Interest check: The Levantine Kingdom

Started by Silk, December 19, 2009, 12:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soren

Quote from: AthenaNude on December 24, 2009, 04:42:47 PM
Oh?  You already got that she is actually an ancient red dragon transformed into human form by a powerful undead vizier as a punishment for not attacking the Levantine kingdom 200 years ago as he requested?  You got that in one?  I'm impressed!   XD

I knew that... :P  I was asking for it.

QuoteBecause I know what a temptation it may be to use OOC info to color certain actions and decisions (either knowingly or subconsciously)  I would rather let people follow their own behavior normally and do what they would typically do.  Essentially, unless there's some good way they'd know, they aren't going to know, and this applies to player as well as character.

I agree. You're right.

QuoteAs it should be.  Hence, the fun of roleplay and exploration.  If everything is just instantly 'known' then what's the fun in that?  Yes, my character is futa, no big surprise there for the players, though it would possibly be a big one for the other characters (unless futas are common).  I am rather intrigued by them but this is the first character I've played here that is one (I made a futa character for another rp but it never actually began).

Well, this role play will certainly begin and I do look forward to role playing with you.

QuoteThat's very true.   ;D  However sexual liasons are still anyone's guess.   ;)  Not saying it's not in the cards, but I will be completely honest and say I am much more fascinated by female and futa partners, typically, than male ones (strictly in fantasy settings, that is).

We'll have to set a premise for the Diplomatic negotiations... This was one of my concerns though not anymore. Basically, the Levantine Kingdom is all about expansionism and it wants to absorb your character's kingdom in a non-confrontational way if it can.

Ryujin

QuoteBasically, the Levantine Kingdom is all about expansionism and it wants to absorb your character's kingdom in a non-confrontational way if it can.

Oh Really? Then Gaist will have a chance to pay back all those fools who shunned him.

Blackbird

Quote from: Soren on December 24, 2009, 07:22:25 PM
We'll have to set a premise for the Diplomatic negotiations... This was one of my concerns though not anymore. Basically, the Levantine Kingdom is all about expansionism and it wants to absorb your character's kingdom in a non-confrontational way if it can.

Perhaps I can help with that...

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Hi all! I've been looking into this RP as well. May I please join in?

Here were my thoughts: My character could be the Grand Commander of the Levantine Imperial Army. There could be varying degrees of... er... disagreement, let's say, between the two kingdoms. As the official head of the armed forces and right hand of the Empress, I could provide military insight to the negotiations. Perhaps there is even open fighting going on, small-scale skirmishes and whatnot for that "possible combat" mentioned earlier. Oh, and so that I am not a wizened old geezer, I could be the son of the former Grand Commander, recently taking over the position. As far as character relations, I would be right there with the diplomats and ambassadors, taking orders directly from the Empress herself. I would probably run into the Empress's personal body guard from time to time as well.

So what do you guys think? May I join?

Soren

Blackbird,

Yes. Of course you can join. I like your idea too.

Blackbird

Name: Vincent Navarre  A.K.A the "White Raven"

Title: Grand Commander of the Imperial Army (Grand Commander for short)

Appearance:

(Full armor)

(Without armor)

Race: Human

Actual Age: 28

History:
Raised on the battlefield by his father, the previous Grand Commander, for as long as he could remember, Vincent is an elite soldier, cunning tactician, and fearless leader. He is of noble birth, having been born into a family long renowned for military service. He has been trained all his life to lead armies like his father before him and to live a life of honorable service to his kingdom.

Despite being of the high-ranking Navarre family, he never spent much time at the family estate. Most of his youth was spent on various campaigns with the army, and he had a private tutor to see to his education and schooling. During his adventures as a young knight, Vincent lost his right eye to a stray arrow during a battle with desert raiders. He also sports a wide collection of other scars as a result of his hard lifestyle. But it has made him one of the kingdom’s most formidable warriors - capable of amazing dexterity even in armor, and able to wield larger-than-normal weapons. Perhaps there is a bit of magic in him that aids his battlefield prowess? It has been rumored, but never confirmed.

Eventually, he rose to fill the prestigious position of Grand Commander, gaining responsibility over all the empire’s military forces. He takes his orders only from whomever rules the empire, and he in turn distributes those orders among the generals and commanders of the army however he sees fit.

Personality:
Vincent is both a gentleman and a soldier. He is tough and relentless in combat, yet can be graceful and charming. He is a charismatic leader to his men and a loyal patriot. Although, there are times when he can come across as cold or harsh - an inevitable side-effect of his responsibilities as leader of the Levantine armed forces. But he is also intelligent and respectful to others, having a generally heroic personality.

Hayley

Athena - yeah sounds good to me. Might help the kind of disparate group we've got get together.