WH40K: Tau - The Last Stand

Started by Primarch, July 05, 2012, 10:25:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Primarch

Tau - The Last Stand

It is the year 998.M41 and there is only war!

The Tau world of Fel'Dras sits on the edge of Tau space and has come under attack by the brutal Imperium of Man. The invasion was sudden, the attacks were both ferocious & tenacious, the strategies unusually subtle. The world is falling, reinforcements are cut off by the Imperial Navy which even now obliterates the Tau fleet. It is the only thing stopping them from bombarding what little resistance remains.  Only a handful of cities can still fight, chief among them is Fel'Dras city, the shining capital of the world. Its walls are high and thick, its soldiers dedicated and true to the Greater Good.

In Tau - The Last Stand you players shall take on the defenders of Fel'Dras city, the game itself will be basically freeform from your point of view. I'll be GMing the game and plan to use an episode/changing days format to keep things moving. Preparations for the next wave of attack will be the only time something system really comes into it, and that will be a dice roll on my end, entirely invisible to you. There will be some supplies to keep an eye on, to add atmosphere and threat in a siege game. One thing to keep in mind in this game, you will lose eventually. This game will not see reinforcements arrive and the day will be saved, this is about lasting as long as you can and making the Imperium of Man pay in blood for every inch they take. Every day that passes in the game, troops numbers on your side will be reduced. Ammo, water, fuel & medical equipment will be reduced, defenses will be destroyed, parts of the city will be lost. You will fall back, again and again and again. Eventually, you will die. (~In the event your character is killed, you are free to take up an Imperial character and join the invaders~!) 

You are free to play as almost any part of Tau military, from a Shas'O or Ethereal to a Kroot or Fire Warrior. You may play as an Independant character or a squad leader (and NPC your own squad). You will hold council meetings in between waves of attack to prepare the defenses and move around the remainder of the army (I will put RL time restrains on these meetings to keep things moving) and offer you decisions to make that will affect the city such as "Turrets at the Port have been damaged, repair will take 3 hours, but the AA canons defending the main road all supplies rely on are also down, repair will take 5 hours. You only have time to make full repair on one." Decisions of a very different nature will come up too, regardless it'll be up to you to agree on what happens. You will make an action and I'll tell you how it succeeds or fails and sometimes you'll come under fire yourself....the question is which time will be the last? (~I won't be killing off anyone particularly quickly, but it will eventually be a very real threat in the game~)

So before I get character sheets up, any questions? and who's interested~

Primarch

Where are all the 40k fans D:<
I know you're out there!

BenedictWolfe

I love 40k, but I'm not just feeling this one. I guess the fact that the players aren't one unit but rather get to play as widely separated roles, feels like it would impede the interactivity. Also, while I like the Tau, I'm not terribly interested in portraying one (especially since precious little is known about their personalities and day to day lives).

I am, of course, only speaking for myself and I do so only because you asked where us 40k players where at. As always I wish you the very best of luck with this endeavour.

Primarch

Well the game is rather inspired by the "Hellsreach" novel, about Grimaldus.

I rather expect that characters will be in communicator contact while on the defense, if not shoulder to shoulder holding back the enemy and that's when they're not in meetings to organize a defense, so I wouldn't think interactivity would be a problem and it would likely increase as the game goes on, with the zone of defense shrinking as the enemy takes ground.

BruceTheCat

I would love to participate in this!
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000

Primarch

ChaoticSky

Montagne

tentatively considering, gonna wait to see what happens to this before deciding though.

Primarch

Certainly. A group of four would be good players and myself running it would be a nice start.

Does anybody have idea's on what type of unit/squad they might be interested in portraying for this siege?

BruceTheCat

I need to do some research first to figure out that question, but what I do know is that I'd rather be the commander of a unti rather than an individual soldier. At least until my entire squad is killed and I make my last stand.
“Also I've seen that movie, if they're any similar to it, then those guns do not fuck around, please take cover“
- scribus1000