Vampire the Masquerade Mafia [Game Thread] [Day Phase 4]

Started by Blythe, May 13, 2016, 11:35:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AmberStarfire

Remiel doesn't seem that shady to me. His anger (or irritation, or frustration.. or whichever emotion is coming through a little bit) seems quite genuine to me. You know what they say, some emotions can be faked but anger isn't typically one of them.

Mintprincess

I didn't find you (Geeklet) shady for being consistent.   I thought your initial reasons that he picked you for sheriff didn't make sense.  I've continued with Leslie because despite me pointing out my concerns with her voting patterns and her posting after me, she didn't even address them.  In fact everything I have said has been ignored and instead I was accused of voting for her because she was quiet.  That's why I've continued. 

That being said, I was pretty clear last round that I had no intentions of voting for you (yet).  I just don't believe Remi is being all super shady like you do.

Do you disagree with me that Leslie has been shady with her voting and her avoidance of inquiry?

yugi006

It just might be that Leslie is pretty new to this game and not sure exactly how things work yet but I'm not really sure about her.

AmberStarfire

Quote from: Geeklet on May 23, 2016, 04:08:29 PM
Okay, serious question.... if people are finding me shady for going after the same person consistently, why does no one think the same of Mint for constantly going after Leslie?

I'm reserving judgment because I don't know Leslie at all. I think it was up to her if she wanted to vote for Nobody, but Mint has made some good points as well. Personally, I'm wondering about Yugi.

Geeklet

Based on what she has said, and what I know of her, no, I don't think she is being shady. A bit confused, perhaps, but not shady.

Mintprincess

Quote from: yugi006 on May 23, 2016, 04:16:10 PM
It just might be that Leslie is pretty new to this game and not sure exactly how things work yet but I'm not really sure about her.
she used that excuse for every round of one night too and we all knew she knew what she was doing.  :P

Quote from: AmberStarfire on May 23, 2016, 04:16:18 PM
I'm reserving judgment because I don't know Leslie at all. I think it was up to her if she wanted to vote for Nobody, but Mint has made some good points as well. Personally, I'm wondering about Yugi.
What are you wondering about Yugi? Besides that he's been quieter than normal I don't know that I've seen anything shady.  And if we are going quiet Rel has been just as quiet, as has Perse (who also had the nobody vote).   Yugi also voted really early which can be putting yourself out there.  I don't know that I see it

Quote from: Geeklet on May 23, 2016, 04:17:46 PM
Based on what she has said, and what I know of her, no, I don't think she is being shady. A bit confused, perhaps, but not shady.

Really? And what is that?

I explained why I went after her. Why are you still after a Remi, besides him being a pirate.

Remiel

So, as much as I want to lynch Geeklet out of sheer spite,  Andy was pretty sure that Geeklet was on team good guy.   I really think our Sabbat are the people who are being quiet.   Rel, Seranova, Leslie...those are the top of my list at the moment.

yugi006

Quote from: Mintprincess on May 23, 2016, 04:25:59 PM
she used that excuse for every round of one night too and we all knew she knew what she was doing.  :P

She hasn't used that excuse here yet but this is a totally different from One Night so I can kind of undestand if that was the case for the nobody vote.

Geeklet

I am actually more or less in agreement with Remi right now. Sera is one of the top of my radar right now, and Rel could very well be Sabbat as well. I still disagree about Leslie, though.

Mint, honestly, it was because I didn't really feel strongly against anyone else, and didn't want to simply vote for nobody. But now that more and more is coming out, more things look, shall way say, interesting, to me.

Mintprincess

I can get on board with the I didn't want to vote for nobody reason as a reason to vote for somebody.   -That- I understand.  Especially moving into Day two.  I also can see voting someone other than Andy, which most of us did because most of agreed he was probably Camarilla.   

So you've decided that Remi isn't shady now? Or you agree with his assessment and he's still shady?  (I'm still not voting for him though :P)

I think there are some patterns emerging but Mint's ass needs to get back to work at the moment.   

