The Unseen HAS STARTED! (Still open and still accepting new faces!!)

Started by Chreestafer, February 01, 2015, 11:12:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chreestafer

This is a reboot of a game I tried a while back, it had interest in a reboot so here I am hoping it works, if anyone wishes to CO-gm pm me also :)

The Unseen...

*DISCLOSURE*
-Most photos in this initial post are concepts from the "Last of us" game series, they do not hold any weight in the game, only I have found them to resemble quiet a few descriptive scenes

Cold winds and a brewing storm has forced you inside tonight, the thought of being under a sheltered roof weighing both in favor of good and favoring of bad.  Life has changed a lot lately and the majority of the time it wasn't for the good.  The rickety door hangs half on its hinges leaving just enough of a small gap for you to squeeze right through.  In these days you needed to be silent, you needed to sneak about like a mouse, all for your own safety, for the unseen is what kills you.  When the pandemic broke out people ignored it mainly, like they do everything else.  If it didn't happen there, then it wasn't any of their business, of course until it happened to them, then it was an issue.  The rash spread quickly and silently, unseen to many, many not knowing or understanding what it was.  Within 6 months of the outbreak nearly a quarter of the worlds population took ill and passed on to death.  Some were inflicted with the rash, yet for some reason never caught the fever that followed.  It became a sort of branding on them, and those that were afflicted but not killed soon held a far worse fate. 

Segregation for the afflicted became all to real, and human rights were stripped of them as they were tested on by legal and many not so legal means.  The world fell into a dark depression and wars skittered about recklessly as whole countries began blaming one another for what caused the incident.  Most of the afflicted who weren't initially killed or turned into lab rats became victims of hate crimes, often murdered and left about as messages to the rest.  The world was a dark place since the two years had passed before the rash appeared unseen.  In the winter of 2017 things got worse, utterly worse.  Another quarter of the population fell ill, and died quicker then the first.  However, this time they came back, and they seemed angry.  Soulless pits of a body, their red eyes would glow, they hungered for death.  "The unseen" they had been dubbed, mindless and quick moving zombies hell bent on killing all living things.  Wars broke out once more, and this time the nukes had arrived.  In six more short months the planet earth was a decollate wasteland, still haunted by the Unseen.

You shake the memories from your head as you climb the stairs quietly to find a bedroom to barricade.  The house moans and creaks as the winds of the brewing storm seek to tear it apart.  As you level off on the second floor a small door lays open, the color pink shinning brightly in your eyes.  Making way for the room you stealthily make sure it was un occupied.  You know to be quiet, you know the monsters out there aren't the only things that could kill you.  Besides the feral animals or the bitter cold nights, the world is still haunted the human plague.  Humans still exist in bands, sometimes as simple survivors like yourself.  Mostly though they are either bandits or even worse cannibals.  So precaution is never a lax luster item. 

The sight however turns your stomach sour as you enter the room.  On the bed lay a man, motionless and blood covered.  His face was unrecognizable as he lay there clutching a small pink diary in his right hand.  Pulling the booklet from his cold dead fingers, you proceed to thumb through the pages.

Date: May 23rd
I know this is silly, my daughters diary, but where else will I write, and I need to scream my words, but no one listens. So I'm here, writing in this pink bock, good if Susan would see this. Mary isn't doing any better, her fever is still high, but the rash has stopped, so maybe that is some sign, I just pray to whomever listens, please make her feel better, she's all I got since her mother passed from this damn thing.

Date: June 17th
Mary seems to feeling better, she is smiling, though she doesn't eat much, the doctors say she might have actually kicked this and can probably come home in a few days. Thank you!  Plus I watched CNN today, did you know they're waiting our tax dollars recreating viruses from the 1800's? Maybe one of them assholes has an explanation for what the hell is going on!

Date: June 26th
She wont wake up, her lungs are still moving but she wont open her eyes! The doctors said she'd be fine, then last week another huge amount of the population caught it! I caught it! my damn right hand! why wont she wake up! Where are the answers! The news is screaming of war, They say its chemical war fare and they blame china! Wait, I hear her mumbling.

