Star Trek: Beyond - Interest/Recruiting

Started by Ember Star, December 09, 2013, 01:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ember Star

"Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Artemis. Its five-year mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no one has gone before."

This is a reboot of the very first group I ever made. A alternate universe Star Trek game with nearly the full range of the Star Trek universe at our disposal. I don't aim it to be perfect, just fun. So, if you are interested in venturing where no one has gone before, I encourage you to read on.

For more information than can be found here, check out the Star Trek Beyond wiki page

OOC Rules:
  • 2-3 paragraphs are expected per IC post, more is okay. Less is tolerated once in a while but not constantly.
  • Post once a week, minimum. Let the GM and/or the players involved in your scene know if you can't do this due to RL reasons.
  • Use headers on every post, and use them properly
  • If you have an issue, take it to PM with the person you have a problem with, or with the GM. Don't take it further in the OOC thread.
  • If you drop out of the game, I (Ember Star) as GM, reserve the right to NPC out of the crew or kill off your character so the position may be filled by a different player.

Character Creation Rules:
  • Only species that exist in the Trekverse are allowed
  • Histories must be at least two paragraphs long and include any information that Starfleet would have on their flies
  • Real and real photoshoped pictures are greatly preferred. I'll only allow art if you feel there's nothing else and it looks realistic
  • Must have a exactly 150x200 headshot (I can resize and provide this for you)
  • You can use characters which appeared on the show for your characters_. But you cannot use main characters for models (I.E. You can use Klingon Guard, but you cannot use Worf)
  • Charcters must be PM'd to me for approval
  • Try and keep your character somewhat realistic to their species. I don't mind a little flip around on cannon species personalities, just don't go overboard.

Character Sheet

Basics
    Full Name: Your character's name

Species: Only species from Trek allowed

Starfleet Rank: Ensign, ect

Crew Position: Security Officer, ect

Uniform Color: color meanings are listed in the information notes on the wiki

Appearance

Height: Character's height

Build: Character's body build

Hair Color: Character's color

Eye Color: Character's eye color

Other: Any distinguishing looks, marks, scars, tattoos, extra pictures, ect

Bio

Personality: At least 1-2 good paragraphs

History: At least 2-3 good paragraphs

Other

Player: Your user name

Orientation: Your character's sexual orientation

Ons and Offs: Character specific or a link to your own

Other Notes: Anything about your character that isn't covered in the above

Notes to GM: For my eyes only, any special notes, questions, ect, that you want me to know.

[u][b]Basics[/b][/u]
    [float=right][img padding=5]image link here[/img][/float] 
    [b]Full Name:[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Species:[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Starfleet Rank:[/b]

[b]Crew Position:[/b]

[b]Uniform Color:[/b]

[b][u]Appearance[/u][/b]

[b]Height:[/b]

[b]Build:[/b]

[b]Hair Color:[/b]

[b]Eye Color:[/b]

[b]Other:[/b]

[b][u]Bio[/u][/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]

[b]History:[/b]

[b][u]Other[/u][/b]

[b]Player:[/b]

[b]Orientation:[/b]

[b]Ons and Offs:[/b]

[b]Other Notes:[/b]

[b]Notes to GM:[/b]
"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

Ember Star

"One thing you who had secure or happy childhoods should understand about those of us who did not, we who control our feelings, who avoid conflicts at all costs or seem to seek them, who are hypersensitive, self-critical, compulsive, workaholic, and above all survivors, we're not that way from perversity. And we cannot just relax and let it go. We've learned to cope in ways you never had to." ~Author, Piers Anthony

AndyZ

Going to be keeping an eye on this.  Any of the series that you want us to keep away from?  I know a lot of people hate Voyager and Enterprise.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ons/Offs   -  My schedule and A/As   -    My Avatars

If I've owed you a post for at least a week, poke me.

Ember Star

Quote from: AndyZ on December 09, 2013, 09:03:45 PM
Going to be keeping an eye on this.  Any of the series that you want us to keep away from?  I know a lot of people hate Voyager and Enterprise.
They're actually towards the top of my favorites. Though I love them all. So, no. It's pretty much completely non cannon and AU so there's actually not much worry there. References can be made towards certain aspects of cannon. But I've always run it in kinda a separate universe with minimum cannon story influence so that it became something of its own.b

MaiMizzu

I think I could get into this too. Maybe in a First Officer's role if possible. I know most about TNG, and a little about Voyager. And I know a bit about the other series.
The definition of a hero, at least in my mind, is someone who can protect what is right. To change and stop the wrong. To fight against the forces that seek to destroy you. And, at the very least ... live life well, and enjoy it with those you love.

Ember Star

Quote from: MaiMizzu on December 09, 2013, 09:26:13 PM
I think I could get into this too. Maybe in a First Officer's role if possible. I know most about TNG, and a little about Voyager. And I know a bit about the other series.
First Officer is already claimed. Though if you read the wiki it'll have the roles that are taken and the ones that are available/needed.

AndyZ

The idea I had is sort of an improvement on the holograms to create an Autonomous Security Hologram, which would require holographic emitters over most of the ship and maybe mobile emitters that also work as a combadge.  Given how many redshirts die on a regular basis on a starship, though, it's a perfectly logical kind of technology to work on.  It's much easier to repair a damaged emitter/combadge than repair a dead body.