Geeklet

He is still iffy, but there are others I am more concerned about.

Intimate Ink

As much as my undead heart hurts to have not one, but two, suspects in my midst... that sort of how it is right now.

The first of them is theLeslie... while being new to our fair land myself, I didn't have the experience to spot a fellow young 'un last round.  theLeslie is acting almost as quiet and my understanding is that she is seasoned enough to be behaving differently, though?  I find it quite distressing that in addition to continuing to vote for nobody, she is also being completely vague in everything she says.  It looks too much like a tactic to keep people on very neutral ground, second-guessing themselves; I have to treat that with high suspicion.  I can see the behavior being used as an attempt to stay on the sidelines while the innocent tear each other apart.

The second... oh, how the second breaks my heart.  I fear that IF the Sabbat used last night to turn one of our own kind against us last night, the most dashing and dapper Remiel would have been the logical menu choice.  In addition to the fact that everyone would want to get a fang into the tasty pirate treat, he made some alliance with the now-departed AndyZ.  He alluded to the fact he had special reasons for trusting AndyZ, and changed his vote to theLeslie in what looked like an attempt to save AndyZ to me.  Given that we have some reason to believe AndyZ's innocence at this point, under most circumstances I would be sounding the cry to both rally around and protect Remiel given evidence of his good-guy nature (plus, to get a closer look at that handsome face, then maybe steal a hair or two to place in my pillow... ahem, where was I?!)  Ah, yes!  Unfortunately this wickedness afoot has even caused me doubt those instincts of trust I normally would develop, because he seems like he would be the perfect candidate to forcibly convert: namely, he was just shown to have an allegiance with an innocent, and he's given the insinuation of... abilities that let him trust others. 

Right now my suspicion is strongest with theLeslie, since my suspicion of Remiel is based on an assumption that the sabbat turned someone last night --which I don't know for certain -- but I can't disregard he seems like the most logical 'conversion' choice to me. :/

AmberStarfire

Quote from: Mintprincess on May 23, 2016, 04:25:59 PM
What are you wondering about Yugi? Besides that he's been quieter than normal I don't know that I've seen anything shady.  And if we are going quiet Rel has been just as quiet, as has Perse (who also had the nobody vote).   Yugi also voted really early which can be putting yourself out there.  I don't know that I see it

I don't know. I'm kind of listening to my instincts over pure logic here. I've played in one of his card games before and he has a good mind for card games. So by staying quiet here, I wonder if he's being strategic and not just quiet, yet he hasn't been entirely quiet either. I'm not looking as much at who votes for who(m), because while conclusions can be drawn there's less overwhelming solid evidence. There are patterns but they're more based on what people think than what they know.

Seranova

I haven't exactly been hiding, just a little on the busy side. I've posted consistently, let everyone know my opinions, and displayed my votes as needed. If that makes me shady, then so be it.

My distrust of Leslie is pretty much the same reasons as everyone else. Her votes make no sense, and seem to be just thrown away. I may be legitimately alone in my suspicion of Remi, but he just seems to be playing the classic "I don't know any better" card, which is usually a pretty big tell for him.

The quiet ones may be suspect as well, but those two are my primary concern right now.
Sera's Ons/Off's
Hello darkness, my old friend.
I've come to talk with you again.

theLeslie

My vote for Sherriff?  Whose vote wasn't thrown away?  Whose was made with actual information behind it, and not just throwing darts at a name?  The only people who could have made an informed vote was the Sabbat, because only they knew who was on their side.

This has nothing to do with me being new.  Slightly tangential, however the rules state we are not supposed to be bringing up performance in other games in this one, as it leads to a bias.  I played new a couple times, when I was new, but by the end I played confused, not new.  Anyone who isn't confused by 1 night werewolf has my undying respect, as all the role swapping is just.. to much for me.  Thankfully that is not the case in this game, so that is neither here nor there.

I am new at this game, but that only means I have to go look up roles to see what they do, and has very little baring on why I have voted the way I have voted. 

Allow me to explain.

