News:

"Wings and a Prayer [L-E]"
Congratulations OfferedToEros & Random for completing your RP!

Main Menu

A pleasure cruise (interest check)

Started by justme4386, April 13, 2015, 06:39:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justme4386

I had this idea after reading some old post of mine in a game called "Paradise Camp" which I greatly enjoyed.

Imagine a luxury cruise ship (something like this) that's filled with hedonistic people who got here for just one purpose: cruise in international waters where everything and everyone is allowed.

Only rules:

• No clothes allowed what so ever while aboard. There are actually small rooms right next to gangway for getting naked or dressed.
  • Bending over is a "free for all" sign - no matter who does it (exception below).
  • Passengers under the age of 18 must provide a signed waiver by their legal custodian before checking in.
  • There are no cabin assignments. Either you find your own bunk buddy or enter the cabin lottery where anyone may get drawn to bunk with anyone
  • Only consumption of provided substances is allowed with the exception of medicine. However it should be noted that soft drugs, like alcohol, grass and some sexual performance enhancing substances are available though regulated.
  • Don't interfere with the operation of the ship. So no fucking against the steering wheel or stuff like that.
  • Crew is off limits if they wear a red choker (which they must while on duty).
  • While it's not strictly forbidden to have sex with people against their will, it's considered bad karma and might lead to retaliation...

As you can tell from these rules it's a very SLGBTI friendly cruise, actively enticing encounters between same and different gender. ;)

About the game:
I don't want to run a huge game. I am looking for three to five people who want to join.

I'd prefer post sizes of 2-3 paragraphs (100-300 words) at a rate of about 1 a week. If you can't for some reason, please let people know in the OOC, I know everyone hits a drought or real life will need attention - that's normal. We just need to talk about how we are going to handle it - like are we going to continue time for others and let that scene finish some other time, or so. I could even imagine that if someone just can't get around to finding the right words that person could just paraphrase what their character will do and another one filling in the post... kind of like consensual god-modding ;) only if comfy with it of course - but I'd not be against doing that. Of course this would have to happen in the OOC thread (not PMs) to prevent unwanted god-modding - unless there's a surprise planned for some players... then of course PM with GMs in CC are OK.

First and foremost I'd like to keep the game flowing and prevent somebody from stalling the game.

Oh and I think I don't need to mention that this is pretty damn far up on the smut scale - like an 7 to 9... ;)

Ok, that's the braindump so far. Please let me know what you think and if you have ideas of how to keep the game from failing within two month, I'd be happy to hear them. ;)

EDIT pulled up from below post so everyone interested please answer!
OK, poll time folks:
Please quickly answer the following:

• state if you would want to try "creative writing" or "regular roleplay" or "not at all, because...". The last one just being a favor to Me to know if just the scenario is crap or what... ;)
  • state how often you feel comfortable to post - this is kind of the commitment you want to make at a minimum (if you post more than stated, nobody will complain).
  • state if you'd want to play crew or guest and the preferred gender, maybe general age group. No specific characters yet! I'm still having some thought about those and that might have an effect on the character generation process... ;)
  • state what kind of scenes you would be most interested in playing. Like Ether seems kind of hooked on the non-con, but it'd suck if she's the only one on the whole ship wanting to play NC. Likewise if the whole cruise will end up wanting bondage, someone else might have to GM it, because that's really not my cup of tea. ;)
  • state if you would feel up to co-GMing. Regular tasks would be answering questions, coming up with events to entertain the guests and running these events if necessary (or at least support me when running them) and occasionally slipping into crew NPCs to support players in-game. Please note that Co-GMs will need to spend considerable time with these duties and will therefore probably spend less time playing their character - but the more co-GMs we get the more time we all have for our chars ;D.
  • add anything you would like to know about the scenario and/or the game.
A word of advice: Don't take me serious - unless I am. And you will know when I am!

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

MasterOfMyFate

"Arrows through your heart."
Master ON/OFF

1SAZ

Curious and interested. Kinda interested in seeing how this plays out.

CeruleanSerenity

This sounds like it could be fun... I'm not sure I understand exactly how you envision the collaborative writing to play out, but I would be interested in seeing.

justme4386

Quote from: CeruleanSerenity on April 13, 2015, 02:33:36 PM
This sounds like it could be fun... I'm not sure I understand exactly how you envision the collaborative writing to play out, but I would be interested in seeing.
I know what you mean. I feel the same way.

