News:

Main Menu

Video Game Question

Started by Fool Heart, November 10, 2009, 11:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fool Heart

Does anyone one know anything about game emulators? Gameboy Advance emulators to be precise. I have one that I just downloaded today, along with several ROMs. The ROMs work and everything, but it won't let me save. When I try to save, it tells me that the save has failed. The game I was trying to play was Pokemon: Emerald, if it matters. Hey, don't laugh! I liked those games when I was a kid. They have nostalgic value now!
Eyes like a forest in collage, swirling and shining. The intensity; lingering on my skin like glitter. The frantic wings beat within my ribs. Poor things, I know not how to free them. But still, I wander the paths I find weaving in His eyes. Never to emerge, for I left no breadcrumbs by which to flee.

Ons & Offs & Games
Apologies & Absences
Current Roleplay Quota:    9/10

PhantomPistoleer

Typically, roms behave much differently than the actual games and you don't actually save in regular game files, but instead, you save "instances" of the game.  Find out how to access the emulator's menu midgame, and you should find an option to save instances.

This allows you to save at any point in the game.
Always seeking 5E games.
O/O

Cold Heritage

The specific emulator you use probably matters more than the ROM itself. Used to anyway, when I was into emulating SNES stuff.
Thank you, fellow Elliquiyan, and have a wonderful day.

Jude

no$gameboy is probably the best GBA emulator.

Fool Heart

Oh, well, I actually have VisualBoy Advance. Did I get the wrong one? I would pick the crappy one... Now, I couldn't find anything in the menu about "instances." Would it call it something else? Mine says "Save Game". Is this it? It hasn't worked whenever I try to load to from the "Load Game" option. Am I just missing something here?
Eyes like a forest in collage, swirling and shining. The intensity; lingering on my skin like glitter. The frantic wings beat within my ribs. Poor things, I know not how to free them. But still, I wander the paths I find weaving in His eyes. Never to emerge, for I left no breadcrumbs by which to flee.

Ons & Offs & Games
Apologies & Absences

SleepyWei

I recommend no$gameboy simply because they have made the most solid releases so far. Their emulator doesn't really crash or anything while the others do at times. Not saying that VisualBoy is bad as I've never tried it.

Fool Heart

Dude!  jusr downloaded no$gba! WAAAAAAAAYYYYY better! Like hamburger vs. steak better! And it lets me save the same way the actually GBA would! Yay!!!

Ons & Offs & Games
Apologies & Absences

Rhapsody

I used no$gba when I used emus to play old Nintendo games.  It worked pretty solidly for me.

Quote from: Fool Heart on November 10, 2009, 11:32:14 PM
The game I was trying to play was Pokemon: Emerald, if it matters. Hey, don't laugh! I liked those games when I was a kid. They have nostalgic value now!

I bought a DSi just so I could play Pokemon Diamond.  You are not alone.

|| Games I Play||
Not Available for RP
|| O&O || Requests ||  A&A ||
Current Posting Speed: 1-2 times per week

Come to me, just in a dream. Come on and rescue me.
Yes, I know. I can be wrong. Maybe I'm too headstrong.

Inkidu

Quote from: Fool Heart on November 11, 2009, 12:13:10 AM
Oh, well, I actually have VisualBoy Advance. Did I get the wrong one? I would pick the crappy one... Now, I couldn't find anything in the menu about "instances." Would it call it something else? Mine says "Save Game". Is this it? It hasn't worked whenever I try to load to from the "Load Game" option. Am I just missing something here?
Actually I can help you. I have Visualboy and I like it better than No$.

Pokemon games have a peculiar bit about them. Most other games will save in-game but pokemon games have to have a saved state.

To do this click file, and click save game and save the game. I have a special folder set up just for emulator saves so you might want to do that but it's very simple.
If you're searching the lines for a point, well you've probably missed it; there was never anything there in the first place.