There are many pages in the diary, but as they words progress towards the last page of June 26th, the writers hand writing got worse and worse and sloppy.  As you set the diary back down you feel sad for the dead man on the child's bed in front of you.  You often wonder why this happened yourself as you look at your own rash wondering why you were never affected like the rest or never became apart of the Unseen.  As the words flow through your skull, the all to familiar sound clutches at your essence.  Shivers rip across your spin as your stomach sinks.  The soft gurgled clicking sound that they make, echoes in your head as you turn to see red sunken eyes staring back at you from the stair case.  The worse part is, The unseen are never alone.  Rushing the door, you slam it closed as it slams into the other side clawing and screeching to get in to you.  The wood shakes violently as you know it wont stop until it has you, and as you back from the closed door, you hear the shuffling behind you.  Turning you find the dead mans limbs slowly twitching to life right before your eyes. 

The Unseen is a free form post apocalyptic game that is open to everyone and anyone.  All I seek is ambitious souls looking to write and enjoy a good and dangerous adventure.  Where we start off will be a small band of survivors has held up residence in an old Wal-Mart.  Most of the supplies is spoiled or stolen, yet a good majority of it is still useful.  What id like to see is unique characters of various different backgrounds coming together to survive....or selling their friends out to survive.  Yes it is the end of the world.  yes guns and other weapons are on the table.  However, you are not some super ninja who uses bazookas and machine guns whilst having a cup of coffee.  You are not some supreme ex military personnel who has a stock pill of grenades and an unlimited amount of ammo. 

Lets be real people, you are humans.  Keep it realistic, be the car salesman who is getting a divorce when this happens.  Be the college student who was fretting over student loans before she finds herself part of the afflicted.  Be realistic, that is all I ask.

There will be some among us who are afflicted, they are the ones with the rash but have not died or gotten sick.  And then there will be some of us who are normal, un affected by the disease that has desolated this planet.  Id like an even mix or a mix favoring more normal then afflicted.  The band of survivors will be about 20 to 25 however most will be NPCs.  I'm looking for a decent group of about 8 to a max of ten including myself, so I need 9 total players.  All are welcome to apply, yet I will choose who will stay and who will go. 

Posting, id like for us to post at the very extreme minimum of once a week.  I have been guilty of this, and I have seen rps die over and over because of this.  If for some reason you loose your muse or are to busy, please let me know and we will adjust accordingly.  I'm an upfront guy and respect bluntness over all, and I have been guilty of fearing the lashings of not being able to play.  trust me I understand that.  Yet when in doubt, be blunt with me.   

Once I've gained enough interest ill post up a character sheet.  I hope to keep this to one thread, maybe branching off into 1 or 2 more if necessary. 

any questions please feel free to post them here or PM me :)

Thank you for your time and dedication to reading all this!

Character Sheet:
-use real photos and the more the merrier
-starting gear, you won't be starting with a hundred things.  Think items that'll fit in or on a backpack.
-weapons, common melee items like bats, crowbars, and knives are your main weapons. However I will allow guns, guns like 9 mm pistol with only one clip left,  a .22 hunting rifle with a small box of ammo, a shotgun with 6 slugs, a crossbow or compound bow with only 3 bolts or arrows.  It's all just low enough to make you think wisely on all your shots.
-looking for maybe 3 or 4 afflicted,  I will be one of them.
-sex, it will be a regular thing from outsiders raping to friends doing such to relax.  Love might even be found.  However sex will be common it isn't the main plotline.
-age, follow E rules anything from 16 up
-Personality, give a small description of how your character acts, is he cold hearted? is she klutzy? Is he secretly a narcissist? simple things like that to help set the mood of your character
-Feelings towards the Afflicted, remember I said there was one point where those who were afflicted were segregated and experimented on, some of them, there is a hatred towards them, could be because they have the rash and survived it? or a hatred towards the rash itself and you're just the host to the virus.
-Additional Photos, this one is simple, if you have any extra character photos post them away, also if you wish to add photos of sexual organs, scars, tattoos, photos of the gear or weapons, anything you see fit to help describe said character
Name:
Afflicted or Unafflicted:
Feelings toward Afflicted:
Appearance:
Personality:
Sexual Orientation:
Bio:
Weapons:
Gear:
Fears:
Casual ons:
Casual offs:
Sexual ons:
Sexual offs:
[spoiler=Additional Photos][/spoiler]