Here's some background on the thought. I got my paws on what's called a writer's guide to a franchise of books written by a slew of authors. To ensure they all stay more or less canonical and not mess up major iconic characters, there are certain rules clearly written out what those characters will never do, may do, will always do - combined with some background info about them that's not normally in any book yet. It's just something of a reference to writers.

Also there's stuff in there about what makes the stories unique, like the rule of "add one to reveal one" telling authors to add a secret about the particular universe if they reveal another. That way the readers always have something to marvel and speculate about - the universe will never cease to grow.... stuff like this.

So what I really would love to try is get together a group of dedicated writers and first put together and agree on some simple rules and characters that will take part in the story. There will probably have to be some kind of a red line of a story in there that we will agree on. We will then write scenes much like we are used to from regular roleplays - each playing one character in a nib and tuck kind of back and forth - but when the scene ends, you don't have to stick with that same character (unless you want to). Rather the characters go into a pool and as we further the story may get pulled back into action by any writer... but that writer will have to stick to the initial rules made up for the character - and further them on their character journey if one is defined.

Did that make it a little more understandable what I mean? Feel free to ask questions, as I really don't have a 100% set opinion on how it should work... I'm kinda brainstorming here.

If you think this is a bullcrap system, please tell me and if there is enough thinking so, I will drop this system and check for interest in playing it the regular way - one char per person and such... :)

Love,
Me
A word of advice: Don't take me serious - unless I am. And you will know when I am!

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

CeruleanSerenity

Oh, that makes more sense now, and I don't think it's a bad system. I do worry it wouldn't work well for an RP like this... it sounds like it might require tighter control over story and progression, while most freeform group RPs I have seen tend to be pretty loose about who does what, where, and when. But maybe that wouldn't be the case.

I also worry I wouldn't be comfortable using the characters of others... but that is just me, so that's not so much of a problem. I just tend to be nervous about that sort of thing, even with permission, but I wouldn't mind if other players used mine.

Etherealgirl

Sounds interesting. :) Especially the non-con

justme4386

Quote from: CeruleanSerenity on April 14, 2015, 10:56:16 AM
I also worry I wouldn't be comfortable using the characters of others... but that is just me, so that's not so much of a problem. I just tend to be nervous about that sort of thing, even with permission, but I wouldn't mind if other players used mine.
Which would be perfectly fine to just use your characters. I think some of that apprehension might be coming from not really knowing where the other person wants to take their character or what the character may or may not do. But the idea is not to try and recreate the characters actions through second guessing but having decent guidelines to work from. I must say: I never used this system, but know it's used in professional environments where many authors work on one piece of universe.

Quote from: CeruleanSerenity on April 14, 2015, 10:56:16 AM
Oh, that makes more sense now, and I don't think it's a bad system. I do worry it wouldn't work well for an RP like this... it sounds like it might require tighter control over story and progression, while most freeform group RPs I have seen tend to be pretty loose about who does what, where, and when. But maybe that wouldn't be the case.
Yes, after posting this I have been thinking that really this is two posts mashed together. One about finding people to work out this "co-writing" system and to try a first example to refine the idea (or ditch it if it fails... which I half expect) and the other about the game of the hedonistic group on a luxury yacht.

However I am hesitant to play this with a larger group as I find that with three to four people every one feels more obligated to post for the others than if you have a huge group with free flowing time. Some people - like me - have a tendency to not be as harsh on themselves to cook up an answer - because there are others to entertain the rest. But once the circle of people is small enough that everyone is playing with everyone I feel the peer-pressure doing wondrous things to the steadiness of contribution.

Again, hopelessly generalized... and not meant to offend anyone or fingerpoint or anything... except towards Me... because I am guilty as charged.  :-[ *hangs head low in shame.

