Just a couple of thoughts...

Started by PennySludt, February 26, 2016, 07:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PennySludt

I was going through the birthdays list and I thought 'Hey, wouldn't it be cool if you got an email when someone on your buddy list has a birthday?'...so I don't know if that is or could be a thing, but it seemed kind of cool.

On that same train of thought, I was wondering if there is or could be a way to 'tag' someone by name if they're mentioned in a post, like say a birthday post, kind of like what they offer on Facebook and stuff, where you put the person's name in and have the option of tagging them and it notifies them? That way, when you start a birthday thread for them it would notify them. Also, if you're going through and mentioning someone on the shoutout thread, you could tag that person and they would be able to go to the post and see it.
May Evaporate Without Warning, But It Doesn't Mean I've Dropped The Game! I'll Always Notify If I Don't Want To Continue!

Vekseid

Elkarte has a mentions system, so once we upgrade to that I imagine we'll see plenty of abuse. >_>

PennySludt

May Evaporate Without Warning, But It Doesn't Mean I've Dropped The Game! I'll Always Notify If I Don't Want To Continue!