My fantasy dragon themed idea

Started by playfullchick76, January 23, 2009, 06:23:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

playfullchick76

This is one i played in the old yahoo roleplay rooms, and ive just thought of it again today.

For over a thousand years, dragons where accepted by the peoples of Armengar, a land that stretched for a continent. Our wisdom was accepted by both the common folk, and nobles, as well as even royalty. We shared our wisdom, mediated in conflicts, used our magic to heal, whatever we had to.

Humans served us willingly, and repaid our help with food, service, and gold, which we hoarded. Such help would one day be our undoing. A new king in the eastern lands resented our influence and riches, and gathered an army. He managed  to talk the common people and nobles into beleiving that we were a threat to humanity, and the majority joined his army.
Not everyone did, but those that didnt learned to keep their conflicting opinions to themselves, or be lynched.
His first attacks on dragons came as a surprise, we didnt beleive that humans would really attack us, yet it was confirmed later on.

Our choices were simple, kill the king and his army, or flee. The king was the ruler, and had authority. We debated what do to at a special council. Some were opting to fight this army, while others were in favor of flying to lands where no human would ever find us.

The council deliberated for over a week before the majority decided to fly to lands out of the range of man. The ones who disagreed were forbidden to fight this army, but werent ordered to leave. I was one that didnt want to leave. I was young by the standards of my race, only 500 years of age. My scales were a brilliant green, which always caught the attention of male dragons during our mating season.

I wouldnt flee, but i wouldnt kill those that i had sworn to protect. So i took human form, we could do that, a skill that only the most trusted of helpers were aware of, and travelled to the lands of the elves for sanctuary. I took with me some of my own riches, and sealed  the entrance to my cave, to keep out anyone who  came looking for me there would find nothing.

200 years passed, and the kings lineage continued. By the time the people learned the truth about the real reason for the kings crusade against our kind, our wealth, it was too late. His men kept order and killed any who resisted. Many wanted us back, but our caves were either empty, or sealed.

The descendants of those that supported us kept the truth alive, and hoped that dragons would return.  I continued to live with the elves, with my new cave, and a waterfall to bathe in. I kept to the company of elves who came to visit, and worried about the people that i once cared about.

If this one appeals to you, you could play a warrior, who heard rumors that one dragon refused to leave, and lives on elvish lands,to find me and request my help. male or female, either is ok. Or maybe a mage, male or female, who seeks me out.

The elves wouldnt let humans in, so you woudl have to infiltrate elvish lands to get to me, and even then, you would have no way to tell if i would help you, after all, many dragons were killed by the advancing army, and we have long memories.

Chevalier des Poissons

Nice! I liked that idea. I have and idea for a human mage character. If you wish, I can pm you or post it here.
-I have Maro's heart, and I promise to take good care of it-

A & A

playfullchick76

Excellent, so tell me about your mage character.and what ideas you have for this rp.

Chevalier des Poissons

Well, my mage character isn´t actually that bad. He grew up in his life, and in the mage school he was into, hearing stories about the dragons, and how they used to serve the population. He heard then legends about a big and powerful mage who tamed a dragon, so mu character decides to look for a dragon to force him to be his servant.

In the story, when he finds your character, he plays the helpless human, and keeps trying to manipulate your character. My idea is: he manipulates your character in order to 'tame' the dragon and be a legend, and suceeds. But as he gets to know her better he actually feels sorry for what he did, and goes to rescue her from a situation he put her into. Now he will deal with this and with her. I was thinking of adding the twist of letting your character know what he did. There are many options to explore in this story, if you like my idea, of course.

A & A

playfullchick76

I dont know about being tamed and enslaved, thats not quite what i pictured, to be honest. but the basic mage character, i do like that.

Chevalier des Poissons

Let me explain further: He will TRY to tame, in a non-sexual style, seeing the dragon like a dog or something. The character intends to manipulate the dragon character to make her do things like protect his city in his name, take out his enemies like they were villains, and stuff like those. Then, he will put your character in a confusion, causing her to be hunted and despised. That´s were he will regret and try to fix things.