OK, poll time folks:

• state if you would want to try "creative writing" or "regular roleplay" or "not at all, because...". The last one just being a favor to Me to know if just the scenario is crap or what... ;)
  • state how often you feel comfortable to post - this is kind of the commitment you want to make at a minimum (if you post more than stated, nobody will complain).
  • state if you'd want to play crew or guest and the preferred gender, maybe general age group. No specific characters yet! I'm still having some thought about those and that might have an effect on the character generation process... ;)
  • state what kind of scenes you would be most interested in playing. Like Ether seems kind of hooked on the non-con, but it'd suck if she's the only one on the whole ship wanting to play NC. Likewise if the whole cruise will end up wanting bondage, someone else might have to GM it, because that's really not my cup of tea. ;)
  • state if you would feel up to co-GMing. Regular tasks would be answering questions, coming up with events to entertain the guests and running these events if necessary (or at least support me when running them) and occasionally slipping into crew NPCs to support players in-game. Please note that Co-GMs will need to spend considerable time with these duties and will therefore probably spend less time playing their character - but the more co-GMs we get the more time we all have for our chars ;D.

Thanks,
Me

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Etherealgirl

1. I'm up for just your normal roleplay.
2. I cam post multiple times a day, except hardly ever on weekends.
3. I would like to play a guest or crew. I can play 2 characters at max. Female generally.
4. Scenes I would love to play are non-con, or rough play. See my Ons and Offs. :D
5. I've never Co-GMed before, but would gladly help if I could.

CeruleanSerenity

1. I lean towards regular roleplay, but your creative writing idea sounds interesting, so I wouldn't say no towards that.
2. The most often I feel comfortable I could post is twice a week. Ideally I will post more often, but there are times I can't manage to write, so I can't promise daily posts.
3. I would like to play a female guest, probably around 20... but I'm fine with playing multiple characters, so age and role on the ship could change.
4. Group sex and public sex both interest me, but aren't mandatory (though the latter is pretty much a given in this setting, I think). I'm not generally into NC or heavy bondage.
5. I'm not confident in my ability to Co-GM. I'm willing to help with the RP where I can, but I don't think I would do well in a dedicated GM role.
6. Nothing comes to mind at the moment.

whtbitch4u2own

~White~
Offsite Contact info:
Gmail: jenwishuknew
Discord: jenwishuknew#6959

azzmeister89

Haha this sounds like fun plus I think I have evened the male to female ratio.

Chreestafer

Definitely interested in this idea :)
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

justme4386

Edited the survey into the first post - so please everyone fill that out. If you don't I won't consider your interest to be genuine.

Those two who have filled out so far haven been noted and got a spot on my shortlist.  :-*

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

Chreestafer

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

whtbitch4u2own

1.   I’d have to go with regular play for this one.
2.   I’ll try and post once a week and more should time permits. So usually about at least two posts a week on average.
3.   Preferred Gender: Female. Age group: 20s to upper 30s. If playing only one character then I would pick guest. Maybe a crew member if I am going to play more than one character but it depends on how much time I have and how well this game picks up.
4.   Non-con and con both are fine with me. I am more interested in reluctant characters.
5.   I won’t have time to co-GM and also I have never so I rather not until I have proper time.
6.   Will let you know if something comes to my mind.
~White~
Offsite Contact info:
Gmail: jenwishuknew
Discord: jenwishuknew#6959

King Serperior

I could be interested, but I am not 100% sure I quite have the time if this turns out to be a fast-paced game.
Quote from: justme4386 on April 14, 2015, 01:32:59 PM
OK, poll time folks:

It depends on what you mean specifically with these options.  I would prefer I write like I would in any RP.
I am very much a slow writer.  So, about 1-2 weeks is my usual, depending.  I have other games and RL things to do and sometimes my muse just doesn't want to function for some games over others.
I am thinking a guest of any gender.
Personally, anything is open for any character I may make except for a select few things. 

Thanks,
Me
Unfortunately, I am GMing a couple of games myself, so there isn't a major chance that I would be able to help GM the game. 

That said, I will keep an eye on the game for the moment.

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

justme4386

Hey King, somehow I knew you'd perk on this setting... somehow... ;)

Would love to welcome you aboard.
Quote from: King Serperior on April 14, 2015, 04:19:28 PM
It depends on what you mean specifically with these options.  I would prefer I write like I would in any RP.
I explained the idea of the "co-writing" in a few posts above - but it seems kind of voted down, which I am not surprised about. However, I think I will take that idea to discuss in some other thread on another board and see if I can get some people to buy into it and try it out... ;)

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

King Serperior

Alright, well, I'll keep an eye out on what happens here.  It may turn out that I won't be able to join.  It may turn out that I can.  I'll just see who else joins in and what else is decided.