My character as an example

Name: Christopher Phoenix
Afflicted or Unafflicted: Afflicted
Feelings toward Afflicted: Indifferent
Appearance:

Personality: very quiet and nice, yet has a darker driven side to get the drugs and drink he needs to sleep and forget the voices in his head (its become a huge issue lately and he's become kind of odd from it)
Sexual Orientation: Straight, Bi-Curious
Bio: Christopher grew up in a troubled household, His father was a drunk, his mother popped pills, and often enough they forgot about him and his little brother.  Life continue on this way for 14 years until Christopher's little brother was found dead from an over dose of pills, his mothers pills. As CYS came in to relocate him as his parents were arrested Chris was adopted by his grandmother.  She was a God loving, kind hearted woman, and she became the only reason Chris seemed to mellow out.  See over the years of a bad childhood Chris was known to be a trouble maker and a fighter.  Often he would tussle with kids who claimed he wasn't strong enough or cool enough.  Often running with the bad crowds, a noticeable drop in his grades arrived.  However upon the move to his grand mothers, and a start at a fresh new school Chris was given a second chance.  When school wasn't involved the nice old lady had him working to keep himself out of trouble.  Her husband who had passed, owned the local book store.  She was the soul owner and soon Chris would find the store as a second home.  While kids drank and did drugs, the young man found himself buried in books to occupy his time.  As the first outbreak came, devastation hit and after the passing of his grandmother, he became owner of the book store.  Feeling a need and urgency to do something about the warring countries he closed up the book store and left for the military.

After a few months in the service Chris was going to miss out on his first marine ball.  However, Josephine Black, the younger sister to one of his buddies in the service came to his rescue.  Instantly he fell for this girl the second they hit the dance floor.  And two years of on and off dating he got down on one knee and asked her the question of a life time.  Life seemed good, and the world was becoming a better place, specially for him. 

Then the rashes appeared.

About 6 months after the first outbreak he noticed the red rashes spreading across his neck and his left arm, fearing the worse he set to praying and bathing daily as if either would stop the virus.  However after the two week period when normal people would die, he survived, and to his amazement never felt any different due to the rash.  The markings were horrific, and they were something he couldn't bare to see, so he had a local tattoo artist ink him up to cover the markings.  The faith based tattoos soon covered the rashes nearly complete, however a few small patches of red irritated skin can be seen.  Soon the world came crashing down, and the Unseen appeared almost as if they were ghosts.  After hearing about the unseen, and seeing the rash through his tattoos he did one thing he regrets to this day, he left all the good he had in this world. 

Joe wasn't infected like he was, and he would be damned if he let her catch it from him.  So one night while she was at work he packed a bag, left a small note, and left to return home, his home in Pennsylvania.  When he arrived he reopened the book store in hopes to start over knowing most likely he had limited time from the affliction. Weeks passed before he found the world had crumbled to shit. He didn't know what he was going to do, but he knew he couldn't stay here.  So he boarded up the bookstore and left to head north into the woods to a church his grandmother used to take him, an area he though would be well guarded and not have a lot of people around. When he arrived at the church he found the practitioners, or what was left, were dead and dying.  The Unseen had gotten to them, and the screams of the dying filled the air as he tried what he could to save them and mend their wounds.  When shit hit the fans and life became worse his dreams turned into nightmares.  Often he couldn't sleep, waking up from the screams for help in his head of the people he's seen die.  The same images of the church play over in his thoughts, and after 6 months of traveling on the road he found himself turning to alcohol and pills to quiet the noises in his head.   