This has been a rough pair of weeks for me, and if I had been asked to join the game yesterday I would have said no, because I've been so busy.  Even over the weekend I had little down time, but that is only why I've been so quiet.  The reason I can not point my finger at someone and say guilty, is because I have no information.  Everyone is pointing fingers at someone, and short of information myself, all I can do is nod, agree with someone else, and instead of "throwing my vote away", just hope for the best.   

I am not very fond of playing against steep odds, and with a random vote there is a much better chance of killing my own, than lynching the dreaded Sword of Caine.  Honestly, I feel like I am playing my role perfectly.  I'm a Caitiff.  I'm quiet, meaningless, scared I'll be killed for no good reason, and in the end I am sure to make one fine scapegoat.  Quite the caitiff indeed. =P

I'm not sure what you all want from me?  The main difference between how I vote, and how everyone else seems to be voting, is I am much more conservative, and not as willingly to just point my finger at people at random.  That's all.  As I see it so far, without anyone's role being revealed, all we are doing is shooting in the dark.  I also understand now, at least, why no role revealing is going on.  It would make the seer an obvious target, which would be bad indeed.  If the seer dies before being able to reveal anything, though, then what a tragedy that is.

Don't pity me because I am confused, and don't show mercy because I am new.  I expect no special treatment, and if I am next on the gallows, then so be it.  But I know my own innocence.

I suspect Mint.  I suspect Sera.  I suspect Rel.  I suspect Guy. 

Madame Professor

Given what happened the previous day, I'm less concerned about Remi and WAY more concerned with folks like Leslie, who basically wasted her vote with a nobody play. I understand folks don't always agree with me voting to lynch Day One, but Day Two!? With all the folks that were being Shady McShadypants?! Leslie and Perse both voted nobody, which is basically a vote for Andy, without actually having their name attached to him. Not to mention Perse has said very little. Right now, they are my top contenders.

Christa and Yugi are up there, too. The both of them have been entirely too quiet for my liking.

As for my vote, any four of them could have it from me, but at the moment, the top is Leslie.

Quote from: theLeslie on May 23, 2016, 10:14:47 PM
I suspect Guy. 

Really!?

Guy has practically been vetted at this point. No one has come forth to protest his claim. It's been 3 Days. Guy is solid. The fact you still suspect him is shaaaaaaaady.....

Yeah... I'll get this ball rolling and put my vote out for Leslie.
The Professor's Research Notes (O/O)  Locked away in the Laboratory (A/A) 
Not currently available for new roleplays
Procaffeinating: (verb) The tendency to not start anything until you've had a cup of coffee.
Perkatory: (noun) The anguished, prolonged period spent waiting for a fresh pot of coffee to be ready.

theLeslie

Suspicions are suspicions. *shrug*  Note I didn't vote for him.  This is why I don't like to vote without actually knowing. =P

My main problem with Guy still stems from how hard he was pushing for a random vote, when the odds favored killing cam over killing sabbat.  That still sticks out in my head.  Admittedly, however, my head has been rather fried of late.

That said, I am not recanting on my suspicions.  They still stand.

persephone325

Quote from: Madame Professor on May 23, 2016, 10:21:56 PM
Guy has practically been vetted at this point. No one has come forth to protest his claim. It's been 3 Days. Guy is solid. The fact you still suspect him is shaaaaaaaady.....

I'd like to point it out that he only revealed his role after Sunshine had died, and it was shown that she had a special role. It's entirely possible that Sunshine had the role that Guy claims to have, but she's dead. So she can't say otherwise.

While I can see where you're coming from, I can't say with 100% certainty that I believe he's innocent. *shrugs* That's my opinion.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

Intimate Ink

Quote from: persephone325 on May 23, 2016, 10:47:38 PM
I'd like to point it out that he only revealed his role after Sunshine had died, and it was shown that she had a special role. It's entirely possible that Sunshine had the role that Guy claims to have, but she's dead. So she can't say otherwise.

While I can see where you're coming from, I can't say with 100% certainty that I believe he's innocent. *shrugs* That's my opinion.

