Looking for a Star Wars or D&D game to join.

Started by CaptainErotica, September 14, 2008, 04:19:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadPanda

Found my 2e WEG rulebook! AND it had the Jawa stats on a note used as a bookmark.
Will send basic concept by you via PM, robguy.

Even Pirates need a grease monkey.
Voluptas ailuri fulgentis decretum est!
Omnis nimis, temperantia ob coenobitae.
(Jes, tiuj frazoj estas malĝustaj. Pandoj fakte ne komprenas la latinan!)

One on Ones Suggestion Box
Group Game Suggestion Box
Pandariffic Ons and Otherwise
In Memory of Bishrook

CaptainErotica

The character looks good Mad.  I am in the process of converting as much of the d20 info as I can, as far as species and things like that, since I can't find my species sourcebooks and the d20 alien book has tons more that WEG ever had.

One other big change I will be making is to the way the Force works. Rather than being broken down into Control, Sense, Alter and all that it will be one new Attribute called simply the Force. For anyone familiar with the fairly new d6 Space it will work similar to the new metaphysical attribute they added. Non Force Sensitive characters will have 0D in this attribute. Jedi and other characters may allot starting attribute dice to it, but Max starting level will be 2D.

The various Force powers will become skills listed under the Force attribute. They are purchased just like regular skills. In game you may only increase a Force skill you have used since your last increase in that skill. Learning a new Force skill requires some way to learn it in game (Holcron, another Jedi, etc) in addition to the CP cost. 

Each Force skill will be placed in a ranking category as follows:

Padawan - Everyday, simple Jedi powers.
Apprentice-  more complex or difficult powers to learn.
Knight- Even more powerful, complex or difficult to master power.
Master- Only the most dedicated and powerful Jedi can learn these powers.

The categories are based on your characters level of Force Mastery as dictated by their Force attribute.

Padawan    +1 - 2D
Apprentice  2D+1 - 4d
Knight        4D+1 - 6d
Master        6D+1 +

You may only learn a Force skill if your Force attribute is equal to or higher than the minimum die code for the skill. You may attempt any Force skill even if you do not possess the skill, but the difficulty of success will be high depending on the level of the skill being tried. For example A Padawan can try to use  Knight level power but would be at a difficulty of 25 or so.

In addition to these changes all characters will have a stat called Midicloreans. For no Force Sensitives it will be equal to 0. Characters who are Force Sensitive will have 1d6 Mdiclorieans/ per pip in the Force attribute. Every time they increase their Force attribute they add 1d6 to their Midiclorean score up to their max Midiclorean level. The Max Midiclorean level will be randomly rolled by me for each character including no force sensitives. you will not know this number until you reach it, but you may be given clues via interaction with the universe. It may be low or it may be high, though It will be high enough for you to be able to function at higher levels. One Jedi may have 50 while another has 100. Think of it like comparing A typical Jedi's potential to Anikan's.

Each Force skill will have a set amount of Midiclorean usage /per use or turn in it is continuous. Midicloreans will regenerate at 1 point per die in the Force attribute/turn. Obviously this means that substained use of powers will become difficult. A master might well be able to use the lowest their powers consistently, but will be hard pressed to do so with the truly powerful powers.

I'm still working on categorizing and modifying the powers to fit this concept.  What do you all think?

Transgirlenstein

Warning you now...I'm stealing this for next time I run d6 star wars....

You were warned :P
Busy with freelance writing work.  Replies slow.  Feel free to prod me. 

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

Ons/Offs: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=19217.0

Seeking Games!: https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=71239.0

Valkyr

Ons and Offs

This was never my world, you took the Angel away....

CaptainErotica

@ Tripping -go for it. If it works good feel free to use it.

@Valkry- Sure I actually don't think anyone has sent me a force user yet, but you might want to hold of until I get my custom force rules finished.

ETA for this to start in early next week. I think I've only received 2 characters so far.

Bayushi

Quote from: Sekube Pirate AKA Robguy on October 02, 2008, 03:50:32 AM@Valkry- Sure I actually don't think anyone has sent me a force user yet, but you might want to hold of until I get my custom force rules finished.

I'd be interested in a Force User.

Only problem is that I do not have access to the WEG rules or character creation info. I'd need someone to do it for me. >.<

I think a rogue jedi of some nature would be fun.

Muse

Sounds like we need more non-force users. 

i got a coppy of the WEG Star Trek Core used at Hatter's fro 10 bucks today.  Glee! 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Erin

I'd like to join this game, if you'll have me :)
I don't have the rulebook, and I have no idea about the Legacy setting, except for what I just read on the wiki.