Weapons: Baseball bat, .22 long barrel rifle with no bullets left
Gear: Backpack filled with a few small books, canteen of water, small used first aid kit, zippo lighter, cross necklace given to him by his grandmother, A small pocket knife given to him by Joe, small thin blanket and towel wrapped together on backpack.  Small bottle of Jack Daniels with only a few swigs left, Small bottle of sleeping pills.
Fears: The darkness, he knows those things move quickly and silently, but in the darkness they are virtually undetectable.  The night mares he has been having. His drug and Drink abuse getting worse like his parents.
Casual ons: loves to read and write
Casual offs: darkness, drug users (even though he is sort of one)
Sexual ons: same as personal
Sexual offs: scat, gore, vore
Additional Photos

Sexual Organ ;)
NSFW

Thread Links

“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
Amy: Shall I run and get the manual?
The Doctor: I threw it in a supernova.
Amy: You threw the manual in a supernova? Why?
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

GnothiSeauton

If I can't have you, my love...  I'll destroy you
~World Building Workshop ~ Current Ideas and Requests  ~
~ Preferences ~ Status  ~ Nightmares and Inspirations~
~Gnothi's Stories Without Homes~
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

la dame en noir

I'm not supposed to be joining anymore group games...but my games have been slow (1x1 and group)...so I'm interested in this since i've never played in a game like this before.

*bookmarked*
Games(Group & 1x1): 7 | Post Rate: 1 - 6 days | Availability: Actively looking!
A&A | FxF |
O/Os | FxF Writers Directory

Orange Marmalade

Potentially interested here... need to think concepts though.

Chreestafer

Sweet!

Welcome aboard new people!

And those veterans of the game welcome back!

Feel free to post characters here or pm and if any questions ask away!
“The Doctor: This is bad, I don't like this. [kicks console and yells in pain] Never use force, you just embarrass yourself. Unless you're cross, in which case... always use force!
The Doctor: Because I disagreed with it! Now stop talking to me when I'm cross!”
Ons and Offs
F-List

Chreestafer

As I said before I am also open to a Co GM to help the game run smoother this time around.
Ons and Offs
F-List

Chreestafer

this is what I imagine the unseen to look like

Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide

Ons and Offs
F-List

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Vonandi

I'm interested, though I'm thinking my character was afflicted and managed to obtain some major facial and body scars or missing parts such as an eye or forearm due to surviving hate crimes and other abuse and that may not be super sexy to some people would that matter?

Chreestafer

Welcome aboard and throw up any character concepts you'd like :)
Ons and Offs
F-List

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Ithnuul on February 02, 2015, 09:23:44 PM
I'm interested, though I'm thinking my character was afflicted and managed to obtain some major facial and body scars or missing parts such as an eye or forearm due to surviving hate crimes and other abuse and that may not be super sexy to some people would that matter?

I think that would be pretty bad ass.
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies... The man who never reads lives only one.

Seeking New Stories

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Chreestafer on February 02, 2015, 09:27:56 PM
Welcome aboard and throw up any character concepts you'd like :)

I'm still pondering this... I love the idea, and am tinkering with ideas.

Currently kind of toying with possibly a dude who was once a bit of a pampered model now forced to live in this fucked up world - possibly afflicted (either with a tiny rash that he tries with every fiber of his being to hide, or with something more obvious that he hates for marring his visage). Someone in shape, but totally unaccustomed to the real world (think those white collar, well-to-do, crazy crossfitters who've never actually roughed a night in the woods).

DarkAngel111

*will throw my hat in*

Hopefully I can come up with a character....soon

Chreestafer

Sweet keep the interest coming guys!

can't wait to kick this off!
Ons and Offs
F-List

Vonandi

I'm working on a sheet, but I can't seem to find any pictures that would work with my character as I imagine her, can I write a description or are pictures a must?

Chreestafer

Either is fine, or find a photo of what she looked like prior to everything that happened and just write down what modifications there are
Ons and Offs
F-List

Chreestafer

Come on guys! Want to get this going with in a few days still want at least 4 more people :)
Ons and Offs
F-List

GnothiSeauton

Im still interested.

I'll take my afflicted girl from last time around and polish her up a bit amd get it back here hopefully today.

Seeking New Stories

Chreestafer

I have you counted in the whole mix, I'm looking for 4 more :)
Ons and Offs
F-List

Orange Marmalade

Couple questions - how long have things been sort of.. in the state they are currently in? How fast was society's fall?

GnothiSeauton

Quote from: Chreestafer on February 05, 2015, 11:12:47 AM
I have you counted in the whole mix, I'm looking for 4 more :)

Just making sure lol...