EDIT:  I just double checked my current games and I think that, as much as I would like to join, I cannot.  I fear that this would be the straw on the camels back.  :/

I do wish you all luck though.  I know you can make an awesome game, Me.   :-)

O/O's
A/A'sMonster Girl Palace
SFW Image Ideas for Scifi, Fantasy, Horror, and Steampunk Games! | My various characters, if you are curious! | I am a Rainbow Writer!
Post Rate: 1 post per game every 1-4 weeks on average  ||| I encourage any and all random PMs.

MelisaArtemis

Definitely interested. I have a bit of question though: If my character is on all four (out of habit or whatever)... but she's a lesbian, how does that work?

justme4386

well, initial idea is that if characters are on all fours so that someone can take them from behind, they are free to do so. I have thought of putting in a "color coding" to show that some may only want certain partners... but I'm not convinced it'll be cool. There are max 30 guests and it's supposed to be everyone does everyone. Depending on how many people would feel that it'd help the scenario if there was some kind of system to express wishes, I might let myself get convinced.

But in the original game that this is inspired by there was no such rule... and I must admit that I enjoyed what happened to my char because of that. *blushing*

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

MelisaArtemis

Quote from: justme4386 on April 15, 2015, 04:41:20 AM
well, initial idea is that if characters are on all fours so that someone can take them from behind, they are free to do so. I have thought of putting in a "color coding" to show that some may only want certain partners... but I'm not convinced it'll be cool. There are max 30 guests and it's supposed to be everyone does everyone. Depending on how many people would feel that it'd help the scenario if there was some kind of system to express wishes, I might let myself get convinced.

But in the original game that this is inspired by there was no such rule... and I must admit that I enjoyed what happened to my char because of that. *blushing*

I like the idea of color coding actually... because it makes it easier to fit with each other's O/O but that's just me (Oh the irony :'D). I'm just asking because I tend to prefer my character to do "it" with females :'D but... o well. Whatever you decide, this game seem pretty cool, either way, I'll most likely be on board :P

justme4386

Quote from: MelisaArtemis on April 15, 2015, 04:46:15 AM
I like the idea of color coding actually... because it makes it easier to fit with each other's O/O but that's just me (Oh the irony :'D).
You're welcome to suggest a good coding. ;)

As with the crew I was thinking about chokers. They are pretty hard to overlook.

However I had ditched that idea because I thought of the lottery system for the cabins and thought a "free-for-all" environment where you have no idea what the person sleeping in your bed might want to do would be fun. ;) However I was thinking of allowing room trading - so if you meet someone you want to actually spend the night with, you get to entice your and their roommate to switch assignments...

Coming to think of it... depending on the coding system that might still work. You find out that your roommate for the night isn't into girls, you're free to trade... or not if you really want to get some sleep (which you will need) :)

Love,
Me

ONs and OFFs
updated March 30th 2019
Apologies and Absences
updated April 19th 2019

ElvenKitten

MelisaArtemis

Quote from: justme4386 on April 15, 2015, 06:15:37 AM
You're welcome to suggest a good coding. ;)

As with the crew I was thinking about chokers. They are pretty hard to overlook.

However I had ditched that idea because I thought of the lottery system for the cabins and thought a "free-for-all" environment where you have no idea what the person sleeping in your bed might want to do would be fun. ;) However I was thinking of allowing room trading - so if you meet someone you want to actually spend the night with, you get to entice your and their roommate to switch assignments...

Coming to think of it... depending on the coding system that might still work. You find out that your roommate for the night isn't into girls, you're free to trade... or not if you really want to get some sleep (which you will need) :)

Love,
Me

Ah. I think choker works great. Like... black for hetero, white for homo, grey if they swing both way. Its simple enough :) and it doesn't have to be a choker, it can be a bracelet or even a ribbon tie.

well... you said you're just looking for 5 people for the RP so I assume there are NPC guests too? Or is it a private cruise of 5?