Javascript: Macromedia's Flash Player

Started by King_Furby, April 10, 2007, 11:06:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King_Furby

I have an error when trying to view you tube videos. A message comes up like this:

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

I got the latest flash player but what of this javascript thing. I think thats the issue so how do i check if its on or off? Anyone know like how i would be able to find that?

Vekseid

This browser do you use?

In Internet Explorer, go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced, in the Browsing section, make sure Enable 3rd-party extensions is checked.

Also make sure your securty settings aren't set on 'high' for youtube.

King_Furby

I have tired both Internet Explorer and AOL try to see if You Tube works but it isn't.

I have the latest flash player but i cant even find javascript on my computer. I cant find it on the net either, i cant find a download or anything.

Wierd thing is You Tube was working literally a few days ago.

thanks for moving my thread i was not sure where to put it.

HairyHeretic

What version of IE do you have? I've got the most recent on here, but I rarely use it.

Try this

Tools - Internet Options - Security
Click on the Internet, then Custom Level, and scroll to almost the bottom. You should see a handfull of Scripting settings.

Or alternately, get Firefox or Opera :)
Hairys Likes, Dislikes, Games n Stuff

Cattle die, kinsmen die
You too one day shall die
I know a thing that will never die
Fair fame of one who has earned it.

King_Furby

Thank you very much that did the trick. I installed firefox and here is what happened. I was missing some plugins and firefox prompted me to download them. IE for some reason was not doing that but it works now.

Thanks for the help.

Why is Mozilla Firefox so much faster than IE, it seems weird that pages load faster for me with Firefox than IE. I just wondering if anyone knew why that would be?

LonelyTroll

Plain answer:

Firefox > IE

Seriously, though...  Firefox handles a lot of complex pages a lot better, as it really has been built from the ground up to be leaner and meaner than IE...
"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all out of bubblegum."
Ons/Offs

King_Furby

plus it has built in spell check which is pretty nice.