Seeking New Stories

Chreestafer

Quote from: Orange Marmalade on February 05, 2015, 03:22:37 PM
Couple questions - how long have things been sort of.. in the state they are currently in? How fast was society's fall?

Society basicly fell like a house of cards. They weren't prepared for a third of the world population to die almost instantly.  That coupled with war and soon enough the world became a wasteland. Think of walking dead ideals, there are the unseen out there to kill you, but there are also bands of canibals as well as other surviving groups.  There are people out there also who believe the government's still going to save us all.

And I believe I'm starting it as it's been about 8 month since society has fallen completely.  End of summer time on the verge of the colder months.
Ons and Offs
F-List

la dame en noir

A&A | FxF |

Orange Marmalade

Quote from: Chreestafer on February 05, 2015, 05:13:03 PM
Society basicly fell like a house of cards. They weren't prepared for a third of the world population to die almost instantly.  That coupled with war and soon enough the world became a wasteland. Think of walking dead ideals, there are the unseen out there to kill you, but there are also bands of canibals as well as other surviving groups.  There are people out there also who believe the government's still going to save us all.

And I believe I'm starting it as it's been about 8 month since society has fallen completely.  End of summer time on the verge of the colder months.

Awesome!

Also do you plan on just having sort of one main story thread or will there be some kind of spinoff/sandbox opportunities to roleplay on the side, etc?

Vonandi

Old Sheet
Spoiler: Click to Show/Hide
Name:Lisa (surname unknown)
Afflicted or Unafflicted: Afflicted
Feelings toward Afflicted: Indifference
Appearance:Slightly taller then average, she's fairly pale and her hair is extremely pure white, due to some sort of side effect her being experimented on or possibly some strange reaction to the infection its self. Her hair is also very short and spiky with a sort of tomboyish appearance, though it seems as if she has been some how cutting it her self. She's a bit thin and lanky but massively toned and muscled, as if she'd been living of the land for years before the infection even started. She has slight and angular facial features her and eyes are bright green, Her left eye is covered in a bloodied black cloth tied around her head.
Her entire body seems to be covered with various scars. Layers of scars run up and down her arms, all apparently made by some sort of repeated incisions over a long period of time, there are several bullet wound scars in her lower abdomen, as well as a long very shallow scar across her abs that slowly fades as it goes; what appears to be a surgical scar down the middle of her chest, several deep blade scars just under her shoulder, a deep scar running from her under right ear to just below her eye and across the bridge of her nose, and countless scrapes and bruises.

Her hand is wrapped up in a black cloth to hide the rash on the back on her hand, which is also covered in deep scars, presumably in some vain previous attempt to remove it, or perhaps just in some desperate angry denial.

Personality:A bit on the unpredictable side. She seems to shift between absolute misanthropy and bitter self loathing to a kicked puppy unable to comprehend and defend against the sudden kick of the foot of god into her unprepared gut. She fights with her suicidal tendencies but in this raw survival situation something primal keeps her going and fighting for life even as she starts to question if it's better to just end it now or die later when she finally slips up.
Sexual Orientation: bi but leans towards men

Bio:

Weapons:A makeshift machete made of a sharped strip of jagged rusted metal
bolted into half chair leg, a small stolen survival knife with a about 4 inch blade.

Gear:rusted razor blade, a severed skeletal finger,a mid sized drawstring heshen sack the bottom of which is stained with blood. Several torn pieces of random cloth,Some near rotting fruit, a dented beaten can of preserved meat.
Fears:Close relationships, also see casual offs
Casual ons: Small tight places to hide the harder to get in the better, ( Under beds, in crawl spaces ect.) she feels safe in such places, even before the infection started., The rain, mostly the sound of it but even being caught in it when out searching for supplies. The feeling of all the dirt and grime being washed from her body makes her feel fresh and renewed, for a moment almost a completely different person.
Casual offs:Sudden movements, loud sounds, people getting to close to her, being cornered, Mostly she'll get deeply startled and make up for it with aggression after she comes to. She has bad memories associated with needles.
Sexual ons:Pain and torture, dilfs, gore, blood, (non con is super ok), non con bondage, hairy muscular men, fingering, breast/nipple play,
Sexual offs:Pregnancy, scat (vomit and urine is OK in certain circumstances)