That is simply, verifiably not true and gives me more than a little pause that I have to be pointing this out.

Guy claimed his role here, Sunshine met her unfortunate end here.

persephone325

Quote from: Intimate Ink on May 23, 2016, 11:00:04 PM
That is simply, verifiably not true and gives me more than a little pause that I have to be pointing this out.

Ah. I had my dates confused. My mistake.
This doesn't have to end in a fight, Buck.
It always ends in a fight.
You pulled me from the river. Why?
I don't know.
"Don't dwell on those who hold you down. Instead, cherish those who helped you up."

yugi006

Quote from: theLeslie on May 23, 2016, 10:26:31 PM
Suspicions are suspicions. *shrug*  Note I didn't vote for him.  This is why I don't like to vote without actually knowing. =P

My main problem with Guy still stems from how hard he was pushing for a random vote, when the odds favored killing cam over killing sabbat.  That still sticks out in my head.  Admittedly, however, my head has been rather fried of late.

That said, I am not recanting on my suspicions.  They still stand.

A random vote is better than voting for nobody as even if it is a good guy that gets killed it helps narrow down the suspects.

Quote from: Madame Professor on May 23, 2016, 10:21:56 PM
Christa and Yugi are up there, too. The both of them have been entirely too quiet for my liking.

I haven't been saying much as I have in previous games but this time is because I really have no information. Normally I'd be the one approaching people to get information but this time I wanted people to approach me for once but it hasn't happened yet so I know nothing and have no alliances with anyone.

I will wait a little bit to find out more info before voting. Although Leslie isn't looking good right now it's too early for me to just vote for her.

yugi006

Quote from: Intimate Ink on May 23, 2016, 11:00:04 PM

Even so Guy could have wanted to target Sunshine from the very beginning and so Persephone's conjecture could be true.

It is also noted that Sunshine tends to stay fairly quite in these kinds of games whether or not she is a bad or good guy.

Intimate Ink

Quote from: yugi006 on May 23, 2016, 11:09:49 PM
Even so Guy could have wanted to target Sunshine from the very beginning and so Persephone's conjecture could be true.

It is also noted that Sunshine tends to stay fairly quite in these kinds of games whether or not she is a bad or good guy.

I'm not quite following you there, do you mind clarifying? :/

I do understand that there was always the chance that Sunshine was the diablerist, and it created an unfortunately convenient smoke-screen for Guy. 

I'm not quite sure where you are getting that Guy would have "wanted to target Sunshine from the very beginning?", though?  I'm admittedly not the most familiar with the extent of our roles and power within the Elysium, but I don't see any way Guy would have known her role the very first day short of her randomly messaging it to him, which seemed a rather reckless plan? 

I can see your point that it would be a strong strategy, I'm just not seeing how it's a possible one?

Mintprincess

Quote from: persephone325 on May 23, 2016, 10:47:38 PM

Not only that, but Guy's role will be told to us as Sabbat with a special role, not Camarilla, so Sunshine was most definitely NOT the Lycan role.   Had she been killed by the Sabbat and revealed that way, we would have been guarenteed to know that was her role.  That leaves her as one of the other four special roles originally in the game.   

Blythe explained this right here

yugi006

Quote from: Intimate Ink on May 23, 2016, 11:27:48 PM
I'm not quite following you there, do you mind clarifying? :/

I do understand that there was always the chance that Sunshine was the diablerist, and it created an unfortunately convenient smoke-screen for Guy. 

I'm not quite sure where you are getting that Guy would have "wanted to target Sunshine from the very beginning?", though?  I'm admittedly not the most familiar with the extent of our roles and power within the Elysium, but I don't see any way Guy would have known her role the very first day short of her randomly messaging it to him, which seemed a rather reckless plan? 

I can see your point that it would be a strong strategy, I'm just not seeing how it's a possible one?

I forgot about the clarification Blythe made so that argument is null and void.

I didn't mean that he knew her role or anything but I meant that if he was a Sabbat he intended to target her but that can't be true anymore cause she would not have shown up as a special role.