If you don´t like that, we can think something out.

A & A

playfullchick76

It sounds darker than what i thought up, to be honest. i dont like ones that are too dark. I could try, but, i woudlnt feel right about it. I dont want to lie to you or mislead you.

Chevalier des Poissons

Oh. Well, then, we can try another thing. I will come up with another idea and will post it here then.

A & A

playfullchick76

Chevalier des Poissons

Sorry for the delay =X

Here is my new idea, based on the same magic character:

He believes in the idea that dragons were evil creatures. He loved to know that dragons started being hunted. He wouldn´t kill one in person, his hate is not enough. But his order tells him to find your character as a dragon, so he could send her away. He finds her, but he does nothing yet. Instead, in his point of view, you would act like someone to be despised.

Here I had an extra idea:

He would try to scare you away, but now his city needs the help of a dragon, and he is forced to ask for your help. I thought: He would know you both in dragon and human forms, but he wouldn´t know that the both are the same. He could hate the dragon, but start liking the 'human' one. During the RP, he could learn to like that dragon as he could find out that the both girl and creature are one, and started feeling guilty for unfairly disliking her.

We could add some more things like he treating her like a jerk, cursing her (no humiliation, it would be like arguing), treating her like she was an idiot, and he would treat her in human form completely in opposition, you know.

This is a light thing know, and have several other options for us to explore. Of course, if you like the idea.

A & A

Cedrick

Hi, your post struck a spark with me and I would be interested in giving it a try.

Here is my idea. The king hates all things non-human and has learned about the elves but not where they are located. So he hires my character, a mage to find the elves and direct his army against them. My mage however has other ideas. Since he draws power from magical creatures, he wishes to preserve the elves. His eventual goal would be to dethrone the king and become ruler himself using the new power drawn from the elves to make himself the top mage. The problem though is that there are not enough elves to defeat the king so he is caught in a bind.

The king is becoming suspicious that his mage is not being successful in finding the main settlement of the elves and those that are found 'somehow' escape before his army can trap them.

Some of the elves come to you, explaining the situation and telling you some bad news. The mage has discovered old books that speak of dragons once being here and that not all have left. He is now searching for your character. The elves are divided on how much they trust my character since the mage is playing a double edge game with the king. If the mage is successful will the kingdom only change one tyrant for another is what they are worried about. They want your character to meet with him and they will accept your judgment. A dragon on the side of the elves aided by a powerful mage might defeat the army of the king.

So the question now becomes does your character arrange to meet the mage somewhere on elf land in dragon form or does she slip into the town below the castle in her human form to see what she can learn of the mage that way. Or perhaps you have another option?

If this interests you, let me know and we can work out more detail to bring the tale alive.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away

<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=62526.msg2810491#msg2810491
<a href=" https://elliquiy.com/forums">
Cedrick Please Read

playfullchick76

I like that idea cedrick, i like that idea a lot.I have other dragon ones going,but your the first to offer a new angle to it. I like it a lot.

Perhaps my character takes human form and infiltrates the human lands, reaching the central city to learn about the mage.Older dragons who took human form look indistinguishable from any other human, but as im younger, i havnt quite perfected it.

The three things that give me away would be a greenish tinge to my nails, greener eyes, and a line of green scales running from the nape of my neck down to the base of my spine

Cedrick

That sounds good to me Playfull  :D

Why don't we start the tale with your character and background since it logically come first to introduce the setting. I'll build off that with my character background and the cat and mouse game he is engaged in with the king.

Then we can go from there, perhaps picking up with your character slipping into the city.

If that sounds fine with you we can get started.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breaths away

<a href="https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=62526.msg2810491#msg2810491
<a href=" https://elliquiy.com/forums">
Cedrick Please Read

playfullchick76

ok, i can do that, that definately works.