darkwail

I wonder also the overall smut x story/action ratio as well. Overall nice see some familiar faces :)

Revelation

Laughing Hyena

Hello folks. I show interest in these shenanigans.

AndyZ

Quote from: Laughing Hyena on April 19, 2024, 01:37:06 PMHello folks. I show interest in these shenanigans.

That’s because our shenanigans are cheeky and fun, and Farva’s shenanigans are cruel and tragic…

…which makes them not shenanigans at all, really…

…evil shenanigans.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ixy

Would like to see how this comes together :)
Edit: wow this took a turn.  Good luck all

Angie

As far as story to smut, I'm not quite sure what balance to go for myself. Would people prefer a more laid back, smutty game with the occasional adventure, an even mix, or more fighting and dungeoning instead?

AndyZ

Quote from: Angie on April 19, 2024, 02:42:15 PMAs far as story to smut, I'm not quite sure what balance to go for myself. Would people prefer a more laid back, smutty game with the occasional adventure, an even mix, or more fighting and dungeoning instead?

My suggestion is to have a decent amount of both in different points in time.  We can have a serious dungeon crawl while we're finishing the smut in a side thread.

pdragon

How are you doing starting stats? Point buy or can we roll for funsies? 
What a thrill...with silence and darkness through the night....

Request Thread

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: pdragon on April 19, 2024, 03:04:56 PMHow are you doing starting stats? Point buy or can we roll for funsies?
Rolling could be fun, I myself favor either 4d6 (drop lowest) eight or 6+2d6 six times (maybe twice and choose between two set lines).

Quote from: Angie on April 19, 2024, 02:42:15 PMAs far as story to smut, I'm not quite sure what balance to go for myself. Would people prefer a more laid back, smutty game with the occasional adventure, an even mix, or more fighting and dungeoning instead?
On my end, I like a mix of both, sometimes comedic smut elements invade adventure itself.

Angie

I've always been a fan of roll 4d6, reroll 1s, drop lowest. I like a slightly higher power curve to my heroes. 

There is certainly not going to be a lack of smut. The tower's interesting guests come from all corners of many realms, so if you really really really REALLY want to play a Simic Hybrid we can work with that. And it also means there's a lot of beautiful people coming to the party. 

yutohase

I'd like to also throw in my interest! Hopefully we're not all full already.

AndyZ

Zaer Darkwail

Quote from: AndyZ on April 19, 2024, 04:52:32 PMWhere do you want us to roll?
I found an online D&D Character Roller which appears to allow linking then roll and name what character you roll. Example (need copy character link). It shows how many 'characthers' have been rolled (so if you spamming it shows). Also has DnD dice roller by itself as well.

Laughing Hyena

You have no idea how much I wanna hug you right now for sharing that dice roller! Thank you Zaer!

Laughing Hyena

16, 15, 14, 11, 10, 9

Let's test this. Edit: It works!

Edit 2: Ones rerolled. Cannot seem to link that role sadly. Seems it will only do the sheet.

3, 3, 6, 3, 5, 1

Results going left to right, top to bottom.

16, 15, 15, 15, 15, 9

Pretty good rolls but I have no problems sticking with what I rolled already.

Geeklet

This might be a good place to throw the bard idea ive had rolling around in the back of my head.

Chulanowa

Zaer Darkwail

Indeed it does, now, I do not know what I play or what my character is called. But using my Elliquiy user name my stats are; These (9, 13, 14, 14, 15, 15)

CurvyKitten

Hello umm I sheepishly dip my toe back into E and raise my hand. And these are my stats 9, 11, 12, 13, 15, 17

Captain America

I'd be down for a game that you know...runs. :D
Skype Captain America (captainamerica_@Hotmail.com)

Feel free to pester me.