If it'd be allright, I'd love to play a force user, too. Preferably something dark. ^^

Phaia

I have never played WEG Starwars...had too look it up on google!!

I do not know the WEG systems but have a character concpet I would love to play!!!

Phaia

Transgirlenstein

Hey, I'm still interested just still involved in getting internet into my new place.

Formally Tripping Satyr, Tripping Snake and QueenTrippingserpent.  Often known as Trip.

CaptainErotica

Sorry for the hold up, but I have been having some problems with my real life and need to put this on hold for now. I will definately run it, but it might be a week or two before i am ready to go. That said I have a few ideas/suggestions/questions for those that are still interested.

I had origionally wanted to use the WEG rules, but due to it being obsolete not many seem to know them or have access to the books. would you all prefer if I went with the Saga rules instead? Also setting wise I recently stumbled across my Darkstryder Campaign set for WEG. It is set in the outer fringes of known space about five years after Return of the Jedi. It is also a bit darker and grittier than traditonal Star Wars. Would you be interested more in this or stay with the origional idea? I already have most of the campaign stuff converted to D20 so it can be run with either system.

MadPanda

I'm good either way.
If we go SAGA, do you want us to use standard scores, 25 point buy, or 4d6 dropping the low die?  (I prefer standard scores, but that's just because it's faster and simpler...and the Die Roller here hates players...)

In Memory of Bishrook

Erin

I really don't mind about the ruleset, as long as it doesn't become entirely freeform I'm ok with any of them.
As for the campaign era, I think I'd prefer one set relatively close to the starwars verse I know but I'm pretty flexible.

Bayushi

I'm not entirely sure on the SAGA rules.

How different are they from the 3e rules?

EDIT:
Quote from: Erin on October 09, 2008, 08:52:10 AMI really don't mind about the ruleset, as long as it doesn't become entirely freeform I'm ok with any of them.
As for the campaign era, I think I'd prefer one set relatively close to the starwars verse I know but I'm pretty flexible.

Which 'verse is that? Me, I'm a bit familiar with Sith Wars era, okay with Clone Wars, meh on Empire era, and somewhat familiar with NJO era.

Of all of those, I like Sith Wars and NJO the most... gives the most freedom for creativity and flexibility with characters.

Erin

Whoops, sorry!
I don't know anything (except for what I've read on the wiki) about Legacy, so I'd be comfortable with any other setting, but I'd be ok with legacy, too.
I'd just need someone to fill me in on the most important developments not covered by the wiki.

Muse

Saga?  Do you really mean it Rob?  *Dances* 
A link for all of us who ever had a shouting match with our muse: http://www.ted.com/talks/elizabeth_gilbert_on_genius.html

How to set this Muse ablaze (O/Os)

When the little angel won't appear no matter how many plum blossoms you swirl:  https://elliquiy.com/forums/index.php?topic=135346.msg16474321#msg16474321 (Major update 5/10/2023)

Bayushi

Quote from: Muse on October 10, 2008, 08:33:01 PMSaga?  Do you really mean it Rob?  *Dances*

/whimper

What is Saga?

I google'd, and apparently it's revised 3.5e Star Wars? I don't have the Saga book, unfortunately, just the old 3.5e core book. Should I work with that, then get help afterwards?

What level, era, etc?

MadPanda

Saga Edition is the new version of Star Wars.
It's pretty streamlined compared to 3.0/3.5

In Memory of Bishrook

Bayushi

Quote from: MadPanda on October 10, 2008, 09:54:54 PM
Saga Edition is the new version of Star Wars.
It's pretty streamlined compared to 3.0/3.5

Unfortunately, I don't have the new version, just the older 3.5e PHB.

*...ish getting frustrated*

MadPanda

In Memory of Bishrook

Transgirlenstein

I'm afraid I know nothing about the saga edition

MadPanda

Don't Panic!  We'll help!

If you've played the OGL d20 system, you'll know the basics.  It's the same framework--it's just been simplified a bit so that play flows more smoothly.

In Memory of Bishrook

Bayushi

Quote from: trippingsatyr on October 11, 2008, 06:42:31 AMI'm afraid I know nothing about the saga edition

I wish I had the book(s). I went as far as to buy the 3.5e Star Wars core rulebook(PHB), but that's as far as I did get, unfortunately.

Getting a Star Wars game going was always harder than getting a D&D game going(which was near impossible itself).

I haven't tabletop gamed in about three years. :(

MadPanda

I know your pain!  Too many cool games, too few players, too little time...  :)

In Memory of Bishrook

Transgirlenstein