Hunger Games

Started by Queen Elsa, June 08, 2012, 10:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akelah

Okay so the flower dresses for the interview?

Queen Elsa

No, the leaf dresses for the interview. Remember? We were talking about the chariots first.

Akelah

I'm so sorry! That was a really big misread. Yeah got it. Okay are we having them wear shoes with the Eve dresses or not?

Queen Elsa

Hmmmm... I would say no. It fits with the whole theme.

Akelah

Got it. Okay want to work on the arena, the other characters or in depth?

Queen Elsa

Let's try in depth. See how that goes.

Akelah

Here's a basic Layout:
Character Name:
Hair:
Eyes:
Physical build:
Scars:
Personality:
Beliefs:
Most important memory:
Closest relation:
Habits:

There might be more but let's work with this for now... We already have most of the physical appearance out. So now to fill in the rest. Who are there closest relations?

Queen Elsa

Tally: Father. He taught we to fight, and is responsible for her physical strength.

I dunno. That kinda popped into my head. What do you think?

Akelah

Love it : ) and I think for Ally it should be her grandmother. Providing her with love of books, modesty, politeness and gentleness.

Queen Elsa

Dude, don't take this the wrong way, but I love you! You're brilliant! :)

Akelah

Hahah don't worry I don't take stuff like that wrong unless...well, circumstances have to be presented. Anyways. Glad you like it. Okay I think Aya should only have her grandma ...let's see... lost her mom and little brother to a severe sickness (keep in mind these are random ideas, feel free to deny them and/or add things to them) and dad...well you choose what happened there.

Queen Elsa

I thin dad and sister to a severe sickness, and mother because she was trying to rebel against the Capitol.

Akelah

Okay sounds good. But maybe we should keep it hidden and kind of have it hinted at by the grandma and then she finds evidence with people in the capital and her mothers diary??

Queen Elsa

*Laughs and hugs you* Lookit you! Being all brilliant! Coming up with amazing ideas!

Akelah

*scratches  back of head* hahah thanks  :D I just thought it would be good for her character development and push her into defying the capitol.

Queen Elsa

Now what about Tally's family? Should it be a normal family? I'm thinking it might increase the tension between the two girls.

Akelah

Good idea. Yes, I think she should have a normal family but have a bitterness between them so she 'takes her family for granted' in Aya's eyes and is also a spoiled brat to her.

Queen Elsa

^_^ Also, with Aya's grandmother, we could make her be in her 90s, so she could have been in her teens when the war was going on. So she could tell stories to Aya.

Akelah

Great added detail! Now I think that Aya should be better off financially because of her factory job which creates another tension between them because they didn't accept Tally in the factories

Queen Elsa

Eh... I mean, a job in the factory won't really pay much more. Remember, all districts other than 1-4 are poor as dirt pretty much.

Akelah

Uh. Sorry. I don't know what could make her better off then. Hey I might abruptly leave because I have to do something, but I'll be back in like an hour if that happens. Not sure when it's going to happen just soon.

Queen Elsa

She could make Objects for people, and sell them. Like a toaster from scratch or something.

And lol. By the time you get back, I'll be asleep.

Akelah

Excellent idea. Oh well that works out peculiarly. When I leave if I don't have time to say it: Night Naru!

Anyways, onto other things. I think they both should be loners, but different types. Like Tally because she's hostile and awkward around others and Aya because she prefers books to human contact, is naturally quiet and her level of genius separates her from people.

Queen Elsa

Same here: Night Akel!

And I totally agree with you. That's perfect.

Now, what about their beliefs?

Akelah

Well towards the Capitol Tally should have natural dislike for the authority and I guess Aya should have a reluctant intellectual outlook that they weren't so bad. Until she learns about her mother.