If that all seems okay to you, I'll see about throwing together a character in a day or two.
It's all good, and it's all in fun.  Now get in the pit and try to love someone.

Ember Star

While I like the idea. I have a couple of reservations about it. For one, harming or killing him would be next to impossible, which is a bit OP, IMO. Not only that, but even with projectors all over the ship and portable ones, his range would still be somewhat limited for the role. I'm not against having a hologram, I had one in another version of the group that was essentially part of the ship. I'm just unsure of the concept with the position. If you can convince me, I might allow it. But no promises I'll be convinced.

AndyZ

Fair enough ^_^ I'll keep the hologram plan but think on another position.  Maybe Engineering...

Ember Star

Quote from: AndyZ on December 10, 2013, 02:02:14 AM
Fair enough ^_^ I'll keep the hologram plan but think on another position.  Maybe Engineering...
That would fit well, I think :)

ElvenKitten

Ember Star

Cynadea

Commander Alanah Rei, the head botanist, is done and waiting for GM review. If one of you is interested in some shared history in the academy or on board of the ship, give me a poke.

The app is here

Currently MIA, not available for  RP

Ons and Offs ~ Idea thread

Chrystal

I suppose I should put in an appearance here to say that Lieutenant Imira Loni, Chief Medic, is reporting for duty. She will answer to "Bones", but only if said good naturedly.

Honestly, I can't believe I'm doing this....

Actually, it should be good fun. And I suppose I ought to say I'm trilled to be part of it...

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!

RubySlippers

I was thinking about playing an unjoined Trill, they should be known to the Federation by now, who is maybe either a Federation Intelligence Operative (specialty in threat assessment and analysis, trained of course in covert areas as well) OR Chief Science Officer (Doctorate in Interdisciplinary Sciences) but wanted to see if either would fit.

Ember Star

I see no reason why not. After all, given Trill society and the Trill to symbiont ratio, there would logically be many more Trills than symbionts.

As for the positions, either one would be welcomed

ElvenKitten

Would a species that hasn't appeared on screen but only in books and games be OK?

RubySlippers

I'm going to go with a senior enlisted rank, enlisted in the Marines and transferred over to Intelligence later in her career likely Master CPO. Basically the James Bond path military to intelligence (attending various training programs).

Basic Path for Education -

1. Starfleet Marine Boot/Rifleman General Training/Combat Engineer [2 Years]

2. NCO Leadership & Tactics [6 Months]

3. Special Operations - Marine Pilot [1 Year]

4. Intelligence Operations/Analysis [2 Years]

5. Field Operations/Starfleet [1 Year]

Should make her he quiet lady in the corner that if you want to screw with she CAN hurt you but most of her work is likely under an officer but is skill heavy not academic focused. But I always liked Chief O'Brian he was just steady.

Ember Star

Quote from: ElvenKitten on December 10, 2013, 06:57:52 PM
Would a species that hasn't appeared on screen but only in books and games be OK?
If you can find a viable play by that isn't too cartoonish (a good cosplay would be good), yes.
Quote from: RubySlippers on December 10, 2013, 07:19:16 PM
I'm going to go with a senior enlisted rank, enlisted in the Marines and transferred over to Intelligence later in her career likely Master CPO. Basically the James Bond path military to intelligence (attending various training programs).

Basic Path for Education -

1. Starfleet Marine Boot/Rifleman General Training/Combat Engineer [2 Years]

2. NCO Leadership & Tactics [6 Months]

3. Special Operations - Marine Pilot [1 Year]

4. Intelligence Operations/Analysis [2 Years]

5. Field Operations/Starfleet [1 Year]

Should make her he quiet lady in the corner that if you want to screw with she CAN hurt you but most of her work is likely under an officer but is skill heavy not academic focused. But I always liked Chief O'Brian he was just steady.

That sounds reasonable :)

RubySlippers

A pic is going to be a challenge for me. I'll find something.

Ember Star

If anybody runs into trouble with that I provided links to two girls who do Photoshop requests on E (they could easily do trill spots or something), and one who takes requests for characters and makes lists of models for said characters. Both are amazing resources which I have used several times. The links are in the wiki page.

AndyZ

I can personally vouch for both of those girls as unmitigated geniuses of Photoshop.

Baalborn87

I would like to express interest in the Chief Security officer if I may

Ember Star

Chrystal

Quote from: RubySlippers on December 10, 2013, 06:03:53 PM
I was thinking about playing an unjoined Trill, they should be known to the Federation by now, who is maybe either a Federation Intelligence Operative (specialty in threat assessment and analysis, trained of course in covert areas as well) OR Chief Science Officer (Doctorate in Interdisciplinary Sciences) but wanted to see if either would fit.

Question: What would the relationship be like between a joined Trill and an unjoined Trill? I would imagine that there would be some envy on the part of Ruby's character towards mine? And would my character regard hers in some way as inferior?

I must admit to not being enough of a trekie to know this.

Please check out my latest A/A post.
I would rather watch a movie then have dinner than have dinner then watch a movie!